SafeAuto Employee Reviews

Keep Looking
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2019
Any review giving this company better than 2 stars either posted it to the wrong company board or is a lie. Way over worked, getting paid well below industry standards. A few months ago had to give everyone raises to keep everyone from quitting. Ever changing performance standards that keeps getting more and more impossible to obtain.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Working here in any form
review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 9, 2019
I was able to speak to customers via phone and take payments via phone. I was able to arrange their policies to meet their expectations. It was a very stressful work environment at the time, but I do believe it has changed since I have worked there many years ago.
Loved working here
Fast Track Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2019
Love the company, love the employees, this was the best job! The pay was low, that is why I left, but, all in all a good company to work for. I would work for them again.
Pros
Lots of Employee activities
Cons
Big Workload
Great company with opportunities to advance
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Have been with Safe Auto for over 1 year. They pay for all training & provide all equipment to work from home. I am licensed & appointed for multiple carriers & 16 states. Pay is the only complaint I have. It is well above min wage with monthly bonus opportunities, however, more workload has been recently added with quoting/selling multiple carriers and also recreational lines, homeowners, renters, & service plans for vehicles but yet pay rate remains the same. No yearly raises either unless you are exceptional in 5 out of 5 yearly review categories which is truly hard to meet.......Work-Life balance isn't too great either. Long hours & although you get PTO it's extremely hard to take it when you want/need to. There are many blackout dates that cannot be requested off. Otherwise the best company I've ever worked for & I know I will be here for years to come!
Pros
Overtime (some mandatory) great management employee recognition
Cons
Terrible work-life balance & pay doesn't match workload
High Volume, High Stress Insurance Job
Insurance Adjuster/Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 14, 2019
Safe Auto is a Non-Standard Insurance company. Clientele can be combative and typically do not understand their product. High volume job that sort of rams you through training. I was informed I would be handling three states when I started. After 2 months on the floor I was handling 10 states.
Pros
Good benefits and friendly team members
Cons
High stress and long hours
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2018
Attacks on workers, want new young blood, pushing experienced adjusters out. Don’t want to say more....................................................
A company full of incompetency
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Their IT department has poor leadership at best and would rather outsource work then use the employee resources they have available to them. Unintelligent managers are scared and intimidated by new ideas and smart individuals.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed it. They treated.the employees good. Great benefits. Relaxed work environment. Very comfortable atmosphere to work in. Good time off. Paid holidays
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Stressful
Better organizational skills
Fast Track Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2018
I worked there for 15 years, there were ups and down just like any job, some good bad and indifferent. Need to be better organized and little potential to grow .
Good place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Recent management changes made SafeAuto drift away from original game plan.Everything is micromanaged and sporadic. It's like we are trying to be a one stop shop.
Pros
Remote work space.
Cons
Revision in pay plan. Cut commissions.
Can be a great place to work
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
If you like change and micro management this is the place. Plenty of overtime (some mandotory) They do have lots of activities for staff to participate in unless you are in Customer service (can not get time off of the phones to participate) Good benefits.
Horrible to work for
Blended Unit Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
You receive vacation days but aren't allowed a vacation. Safeauto pays very low wages and expects commitment to them 24/7 in total disregard of your family life. They want you to work thru your lunch while taking calls back to back you CAN NOT eat and help the customer at the same time, Truly research this company before starting here the WORST company I have EVER worked for.
Inconsistent and Unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2018
Be careful working for this company, they have a lot of system issues and will blame you for things going wrong to get you out of the door. I collected unemployment from this company for 2 years due to their proven mistakes in the company.
Loved working for safe auto insurance
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Company paid for lunch when you worked overtime. Company cookout. Worked from home 2 years. They recognized their employees monthly.
Low pay, high workload
Licensed Claims Adjuster- Generalist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I liked the people I worked with but I wasn't paid enough for the stuff I had to deal with. I left Safe Auto because it was sinking ship. There weren't enough employees to support the workload.
Western States Claim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2018
Fun place to work. The company has a great focus on career development. This allows for new hires to learn a lot in a short amount of time, and become licensed in numerous states.
Safe Auto was just alright to work for
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 5, 2018
Safe Auto had too much in-fighting within upper management. The four individuals that caused all of the issues are all gone now...fired by the new upper upper management. My time was enjoyable and rewarding just too much tension.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Inner strife and tension
If you like strees and grey hair go for it....
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 25, 2018
Clock in, Sell insurance, Fail to sell and loose your job. Sell Sell Sell... after you sell, expect to argue with customers who insist on trying to commit fraud and then want to call you every name in the book for not letting them.
Pros
the bathrooms were usually clean
Cons
most things
Claims Department
BI Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2018
The only good thing about working in the casualty department is the employees on your team. Otherwise, the work is stressful and there’s a lot of it, constantly. It’s also recently turned into a call center environment, so you are not only trying to work your new assignments, plus your diary, plus evaluations on incoming demand packages, you are expected to pick up the phone every single time it rings. If you cannot, the call moves to someone on your team. This workflow process is terrible because you can never finish a thought or complete something on a claim file in one shot. You’re either constantly taking messages for the people on your team, or trying to do their work on top of yours. The expectations set by management for this work process is both illogical and unrealistic. On top of the stress of not being able to keep up, pay is terrible. It really is lower than mist competitors, and they justify this by hiring mostly inexperienced college grads, (constant job postings for trainee classes). Also, they let go a ton of tenured folks, so now no one really knows how to handle super complex issues. Low paid college grads are fine for a time, but inexperience can and will likely lead to costly mistakes in the near future.
Pros
Near Easton, in-house cafeteria, can wear jeans everyday.
Cons
Extreme micro-managing, unrealistic goals
Good corporate location
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2018
Great corporate location and environment. Been a few years since I have been there but I enjoyed my time there, albeit about one year. Met some great co-workers there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SafeAuto. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight