SafeAuto Employee Reviews

High Volume, High Stress Insurance Job
Insurance Adjuster/Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 14, 2019
Safe Auto is a Non-Standard Insurance company. Clientele can be combative and typically do not understand their product. High volume job that sort of rams you through training. I was informed I would be handling three states when I started. After 2 months on the floor I was handling 10 states.
Pros
Good benefits and friendly team members
Cons
High stress and long hours
Loved working here
Fast Track Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2019
Love the company, love the employees, this was the best job! The pay was low, that is why I left, but, all in all a good company to work for. I would work for them again.
Pros
Lots of Employee activities
Cons
Big Workload
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed it. They treated.the employees good. Great benefits. Relaxed work environment. Very comfortable atmosphere to work in. Good time off. Paid holidays
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Stressful
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2018
Attacks on workers, want new young blood, pushing experienced adjusters out. Don’t want to say more....................................................
A company full of incompetency
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Their IT department has poor leadership at best and would rather outsource work then use the employee resources they have available to them. Unintelligent managers are scared and intimidated by new ideas and smart individuals.
Better organizational skills
Fast Track Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2018
I worked there for 15 years, there were ups and down just like any job, some good bad and indifferent. Need to be better organized and little potential to grow .
Can be a great place to work
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
If you like change and micro management this is the place. Plenty of overtime (some mandotory) They do have lots of activities for staff to participate in unless you are in Customer service (can not get time off of the phones to participate) Good benefits.
Good place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Recent management changes made SafeAuto drift away from original game plan.Everything is micromanaged and sporadic. It's like we are trying to be a one stop shop.
Pros
Remote work space.
Cons
Revision in pay plan. Cut commissions.
Inconsistent and Unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2018
Be careful working for this company, they have a lot of system issues and will blame you for things going wrong to get you out of the door. I collected unemployment from this company for 2 years due to their proven mistakes in the company.
Horrible to work for
Blended Unit Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
You receive vacation days but aren't allowed a vacation. Safeauto pays very low wages and expects commitment to them 24/7 in total disregard of your family life. They want you to work thru your lunch while taking calls back to back you CAN NOT eat and help the customer at the same time, Truly research this company before starting here the WORST company I have EVER worked for.
Low pay, high workload
Licensed Claims Adjuster- Generalist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I liked the people I worked with but I wasn't paid enough for the stuff I had to deal with. I left Safe Auto because it was sinking ship. There weren't enough employees to support the workload.
Loved working for safe auto insurance
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Company paid for lunch when you worked overtime. Company cookout. Worked from home 2 years. They recognized their employees monthly.
Western States Claim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2018
Fun place to work. The company has a great focus on career development. This allows for new hires to learn a lot in a short amount of time, and become licensed in numerous states.
Safe Auto was just alright to work for
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 5, 2018
Safe Auto had too much in-fighting within upper management. The four individuals that caused all of the issues are all gone now...fired by the new upper upper management. My time was enjoyable and rewarding just too much tension.
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
Inner strife and tension
If you like strees and grey hair go for it....
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 25, 2018
Clock in, Sell insurance, Fail to sell and loose your job. Sell Sell Sell... after you sell, expect to argue with customers who insist on trying to commit fraud and then want to call you every name in the book for not letting them.
Pros
the bathrooms were usually clean
Cons
most things
Excellant learning experince
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COApril 17, 2018
I became a licensed insurance agent in five states. I dealt with claims, coverage calls. I had an excellent boss that always made us feel appreciated.
Good corporate location
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2018
Great corporate location and environment. Been a few years since I have been there but I enjoyed my time there, albeit about one year. Met some great co-workers there.
Claims Department
BI Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2018
The only good thing about working in the casualty department is the employees on your team. Otherwise, the work is stressful and there’s a lot of it, constantly. It’s also recently turned into a call center environment, so you are not only trying to work your new assignments, plus your diary, plus evaluations on incoming demand packages, you are expected to pick up the phone every single time it rings. If you cannot, the call moves to someone on your team. This workflow process is terrible because you can never finish a thought or complete something on a claim file in one shot. You’re either constantly taking messages for the people on your team, or trying to do their work on top of yours. The expectations set by management for this work process is both illogical and unrealistic. On top of the stress of not being able to keep up, pay is terrible. It really is lower than mist competitors, and they justify this by hiring mostly inexperienced college grads, (constant job postings for trainee classes). Also, they let go a ton of tenured folks, so now no one really knows how to handle super complex issues. Low paid college grads are fine for a time, but inexperience can and will likely lead to costly mistakes in the near future.
Pros
Near Easton, in-house cafeteria, can wear jeans everyday.
Cons
Extreme micro-managing, unrealistic goals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2018
I was inspired to work and do a great job because the environment was inviting and warm. I inspired to do a great job because I was recognized for my work performance and attendance
Pros
A place to grow and become successful
Cons
The hours
Amazing workplace with great support.
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2018
I love working for this company. The management is great! I genuinely feel like if my workload becomes to much or I have a hard question I can easily go to a manager and have assistance. This is also a great company to advance your career. I have actively been involved with my manager on my goals inside the company and they have put me in positions to where I have received a few promotions in under a year. This is a company I wake up excited to work for. The only negative is sometimes customers yell but you get that any job dealing with customers.
Pros
Incentives, advancement, pay, paid time off
Cons
Phone ques

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SafeAuto. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight