Safe Auto Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible to work for
Blended Unit Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
You receive vacation days but aren't allowed a vacation. Safeauto pays very low wages and expects commitment to them 24/7 in total disregard of your family life. They want you to work thru your lunch while taking calls back to back you CAN NOT eat and help the customer at the same time, Truly research this company before starting here the WORST company I have EVER worked for.
Inconsistent and Unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2018
Be careful working for this company, they have a lot of system issues and will blame you for things going wrong to get you out of the door. I collected unemployment from this company for 2 years due to their proven mistakes in the company.
Low pay, high workload
Licensed Claims Adjuster- Generalist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I liked the people I worked with but I wasn't paid enough for the stuff I had to deal with. I left Safe Auto because it was sinking ship. There weren't enough employees to support the workload.
Safe Auto was just alright to work for
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 5, 2018
Safe Auto had too much in-fighting within upper management. The four individuals that caused all of the issues are all gone now...fired by the new upper upper management. My time was enjoyable and rewarding just too much tension.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Inner strife and tension
If you like strees and grey hair go for it....
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 25, 2018
Clock in, Sell insurance, Fail to sell and loose your job. Sell Sell Sell... after you sell, expect to argue with customers who insist on trying to commit fraud and then want to call you every name in the book for not letting them.
Pros
the bathrooms were usually clean
Cons
most things
Claims Department
BI Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2018
The only good thing about working in the casualty department is the employees on your team. Otherwise, the work is stressful and there’s a lot of it, constantly. It’s also recently turned into a call center environment, so you are not only trying to work your new assignments, plus your diary, plus evaluations on incoming demand packages, you are expected to pick up the phone every single time it rings. If you cannot, the call moves to someone on your team. This workflow process is terrible because you can never finish a thought or complete something on a claim file in one shot. You’re either constantly taking messages for the people on your team, or trying to do their work on top of yours. The expectations set by management for this work process is both illogical and unrealistic. On top of the stress of not being able to keep up, pay is terrible. It really is lower than mist competitors, and they justify this by hiring mostly inexperienced college grads, (constant job postings for trainee classes). Also, they let go a ton of tenured folks, so now no one really knows how to handle super complex issues. Low paid college grads are fine for a time, but inexperience can and will likely lead to costly mistakes in the near future.
Pros
Near Easton, in-house cafeteria, can wear jeans everyday.
Cons
Extreme micro-managing, unrealistic goals
Good corporate location
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2018
Great corporate location and environment. Been a few years since I have been there but I enjoyed my time there, albeit about one year. Met some great co-workers there.
Excellant learning experince
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COApril 17, 2018
I became a licensed insurance agent in five states. I dealt with claims, coverage calls. I had an excellent boss that always made us feel appreciated.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2018
I was inspired to work and do a great job because the environment was inviting and warm. I inspired to do a great job because I was recognized for my work performance and attendance
Pros
A place to grow and become successful
Cons
The hours
Amazing workplace with great support.
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2018
I love working for this company. The management is great! I genuinely feel like if my workload becomes to much or I have a hard question I can easily go to a manager and have assistance. This is also a great company to advance your career. I have actively been involved with my manager on my goals inside the company and they have put me in positions to where I have received a few promotions in under a year. This is a company I wake up excited to work for. The only negative is sometimes customers yell but you get that any job dealing with customers.
Pros
Incentives, advancement, pay, paid time off
Cons
Phone ques
Busy and productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCMarch 14, 2018
An average day would consist of taking high risk customer calls, approval of time request off, reviewing employee attendance records. Some days getting lunches.
Pros
Caring co-workers
Cons
No overtime
Don't have a lot of work to do
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2018
At Safe Auto Insurance Company, work and life balance is good and there are not too many works to do. However, if you want to build your skill sets, that is not the place you want to go.
poor managment
Casualty Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2018
little to no experience at upper levels of management
poor leadership and low morale
managment sets their employees up for failure and
appears to be the cat who ate the canary when
they have a front row seat to the show.

team leads are fresh into the insurance industry with little experience

no job security ; "you are just a number" who can do nothing right.
Pros
people /flexible hours
Cons
poor managmenet/ low moral / bureacratic
Fun
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCFebruary 8, 2018
I loved working at Safe Auto doing customer service and sales. This was a highlight in my career. I loved taking care of all my customers policies from start to finish.
Pros
money
Cons
management
Productictive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Insurance AgentJanuary 19, 2018
Call center, a lot of inbound calls. as well as outbound. Training consistent , Fast Pace environment . Management willing to work with the employees .
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Sundays
Overall, not a healthy environment to be working in. Long hours, no management direction on questions about claims. Deadlines and timelines constantly
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2017
Extremely stressful work environment. Turn over of employees is ongoing now that the management teams and the claims departments were restructured .Experienced employees were either terminated or retired early.
Pros
good location
Cons
poor management structure, long hours
Great people to work with / terrible customers
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
I look forward to working with my team, but the work load is unreal. The stress and the verbal abuse customers gave...no money could compensate for how rude the customers are there.
Pros
beautiful office, location and great employees
Cons
Work load and customers
Disposable employees
Just another brick in the wall (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
Pretty much every one outside of the executive team is disposable. Long hours, poor pay & unreasonable expectations. The executive team is only concerned with padding their resumes and increasing their bonus. There is a huge effort to off shore as many positions as possible.
Pros
Its marginally better than being unemployed
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, out of touch upper management.
Over worked and underpaid
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Over the past year Safe Auto has undergone big management changes and with those changes came big work environment changes. There has been a shift to all customer service which is understandable given the product however work life balance and employee happiness has been left behind.
Stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
SafeAuto started off as being the ideal job then there was a change in what was expected with those who were customer service reps. We were force to become sales reps or lose your job. The company has no loyalty to it's employees. Most of the customer service reps have worked with safeauto for 3 to 5 years. Most Reps were given 1 month to prepare for a test that the state gives 6 months to prepare for. Most reps felt that was an injustice done to them.
Pros
Great job if you are a sales person
Cons
SafeAuto has taken 2 jobs and combine them into 1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Auto Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Reviews by Location