Safeguard Properties Employee Reviews

Production driven environment with good people
Bids Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2019
This is a highly production driven place that is in the middle of transitioning to large scale automation in order to cut costs. This means that if you are meeting your production and accuracy goals you will be last on the list to be let go when the automation roll out has finished. The management team is good I have never had an issue with my leadership team that we were unable to resolve through communication. The work from home option was a perfect fit for my life situation at the time. The hardest part of the job is balancing production and accuracy as you research the work to be done. There is not much done at this office as far as employee appreciation events go but you are not just treated like a robot either. Due to cut backs in this office there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
You get to pick your schedule, work from home package
Cons
healthcare package is sub par, going through cut backs, not a lot of advancement opportunities
Good property management
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 11, 2019
I liked working in a no hassle environment. Quick paced with no stress also enjoyed learning more about house and the type maintenance done to keep them up to part
Freedom!!!
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Stanislaus County, CASeptember 5, 2019
i started working for Safeguard, through a contractor, in April of 2018. Yes, NO BENEFITS, NO SALARY, however... I have FREEDOM, and that's the most important to me. I login to safeguard inspect website, export all my inspections to excel, and route them on optimoroute,and then I go out and do my work. Yes, sometimes there are confrontations that were difficult to get through that first month or 4, but ultimately it is a piece of cake to self-schedule and take care of what needs to be done. Pay is weekly (after 1 full month), and they have never flaked on me (like others have done)
Pros
Freedom to work from home
Cons
Can take some getting use to the 1% (confrontations)
Avoid this company!!
Property Preservation Vendor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 16, 2019
Do not become a vendor for this company. It is disheartening that though they give you videos, there is not much support past that. During the training, my rep would give me conflicting info from what was required causing us to go back to the same property multiple times for basic things. You spend more gas than what you are paid, then when you have completed the project, you have to fight to be paid what they said they would pay. After 2 months of discontinuing being a vendor, I am dealing with a charge back from a property i was told directly to not worry about by my rep!! The charge back is not only more than what it would have cost to fix(the skirting was laying on the ground and needed 2 screws), but more than I even made to go! I lost money just going to the property. This company is full of rude people who clearly are not happy with what they do, uneducated personnel who are not familiar with their own processes to be able to accurately assist vendors, and crooks. In the beginning, I was excited to onboard with this company, yet found out really quickly it was a bad decision.
not a good place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Florida/AlabamaAugust 9, 2019
do not work for these people they will cheat u and will favor other contractors. they call and complain but if u have an issue with them there is no one to talk too
Summary
Client Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHAugust 7, 2019
Safeguard is a good place to work if you have no ambition and are okay with just getting a pay check. There is no real promotion. The same people in management are shuffled around. Work is piled on you with little to no training and there is no encouragement for your bosses. But, if you enjoy the ever looming threat of termination or lay off, Safeguard is the place to be.
Pros
The pay is not bad if you negotiate when hired.
Cons
There is no real care or concern for employees
Worst place I ever worked
Supervisor East Coast (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2019
Management was a joke. No job training. Best thing I did was to leave after 3 months. Travel was constant, usually 6 days per week. I would not get involved with this company on any level.
It's a job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHAugust 2, 2019
The environment has changed dramatically over the years and not for the good. Safeguard is lacking direction, knowledgeable leadership, approachable management and basic courtesy to each other. All of which have created bad morale and in some cases a hostile work environment . Its sad.
Security was always questionable
Accounting Specialist/ Utilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 26, 2019
Safeguard was a wonderful culture for employees, lots of friendly employees, but the employment security has not been the strong point. They conducted multiple downsizing yearly, only to rehire new employees shortly thereafter.
Ok company
VPR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 22, 2019
Great for students coming out of high school. Pay is twice a month not too much room for overtime. Over worked under trained. Work from home advantage with all equipment provided minus Wifi.
Run don't walk
Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 19, 2019
Safeguard talks a big game. They want to support and respect you. Yeah okay. Until your Rep at Safeguard gives you bad directives in the field and they cut you lose for their own screw ups. Not to mention they are cheapskates.
Terrible management
Code Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 13, 2019
There is not much to say other then management was terrible!!! I'm very happy I was able to resign instead of coming to work everyday and coming home stressed out!!!! They change the rules as you go. Very stressful work environment.
I worked with the company for about 6 years and never complain for anything.
Property Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2019
I love changes in a company and that is what happen at Safeguard, changes happened when a company is growing or for the best of the company and employees.
Productive place to work
Conveyance Specialist (F/T) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2019
Fast paced environment with many objectives. Processes can be more streamlined to help meet the end goal and serve the customer in the best possible way.
Run
Inspection Resolution Specialists (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 9, 2019
If you like continuous change and chaos on a daily basis to the point at the end of the day you feel like you have had a lobotomy. Working where management is clueless do to the constant ever changing staff, which forces different job descriptions on their employees, with no notice. Little or no training to their employees impeling micro management to attempt to control the work flow direction. Coupled with critique for trying to do your job the best you can with inadequate instructions. No admiration for how diligent you are, because hard work goes unnoticed. Along with a good dose of negativity....then this is the place for you.

Job culture - interacting with a diverse population on a daily basis is great!

Otherwise....run as fast and far as you can and seek employment elsewhere.
Safeguard Vendors get screwed constantly
Vendor (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 9, 2019
As a grass vendor for 4 years for safeguard this will be my last year. The pay is enough to cover gas to the properties the multiple times they want you to return for additional pictures that the obviously incompetent desk jockeys can’t comprehend because they don’t know what they’re looking at. I have had ten vendor account managers in four years and the current one is no smarter than a 12 year old. He says one thing on a call then emails something different. Apparently they only want low end vendors that do horrible work for horrible pay. Don’t waste your time contracting for them. They will steal what they owe you repeatedly then try to justify it when you dispute it.
My Local Location Closed
Vacant Property Registration (Former Employee) –  Mentor. OhioJuly 6, 2019
Home office in Valley View, Ohio has a workout room, onsite massage spa and onsite cafe'. Office environment with cubicles. All phone and email work. Many different departments to work with at different pay levels based on your role with the company. Had they not closed my local location I would have stayed at Safeguard Properties for the rest of my working career. Sadly, while the the pay was good for a local commute, the salary was not worth the work and a 45 minute drive each way in Northeast Ohio.
Vendors beware! They will scam you!
Vendor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2019
Working for safeguard and their multi-billion dollar clients for change on the dollar. They used to pay $75 a cube, now their clients pay $50, and safeguard pays you less than $25, even then you have to fight tooth and claw for that money. You can haul out 100 cyds of debris from a job and they will only pay you for 60 because my photos dont support it. Well ITS A GOD &^%$ PHOTO! Do they really think im hauling trash from home? My dump fees in SF are more than they pay to remove that junk. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!
Pros
What pros? Its a joke!
Cons
Everything and anything, They do not care about you period.
Was good until it wasn't
Client Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 22, 2019
The first year I worked at Safeguard was excellent and I had great managers. The pay and benefits and vacation time were all very fair. Overtime was available but never mandatory. Suddenly after a string of layoffs I was forcibly moved to a new department. This department was disorganized and many of my new duties went untrained because the people who know how to do them were laid off.

My new managers were unreasonable and worker morale continuously lowered as more and more layoffs occurred.

I talked to a coworker who had been with the company over 5 years and they told me that this song and dance of massive layoffs happens every few years. That lowered morale more.

I got to know someone who always had inside information. They always knew who was on the chopping block for the next set of layoffs. This person told me that I was likely to be laid off in the next few waves. They were correct.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, good cafeteria food
Cons
Extremely low job security, little room for advancement
Good side job but doesn't pay enough for island living
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix, VIJune 21, 2019
It is a good company to work for. The field inspection job is great because it allows for a lot of flexibility in hours you want to work. No benefits as a sub contractor.