SAExploration Inc.

SAExploration Inc. Employee Reviews in Anchorage, AK

SAExploration Inc. insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Great Pay, Great Management unsecured work stability.

Overall the Pay was great for the position I held with them the past Slope tenure. The management, safety and support staff aside from one PM in particular were amazing. If it weren’t for this one individual in management, I would make a very strong effort to work for them. Regardless for the one bad apple, he won’t ruin the whole bunch. Great Company!

Highs and lows. Hit or miss. Lots of travel to cool places.

Can be a grind, and work with some difficult people in difficult circumstances. Project completion under budget is the only thing that matters to the company. Whatever pains or lack of respect to the workforce is a distant secondary.

Don’t Go When Expecting

My wife is pregnant, so staying this season was challenging. I was given more responsibility without a direct increase in pay, so that made the decision to come home before the season’s end all the easier

Away for weeks at a time

I worked on a boat dealing with seismic for oil. You pretty much work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week up to 6 weeks at a time, then you get at least 10 days off until you go back. Seasonal position, good atmosphere and I would recommend the job if you are looking.

Pros

Decent pay checks

Cons

Away for weeks at a time

Working Out of Town

I worked on the North Slope of Alaska. The pay was good. The food was good. Management was difficult to deal with. The RCM was very set in his ways, a log of people didn't like working for him.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

good for seasonal work

If you're seeking permenant work or a career with SAExploration, be prepared to work hard and not recieve any aknowledgement for your accomplishments. I feel that employees at SAE are not valued unless you are at a management position. And in order to be considered or get promoted to managers, They hire from somewhere else rather then promoting within the company/crew. I found it difficult to progress within the company even with my twelve years of experience in the industry. In my personal experience, It's s job that i could fall back on to make some quick money while exploring for other options.

Pros

expenses all paid while at job site

Cons

short jobs that leads to laid offs

poor management and wages

overall, company just needs too prioritize wages and care of employees, very toxic and hostile work environment, overall learned all aspects of the workings of the slope,

Pros

lots of over time

Cons

short breaks

This Job is not for everyone

This job requires most of your time. I worked 9 months a year away from home. Pays well, but oil is a feast or famine business. Expect to either work a lot or get laid off.

great place to work

I think that the company is a great place to work over all its like a great big family and they care for there employees .They take care of all your housing and food and pay a great wage

Pros

housing is payed for and wage is great

Cons

seasonal wish it was full time

good work place

IT a fun place to gain bill money,lots of hours fun job sites alaska was a good place.people if very hardworking,bosses keep you pump.

Pros

good money

Cons

short jobs

Exciting and Great Work Experience

Fun and Exciting work place. Lots of traveling and meeting new People. Utilize multiple computer systems and help manage crew personnel for daily operations.

Pros

Great Salaries

they were ok

saexploration was a good place to work and i liked it alot. they were remote and work was never in the same place. thats whati liked the most about them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAExploration Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about SAExploration Inc. in Anchorage, AK