Safran Employee Reviews

Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 21, 2018
Working at Safrà Aircrafts Engines was a good experience for me in a 1 month Internship. The people out there are realy hardworking and enjoying what they are qualifying to.
Terrible environment to work...Unfair Management, Low pay, No advancement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHSeptember 18, 2018
My summary basically says it all. I was hired on and it was fine for about 6 months, then it all started going south. The management cannot be trusted. If you don't have a French last name you cannot get ahead, there's NO advancement opportunity. The minute there's any type of friction you'll be dropped in an instant, regardless of how good of an employee you are. ONLY MANAGERS get bonuses ! Pay is very low for the industry, ask anyone with any experience elsewhere. LOW PAY, NO BONUS, SHORT VACA TIME, NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY. Why would you want to be there?
Pros
Cons
See above
MRP Controller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Safran was a great place to work. I loved working there, because the schedule was perfect for me, especially when I had school. We would get two bonuses a year.
payment/ direct management issues
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 25, 2018
As a whole, Safran production associate isn't a bad thing to be. The major issues are that the pay is no longer consistent with work in this field in this area, and that direct management for the most part purposely makes employees jobs feel insecure.
Good Experience
Sr. Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work. Nice work culture. Helpful and dependable peers and managers. Approachable leaders. Motivating leaders all in to try something new to get better results. No unnecessary work pressure. No lengthy meetings.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
clustered work places
Fell sense of accomplishment at end of day
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 18, 2018
Opportunities are far and few for advancement within my current field. (Quality).

Outsiders from other divisions of the company
are coming in at a lower pay scale and taking away opportunities throughout!
Aero Engine Engineer
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Villaroche, FranceAugust 17, 2018
Every Monday, we had our project review to check the works done and plan the new one for the week. It is a great moment to share with the team and exchange about the issues to solve and built the work plan together.
A learning place to work.
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 14, 2018
A good place to learn about aircraft. I meet at work a good people in all the years that I have work in the company. I like to work for the company, but was time to move out and look for something different to make happy.
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Favoritism for management
Fun and Energenetic
Seperate that comes in (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 10, 2018
You dont see people just laying on the desk napping and complaining about .ugg im tired. Every where you look some one is working or doing some thing proactive but if you dont have something they will find something for u to do
Pros
Raise every year
Cons
Short breaks
Great stepping stone and introduction into some of aerospace careers.
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2018
Having no prior aerospace experience before and only retail, gas station, fast food; this job was a huge stepping stone and I'm honestly glad I was given the opportunity. The workplace is clean and a little overwhelming if not used to industrial environments. Management is interesting, our site manager micro-manages but knows little of what really goes on. As for operations manager she is often talked badly of but truly is an impressive manager seeing what all she manages and knows, unfortunately not many see this as not everyone is management driven. However on the topic it does feel as if career advancement is very hard to come by and when it does odds are in seniority not potential. Possibly due to the lack to recognize and train/guide those that show a potential or willingness to advance into leadership positions. The overall work is easy once you learn to read blueprints and becomes repetitive and boring after while. Most stimulating thing for the mind while working is listening to some coworkers talk about others or listening to someone's podcast from their speaker. Overall it's been the best job I have ever had and plan to stay for awhile and try to advance into what I feel is a more appropriate position and hopefully be of more use as it has been good to me. The company does a good job of trying to empower TM's that being said there are teams that get work done but generally don't work as a team.
Pros
Potential to Travel, Appropriate Pay, Good benefits, Set schedule and consistent hours, Overall Good environment.
Cons
Breaks are a tad bit short for smokers, lack of training for new hires.
job is good bad management
Electro-Mechanical Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 24, 2018
pay is low
job is OK
bad management
could be a lot better if manager know what are they doing
a lot of brown nose,spy around be careful what you say its being report to manager everytime
Pros
good culture
Cons
bad management
Great employees
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 16, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 9 years, all I can say is that the employees are great and hard working, I enjoyed my time there. Management lacked in support.
Pros
Many vacation hours
Cons
high health care costs
was such an interesting and fun place to work. I absolutely loved this job
Assmbler (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 22, 2018
I learned about the wiring inside the military aircrafts. The people there were more like family because everyone was willing to help you become a better employee and a better person overall
Sorry manager
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 11, 2018
Enjoyed the people. Disliked Manager. I believe had a target on me. Was very stressful. Every day at standup meeting we were griped at for not having our productivity high enough. The area lead played favorites. If you needed help would not really help and treated you like you were dumb if you did not know what you were doing.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Mandatory OT, short breaks, raises were poor . Poor management
Opportunity for technical growth
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2018
Provides a good opportunity to learn many new things which will help later on in career.
Average pay.
Interesting projects to work on.
Supportive management.
Very average
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 15, 2018
I was there for 3 years, and overall my experience was a positive one. If you are just working on the floor then overall the people are friendly and the job not too stressful. The real issues pop up if you are put on one of the teams with a lot of manufacturing requirements and not enough tool/materials to do the job. You are constantly on overtime just so the company can bill the customer and tell them that they are doing everything they can while you sit there with nothing to really work on. Aside from that, with it being a union job there is no real chance for raises or any such thing. All raises in compensation are really just a "survive long enough without getting fired" type thing.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime can become overwhelming.
Overall good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
lower on the pay scale of aerospace but work life balance it amazing. lots of vacation and great insurance. family always comes first to the company and leadership
Cons
not enough parts to build on time
its a good place for a steady Job
Final Quality Inspector / Fair Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 7, 2018
Safran has very friendly people who work there. the majority of the employee's have been there for 20 to 30 years, but Safran has only been there for about 7. the company before that was Eaton. the issue with Safran is that there are many talented people who are good if not great at many things but get stuck doing the same things. I think its just growing pains. Safran is steadily grow as a company and i guess its just in the process of figuring all out. It is a good environment to work for even though i said the above statement everyone works well with each other.
Pros
As a direct Hire they have great benefits, and employee resources
Cons
When your good at something you tend to get stuck in it.
horrible leaders, on the floor.
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 7, 2018
avg day is just a repetitive motion. same thing different part. if you have no knowledge in this field. then it isn't that bad for getting your foot in the door. Management is junk, which is an understatement. its a complete witch hunt if you aren't on 1st shift. The leads and supervisor will be after you from day one. claiming you arent doing your job or you are too slow.
Nothing really enjoyable about the job. just a way to get a paycheck.
Pros
clean work area
Cons
Worthless supervisor.
Intership
Internship in the cleaning department (Former Employee) –  YvelineApril 19, 2018
I was in the cleaning department, and my goal was to clean the pieces that we sent to me.
A piece was sent with a registration number and a paper that shows every operation done and must be done, so I had to verify if it was the right piece and make the operations.
There were a couple of operations that can be done in the cleaning department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safran. Our community is ready to answer.