Sacred Heart Medical Group Employee Reviews

Not much room for advancement
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Enjoyed my job and some of the people I worked with. Manager role requires you attend endless meetings. Administration is always handing out extra job duties, but does not provide compensation for the increased workload. You are expendable and always have the threat of losing your job looming over you. Some good managers, but SHMG has administration that really doesn't care. Lots of "backstabbers".
Pros
Meet great people, networking
Cons
High job turnover, poor upper management
No time for fun
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 4, 2018
You are there to bust your butt and its not appreciated by the doctor or management. The pt's are very sweet and depend on you to get what they need done.
Pros
Free Lunches every day almost
Cons
Short lunch breaks
corporate, cookie cutter molds... You cannot assume what will work in one place will work in another
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLJanuary 31, 2018
One word... Corporation... It's sad when you've been with a company for over 10 years and seen it go from an amazing place to work to a place you dread everyday. I remember how proud I was to wear those purple and white scrubs when I was first hired. When the nun's still roamed the halls of that once glorious place. Now it is like all the other healthcare facilities in our community.
good place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2017
needs better managament. Team leader is seriously lacking in any skills to complete his job. Local managament needs to step in and have a look at what is going on with his job
Great mission, misses the mark in practice
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547December 6, 2017
Their leadership training is impeccable, but unfortunately not everyone takes the training back to the office. The environment changes from office to office. Some offices are fun and productive, others are stressful and frantic. The pay is not good compared to a similar position in other companies in the area. They benefits are great. The mission to care for the vulnerable is amazing. I truly enjoyed leading my department. I was fortunate to have the best employees and the best doctors.
Pros
Training
Cons
Slow movement from upper management
Don’t do it
Medical Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 27, 2017
Management doesn’t listen. They don’t care about the employees. You can give them your all and they don’t care. I do not recommend this company ever to anyone.
God is good
Certified Medical Assistant/ MOS (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 24, 2017
I truly enjoy being a Medical Assistant and helping others. I believe that is why God put me where I am today. Sacred Heart is a great Facility and Hospital their doctors are awesome as well as the staff I wouldn't go anywhere else for continued care. Sacred Heart Medical Group was my first job right out of MA school, I have learned alot throughout the 6 years I was there. I started out as a MOS and was moved to clinical to triage patients, take vitals, get to know the patient aittle bit and then send in the Dr. The office was an full of women with 4 nurses in the back with 2 providers and there was a lab where all of the lab specimens were collected and sent out.
The hardest part of my job was trying to remember patients names. The best part was to be greeted in the morning with a smile and a good morning which started off the day like a ray of sunshine.
There have been 3 managers at this office all have been extremely helpful and caring in regards to the staff and patients. There is favoritism in the office which makes it extremely difficult and very stressful.
Pros
Free lunches from Drug Reps and nice things done for the Dr's by patients
Cons
Favoritism, gossiping and mistreatment to staff by Supervisor.
Excellent Place to Work
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for Sacred Heart and only left because my family relocated. It was a good environment and I was able to provide the kind of patient care that patients deserve.
Enjoyable place to work and help.
Medical Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJuly 26, 2017
Sacred Heart Medical Group is a steady place to work. There are no benefits working for this organization. I enjoy working with patients and being able to help on a daily basis, which is the most enjoyable part of this job. The hardest part of the job is the workload and the low paying salary.
Pros
Amazing staff.
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Management
Always busy; never not doing anything or not having anything to do. There was always work to be done.
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 28, 2017
I learned a lot in my job. I did not get formal training; I was somewhat thrown in, but I caught on quickly. Management always made sure that if I needed anything to not hesitate to ask. A typical day at work was having a patient come into the referral office needing assistance with getting an appointment set up with a specialist. So I would find out who is in network with the patients insurance, get authorization if needed, then call the specialist office to see if I could schedule the patient over the phone or if they had to call the patient themselves. After that, all needed documents (labs, office notes, etc) would be faxed to the specialist office. I enjoyed helping the patient in getting the care that they needed required by the doctor.
Contractor work, great for time at home with family
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 23, 2017
Scheduled appointments from the convience of my home, Drove to clients homes and performed exams for life insurance. Performed DOT breathalyzers and drug screens. Packaged up lab samples for life insurance exams and urine/hair drug screens.

It provided a good income and afforded me the availablity to be home with my small children.
Pros
family time
Cons
not steady income
great company to work for!
PHYSICIAN BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 19, 2017
My last job with Sacred Heart was an awesome job. I loved the challenge and it taught me alot! The environment was great and the opportunities were endless. I tell anybody that ask me Sacred Heart is a great company to work for!
HR department and upper management is terrible.
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
It takes months to get anyone hired, the firing process is terrible, and getting anything done by someone outside of your office is practically impossible.
Pros
free lunches, great office. great people
Cons
Corporate, Hr, management outside of the office
Very good work environment
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 1, 2017
Sacred Heart provided a very good work environment and always made it sure our best interest was at hand. My supervisors were very understanding of home lives
Great clinical staff, under staffed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 18, 2017
The clinical staff at SHMG is wonderful, they understand the concept of team work. However, the front staff is not properly trained. They did not have a proper supervisor allowing for things to be missed and done incorrectly. And lastly, management although in the beginning were very helpful and stood for what management should be -this quickly changed and unfortunately made working for the company difficult.
Don't care about there employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Sacred Heart Hospital was an Excellent company to work for until the company Ascension took over and they have changed so much. They have took so much for the employees we don't get raises or bonuses.No more free lunches
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only 30 min lunch breaks
Productive and Wonderful Learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32507June 21, 2016
Busy medical office with outstanding staff. Able to learn as you work and really enjoy going to work. Staff always willing to help.
Cons
salary
A usual work day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Patient registration; appointment scheduling; verify insurance eligibility; obtain authorization when needed; triage patients such as obtain vitals when needed; collect patients copays for appointments.

I love helping patients feel better health wise. Most of the time, patients already are not feeling well and you may be the only one to have a smile on your face and being nice to make their day a lot better. My co-workers and I use a system of "Team work" to get the patients taken care of. I work for a great physician. I have been her for almost 8 years this November 2015. My manager is very understanding. She listens when we all have a moment of needing to just talk and express ourselves.

I love the fact that patients ask for me by name when I am out of the office or gone on my lunch break.
Pros
great insurance, great company
Cons
pay for your experience
Busy environment
MEDICAL OFFICE SECRETARY for 9 physicians and lab (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 7, 2015
Busy all day long. Great coworkers and nurses and doctors. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the ringing phones. I enjoyed getting to know the patients and meeting their appointment needs.
Pros
Lots of free catered lunches from drug reps
Cons
Phones not working right
Great
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Employer is wonderful with employees and patients! Excellent one on one care!