Safariland Employee Reviews

Too sad the Co. had relocate.
Maintenance/Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761July 10, 2019
I was very happy and content to work at Safariland. I learned a lot from my workers and Supervisor thought our job was excellent and rewarding . And my superiors from the President and down the chain of command always praise us as a team
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2019
Great working place
I love work for this company
People are friendly
Pay great
Easy work
Clean workplace
Everyone works together
Manger's friendly fun
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Workplace
So toxic it’s pathetically laughable
I would be fired (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2019
If you value your personal safety you won’t work for this company. The manager of quality is an arrogant putz who has a Napoleon syndrome. The floor personnel are great but stressed and disgruntled. No one is valued and there are some great people there but management abuses the workers. They watch you go to break, lunch, bathroom and will give you points if your late. They use a point system to discipline. This place sucks but it’s money.
Pros
Cons
Intimidation, strong arm tactics, liars and hateful management
Horrible pay, management, and don’t expect to be appreciated for hard work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 15, 2019
I worked there for 10 months as a temp and had to keep asking and pushing to be hired on because temps there are limited to what they can do. They pay you 10.50 until you get hired on and after I did, I got bumped to 10.90. They never show appreciation for hard work but love to point out your mistakes. Bad management, bad pay, only good thing was the hours are always 40 a week and if you’re a shipper, like I was, 90% of the time you work as much overtime as you want
Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2019
I enjoy working and knowing that the product we make saves lives and officers can get back to there families and just knowing that we made a difference in someone’s life
Something to bring some money in
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2019
As a full-time employee, I would not recommend anyone this job. One, management is poor. They do not listen to the concerns of there employees and make some idiotic decisions thinking that it will help benefit the company. Two, the pay is not worth the hassle and nonsense they put out. Going to work everyday at 5am to get out around 330pm is not worth the 12 dollars an hour rate they give you. Once you become full-time, you get a dollar more. You can try to ask for more but that depends on how they feel about you and if you suck up to them or are a brown noser. And there is a lot of that at this company. Some employees are trust worthy but, 90% of them will bad mouth you or talk trash about you once you walk away. Overall, I do not see this company lasting long and feel sorry for the good employees they have left.
Pros
Cons
Managment, poor pay
The manufacturing plant is a very stressfull environment
Decline to Answer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2019
Priorities changed sometimes hourly and you might have to move to another department. Many times some of the workforce was sent home early without pay, but hours worked 30 hours overtime in 1 week.
Productive workplace
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2019
Loved working with this conpany. Thet were always trying to advance to help you better your job.Always learrning things different to better my job and efficiency.
Great internship experience where your input is valued and implemented.
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Great internship experience. Used Lean Six Sigma tools to improve production and got to see real changes implemented during the internship period. Output of the receiving department was increased by 31% based on the changes we recommended.
Pros
Free lunches. Course Units.
Cons
No benefits offered to interns
Safriland is a day to day Development Oportunities Bussines and compensates for the commitment of people
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761December 28, 2018
My 29 years at Safariland have been compensated in accordance to the commitment and ownership of my day to day responsibilities and challenges I assumed. Safariland has been one of the best schools I could attend, Safariland threats his employees with dignity and respect and each member has the opportunity to enhance their abilities and skills to an optimal level.
Needs better management
International Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 4, 2018
I would remain if upper management would take what the employees say more seriously regarding supervisors. The work is great and the people are wonderful.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
I made amazing friends but management was horrible.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2018
I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys a very repetitive paced work, you get a three day weekend and they offer overtime. The friends that I made I will have for a lifetime. Management is sneaky and lies about a lot of things.
Pros
Hours, pay, people.
Learning experience and opportunities
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 5, 2018
*Great place to work and learn different areas of the departments
*Supporting associates on day to day activities and creating goals for the day/week.
*Great learning experience and training from upper management
*Goal oriented company
To much drama. Don’t appreciate people hard work
Production Associate. Cutting department (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2018
They struggle with money . Every week is something no material no money to enough material and no money to pay for over time. They don’t want to give you a rate even for does that work hard and deserved. Nice place but no money they don’t appreciate people’s hard work
Pros
Nothing free
Big company with lots of employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Liked working there but my shift was a start up shift working on the weekends.
Liked my co workers and my manager and loved my people.
I would recommend Safariland as a good place to work.
Hostile environment
Technical designer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2018
company is not moving forward and is struggling financially, Support from managers and directors nonexistent, failed implantations of new processes and trends
Stay in production
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 16, 2018
The production teams and management have a great team. The corporate side of the company is disgusting. No values and lead by a crook (knowingly). There must be some underhanded side deals being made. The things that go on there are atrocious. The employees in the corporate side are nearly all corrupt. You could not pay me to work for this company again!

The benefits they offered look good on paper but you might as well have not had coverage at all.
Pros
Production teams are great, good environment
Cons
Lead by a team of crooked vultures
No real job Advancment
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2018
I've been working there for about a year and I've noticed no one moves upward only laterally and it seems like they cannot keep anyone there for long.
Pros
4 day weeks sometimes
Cons
Everything else
Outdated culture
Account Specialist- Heavy (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 29, 2018
There is not a strong sense of team work here. If you work well alone,and only look out for yourself, you will survive. Nepotism in full force. Its more about who you know instead of how much you know. You can work hard, get your degree, be smart and enthusiastic, but if you are not tight with a manager, you will likely stay in the same spot for a decade.
great place to work but...
shipping (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 30, 2018
Great place to work pay is good but the management is not very friendly even if you did nothing wrong they are just angry. Overall this is an amazing company and I highly recommend considering when seeking a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safariland. Our community is ready to answer.