SAE Institute Employee Reviews

Overall experience
Financial Aid Rep (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2018
Office environment very relaxed at times it can be stressful because the budget must be met. Management listens to your needs. Just wish a raise can be discussed. Currently not open to it.
Excellent staff and talented students
AUDIO TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2017
This job was richly rewarding. I had the honor and privilege to work with some of the most intelligent and talented instructors I have ever met. I am truly grateful for the opportunity.
they paid well
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 30, 2017
no job security
No concern for time spent working overtime
No concern for personal health
No concern for class preparation
No credit for extra work put in
No concern for anything besides their bottom line
Run away from this sinking ship
Financial aid (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
SAE is like going to a store and thinking everything looks great but once you buy the item you realize the material is cheap.
They don't care about their students and they definitely do not care about their employees, that's why many of the good ones left.
The school's reputation in regards to the quality of students they send into the workforce is terrible within the industry. But that's what happens when it's more about quantity.
Save yourself a headache and find a different place to go.

Little to no room for advancement, disgruntled students and over worked staff.
Pros
Students
Cons
Management, Poor enrollment practices
Nothing to Say about SAE
Marketing Manager, Email (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2017
SAE has a good intention, even if it's poorly executed. I wouldn't recommend working there, it is very quick to adopt the "for profit" mentality, and not act in the best interest of the students.
Great students, ok pay, staff is... meh, at best.
Audio Engineering Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2017
The company has been sold so the old management has all but left. Enjoyed passing knowledge to students who are eager to learn. As an audio instructor, I met many students who are great musicians. Some have done well in their career.
The other instructors can be very pompous, touting their "Musical accomplishments" over & over. But most of the instructors have been there for years, some for decades, which shows no growth.

Instructor position can become monotonous, doing the same thing, day-in, day-out. The school corriculum doesn't prepare students for real world jobs that actually pay, such as post production in television & live sound.
Promotions are rare, if your do get one, it will require you to relocate to another campus in another state or country. Pay is salary only.
Overall, the job is ok, but there are other media schools that pay more, have more growth potential, and better pay.
Pros
Working with great students & being surrounded by music ear.
Cons
Job growth is minimal. Salary only pay. Some other instructors are full of themselves.
Sales
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2017
It's just a job that you need to have a good back bone. It's stressful as you have to meet your numbers. But the environmental with all the students is great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It is a tough environment since there are numbers to meet and everyone isn't friendly.
Admission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2016
I came into SAE not knowing what to expect and how long I would be there. The work environment is pretty tough based on the requirements of our Supervisor but an overall friendly environment amongst co workers. We have a daily quota to meet and it can be difficult with the quality of leads that we have. It's very far from my place of residence and requires a 2 hour ride to and from Monday through Friday. I appreciate it for being a resource but it comes with too much demand and not enough compensation.
Pros
The team I work with all have a very friendly competitive spirit.
Cons
It is very far from my residence and compensation is not where I would like it to be.
What I learned.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 10, 2015
Fast pace work place with new advancements of the industry.
Lots of red tape and politics, but was expected with a company going through some growing pains. Great work environment for the students and staff. Met lots of nice and hardworking individuals.
Pros
Industry Connections
Cons
healthcare
Great Experience
Head Lab Instructor and Studio Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2015
I loved using my management skills to hire the best instructors that helped push students towards success. I also enjoyed using my technical skills to teach students how to troubleshoot.
Fun place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2014
A fun environment to work in. Students are hungry to learn and improve.
En fantastisk skola.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2014
En helt underbar skola, man lär sig mycket, och där finns mycket bra lärare och alla är som en stor familj. Man lär sig allt om Musik, Ljud, Musikprogram, Mixerbord, Ljudets signal.
Pros
Bra arbetsro.
Cons
Inga.
great place to work and learn
Work Shop instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
a typical work day was left to my imagination

there are so many ways to accomplish a goal

management is great

love the people there

getting students to come to workshops

the music and creativity
Pros
do what you love
Cons
no position guarantee