Safe Haven Security Employee Reviews

Loved my fellow teammates but was paid to little and expected on sales numbers that were crazy in my first 12 weeks
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 11, 2018
I know for a fact only 1 person remains from my class of 33 that started on my first day with this company. I worked hard and made as many as 160 phone calls in one day and never had a sale cancel on me. I was positive and upbeat and got along with every body. I worked as hard as I could each day but in the end they pulled me into the office on a Tuesday morning and fired me for not having the numbers they wanted in the first 12 weeks. It's bad leadership at the top and the managers in the middle can't do anything about it. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Can't really thank of any
Cons
Bad pay, lack of leadership, and its all about the numbers not how hard you work.
review
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 5, 2018
A growing company with a lot of potential. Struggling with growth to next level. Decent opportunity to make good money, however, the market seems to be saturated in many metro areas with sales reps
Pros
big wage opportunity
Cons
long hours and after regular work hour calls, basically 24x7
False promises/fake expectations/
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 25, 2018
Drove Many miles to an hour and a half to two hour meaningless meeting practicing on a lying door pitch and how to get past the door to hook clients to buy. They expect you to start going to leads at 2:30. Reality is that you spend more time knocking on doors when folks aren’t home and placing flyers on the doors. You’re having to drive a lot and this will create lots of miles on your car and not to mention gas consumption. The very very few people that you do get to speak to either aren’t interested or have a system already. Manager suggest to give up some of “your” commission in order to have client sign up like offering free months that come out of your pocket. They expect you to be on group me app and be proactive in thread. You use your own phone and data for the addresses (leads) provided. They don’t pay my cell phone so I don’t have to answer to them. They do mico- manage you and they assume you are not working if you stay quiet from the group thread. The few threads are to motivate you within coworkers but it’s a big lie. Too much gas and milleage on “your” car, no phone or gas allowance provided. Not enough training on the actual alarm system that often makes you feel like a fool if you are asked by a prospect and lack of knowledge will not get you a sale! Employee turn around sale is high. Don’t work here if only source of income. $500 training turns into $340 in your bank account.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No gas or phone allowance. Lots of miles and placing many flyers on unopened doors.
Competitive but fun
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 9, 2018
Liked it. The people were friendly and the company culture was good. Produce and you make a really good living.

If you're a self starter you'll like it there for sure.
Productive and fast pace
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 4, 2018
day starts at 11am and don't end til about 8pm . you are usually out and about. going to new home owners and tallking and them about having them covert or get your service from adt.
Pros
great staff and management.
Cons
meeting quotas, that are sometimes really hard to meet.
Volatile Environment
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 23, 2018
I would NEVER recommend working for this company. I was employed for about 7 months and was a high performer, working in an office that was doing better than corporate in Kansas City expected, only to have them come in and close us down on a random Thursday with no heads up or notice. The disappointing thing is that we were ahead of our required numbers for the month and had already hit our sales numbers that week, with 3 more days to go. Then, only 2 months after the office was closed, I was contacted by their recruitment team asking me to return, because they were trying to re-open that office.

This company is full of unprofessional and dishonest management, teaching similarly valued sales techniques. Much of the sales pitch is very misleading to the customer.
Pros
Potential to make great money in the right market
Cons
Everything else
Great pay at a cost.
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2018
There were days where there could be up to 3 clients needing installs, but there were also days where no installs were given out to certain people. As an installation technician, you are expected to sell products and get customers to purchase additional equipment. This was not fair to the customer or the installer as the installer was looked down upon for not selling to customers who did not want to purchase anything additional.
No training, sleazy sales tactics
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Two days training, and they throw you out on the street demanding you make a sale by the end of the week if you want to keep your job, The so called training is actually ongoing acting classes practicing door speeches,so that you can manipulate people with fear of the unknown. They flat out tell you to lie, and do whatever it takes to make the deal. It has a really high turnover for a reason, the reps who stay are either very young or very old and have no other options in life.
Direct sales Consulting Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
The management team needs a little work in the sales department but other than that it's ok. I was not communicated with well. I had issues getting in touch with my leaders.
Pros
I loved the freedom and my co workers
Cons
No base pay, management was not sufficient.
Not an ideal job for someone looking for steady pay
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2018
In the beginning the training was very laid back and not informative, it took place at my managers house which felt unprofessional and he spent a lot of time trying to motivate me learn upsale strategy rather than programming of the alarms themselves. When it came time to install on my own I had to make calls the first couple of appointments cause I wasn’t being shown/ trained properly. I got very comfortable knowing how to install the alarms properly and then my numbers with sales went up as I understand the product fully. My main reason for leaving is my paychecks have not been steady or accurate. Six days out the week my hours are all over the place and isn’t paying off.
Pros
Lots of free time, get to meet cool people
Cons
Never knowing when you work, unsteady pay

Want to know more about Safe Haven Security?

Ask a question
Not so safe
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 9, 2018
Door to do sales with one week of training and you know nothing about the product, and go. The training was useful but a joke because it taught you how to do your job but it didn’t teach you anything about what you were selling, so when customers ask a question and you can’t answer it, you look like the fool and no one wants to buy from a fool.
Cons
Training, expectations
Safe Haven Security
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 7, 2018
Good for a not normal 40 hour job hour schedule. You become a very good seller FAST because you have to be. Management could be a lot better (partly because company is growing so fast) don't have an HR department. If you got enough sales you could take more time off, flexible in that way.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Cut-Throat
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
I worked at Safe Haven Security as the Regional Director. I work specifically in the ADT Realtor Program. I worked with and build a referral relationship with 1000+ Realtors Nationwide. The Realtors refer their clients to me to receive exclusive discounts for ADT Home Security. I talk to them about the different plans, rates and the referral bonus for each client that signs up. I also handle their client activation and appointment scheduling. I handle all the marketing plans to get Realtor interest in working with me in efforts to better help their client with Home Security. I also create and give my Realtor Partners marketing material and marketing plans to build referrals.
Pros
Money
Cons
People
Bunch of.lies
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 25, 2017
Even their sales.pitch is a lie. Cannot trust anyone there. Manager only talks about himself. Just because you have a title of manager it does not.meam you can manage
Cons
Favoritism, selfish management, unethical business practices
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2017
Safe Haven Security is a terrible company to work for. Managers show favoritism from the top down, there is bullying daily, and HR turns a blind eye to what is happening.
Would not recommend working here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis ,USADecember 17, 2017
Would not recommend this job especially if you have a family because they stick you with an advance commission (draw base). Which is not explained very well in the interview process. Sales managers get paid VERY well but not sales reps..? Doesn't make much sense. It would take about 5 to 8 jobs just to cover your draw so your first and second checks are like 380 or 425 after taxes... NO ONE can live off of that! Hours are ridiculous. You come in for a pointless sales meeting go out early and find NO ONE until 530 or so. This company is stuck in the dinosaur era. I can understand door to door for alarm sales but there's other ways to sell it like digital marketing and etc. Other alarm company's do it. They are just stuck in their own ways. Not much grow with this company.(very political) monthly rates are way high for what customer actually gets. (There's other company's that do it for way cheaper and better technology. I liked the sales manager while I was there but always seemed like he was under A LOT of pressure wasnt a very healthy environment to work in. They say avg sales rep can make 65k a year... That's not realistic.. more like 35k a year if your lucky.
Pros
Cons
Sales rep pay is horrible (draw base), only door to door no other marketing strategy for sales(stuck in dinosaur stage)
Departments makes the difference
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2017
The company overall offers a great opportunity to make good money if you're into sales. The department I worked in was continually restructured until all the people I started with were gone.
Pros
great people
Cons
cut throat, all about the money
Great place to work if you want something part time or don't need to make a steady pay check
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2017
The company and people overall are pretty decent I did enjoy to work there when I was working but there was just not enough work for everybody and the jobs seem to be handpicked. jobs are supposed to go to the person with the highest numbers and in that order but my experience that wasn't the case. Seems like the peak season for this company is the end of January till about the end of June so it is busy at that time after that your checks are up and down there's no consistency and I just wasn't able to keep moving forward like that
Pros
Good pay when you're busy
Cons
Seems to be slow more than steady
New challenges
National Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2017
This was a growing experience for me. It has shown me what to truly look for when starting a new position. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I was able to meet and work with.
As a technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
As a technician you do install the systems and what was given by the rep, but you are more of a sales person. Your job requires you to upsell and have an average of $150 on Pinpoint and $450 on realtor. The reps will say anything to get the job and alot of the times they give everything away or the lie so much that when you get there they won't to cancel. Well at that point you have to save the job and then when they don't want to spend a 1000 for additional protection you are worthless. And if you upsale a lot one day and get nothing the next you are a failure. So it's a great job if you like upselling. And they like to go over selling them the tech stuff. Can't tell you how many times I had no idea what to do for troubleshooting.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being more of a sells person then a technician.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Haven Security. Our community is ready to answer.