Safran Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A learning place to work.
Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 14, 2018
A good place to learn about aircraft. I meet at work a good people in all the years that I have work in the company. I like to work for the company, but was time to move out and look for something different to make happy.
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Favoritism for management
Great stepping stone and introduction into some of aerospace careers.
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2018
Having no prior aerospace experience before and only retail, gas station, fast food; this job was a huge stepping stone and I'm honestly glad I was given the opportunity. The workplace is clean and a little overwhelming if not used to industrial environments. Management is interesting, our site manager micro-manages but knows little of what really goes on. As for operations manager she is often talked badly of but truly is an impressive manager seeing what all she manages and knows, unfortunately not many see this as not everyone is management driven. However on the topic it does feel as if career advancement is very hard to come by and when it does odds are in seniority not potential. Possibly due to the lack to recognize and train/guide those that show a potential or willingness to advance into leadership positions. The overall work is easy once you learn to read blueprints and becomes repetitive and boring after while. Most stimulating thing for the mind while working is listening to some coworkers talk about others or listening to someone's podcast from their speaker. Overall it's been the best job I have ever had and plan to stay for awhile and try to advance into what I feel is a more appropriate position and hopefully be of more use as it has been good to me. The company does a good job of trying to empower TM's that being said there are teams that get work done but generally don't work as a team.
Pros
Potential to Travel, Appropriate Pay, Good benefits, Set schedule and consistent hours, Overall Good environment.
Cons
Breaks are a tad bit short for smokers, lack of training for new hires.
was such an interesting and fun place to work. I absolutely loved this job
Assmbler (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 22, 2018
I learned about the wiring inside the military aircrafts. The people there were more like family because everyone was willing to help you become a better employee and a better person overall
Sorry manager
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 11, 2018
Enjoyed the people. Disliked Manager. I believe had a target on me. Was very stressful. Every day at standup meeting we were griped at for not having our productivity high enough. The area lead played favorites. If you needed help would not really help and treated you like you were dumb if you did not know what you were doing.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Mandatory OT, short breaks, raises were poor . Poor management
Opportunity for technical growth
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2018
Provides a good opportunity to learn many new things which will help later on in career.
Average pay.
Interesting projects to work on.
Supportive management.
Very average
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 15, 2018
I was there for 3 years, and overall my experience was a positive one. If you are just working on the floor then overall the people are friendly and the job not too stressful. The real issues pop up if you are put on one of the teams with a lot of manufacturing requirements and not enough tool/materials to do the job. You are constantly on overtime just so the company can bill the customer and tell them that they are doing everything they can while you sit there with nothing to really work on. Aside from that, with it being a union job there is no real chance for raises or any such thing. All raises in compensation are really just a "survive long enough without getting fired" type thing.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime can become overwhelming.
Overall good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
lower on the pay scale of aerospace but work life balance it amazing. lots of vacation and great insurance. family always comes first to the company and leadership
Cons
not enough parts to build on time
its a good place for a steady Job
Final Quality Inspector / Fair Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 7, 2018
Safran has very friendly people who work there. the majority of the employee's have been there for 20 to 30 years, but Safran has only been there for about 7. the company before that was Eaton. the issue with Safran is that there are many talented people who are good if not great at many things but get stuck doing the same things. I think its just growing pains. Safran is steadily grow as a company and i guess its just in the process of figuring all out. It is a good environment to work for even though i said the above statement everyone works well with each other.
Pros
As a direct Hire they have great benefits, and employee resources
Cons
When your good at something you tend to get stuck in it.
horrible leaders, on the floor.
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 7, 2018
avg day is just a repetitive motion. same thing different part. if you have no knowledge in this field. then it isn't that bad for getting your foot in the door. Management is junk, which is an understatement. its a complete witch hunt if you aren't on 1st shift. The leads and supervisor will be after you from day one. claiming you arent doing your job or you are too slow.
Nothing really enjoyable about the job. just a way to get a paycheck.
Pros
clean work area
Cons
Worthless supervisor.
Intership
Internship in the cleaning department (Former Employee) –  YvelineApril 19, 2018
I was in the cleaning department, and my goal was to clean the pieces that we sent to me.
A piece was sent with a registration number and a paper that shows every operation done and must be done, so I had to verify if it was the right piece and make the operations.
There were a couple of operations that can be done in the cleaning department.
Very professional and progressive company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 12, 2018
Fast paced and collaborative environment. High level of accountability. Highly diverse population. Strong emphasis on training, mobility and development.
Extremely difficult job, with explicit expectations
Formboard Designer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 30, 2018
The standards document for formboard design is 430 pages. That's a lot to memorize.

The supervisor is not communicative. However, expectations are given for each design, so you can know where you stand.

It is a very quiet workplace, with neverending work. There is some politicking, for better or worse.
Pros
So quiet
Cons
Not an easy job
It's a made up job
Industrialization Support Manager - Safran USA (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 20, 2018
A typical day consists of phone calls with French counterparts and with suppliers that you are in charge of.
It honestly feels like there is not much to contribute. But you are constantly pressured to make it seem like there is a lot to contribute.
Safran
Numerical Analyst, for Messier-Dowty (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 16, 2018
Really good, and advanced modeling / work. High quality staff and projects, they have adequate equipment and software to develop good projects and follow-up.
Good place to work, just high stress and minimal training.
Production Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denton, TxMarch 11, 2018
I like where I work, but it gets stressful being that management and production control batter over revenue vs sticking to schedule. Little training is provided, then you are in your own.
Pros
People are nice.
Cons
Lack of training to do your job.
Some areas operate on Good Ole Boy Network
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Overall Safran is a great company to work for with decent benefits. The oversight from corporate is great minus the egos that get involved between managers and corporate. A few individuals lack the emotional intelligence to communicate with anyone, much less a foreign visitor. They would rather throw things and scream until they turn red in the face than deal with problems or opportunities for improvement. I could understand why corporate was so hard on them because they were easy targets. The only problem is they work on the good ole boy network at this particular site and very slow promotion unless you start from the very bottom. The majority of the managers would not survive in another company. Corporate was hesitant to step in because the site was officially a subcontractor.
Pros
Strong Company
Cons
Poor Management
Need new supervisor
Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 12, 2018
Need supervisor not only her or his favoritesm being recognize and should know how to trained new hires im good ways. Not depending on lead or the person lnows seel the jo ..
ok
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 8, 2018
some of management is rude.
some of the employees are rude they treat you badly if you call out due to health issues they punish you they can treat you like there personal goffer
Great starter job in the aerospace field
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Great place to learn the introduction of wire harness building! Introducing skills from different types of planes and building techniques to quality control
Pros
Listening to music
Cons
Hard to get support from staff
Great place to work. High stress.
Facility Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 7, 2018
High stress work place.
Great place to work.
Team work was great.
I was the only person in my role, this made it hard to get up to speed on the job.
Boss was great to work for.