Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,216 reviews matching the search See all 1,220 reviews
Window Installer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Safelite. They taught you everything you needed to know. The only complaint is they expect you to be a lifer glass installer and I had other plans and it did not seem to correlate with their agenda.
Long weeks
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NCNovember 14, 2018
Very challenging, but with good benefits, management is ok, break time is decent. it's a great opportunity to get in the car industry, and the time various from different hours
no available benefits for part time employees expected to work full time hours
WAREHOUSE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
no available benefits for part time employees expected to work full time hours. hours constantly changing as well as job "titles" that were not fully trained to each employee. No consistant scheduling due to the constant shift of warehouse responsibilities.
Company is great some departments no so much
Executive Services/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2018
Sales department is unknowledgable and poorly trained. Customer Care department does not communicate well with sales department or referral department.
They throw you out to the sharks. its sink or swim.
Customer Advocate/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 13, 2018
you will get very poor training because this company needs people fast. people are constantly quitting from unrealistic expectations from management( who i might add, NEVER WORKED A DAY AS GLASS TECH). for the most part you are on your own to figure out their very complicated systems and you have to learn quick. i was not a glass tech, i managed them most of the years due to the fact that the company could never keep a manager there. also this is a business where you deal with people who are having a bad day every single day. beware that the fact that you have no training or help will end up being a huge issue to assist these upset customers. (yet the thing they emphasize most is customer service?) Which will then result in more upset customers. they need help and need to realize the people who work hard for them and promote from within.
Safelite- Toxic culture.
CLAIMS ADJUSTER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHNovember 13, 2018
Safelite as a company is typically a great place to work for. The issue is the "secret" USAA Third Party department. The leadership is extremely toxic, the work itself is unfulfilling, and job title is extremely misleading.

Taking this position you'd assume that you'd be working as a claims adjuster, when in reality you solely work in FNOL; and unlike upstairs Safelite and USAA put such harsh restrictions on what you can and can't do, the job becomes stressful. You cannot eat, you cannot use the bathroom outside of allocated break times, you may not talk, you are not allowed to bring any personal items into the work environment. If you are caught with said personal items you are immediately put on a final notice for 6 months. Working full time you gain access to 12 days of PTO after 90 days, and benefits. The benefits are costly and most of the benefits offered outside the Gold tier are not worth the pay deductions.

For the work you do, the salary is low. The company requires that you become globally Licensed to adjust claims, most companies require Texas and start you on average at about 40K a year, Safelite will start you at $14.50 an hour. There is also no potential for advancement, the other positions that do open up, you truly never have the ability to apply. They almost always handpick someone for the position.

Finally, the last nail in the coffin is the cleanliness: The office is infested with fleas and bedbugs. While working there I changed clothes before going home, covered myself in rubbing alcohol, and covered my work station in bed bug poison. Instead of
  more... resolving the issue, the company denied the existence of the problem, and anyone that ended up with bites or getting them at home was either sent home or terminated.

My recommendation is to avoid working here unless you're desperate for a weekly paycheck.
Pros
Pto, Weekly paychecks.
Cons
Management, toxic culture, bed bugs.
decades of experience
installer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
Have 20 years experience started here moved around in the industry and this place with the time consuming tools and equipment the work load and expect you to work outside when it's 22 degrees out and expect perfection from it ,is a big joke the pay program is a failure and they hire at 17 an hour when you install on your own when a 20 year tech makes 2 dollars more number driven but if there is a Corvette they send you out and rearrange the 2 year installers run so you get it done do not work there cause they waive the dollar in your face it's like the commercial with the guy with the dollar bill on the fishing rod and the lady tries to get it.
Pros
van take home
Cons
everything else
okay place to work
Warehouse Associate & Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2018
a day in warehouse picking and pulling windshields for the customers and techs. loading and unloading trucks for shipments. was a okay place to work for something on the side
Very toxic.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2018
In the Tampa market the if one is more educated than the one above him they try to move to a place that is impossible for you to move to. It is run like a mob; you must be nasty and willing to have inappropriate relationships to move up. They have fired people who have been caught drinking on the job and failed drug test, just to rehire again because these people are friends with upper management. over load you with work and expect you to work from 7 am to midnight if it takes you that long to finish. They expect managers to lie to customers.
Pros
no pros all cons
Cons
toxic
Great for the 16-18 year old demographic... not so much for the experienced workforce
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New MexicoNovember 6, 2018
Upon hire, I was sure to be thorough in asking about things like training pay rate and PTO accrual . Information was misrepresented (the starting rate is $11 an hour with potential to earn $12 per hour if logged into phone a certain amount of time.Training rate was stated to be at $12 an hour but they neglected to mention that you would not see the additional dollar per hour until a 2 week delay went through). Regarding PTO, mentioned I would accrue PTO immediately upon my October start date but not be able to use for 6 months. Neglected to mention that PTO does not rollover thus accrued PTO disappears come Jan 1. I felt this more to be an oversight rather than with malicious intent. The training staff was excellent and did the best they could with the poor materials (wrought with spelling and grammatical errors, with no attention put towards different learning styles) and time frame given to turn around a training class. Having had over a decade of experience in the contact center industry, I was not particularly challenged by this, but could see the struggle in some of my peers who had not worked in this type of environment.

The company encourages feedback, but turns out it is not anonymous. When submitting, in good spirit, some relevant feedback I was pulled to meet with upper management in which I felt party to a more adversarial conversation than I would like. During this interaction, I also expressed my interest in a training position (although new to the company, my resume includes formal instructor certification from a top ten Fortune 500 company coupling with my
  more... longtime experience in the industry) to which the reply was "that's not my department but typically we hold firm to not promoting unless serving in your current role for 6 months." That is all well and good. and had I been turned down solely based upon tenure, I would have accepted the response and worked diligently to prove myself. Instead, although "not his department", this particular manager took it upon himself to send an email to the training staff (who encouraged me to apply to begin with based on my experience) sternly dissuading them from considering my application.

I had sincerely hoped to avoid such politics so soon into my employment as my intentions were to lend my talent and expertise towards making Safelite an employer of choice. I now feel I will have to work that much harder to overcome the adversity just to advance within this company. I would highly recommend this job for the 16 year olds they hire, but for the consummate professional, don't accept anything less than a street to seat hire for management or otherwise.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Politics
great work culture
Customer Service First Notice of Loss (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2018
My work day has always been easy going. I always had a lot of support. The management at Safelite was amazing. The workplace culture was calm and easy going,
Pros
great environment
Cons
unpaid restroom breaks
Very unorganized and do not keep their word.
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 3, 2018
Very unorganized and do not keep their word. They say one thing and do not work with you as they said they would when hiring. When help is needed it is not any where to be found.
Typical work day
Technician Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 3, 2018
A typical work day is me arriving to work and checking how many appointments are scheduled for the day. We then call each appointment to assure they are still on schedule. When the car arrives, we will do the repair up to Safelite standards and send the customer on their way.
Fine place to work, with little advancement opportunity
Lead Technician/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MINovember 1, 2018
This job is great for any fit person who is mechanically inclined and can function in a very fast paced and high stress environment. The earning potential is very good considering the company does not carry stiff requirements (I.E. Prior experience or high education levels). There is extremely limited potential/ability to move up.
Pros
Much higher than average earning potential for "entry-level"
Cons
Almost no room for growth/advancement
Technicians are the driving force behind the organization.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2018
Take care of your technicians. Managers are to cater to the needs of the technicians. It is all about hitting your numbers and metrics. Quality is important, but it is more important to get the jobs done no matter what.
fun calendar every month
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 1, 2018
hours were there to have if you wanted them especially for part-time employees. monthly fun calendars included bake sales, pop corn days and
dress down days. if you worked on days that were anticipated to be heavy call days, pizza was usually provided for lunch.
Pros
good health care for full-time employees.
Cons
the work is very monotonous and repetitive.
High Pace, Very productive
Glass Technician-Installer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 30, 2018
Receive daily customer list, call customers to confirm appt., drive to customer location, access and inspect the vehicle for damages, install/repair automotive glass, interact with customers, clean work area
Not a good place work! Don't care about the employees, revolving door policy.
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 29, 2018
Expect quick training with certification and then being thrown to the wolves. Expect long hours and poor pay. Safelite misleads employees in every aspect of the job. Full bonuses are almost impossible to achieve and they are meant to be that way. On paper, the bonus program would seem very obtainable, but in reality, there are so many metrics involved, if you fail in any one area, don't expect a bonus as part of your monthly pay.

One metric is units a day, you must hit this number regularly as part of your bonus, not usually a problem because they will give you so many jobs a day that it is near impossible to get them done without taking shortcuts that will ultimately affect another metric you are gauged by. Safelite will grind you up and spit you out.

Safelite has continually gotten worse over the years. Technicians with years and even decades of experience are leaving in mass exodus because of the more work, less pay policy. You will see one of the top auto glass companies take a downward spiral in customer service and quality of work because of the revolving door company Safelite has allowed itself to become.

If you are considering the auto glass industry, I would recommend going with a well established local comapany that has decades of experience you can draw from and learn your trade properly. Safelute does not have your best interest at heart. It's about how much work they can get out of you and not properly compensating you for it. Once you've had enough, they will gladly show you the door and dump your workload on the next unsuspecting rookie.

more...

S

Sa
Pros
High school like working environment
Warehouse deliver driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 29, 2018
While the compensation and benefits are great, safelite has a very poor working environment. There is little to no communication and people that work there are very talkative about one another and your personal information will be spread among your colleagues
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours
Cons
Very poor working environment
Typicdal day at work
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 25, 2018
Constant calls back to back. It is mostly sales calls. You take insurance and commercial as well. It often pretty busy. You have to hit certain targets to get commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Safelite Group.

Powered by Comparably