Play YouTube video button

Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,516 reviews matching the search See all 1,520 reviews
Featured review
Safelite Group selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 14, 2019
Culture is changing for the better. There is clearer focus on associates.

Management has become more involved in the day to day.

Associates are hard working and happy to help!
Stressful and one sided.. long hours no reward....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2019
Upper management only worries about themselves they are bias and disrespectful. They sweep issues and problems under the rug. And in some cases they will violate the law. They will not do the right thing. It's all about the $ to them upper management. UPPER MANAGEMENT CAN'T BE TRUST.
Good job with benefits
Mobile Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2019
A Great job if you wanted to work overtime every week and have no life at home, this job provided money for my family but i could not ever enjoy the family time due to long routes and work days.
Pros
traveling/tips
Cons
long days, lots of hard work
It is nice to get on the ground floor of a company learning call center work
Customer Service/Special Services Desk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 17, 2019
I thought the job was great. I met a lot of really nice people and because I was on Special Services our group took care of box truck windshields. 18 Wheeler's, Super16, Super 18, Belly dumps and double belly trucks. I learned a lot in that job and I was grateful that I had to opportunity to learn as much as could regarding dispatch.
Pros
Nice place to get your feet wet
Cons
very young mangers with little to know experience
Stressful
Certified technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2019
Bosses are great feels like a big family in the shop. Great training class before put out on own. Kinda dropped the ball after class was completed lack of hand held training.
Pros
Bosses have your back if your honest and upfront. And do your job correctly
Cons
No work/family balance
March 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear of your positive experiences with your leaders and with the class training. Regarding the continued training for the hand-held devices, we encourage you to speak with your leader, your People Business Partner, or call the People Direct Help Line. Your feedback is so important and will lead to positive changes for other new associates. You are appreciated.

Working at Safelite was very depressing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 15, 2019
I found the moral ethics of the company to be trivial. It seems almost every customer who called in was frustrated with the insurance process. It may just be the fact that I am not on board with our insurance system and how unethical the average monthly rate for insurance is. This job made it very evident to me that most insurance companies are scandalous money making facilities.
Pros
good selection of snacks in break room
Cons
caused a lot of stress and dread. Not nearly enough breaks for the hours worked
Telephone Service Rep. with little freedom either on the phone or off it
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2019
Safelite is a growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement. However, the daily work environment is stressful. You are always on the phone and breaks, even bathroom breaks, are limited. They have very specific scripting they require you to use. Even a small deviation can result in disciplinary action.
You can learn a lot because they are a growing company so they are adding services all the time. However, again, if you don't do things just right you can be punished
Management at Safelite is all over the place. Some managers are good others are not. Every group of employees has a local manager plus managers above them. So there are a lot of managers.
The workplace culture is odd. They have varying games and celebrations that employee's can enjoy but they don't give you time to enjoy them. You always need to be at your phone so the only time you can go get popcorn, let's say, is on your 15 minute break. Which means if you need to make a private call or go to the bathroom you don't have time to participate in employee events.
I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers on the phone and helping them with their situation. I did enjoy that but the stressful, oppressive, demanding aspect of the job did not allow you to enjoy anything else.
Pros
Helping customers with problems
Cons
Too stressful, to closely observed and too many rules
Call center
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 14, 2019
Quickly and professionally answers incoming phone calls from insurance agents and auto glass shops. listening to each customer's needs and concerns. Gathers all necessary information for the claim, including verifying insurance coverage and deductible amounts, with empathy and patience.
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 13, 2019
Company was not bad to work for. For a call centre, the place was well kept, managers were actually approachable.

My issue was the fact that advancement was based on Call QA ratings. Which in theory is actually preferable. However when your calls were monitored as often as snowy days in central phoenix, you have a harder time advancing. Nothing against the company itself as they were going through a remodeling at the time. Surely it was chaotic and therefore easily overlooked. I was hired on as parttime and needed to be fulltime for insurance purposes.

I would however recommend the company despite my tribulations. benefits even for parttime was amazing. Great people. Friendly people. Have learned a lot from coworkers! Sticklers for clean workspaces, however if youre like me, that is just an added bonus!! Monk, anyone?
Pros
Great discounts on glass
March 15, 2019

Thank you for your thoughtful review and for recommending Safelite as a great place to work! We put great focus on hiring talented and enthusiastic associates, such as yourself. We hope you'll consider returning if the opportunity arises. We appreciate your contributions and wish you all the best.

Do it.
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 12, 2019
Not a 'car person'? Neither am I. Dont worry, they teach you everything you need to know before they give you they key to a company van and send you out into the world. Once you're hired you get a pretty substantial 'welcome basket' consisting of your uniform (pants, shorts, long and short sleeve shirts, beanie and some type of light jacket or hoodie), a smartphone and other essential items. You will also receive a tool box with all the necessary tools for the job and a fuel card. They'll have you doing menial tasks like recieving and stocking inventory, cleaning and being a 'go-fer' by assisting the in-shop techs if they need help. Then you will start their mandatory training course where you will be formally trained on policy procedure and safety as well as hands-on training. Then you are given a multiple choice exam where you are expected to pass within 2 tries so PAY ATTENTION ;) If it's hard for you to concentrate in a classroom setting dont worry. The combination of classroom and 'on the job' training will give you a pretty good idea what to expect each day....typical day is as follows: get to shop between 730-8am, Load your van, Call your customers and tell them what time they can expect you (this is tricky sometimes but you get better as you progress) depending on traffic the day is usually pretty easy. I've started at 8-830a and usually got home around 6p. All in all, previous experience is helpful but not necessary, you'll be surprised at how easy it actually is. Take it from me, I had no experience but stayed with the company close to 4yrs....
Pros
work by yourself, minimal customer interaction, get paid weekly, on the job training
Cons
traffic, system crashes, routes in unfamiliar territory
March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed feedback on your experience as one of our valued auto glass technicians. It sounds like you had a positive experience and felt supported with the tools and resources needed to be successful in serving our customers. Thank you for truly making a difference. We hope you'll consider returning someday and wish you all the best.

good job
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 11, 2019
good job but work is repetitive and leads to injury overall good money benefits are ok minus health insurance but comparable to everyone else starts at 16/ hr
Pros
company van
Cons
work two saurdays a month
Good people and coworkers to work with
Autoglass tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 10, 2019
Would start the day by picking up the glass at the shop then going to each customers house and fixing or replacing their autoglass for whatever vehicle they needed me to.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for your dedication in serving our customers. We are certain you are bringing unexpected happiness at a time that can be very stressful for our customers. You are appreciated!

Ok place to work.
CSR III (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 7, 2019
All about business, good benefits. Can advance if you work hard enough. Not as easy to move up as they claim. Building always kept extremely cold, even in winter.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not enough time off phones. Too busy sometimes. Can't keep enough workers in the building.
Overworked and Underpayed
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08002March 6, 2019
A typical day would start with my work phone alarm sounding as my jobs were added to my route. I would usually do about 8-14 jobs a day.

I learned customer service skills, and conflict resolution. Considering how often I'd be pulling into someones driveway who was already furious due to company error, I would often have to defuse a hostile situation and do everything in my power to make the customer happy.

Our store managers were great, but the regional call centers management team seemed more concerned with numbers than with the safety and wellbeing of their mobile service employees.

The culture when I was there was toxic. But it has since changed from what I hear, so I won't go into detail about the problematic things that were said and done.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do my job with inaccurate information. A wrong address, a wrong contact number, or the appointment time would be wrong. Or driving to and from job sites in unsafe weather conditions.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Long Hours
Got to take calls all day everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 5, 2019
I would come in and log into a computer. Once logged in, I would log into the phones from which I would receive calls from. I would get 2 15-20 minutes breaks. Then I would finish out my shift, clock out and head home
Summary
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2019
To tell how much I liked this place I tried to quit two times prior to actually quitting. I came up with an excuses that was met with compromises. I was going to school for IT and wanted to get into that. In order to do that I had to leave. Eventually I put in my two week notice and explained I had to follow my dreams.
Bilingual csr
Bilingual Customer Service Representative/ sales (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 5, 2019
Work was easy, I was on the bilingual queue and did multiple queues. The pay for that I wouldn't say was fair but compared to non bilingual pay it was. Management and training personnel are great, they do follow rules to the "T" but will try to work with you.
Pros
New place, they wont let you go from training until you pass
Cons
No personal seating
Horrible
Mobile Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2019
If you enjoy constant negativity, 0 upper management support, unrealistic expectations, and a stressful work environment. This is the job for you. You will get absolutely no breaks ever. You will be expected to complete jobs within an hour. No matter what weather or the circumstances. You will be expected to sell overly priced wiper blades to customers that don't want them. Because they are over priced and have already been hounded by the call center to buy them while setting up their appointment. If you fail to do any or all of the above management begins to pick you apart daily. While also purposely ignoring your calls when you reach out for help. I CAN NOT WAIT to leave this job. Take my advice and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, stress, unrealistic expectations, lack of management support.
Fairly high pressure, unrealistic expectations
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2019
Start at 8 Load your mobiles for the day spend the day installing auto glass.
I learned that I should pay more attention to little details.
Management was pretty good. Had to deal with a lot.
not as much of a team culture as one would like.
Installing large windshield's In
semis, construction vehicles by yourself.
Getting a nice customer is usually a highlite of the day.
Pros
Pretty good pay, company provided necessary tools and suoolies.
Favoritism runs rampant
REFERRAL CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 28, 2019
I was among the first group hired when the center opened in NM. I left another job for new opportunities to move up within this new company to the state.

The calls aren't too bad and I enjoy helping people in some of their hardest times. Customers can get upset but those calls really are very few and far between. Most are just glad to have someone helping them.

I've been with the company two years now and I've realized that if you are not a favorite you're not really going anywhere. I've seen far less qualified favorites who actually break policies (like clocking in for other people, and adjusting schedules) move up while others who work hard and do everything that's asked of them get over looked. There is favoritism everywhere but it's really bad here.

Management never seems be around when you need help and always rush through coachings like they're running late for something. My concerns about policies being broken were shrugged off if not completely ignored by management. (I just mind my own business now.) This company does not value ALL of its employees.

I really would only recommend this to highschool kids looking to get experience and build a resume. And I would suggest to do your best to become a favorite. This is not a career this is a stepping stone to your career elsewhere.
Pros
Helping customers through tragedies is rewarding.
Cons
Management/ favoritism
Meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 26, 2019
The people were fun, my manager was fun, hardly anyone ever moved up or was able to. No real career opportunities here if that's what you"re looking for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight