SAFE CREDIT UNION

SAFE CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

SAFE CREDIT UNION insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility

Horrible place to work during a pandemic

Call center was very hard. Especially during the pandemic. Desperate people unable to feed their families with no real way to help them but suggest more loans and debt? Its a very stressful environment. Training was minimal though they did their best. And the "help desk" would sometimes get mad if you actually asked for their help. Im sure its hard to teach every situation that could arise for a financial institutions call center but I feel like seperating calls would benefit them a lot. People wouldn't be as burnt out with a constant feel of not knowing how to fix every situation. Management is great, They care a lot, especially during 2020 so that was appreciated.

Pros

great supervisors

Cons

members

Meh

Not that great. lots of gossip, favoritism and judgement by management. super busy and not very enjoyable work. wouldn't recommend to anybody. forced sales is annoying too.

Pros

Cons

A lot

Managers in the call center are great!

Overall I had enjoyed my time there because of the people around me, not the policies of the company. The call center listened to people's needs, other departments not so much. The sales goals drive an unhealthy environment. I didn't know what I was missing until I went to Golden 1 Credit Union.

Pros

Great Management. Competitive pay. Amazing banking.

Cons

Sales goals.

Na

Most of the managers are very nice. They are understanding. Business need does always come first. They do give u fair amount of PTO days. Just be ready to work and don’t be late. Errors can be fixed. Always ask questions. Everyone there will help you no matter who they are.

Productive fast pace helpful environment

On a regular work day I'm able to assist members with all of thier banking needs. I love the fact that i can help people on a daily basis. I have learned banking skills and call center skills i have never had before. workplace is team environment. Hardest part of the job is short tempered members, what i love about my job is helping people

Pros

Banking Experience

Cons

short tempered members

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fun people, bad mamangement

Like all call centers this place will manage your every move. The career pathing system is tiered so you have rep I rep II ect. Favoritism is huge. Great pay. Not flexible with scheduling.

Pros

good pay great co-workers

Cons

unpersonal management

Amazing leadership team.

Co-workers and leadership are amazing. Working bank hours is always a plus. Small call center so everyone works together.

Pros

45 min lunch

Cons

No overtime

Easy going call center environment

A typical day would consist of coming in, getting logged into the system and take member calls. During any downtime, if any, I would check on the status of our team goals and member call backs. I took a lot of knowledge about banking from this job, anything from loans to simply banking procedures. The management was good just very micro-managed but overall pretty good. My co-workers were great, there made everyday worth coming in. The hardest part of the job was taking a customer complaint call and trying to get a sale by the end of the call. The most enjoyable part of the job was the medical, dental, vision and 401K benefits.

Pros

A lot of free lunches for making goals or dealing with an extra hard day

Cons

The micro-managing

Jobs at SAFE CREDIT UNION