Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,450 reviews matching the search See all 1,454 reviews
Technicians are treated horribly.
Certified Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 11, 2019
Typical day of work - Given 6-10 replacements a day even though it take 2 hours to replace one. If you complain about having too many jobs, management will tell you to call and lie to some people. Management will ask you to tell them that their windshield didn't arrive or arrived damaged. This lie and deceit culture is throughout safelite. I worked for safelite for over three years and replaced over 3000 windshields, but I never received a single raise. They actually decreased my pay when they introduced a new incentive bonus program. They put such a high value on your time per customer, that you would lose your bonus completely if that was too high. This program meant that most days I spent time working while clocked out, otherwise I would actually be losing money.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible bonus program
Opportunity
Claims Adjuster Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 13, 2019
So far- so good. The training, for the claims adjuster trainee position, is thorough and the teacher - for the first week, was engaging and delivered difficult material, in an understandable way. Everyone I've interacted with has been plesent. The position is relatively new, which is promising for future advancement and opportunity. Any career/job is what you make of the opportunity you've been afforded. The benefits/pto/pay are solid. The chance to increase your pay, by advancing your licensing, puts your pay firmly in your court: do the work - make more money. Looking forward to the journey at Safelite.
Pros
benefits/pto/ownership of your pay
Cons
Safelite is a good place to work, just have some serious issue to resolve.
Globally Licensed Claims Adjsuter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2018
During my tenure at Safelite I was able work my way up from a starting salary of $12.50 an hour to currently $17.65 an hour. This was achievable through several test that were optional to employees to gain pay increases, of which I made use of all that was available to me. The most significant being the opportunity to obtain licensing for claims adjuster position. During my tenure at Safelite, I also returned to school to complete my Bachelor's Degree. I am seeking a job commensurate with my qualification, which includes holding a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Franklin University and valid claims adjuster licenses, which qualifies me as a Globally Licensed Claims Adjuster.
Pros
Safelite fully covered cost for my licensing.
Cons
No opportunity for upward mobility.
It was fun while it lasted
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Safelite I was payed a livable wage weekly they gave me everything I needed to get the job done and more! And the provided training, Benefits were awesome includes some pretty sweet discounts on some major companies. Overall great company I only got let go because the manager didn't like me for some reason and told me that it was "at will employment" and the hiring process was a mess, very disappointing.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, tools and company vehicle included
Cons
Competitive, weather can halt work, hiring process was a mess
Phoenix, AZ
Prior employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
They will work with you if you give enough notice and put in work when there. They look to give opportunities for growth and development.

Starting pay may not be what others want but there are other benefits to working there.

The company is very involved in the community, but are very business minded financially.

The benefits are awesome with many to choose from. 401k, and depending on the role working and city state and office you might get them to work with you on desired times.
Pros
They hire military, benefits, they will work with your hours if you work hard and put in effot for them
Cons
Like other companies
Overall a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AzSeptember 14, 2018
I am currently a part time worker. For people looking for a set schedule Safelite is a very good, and reliable job. Starting pay is decent, and they do start you off as part time, working only 25 hours a week, but as long as you are meeting call standards there is chances for raises, and for you to apply for a full time schedule. Call volume is extremely high so there is never any room for down time.
Pros
Constant room for growth
Cons
They are open every day of the year so there is a chance you may need to work holidays
Best job I have ever had
Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2018
*Fair workload around 8am to 5pm. The busiest season is summer, glass breaks easier. Can be slower in the colder season.
*Safelite cares about their customers, and the managers want the team to be successful.
*We get to build our culture, what you put in is what you get out. Some are here for just a paycheck but many want to grow and care.
*If you are a car-nut it is great, every vehicle, every customer is different, and there is a lot to learn.
*Nice benefits, Van to drive, Great training, Working on my own and support if needed.
*Fun team that supports and helps each out if we have a tough day.
*Managers that care about me.
Pros
Cons
Alot to learn and it takes time
GREAT place to work!
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2018
If I didn't have transportation issues, I would still be working here. Management was extremely understanding, and they will actually try to work with you. I love the culture here OSU all day!. Their goal was to give people a job and if you see them as a career, there is advancement out the wazoo!, but at the same time, there are a lot of people who to school who work there and they are very understanding of that. Flexible schedule schedules and all of that. They challenge you to be the best you that you can be. This company is only for the elite of types of people, who choose to be the best them. If you are just playing with life, this job is not for you!. Wonderful place to work!
Pros
Management, Work/life balance, advancement, well balanced breaks, leniency
Just not a good place to work for if your stats are down they treat you horrible they make you feel dumb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 14, 2018
I had the most worst experience working there my job coach was horrible all she cared about was herself didn't explain things very well was very rude the main manager was very rude and immature this is a great place if you're desperate their windshields are way overpriced it's hard to sell a $500 windshield to somebody that has no money they get upset with you if you don't meet your stats it's just a very uncomfortable place to work at I came into work with anxiety everyday
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks horrible management
I always said I have the best job, going out and building new and maintaining existing relationships to sell the company
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAAugust 21, 2018
I was given the tools to develop my own schedule to grow the business. I have built some amazing relationships with the ability of going out to sell the benefits of Safelite vs the competition. But with the job came some challenges, being a trusted adviser in the industry I was called upon to help with questions or issues. The greatest reward from it was giving that Customer Delight at the end of the day. Being trusted is the greatest reward.
Pros
Explained above
Cons
Explained above
Somewhat okay job. Highly stressful
Glass Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2018
This job has you deal with stupid people that want the world for 200$
No matter what you do sometimes, you will get a warranty and it WILL effect your pay dramatically.
Pros
decent starting pay and benefits
Cons
poor management and warranty setup for technicians
Part time job
Installer (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 9, 2019
Poor scheduling of jobs. Management out of touch with their staff. Didn't meet a single employee who was happy with their career at company. Basically a part time job with benefits.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
no trust, rather cut corners
Autoglass tech (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 1, 2018
Mainly management was the problem they would get a sense of entitlement and if you asked questions they’d get mad and raise there voice at you which was the reason I left most of the techs are really good to work with and if you needed help they would try and help the best they could
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Management yells and treats you as a lesser person
It's all smoke and mirrors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 1, 2018
Management has hidden agendas. They allow unqualified and disruptive employees to continue employment. There is no communication from management to the employees who do the actual work. When communication breaks down, senior leaders make sure to put blame somewhere. One minute you're praised for a good job and the next you could find yourself on the way out of a job.
Pros
You might make a good friend
Cons
There is no real job security here unless you drink the 'koolaid'
Hard work- good pay
Autoglass tech (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 10, 2018
Lots of hard work but bonus program makes it worthwhile. Local Manager very good, market level management inexperienced. Lots of turnover likely due to inconsistent training from market level trainers.
Pros
Good benefits & pay
Cons
Inadequate training for new techs
Productive and fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work if your looking for nice pay flexible hours and a nice customer environment this is a place I would recommend . But not enough opportunity for growth to move up in the company. There's a lot of favoritism. when it comes down to getting a supervisor on a escalated call I would not hold my breath. They respond to very minimum calls unless its just non-controllable.
Pros
free lunches and snacks to keep up motivation great benefits
Cons
breaks are to short. not enough time between calls to collect yourself for the next call.
Wow and Not in a Good Way
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 9, 2018
Welcome to the company that will not grant you 2 days off in a row because clearly, Safelite is more important than spending time with your family. Was told during my horrid fast-paced training with an immature employee that even though I didn't sign up to work for every holiday, I'd most likely get drafted to work it anyway. Breaks were short, management was unhelpful and a few of them actually rolled their eyes when I had questions about my job. Most people don't make it past training in this company and there's a reason for it. Trying to get vacation time granted was like pulling teeth. The only reason people advance quickly in this company is because people quit, and almost on the daily at that. So of course you'll be granted a promotion because there's nobody else who wants to stay long enough to endure the conditions just for a pay raise.
Felt I stayed too long
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
I felt I stayed too long, because they burn out their employees and offer really low pay and ever changing commissions. Call monitors with Job Coaches. ONLY benefit was that I was chosen to pilot a work at home project that never rolled out. Disappointed with overall experience and probably would NOT recommend it to anyone unless you just can't find anything else. Permanent hiring sign in yard, seen off I270. Telling. They really should have a Union to support their employees and improve salary/ benefits.
Pros
I got to work from home and was a part of a pilot for work at home that they never rolled out.
Cons
Pay was low and raises were also very low.
High school like working environment
Warehouse deliver driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 29, 2018
While the compensation and benefits are great, safelite has a very poor working environment. There is little to no communication and people that work there are very talkative about one another and your personal information will be spread among your colleagues
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours
Cons
Very poor working environment
no available benefits for part time employees expected to work full time hours
WAREHOUSE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
no available benefits for part time employees expected to work full time hours. hours constantly changing as well as job "titles" that were not fully trained to each employee. No consistant scheduling due to the constant shift of warehouse responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Safelite Group.

Powered by Comparably