Play YouTube video button

Safelite Group Employee Reviews

United States1,853 reviews
Found 1,853 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Safelite Group selected this as a representative review
Great
It was great to work there wish it didn't end, but had to move back to North Carolina. Easy to do and company worked with your schedule no stress. Family came 1st and supervisors really cared.
Physically/Mentally demanding
This job is mentally/physically demanding due to always being pushed to work HARDER HARDER HARDER. Managers always hiding in their office and never willing to help the staff. Want 50+ hour work weeks and then make you take longer lunches so you don't get over time. Write ups on everything you do. No actual training what so ever.
Run as fast as you can.
They don’t train you as well as they say they do, so you will break things on customers cars and it will be your fault. These people will overwork you as they are greedy. They have no idea what technicians deal with on a daily basis and they don’t really seem to care. Just get the glass installed so the company gets paid by insurance. They overbook the technicians so you are not even able to make it to customers on time which will affect your bonus. They don’t even provide safety equipment. Run from this place.
Not supportive, unfriendly.
They are very critical of their call agents, Even when they get a great call and are given credit for it, in their next sentence they're talking about what could be done to make it better. They're always beating them down.
Loved it
Flexible hours good pay good training friendly people always felt welcome love the atmosphere. Recommended for people that like to work part-time or to work their way up to full time.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great Company
Safelite Solutions is a great company to work for, acquired by a Germany glass company in over 24 countries, not stock traded. Employees are valuable.
Management flails. Very top heavy company that could care less about its employees. H.R. only cares about management. Employees are nothing to them
I worked for the company for nearly 10 years. I don't know why I stayed so long. It was the most disrespectful company I have ever worked for. Management is pathetic. Safelite also takes glass claims for most insurance companies and steer all work towards them unless you request a different company. Nearly a monopoly. Pricing is not the same for everyone who goes there. Prices are computer manipulated. We are often told to lie to our customers regarding service failures of any kind. Part broke, tech sick, vendor didn't deliver the part, what ever lie works is their motto. They don't care about their customers or their employees. Women are poorly valued in this company as well. Benefits are poor and if you are there long enough you will see all newer employees coming in with pay higher than yours. No appreciation for their employees. I am so grateful to no longer work for this corporation. Corrupt and flailing management. Oh yea, Very top heavy. Management squanders and gets paid beyond their performance.
Safelite
They will give you free training tools and a work van. But its a terrible working environment the bonus system is completely flawed and there is nothing management can do about it. expect a lot of long days and relying on people to bring you the right piece of glass or part. No real structure employees to start.
Terrible company to work for
You’re always under the gun for the littlest things. they’ll over work you and you’ll be under paid for your efforts. Management could hardly care less about you all they’re worried about is your numbers
Pros
Cons
Everyday you’re overbooked and it’s you’re fault
Subpar
I was not a fan of this job. No work life balance and you could not color your hair. Attendance is based on seconds and not minutes which makes it difficult to abide
Great Company
They treat you like family whether you are a temp or associate..Companys can learn alot from them as far as Good pay, employee appreciation, benefits and everybody is treated like family and a person..
Good Pay For The Amount of Work
If you're looking for a customer service call center job that pays decently compares to the type of work that you do then this is a good place to work.
Pros
Pay compared to workload, coworkers are mostly friendly and willing to help
Cons
Lack of positive leadership, benefits could be better, not much employee appreciation
Helpful and understanding employer
there‘s some much experience a person can take from an employer and this specific employer gives a lot of opportunities to grow within the company itself and being bigger and better than as you first came in. Super helpful and knowledgeable.
Good company
The companys fine, good people working there and we stick to guidlines. Good management, challenging work. Could use help in routing, but thats anybody
Mid-Good
Good place to work, but as any other job, it has it's down side. When there's work, they work you like a dog. When the work slacks off, they make you stay home. How does a person survive like that?
Easy
Busy in the summer, but usually slow and somewhat steady in the winter.
I’ve learned a lot from my managers

From glass installs and removals and chip repairs.

Management will go up and beyond so you can succeed and achieve whatever goal you might have.

The culture is laid back, persistent and motivating.
It feels like a work family and upbeat atmosphere.
Inbound call center, taking insurance claims and following up on insurance claims. Call volume is often back to back. The promote a team atmosphere but did not make it easy for management to provide feedback to individuals.
Great company to work for
Great company to work for. Safelite has great benefits speedy advancements and a careing staff. All personnel was very reponsive when neededwwwhen needed
Pros
All is good
Cons
No negatives
Typical Call Center Job
Pretty easy to work some issues during training and didn’t get paid for it for like 2 months but they made up the difference. Only issue I had was a family member having surgery and because my direct supervisor was off and couldn’t advocate for me they let me go other than that the experience was wonderful
Pros
Flexibility and extra hours
Better than most, but no real job security
So first I'll start by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed working with the other technicians, and within about 3 months they felt like family. We helped each other to make each job easier, and our conversations while working were fun (and most likely not stuff the customers should hear, but it helped the day go by faster).

However, when I first applied I was going after the "Tech Trainee" position, which would give me $18/hr full time and benefits, which is great because I needed a minimum of $17/hr. During the first interview, I was told the position was posted in error for the location, and it was supposed to be for the Salt Lake facility, not for American Fork which I lived nearest to. The only position in American Fork was a "Part time Rock Chip Repair Medic" which paid $15/hr. I refused the position multiple times, but the interviewer (who was a "Quality Manager") promised that it would be temporary and the moment the position I applied for opened he and my soon to be store manager would give it to me.

8 months later, working my A** off and doing work outside of the scope of my job and pay, a position opened up. I was told to apply for it and have an interview, which threw up red flags immediately. Needless to say they came up with every excuse not to give me the position. This happened 2 more times, people from outside the company got the position, and half of them quit when they realized how much labor was involved. I ultimately gave up on getting that position, but still kept pestering my manager for full time status so I could at least get benefits and raises.
 - more...
Pros
1 hour lunch, great team, relaxed culture, and a cultivation of positivity
Cons
no job security, working outside of your paygrade and job title
n/a
very fast pace. lots of changes. never a dull moment. keeps you on your toes. it can get frustrating at times, but that's how it is at any job. one thing i can say, there is definitely room for growth within the company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Safelite Group.