SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care

SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care Employee Reviews

enjoyable parts of the job
INTERNAL MEDICINE NURSE - CCU NURSE (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 24, 2019
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work under such an amazing internal medicine doctor. She put alot of trust in her nursing staff and acknowledged how hard they worked every day
Pros
learned alot
Cons
no lunch or breaks, very busy, bad managers
Working with cats and dogs
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 6, 2018
My typical day at SAGE would be in the Call Center. Very high volume of phone calls. Schedule appts, answer emails, help doctors and nurses with requests.

I have learned a lot about the animal field. The hardest part of my job I'd say is watching our long time patients being euthanized.

The most enjoyable job is seeing our patients get well again.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
short lunches, no PTO
Busy
Emergency and CCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 27, 2018
Sage is a very busy hospital with a good team but the management doesn't seem to care about its staff. The culture between the technicians was very good and everyone worked well together
Best veterinary company in the bay and beyond!
RVT (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 20, 2017
The partners at Sage have the ideal vision for veterinary health care. On a daily basis one can find great people working passionately to give beloved pets everything they deserve and more. Don't turn down an opportunity to work with Sage!
Dedicated, forward thinking teams
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 27, 2017
My experience with SAGE Centers has been exhilarating. Everyone from the front desk CSCs to the Vet techs and Assistants, the Doctors to the COO are incredibly dedicated to the success of the organization and the welfare of our patients.

If you are a hard worker who wants to learn and grow this is the right place!
Pros
Pay and amenities, dedicated co workers
Cons
Long hours are possible, we are always busy
You learn a lot about veterinary medicine
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJune 6, 2017
They're pretty generous with time off and schedule accommodations. Can definitely be a hostile environment, which management doesn't seem to take seriously.
Compassionate, talented team
Hospital Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at SAGE. I managed a great team, enjoyed working with the patients and their owners. SAGE is a 24/7 veterinary specialty and emergency clinic with 4 locations throughout the Bay Area. It's a great organization.
2011 Best Places to Work
Client Service Coordinator/Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 14, 2012
Sage Veterinary Centers is a great place to work. We do specialty medicine and surgery for dogs and cats primarily, but have seen some exotics. Working on the front line as a Client Service Coordinator I see everything that comes in and goes out. For example we see cancer patients, pets with acl injuries, dogs with IVDD (Intervertebral Disk Disease), pets in need of physical rehabilitation, cushings patients, addisons patients just to name a few. I have learned that owning a pet is not cheap, but people will do what they can to save their pet, their loved one. Working here has really helped me focus on providing value in customer service and to live and work by our mission:"To set the highest standard of compassionate, collaborative veterinary care that improves the lives of pets and people." I somewhat see my co-workers as extended family. We work well together to get the job done and respect one another to the point that if there is an issue we talk it out one on one and work through it. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job is when an owner has to euthanize their pet, even after all these years I have been in the field it still gets to me. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is seeing the smile on an owner's face when they know that everything will be alright with their four-legged furry child and the tail wags, doggy kisses(licks), and cat head bumps we get from these pets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care. Our community is ready to answer.

SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care Reviews by Location