Safelite AutoGlass

United States2,616 reviews

Found 2,616 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,623 reviews
glasswindshieldautoglasswiperautotechnicianclaimcoach

Featured review

Safelite AutoGlass selected this as a representative review
Safelite is a good place to work with competitive pay. They are family friendly. Bonuses are nice. If you want to succeed, they will help you. Company vehicle and all.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Outdoor work

Official response from Safelite AutoGlass

May 26, 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we're glad it was a positive experience for you! While we're sad to see you're no longer here, we hope you'll stay in touch.

Co workers keep you motivated

Job has potienal but mangers are undermining. If you aren't willing to kiss a-- you want advance. Mangers are put in postions because they are yes men for the company. Never in my life saw a company with no structure and so behind on technology. They are still using IBM AS 400 system from the mid 80's.

Safelite AutoGlass insights

Based on 1,843 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great staff

Great co workers. Horrible management. Managers are lazy and inexperienced. No opportunity to advance within then company. Pay is fair. Hours and workloads are decent.

Terrible workplace thats midmanged from the top down

I wouldn’t suggest anyone taking the technician role or any role but if some reason that you do, don’t stick with this company its not worth it for the long term

Favorite job !!

This is the most positive place I’ve ever worked and truly was my favorite job. I made the mistake of taking a position at another company based on pay an boy do I regret it.

Bad company

This company changes your pay every 2 years and when you're not making as much as you were they do not care, they continue to take from their employees and overwork everyone there.

Pros

Learn a trade

Cons

Work/home life, pay, being treated like a dog.

Stressful

Not allowed to clock out for the lunches, make you clock out in the company’s vehicle after your last job driving back to the shop in Greenville. Most of the time it’s 2 or 3 hours not getting paid in a company vehicle. The route is always all over the place. Not organized. Management doesn’t care about employees. Have to reschedule jobs due to complacent management. Management gossips about employees personal life.

Benefits

Cons

Management and unorganized planning for success

What is the best part of working at the company?Job Couches are AWESOME .I didn't think I would love my job. Pay could be more and eventually I will get there. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not at allWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very diversified and enjoyable. We work hard and play hard.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy going. Always having work to do.

Ok

Only filling this out to see reviews but benifits are decent been through several managers since i started. Great pay but when work slows down hours get cut something serious.

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay and schedule is the only upside to the company What is the most stressful part about working at the company?You receive little to no training. Your direct supervisor offers no support, only directs you to get the help you need from others. You will be constantly yelled at by angry customers. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very stressful and negative atmosphere. The technicians dont like their job and your direct supervisor offers nothing positive to say only criticism towards what you do. IT IS A VERY DEMANDING AND STRESSFUL JOBWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?You are required to work long days minimum of 10 hours, your always on call on your day off. They expect you to give out your personal cell # to angry customers for communicating. There is always a negative work environment each day.

good job

very easy job, worked as a CSR, some customers where a handful but it was kind of rare you would usually speak to very nice customers. team leads were very helpful everyone there was nice, huge break rooms with many snacks to choose from.

Horrible Company!!

Zero appreciation for technicians! Pay cuts, write ups for things you can not control. Expected to complete 12-14 hrs worth of work in 8 hours. Good pay only because you work a lot! Zero work life balance!

Good job, but culture needs work

I loved my job, till they changed the metrics. It’s not the first time they did this, but this time they went too far. The whole purpose of a company is to make a profit, but when your forced to sell over priced wiper blades, especially to people who don’t want/can’t afford them, is the straw that broke the camels back. When they want more and want to pay less and don’t understand the time needed to do the job right, as the process has and is going to keep evolving, as the cars keep evolving. The benefits they offer are very good, and they will train you. The job was never an issue, it’s was those who made policies that are now rolled back because they realize they made a mistake.

Not a bad place to work

Not a bad job. Pays well and if you like to be outdoors and like to travel around this is the job for you. Manager don’t know what they are doing and too much favoritism.

Solid foundational culture and systems integration, but still working on team development

What started as normal team with job coach, now has seen it shaken up for the 3rd time. I guess on cruise control until the spring? I guess we'll find out!

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Management shake ups

Do not recommend

These people don’t care about work/life balance. It’s quantity over quality. Make sure you have a change of clothes because getting to the bathroom in time doesn’t happen.

Pros

Cons

Worst employer ever

No True communication and balance

You can lose your job without any formal coaching. They say they care and it feels that way at first then behind your back you have to be very careful due to plotting by upper lvl mgt.

Pros

pay

Cons

not for outsiders. If you didn't grow up with Safelite you won't last due to culture

It’s great job if you’re in college

Great benefits, great job coaches, the job is internal. Started on the phone fairly easy to make your merits. Then moved to webchat which is happily easier than taking phones! Only difference is the customer is already upset. They give you tools to succeed.

Great place to work!

Safelite is a great place to work! Management is very supportive and you can get help with anything that you need help with. Fair pay for an entry-level job.

Very nice people

Very nice people to work for and would probably work for them again if given the chance. But there are also some obvious flaws in Safelite hiring and training process.

Great insurance

Theres not a lot of bad to say. They’re very interested in seeing you succeed. Very willing to go above an beyond in training.,like every job there’s good and bad management

Cons

Bias

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite AutoGlass. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Safelite AutoGlass.
Powered byComparably

Compare Safelite AutoGlass with

Safelite AutoGlass reviews by popular job title

• Safelite AutoGlass