Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

A hard job to say the least!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 21, 2018
The job was handling hazardous waste products and returning them for either recycling or destroying them by incineration. Driving truck on designated routes, and servicing parts washers.
Safe and rewarding place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 15, 2018
My time at Safety Kleen was goal oriented. We would go to customers locations and sell and maintain our products and equipment.
I began on a route truck as a sales representative and worked my way up to manager in a three month period. They reward hard work and excellent sales. We were trained well in all aspects of the job and worked well together.
The hardest part of the job was working with someone who did not care about his work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone succeed and do well for himself, the company, and his family.
Pros
Health benefits, good managers, good trucks and equipment
Cons
Long hours, dealt with dangerous chemicals
good crew
Vacuum sales service representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 7, 2018
around 8 hrs/wk OT.
$21/hr regular pay
Commission is based on points system. every point is worth $2.50 up to 542 points after they become $6.00/point.
NOW, the new drivers get the low revenue set in stone jobs while veteran operators get the $$ jobs. basically a $800-$900 take home a month gig unless you get thrown a couple bones/month.
Vac dept.
Pros
drivers are good people
Cons
Ops. Mgr has favorites plain and simple.
Laboratory environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 26, 2018
My coworkers are incredible. Management needs some work. Oil and gas field so work environment is very wishie washy. Pay is less than expected for job duties.
Interesting place to work
Imaging Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 15, 2018
During my time here, I had the opportunity to advance multiple times. The structure of the corporation allows any number of ways for workers to move from position to a different position.
Pros
It's been a while since I've worked here
Cons
It's been a while since I've worked here
Rutterless ship
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2018
Operations and Sales managements teams work in silos. One team doesn't care what the other team wants or needs. Often at 180' opposition of each other. Witnessed outright intimidation or bullying by office personnel and management did nothing after brought to their attention. I couldn't leave that place quick enough. Pay is way under market and bonuses are very small, if any. They only match 401k to $500 per year.
Pros
Health insurance.
Cons
Bad reputation in market, management, poor pay
Safety-Kleen
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2018
Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. is a company that provides services such as collecting and recycling oil, providing industrial cleaning, and handling industrial waste
Low Morale / Poor Workforce Management
Sr. Buyer - Logistics Support (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 11, 2018
SK was bought by Clean Harbors in 2012, and since that time work conditions have suffered. We haven't had raises in over 4 years. There is no 401k matching. Health & dental benefits are average. Little or no direction from upper management.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No raises, no 401k matching
Call Center Building
Customer Care Agent II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 10, 2018
The whole call center does not have a direction yet. Management spends too much time trying to figure out the direction they want to go rather then spending time developing their agents
Pros
Good intentions
Cons
Bad implementation of rules
Safety Kleen Jack Henry and Seven Eleven
IT Support and MDT Admin (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2018
Very close employees. Worked very well together until the buy out.
I was able to get additional training and more and more freedom to get the tasks assign. Able to use our own recycling the free up old inventory. Able to get my own msdn account and FedEx and UPS
Pros
Food Friday
Cons
Lay off from buy out
Good work place just ready for a change
Sale and Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 4, 2018
Great place to work just time goes by fast everything being on service term makes life go by quick. Always work to be done and the more you do the more you get paid.
Pros
Paid time off and off on weekends
Cons
Heavy lifting manual labor
easy place to work poor pay
lab tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, KYMarch 22, 2018
after 25 yrs I thought I would be there til my time was up,got laid off I gave them much more than they gave me but the mgmnt had a fly under the radar mentality so we as a company got passed over by corporate
Pros
lots of vacation time for yrs of service
Cons
unfair pay no raises
not what it was supposed to be
Account Manager Lube Sales (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2018
I have nothing I wish to put into print.
Try it for yourself.

Nothing to add. I have told you all that I plan on telling anyone.
This is not a subject I am prepared to put my thoughts into print.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Upper Management
Stressful
Kleen (Accountant) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2018
Safety-Kleen was a good company to work for until they discovered some Accounting irregularities that ultimately resulted in them splitting from Laidlaw Environmental Services.
stressfull and cut throat
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2018
its who you know not what you know. The company gives you a lot of training but it takes years to put it all together. You need to ask questions but upper management can't answer you.
Pros
pays well
Cons
stressfull and no balance for family life
Stressfull, Long Hours, Hard Work and Backstabbing Colleagues!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 2, 2018
This could have been a great job for someone that doesn't mind hard work. I did not. The problem with the organization is that the management has created an enviroment of very unhealthy competition which attracts backstabbing, undermining ego-centric employees. The organization could be much more productive and lucrative for e veryone if the employees were MADE to work as a team and follow strict ethical standards or BE FIRED>
Unfortunately, this would require management to have strong leadership skills. Having been in the military for a while, I quickly realized that what I saw at Safety Kleen is what we were warned in the military about. What can happen to an organization without strong leadership. Now I know. It wasn't a difficult decision to resign.
I was in the El Cajon, CA branch, maybe it's different at another location.
Pros
Good pay with incentives, working alone after training, creating long lasting friendships with customers.
Cons
No teamwork, working with pirahnas, weak managment.
Very busy and fun job
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 27, 2018
I was the lead Admin and did all the hiring of new admin. Worked for several company Executives and loved my job. I also supported driver with proper paper work and played a very important role in keeping our company in compliance with the EPA. We had quarterly inspection by the state and I always passed them with flying colors. I prided myself very much on always passing those inspections and my boss also very much loved that skill set in my work.
Pros
I was the lead and a very good leader.
Cons
Sometimes too busy to get breaks but I really didn't mind much.
Was a nice place to work for
Automotive Representitive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Started out as a sales rep in the automotive division then went to the tanker truck picking up waste oil and antifreeze.Ran on territory but was able to run all territories in the branch
Good culture
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 25, 2018
Great folks to work with. This is a good place to cut your teeth in route sales. The work is tough but rewarding. The pay is fair. The management is great.
Too much Stress
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 24, 2018
I was old that it was a relaxed atmosphere when I was interviewed. It is very far from that. Extremely stressful. You are expected to do more work than you are paid for. Your salary covers 8 hours, but you normally work 10-12 sometimes more. You have unattainable goals set for what they expect. Don't understand why they expect you to do all that you do, without compensation. They need to change pay structure to correct turnover rate.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not paid for all of hours worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.