SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Street medic's bring me your tired,your poor, ...etc. ........12th year with SMS, wouldn't trade one day of it.
Remote Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 9, 2019
I transitioned from a street medic in Charlotte NC to a remote medic with SMS in 2008. I will say to all interested in a remote medic position you will not regret it.

I haven't had to take vacation in almost 12 years, my rotation schedule for many years was two weeks on and two weeks off, my current schedule is 3 weeks on 3 weeks off which allows for a lot of quality family time at home with loved ones. The pay is not at the top of the scale but its not bad either. if you consider all of the training and courses and certificates SMS will pick up the tab on its a good deal over all. The health insurance is good also.

Yes the gas and oil industry had a huge downturn in 2010 but SMS never laid any of us off, they took care of us. We had to cut back and work as a team but no one went hungry. The oil and gas industry is coming back and will soon be full bore again, get your foot in the door now.

SMS has a family atmosphere where you are valued and not just a number, its a great place to work. I highly recommend it to paramedics who are looking for decent pay and a killer schedule and I recommend SMS to those Medics who desire to get out of the grind of the street and all that it brings these days where EMS agency's.have evolved into corporate ran operations not concerned with Pt care or crew retention. This is NOT one of those places. If you are not a procrastinator and stay on top of things, are resourceful and detail oriented and do not require micro management you will do well on the type of assignments SMS offers.
Pros
The company man pays for 3 meals a day, the BR hands do your laundry, once you are here for your 3 weeks you dont have to spend a dime.
Cons
The weather can make travel challenging at times, usually not for long.
Bueno
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Trabajo muy bueno te desarrolla en nueva habilidades
good place to learn HSE
HSE Advisor/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAOctober 23, 2018
Good People to work with in the Oil & gas industry, Shell was super to work on their porjects, Noble energy was also great to their contractors in HSE.
Pros
14 and 14 work
Great companny
Remote Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 15, 2018
I have been there over 8 years and love the culture within the company. The suport staff is great and they have top notchtraining facilities to keep all your certs up to date.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Wage
Great place to work and learn
HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2018
Working at Safety Management Systems was great for learning and traveling, they always paid on time and kept up with all your certifications needed to complete your job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Slow advancement rate
JetBlue Airways supervisor flight
Course code directly (Current Employee) –  Safety reviewSeptember 24, 2018
Safety Management system general education department
Jetblue standard error taxnomy safety evaluation audit program international civil navigation organization
Pros
Federal Aviation Administration Four year old Airbus 321
Cons
International Air Transportation Association
the Job
HSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 17, 2018
This Job is a consulting position, the company itself does not really have the support of its people like should have had. I worked primarily alone. most of what I learned was through those I worked for.
Pros
being gone
Cons
being there!
Good company
Offshore Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 14, 2018
Better than parent company Acadian. If you don’t mind being away from home or isolation you can make pretty good money. The offshore life isn’t for everyone however. It’s not something I recommend making a career out of.
Pros
Pay, Benifits
Cons
Away from home a lot
Great pay and benefits
SAFETY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2018
Working at Safety Management Systems has allowed me to take care of my family that has health problems. They do this by the pay that I received while on the project.
Fun Working Environment
HSE/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 8, 2018
SMS was a fun place to work. Good management support and long lasting contracts for paramedics and HSE reps. They don't pay the best in the world but it was a nice change of pace
Great Place To Work
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rembrandt, IAJuly 25, 2018
• Train and instruct employees so they can perform their work safely.
• Assigned PPE needed for each task and teach on how to use work equipment for work assignment.
• Mandate safety training for all work crews and assignments.
• Ensure that safe work measurements are completed in a timely manner according to job
Specifications.
Pros
Free Lunches Great Bonuses
Cons
Long Days Of Work
productive and fun place to work
Contractor safety management oversight (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 10, 2018
enjoyed the different working environments, which help me become more skilled in the different craft works in construction, ability to problem solve, conflict resolution, public speaking were all enjoyable.
Pros
People
Cons
extream heat
Great culture and benefits
Safety (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2018
Good people to work for/not the best pay but ESOP is a plus. Lots of jobs available around the country. Size of company seemed to outgrow talent, need better support and management
the best job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 4, 2018
it was laid back , you work 12 hour shifts and could receive overtime. the manager was very understanding & nice . worked 14 days off 14 days . the only thing was driving long period of time to work
Good Break In Company
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 30, 2018
This is not the highest paying company but they provide allot of valuable training. The exposure to different types of jobs was a great experience also. They had a very good schedule.
Pros
work life balance was great
Cons
pay is low for Safety Professionals
Consultant
SAFETY & LOGISTICS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2018
Met operational goals, reduced customer complains and union grievances, identified process improvements through technology, and insured Quality & Audit control, contributed to strategy and road map development, supervised employee scheduling, and communicated compliance and policy information as needed.
great place to work if you can operate independently. Tough schedule away from home/family for 2 weeks, but back home for 2 weeks is very nice.
HSE Advisor/paramedic (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 21, 2018
Extremely well organized company. Management is very well focused on the changes in the industry and effects on business. Management does not micro manage field employees. Does follow the ups and downs of the oil industry. Overall a great place to work.
good money.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 10, 2017
I would lead and instruct a team of 25 people in and out of bio hazardous containment zones.We would decontaminate equipment on lotion in hot zones until specifications were met.
Pros
good money
Cons
to much time away from home.
Great company to work with
EHS Oil Field Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 3, 2017
Safety Management Systems is a great company to work for. They search for high paying jobs for their employees and place you in a position that will set you up for success.
Pros
Great communication network
Cons
Possibly you will be located great distance from main office
Very exciting and challenging on daily basis.
Senior Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2017
SMS, (Safety Management Systems) provided a great atmosphere to work in. The assignment was very challenging and they provided all the resources to achieving that challenge.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Out of state managment