Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Intense work atmosphere
Senior Field Chemist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 13, 2018
Typical work day included executing orders and pick ups in Texas and Louisiana. Goal was to segregate chemical waste according to federal guidelines and transport to disposal facilities.
Pros
Knowlegeable staff and flexibility
Cons
Long hours and travel
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2018
I feel this job was demanding that included a lot of hours weekly. It's been quite some time since I worked here so I'm not able to provide any recent updates other than they were bought out aprox seven years ago.
Good company, long way to get there
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aragonite, UTJuly 5, 2018
The Safety-kleen plant I worked for was out in the middle of the west desert. It took an hour to get there and an hour to return. That made for some long days of work. I did enjoy the 10 hour work days, that made for always a 3 day weekend. the workplace culture for the most part was professional, everyone knew there job and did it. Safety was not a high priority and there was lots of injuries while I was working there. The hardest part of the job was the drive. the most enjoyable part was the people, we made each day fun.
Pros
supplied busses to take you to and from work
Cons
low pay, long distance, poor safety culture
Alot of overtime and no employee appreciation.
Senior Ground Operator (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 1, 2018
Management is terrible.Would not recomend working there if you want to have a life outside work.You are worked like a mule and if you need time off they talk about how weak you are.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Managers are awful
Terrible place to work
Market Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  USJune 25, 2018
Do not work here. Management has no concept of a life outside of work. Benefits are not worth the aggravation of working here. Unless you're part of the buddy system you will never get promoted.
WAREHOUSE/ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 4, 2018
You can get a lot of overtime at Safety-Kleen like 12-14 hour shift. They provide uniforms great benefits,fuel card, and work boots twice a year. Great discounts also.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Sometimes Saturday work
Typical Day
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 3, 2018
• Develop a systematic and organized approach to following and complying to environmental regulations, managing waste and/or reducing the business’ carbon footprint while having a strong hold of Environmental Health and Safety
• Complete a quality control check and sort bins according to the retail contract
• Ensure proper segregation, packaging, loading and unloading of hazardous, non-hazardous and pharmaceutical wastes
• Safely load and unload the truck
• Properly secure the loads
• Guarantee placarding of vehicle meets Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations
• Maintain daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports
• Prepare DOT shipping documents
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
No home life balance.
good place
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2018
Fun workplace good benefits flexible work hours very productive nice place to work good training I enjoy working with people and helping them solve their problems and concerns
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
A hard job to say the least!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 21, 2018
The job was handling hazardous waste products and returning them for either recycling or destroying them by incineration. Driving truck on designated routes, and servicing parts washers.
Safe and rewarding place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 15, 2018
My time at Safety Kleen was goal oriented. We would go to customers locations and sell and maintain our products and equipment.
I began on a route truck as a sales representative and worked my way up to manager in a three month period. They reward hard work and excellent sales. We were trained well in all aspects of the job and worked well together.
The hardest part of the job was working with someone who did not care about his work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone succeed and do well for himself, the company, and his family.
Pros
Health benefits, good managers, good trucks and equipment
Cons
Long hours, dealt with dangerous chemicals
good crew
Vacuum sales service representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 7, 2018
around 8 hrs/wk OT.
$21/hr regular pay
Commission is based on points system. every point is worth $2.50 up to 542 points after they become $6.00/point.
NOW, the new drivers get the low revenue set in stone jobs while veteran operators get the $$ jobs. basically a $800-$900 take home a month gig unless you get thrown a couple bones/month.
Vac dept.
Pros
drivers are good people
Cons
Ops. Mgr has favorites plain and simple.
Laboratory environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 26, 2018
My coworkers are incredible. Management needs some work. Oil and gas field so work environment is very wishie washy. Pay is less than expected for job duties.
Interesting place to work
Imaging Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 15, 2018
During my time here, I had the opportunity to advance multiple times. The structure of the corporation allows any number of ways for workers to move from position to a different position.
Pros
It's been a while since I've worked here
Cons
It's been a while since I've worked here
Rutterless ship
Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2018
Operations and Sales managements teams work in silos. One team doesn't care what the other team wants or needs. Often at 180' opposition of each other. Witnessed outright intimidation or bullying by office personnel and management did nothing after brought to their attention. I couldn't leave that place quick enough. Pay is way under market and bonuses are very small, if any. They only match 401k to $500 per year.
Pros
Health insurance.
Cons
Bad reputation in market, management, poor pay
Safety-Kleen
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2018
Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. is a company that provides services such as collecting and recycling oil, providing industrial cleaning, and handling industrial waste
Low Morale / Poor Workforce Management
Sr. Buyer - Logistics Support (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 11, 2018
SK was bought by Clean Harbors in 2012, and since that time work conditions have suffered. We haven't had raises in over 4 years. There is no 401k matching. Health & dental benefits are average. Little or no direction from upper management.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No raises, no 401k matching
Call Center Building
Customer Care Agent II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 10, 2018
The whole call center does not have a direction yet. Management spends too much time trying to figure out the direction they want to go rather then spending time developing their agents
Pros
Good intentions
Cons
Bad implementation of rules
Safety Kleen Jack Henry and Seven Eleven
IT Support and MDT Admin (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2018
Very close employees. Worked very well together until the buy out.
I was able to get additional training and more and more freedom to get the tasks assign. Able to use our own recycling the free up old inventory. Able to get my own msdn account and FedEx and UPS
Pros
Food Friday
Cons
Lay off from buy out
Good work place just ready for a change
Sale and Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 4, 2018
Great place to work just time goes by fast everything being on service term makes life go by quick. Always work to be done and the more you do the more you get paid.
Pros
Paid time off and off on weekends
Cons
Heavy lifting manual labor
easy place to work poor pay
lab tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, KYMarch 22, 2018
after 25 yrs I thought I would be there til my time was up,got laid off I gave them much more than they gave me but the mgmnt had a fly under the radar mentality so we as a company got passed over by corporate
Pros
lots of vacation time for yrs of service
Cons
unfair pay no raises