Safran Employee Reviews

Biased
Supplier Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2019
At ever tollgate, Safran employees will take your progress and turn it to their advantage. Non-truths, rude behavior and lack of knowledge on internal requirements are a continual battle. SAFRAN does not like being told to follow their own requirements.

Cultural differences remain an issue however, they do not offer this training....what a shame.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Cultural differences
Segment lead buyer
Segment Lead Buyer (Former Employee) –  ParisFebruary 11, 2019
Work atmosphere is good but not enough challenging
Compensations are good but salary evolution is not good at all.
Work loAd is reasonable and allow home office
Pros
Compensations
Cons
SalRy évolution
decent but no room for advancement
Avionics Installer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 11, 2019
I worked at the completion center in little rock Arkansas. long hours decent pay but you don't have job security a lot of layoffs for no reason and no room for advancement and the management was absolutely horrible plus there was a lot of turnover in the management.
Pros
good money
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun but not well taken care of by company
Solder Technician (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Wouldn’t reccommend working here unless your happy with a day to day 9-5 job without much of a chance to advance in company. I feel like they do not really care for the labor workers.
Very stressful environment
Supply Chain Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 1, 2019
hardest part of job was keeping up with the demands of management asking why product wasn't expedited before it was needed. Manager/supervisor wanted too much, preferred being unreasonable with suppliers and only wanted to make demands that weren't able to be met when suppliers were having issues getting materials to build product for material to be implemented. Management would make promises to customers that weren't able to be met without extra overtime for the production floor.
Pros
n/a
Cons
too much stress
Overall Good Experience
Coatings Engineer (Process Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 31, 2019
During my time with Safran there was a large ramp up in production. The challenge was immense but it was satisfying to see the results after a few years. My role required international travel occasionally. I met a lot of great people that I still consider family.
Pros
Great people, challenging work
Cons
Some roles do not focus on long-term career development
Good company
Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 29, 2019
This is a good company to work for. But the pay isn't the greatest but it is a job. The people are friendly and try to meet your work place needs. There is a lot of training involved in there work, but it is easy to do if you are mechanically inclined. Also the hours are good if your home life allows for it. 6:30-3:00
Pros
different food trucks come once a month
Cons
work is very repetative and can become trying fast there is no challenge
General Manager is respectful and persausive. His hands are tied with company expectaions of the bottom line.
OPERATOR AND ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Too many Senior management people with revenge, manipulation, and excepted actions ignored.Turnover is extremely high by temps, fulltime and Accredit.
Pros
Some honest people who owned up, team effort, and accountability on some levels with management and co-workers.
Cons
Revenge.Self-control.Blind.No accountability.
Productive and excellent work environment
Site. Sr. Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I learned that teamwork is crucial to success and achievement of established goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with multidisciplinary teams for Problem Solving.
Productive and fun place to work.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Great company atmosphere, always had events for the employees, felt like one big family working there. Typical day would be reviewing documents and troubleshooting issues going on with test procedures on the shop floor, which requires you to work with shop technicians.
Zodiac into Safran
ASSEMBLY, ADMIN, BALANCER, INSPECTION, TOUCH UP (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 24, 2018
I believe the management, benefit and pay should be better at Zodiac. Employees are losing morale and stressed out. I'm sure after Safran takes over fully, it will be better but until then there is a wait period for it.
Decent workplace but lack of advancement
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2018
Office was support of logistics and productions so lot of activities based on industralizations, various product supports including quality and Shipping supports. But it lacks more technical side of advancement unless you want to move to France- Other than that people are wonderful and diverse.
Pros
Good work enviornement and people
Cons
Very small oppurtunity for advancement
Good place to work, lots of future contracts
Sr.PCB Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 6, 2018
They give you many opportunities for self improvement. Easy work environment and they give you freedom to set your own pace. I have learned many new programs that I would not have had the chance to before.
Pros
Company get togethers
Cons
Some software managers are not up to speed with their software programs.
Buen trabajo
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  ChihuahuaOctober 21, 2018
Buena empresa con buenas prestaciones y ambiente laboral moderado.
Pros
Excelentes prestaciones laborales y permanencia
Cons
Es mal visto salir a tu hora de salida (debe ser al menos 1 hora despues y esta no se paga), Todos hacen de todo y entre más realizas, más trabajo te delegan (aunque no te corresponda realizar ese trabajo) y es tu responsabilidad
Nice place to work and advancement to other departments
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. My coworkers were nice and worked as a team. The work day went pretty fast. I learned how to operate a robot for aircraft brakes. The culture was ok and the hardest part of the job was fixing the problem when the robot went down. The most enjoyable part of the day was everybody working together as a team to get the job done even if it required staying overtime.
Flexible hours but stressful sometimes
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 1, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of daily maintenance requirements and working through countless maintenance orders. People would be upset that their stuff wasn't working but we'd fix it as best as we could. Management was god. I liked my boss. My favorite part was the flexible hours since I was going to school. My least favorite part was the sometimes monotonous work.
Pros
flexible hours, occasional free lunches
Cons
monotonous work
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  ParisSeptember 21, 2018
Working at Safrà Aircrafts Engines was a good experience for me in a 1 month Internship. The people out there are realy hardworking and enjoying what they are qualifying to.
Terrible environment to work...Unfair Management, Low pay, No advancement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHSeptember 18, 2018
My summary basically says it all. I was hired on and it was fine for about 6 months, then it all started going south. The management cannot be trusted. If you don't have a French last name you cannot get ahead, there's NO advancement opportunity. The minute there's any type of friction you'll be dropped in an instant, regardless of how good of an employee you are. ONLY MANAGERS get bonuses ! Pay is very low for the industry, ask anyone with any experience elsewhere. LOW PAY, NO BONUS, SHORT VACA TIME, NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY. Why would you want to be there?
Pros
Cons
See above
MRP Controller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Safran was a great place to work. I loved working there, because the schedule was perfect for me, especially when I had school. We would get two bonuses a year.
payment/ direct management issues
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 25, 2018
As a whole, Safran production associate isn't a bad thing to be. The major issues are that the pay is no longer consistent with work in this field in this area, and that direct management for the most part purposely makes employees jobs feel insecure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safran. Our community is ready to answer.