Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,072 reviews matching the search See all 1,076 reviews
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 16, 2018
Was a great place to work I really enjoyed my time with this company and the work that I did. I was sad to leave the company but would go back should the opportunity arise.
Pros
Great pay, "Your own boss" kind of days
Cons
work outside regardless of the weather
Stess
Mobile Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 13, 2018
This place talks a big game. Sure the pay and benefits are ok, but it's not worth what they put you through to get it. Unless you absolutely love replacing windshields, I would look elsewhere.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
micro management, selling your soul
left due to family needs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 13, 2018
My mom had a stroke the weekend training ended. I left to take care of her and Safelite was very understanding. I left on good terms. She has since passed away
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2018
this place was voted best place to work, for the years of 2015-2017. I really dont know where they get the stats for that. they were racist and didn't care about us at all
Safelite District Manager
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 10, 2018
Safelite is a great company to work for! Leadership is supportive while giving you the freedom and flexibility to make your own decisions. The DM team I am on is unlike any other team I've been a part of. Competition is friendly and ideas and best practices are shared without hesitation. Although there are several market areas that make up the region, the team supports each other to ensure our mutual success. While many companies talk about their culture, Safelite walks the walk. Our values are the foundation of our success and make it easy to do the right thing for our people and our customers. As leaders we are tasked with making Safelite the best place you'll ever work, and while that's a tall order, it's a mission everyone can get behind. The DM role is fast paced and strategic, but incredibly rewarding!
Pros
Growing company, supportive leadership, great culture
Wow and Not in a Good Way
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 9, 2018
Welcome to the company that will not grant you 2 days off in a row because clearly, Safelite is more important than spending time with your family. Was told during my horrid fast-paced training with an immature employee that even though I didn't sign up to work for every holiday, I'd most likely get drafted to work it anyway. Breaks were short, management was unhelpful and a few of them actually rolled their eyes when I had questions about my job. Most people don't make it past training in this company and there's a reason for it. Trying to get vacation time granted was like pulling teeth. The only reason people advance quickly in this company is because people quit, and almost on the daily at that. So of course you'll be granted a promotion because there's nobody else who wants to stay long enough to endure the conditions just for a pay raise.
Cons
Young and single, this is your job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2018
Yes you do get a van to take home, they pay for gas, training, tools, uniforms, little perks here and there, and show compassion when something maybe wrong. But to succeed here are some tips, do everything the way you are trained and after a year you will know how to do installations in a way you are comfortable with and then the speed will catch up with you. 6-7 installs is common on the road, 9-12 inshop is typical too. On the road it will be almost impossible to stop and take a lunch as you are requested to do. Rely on your fellow techs for support when you need it. Boast about your accomplishments to management so you are really noticed, otherwise all they pay attention to are your scores and percentages. Pay is decent for starting out, but raises are small. Bonus plan has changed several times and not reliable, customer surveys dictate your job performance bonus plans. If you don’t have enough positive surveys to counter act a detractive survey you could be out of a bonus ($100-300) a week for 13 weeks until it falls off. Take it apon yourself when needing anything followed through when it comes to a response from management. Did they order your uniforms, did they check into that part that was needed, did they approve your time off? Dispatch, if your not careful, can make or break your day too. Sometimes they give you unrealistic appointment expectations like to many to humanly possible do in the morning (4or5) and tell you to figure with the customer how you still get them taken care of even though you will be late to their appointment. Setting up for failure, thanks.  more... Add that one to a detractor survey. If you are young, like cars (50% are Junk), and have no other obligations in your life, because you will work 5-6 days a week sometimes 12 hour days or 5 hour days, and a believe it when you see it attitude, then this is the job for you. Make a career out it if you want but a little advice, find a way to management fast, have a very understanding wife, and be part of the boys club while setting you own path for number 1.  less
Pros
Everything is paid for
Cons
Bonus plans and disgruntled customers
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAMay 3, 2018
On any given day I can have from 4-13 jobs a day, it does get stressful at times. the management is absolutely great, she really cares for her technicians. i love the environment and competiveness of the industry
Okay place to work
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 28, 2018
Okay place to work management was okay not really supportive. Don't really have much to say. Company is good company just wasn't really supportive.
.....................
Safelite AutoGlass is a dream company to work for!
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 24, 2018
I loved being a Customer Advocate at Safelite. Although it is a giant corporation, our shop felt like a mom and pop operation. My manager and coworkers were amazing young men who treated me with the utmost respect and appreciation. My ASM and Operations Manager were amazing, They provided encouragement and support to us which made me feel valued. Safelite feels like a great big family. It is a warm and welcoming environment. And the benefit options are many.

I would never have left, except my position was phased out in my shop. The ASM and Operations Manager offered me the same position (with compensation for gas) in the nearest shop 92 miles from my house. They made every attempt to retain me as a Safelite employee because they truly value each and every employee.

A terrific place to work.
Pros
Safelite culture, work environment, great management, terrific coworkers, benefits, pay scale, company functions, charitable organizsation, Pto
Cons
During slow periods hours may be cut
no advancement
Glass Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2018
if you work in the field the company doesn't care about you. temps of 115+ in the summer time. no increase during the 3 years working there, no performance evaluations
Pros
atonomy
Cons
working in extreme heat, no raises
alot to deal with. could be a great place to work
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 23, 2018
too many rules to mention and they are always changing them. the job itself is great, and the Techs are easy to work with like family. However the upper management is never satisfied with what the techs do. they keep changing rules and tools and when you start to get used to doing it the way they want you to do it, they change it again.
Pros
good job
Cons
changes
Doesn't Quite Live Up to What Is Promised
Special Services Desk Rep (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 19, 2018
I am unhappy with the company's failure to live up to what they say they offer during the interview. Bonus that are supposedly given hasn't been given, instead an excuse is given and food (free lunch, pizza) is offered instead. Always finding some type of loophole or excuse as to why you can't advance to a certain position. Job coaches not being very helpful.
Warehouse Associate and Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDApril 18, 2018
Work day starts with getting route for your delivery for the day. Then we would use the cherry picker to pick the windshield orders to be delivered to installation techs. I learned to inspect windshields for scratches and cracks. Management was cool for the most part never judgmental and always willing to get in and help. Hardest part was lifting windshield on and off delivery truck without scratching, breaking, or dropping them. Most enjoyable part was the company picnic got to meet a lot of people and interact with other staff members and eat good food.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Place
Inbound Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. Great people to work with, including mangers, supervisors and co workers. Great earning potential, competitive salary & commission. Great benefits, Safelite pays for part of the insurance for healthcare.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 9, 2018
It was a great place to work. was a great experience for me and I would return if I had the chance. The only reason i had to quit was because of moving.
A great place to work
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2018
If you're not sure where you're headed in life, safelite is a great company that offers decent wages and a friendly environment. You can climb up the corporate ladder or stay as a CSR. They offer multiple opportunities to further your career.
Challenging job
Customer care (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2018
It’s tiring to deal with angry customers all day. There is little reward and it’s very thankless. The pay is decent but we don’t get paid enough for what we do/
hands on training
Windshield Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2018
it was a friendly work place where I was provided everything I needed to succeed at the job. unfortunately management was a little less that what I would have desired.
It was a save life working environment
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50311April 3, 2018
Safe life give me the opportunity when I misted need it to explore all of my potentials whenever am at work and I love working with my coworkers at safelife group because they are all good people to work with
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight