Sage Dental Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Wonderful staff to work with
EDDA (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CO, Boulder, CO, Westminster, COMay 8, 2018
Sage offers a wonderful environment for interacting with patients as well as staff. We all worked together, there was no back-stabbing, and the atmosphere was very friendly. Paid well. Fast-paced. I will miss being a "Sage Girl" once I move too far to keep this position.
Pros
Good pay, great people.
Cons
Working through breaks.
Not a good place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 29, 2018
Manager was bad at her job, she was not fair with staff.only cared about herself. Having to travel to offices just to make hrs. They only care about making money. If you are fresh out of school this is an ok Job but other than that you can do better than sage!
Official response from Sage Dental
April 2, 2018

We are not located in Texas.
Could you have worked for a different company perhaps?

Very nice and professional
Dental (Current Employee) –  AnyMarch 10, 2018
Some managers they don't know what the he'll they doing.but doesn't mean everyone.I work with a Dr he is really nice and professional. I love my coworkers.
Horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 9, 2018
It is run very unprofessional and favoritism was crazy. The Operations manager had NO business skills at all. It is a revolving door, investigate before accepting!
Pros
offices were nice
Cons
everything else
sage dental fun environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Working at sage dental is great, if you're a new assistant corporate life is the way to go. Here the doctors are young and up with the newest dentistry.
Salary is the Only Plus Here
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2018
The salary at Sage was great, but that is where the praise stops. Upper management is disgraceful and provides no support. Most of the individuals have no clue what they are doing and come to their subordinates for help. Favoritism runs rampant which impedes any hope you have for growth. The best way to describe the working environment is that of a bully on a playground. Stay away by all costs!!!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Better off if you don't
Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2018
I have been in the DSO arena for a long time. This is absolutely the worst working environment and patient experience dental organization that I have come in contact with. The dishonesty runs deep and the integrity is lacking in every area.
Big company
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 26, 2017
If your looking for a temporary position then Sage dental would def. be the place to go. Management is horrible, although they do offer good benefits. In my opinion the West Palm, Lake worth locations are more conscious of the importance of Infection control.
Poor management at senior level. Gender/race bias very prevalent .
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2017
The Upper management is grossly out of touch with staff and dental professionals. VP of Ops brought same pathology she had at competitor DSO ( and recruited same people) to SAGE. Same dysfunction equates to same results. High turnover of doctors ( or firing of same) and staff. People don’t leave bad jobs, they leave bad supervisors. Georgia has the poorest of same primarily at the upper management level.
Pros
Beautiful offices .
Cons
Ineffective leadership at upper levels/archaic.
Dental Assisting
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2017
The whole 10 yards of assinsting our Doctors daily in every procedure that walks through our doors. On a daily basis we need to keep our surrounding sanitized.
there are such things like that.
Certified Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 25, 2017
Great company, but there are still a lot to change to take the company to the next level. For example, Hygienists need enough time to provide great quality of dental care.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
limilted amount of time to treat patients
Don’t apply to this company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 1, 2017
The worst company to work for. They take advantage of patients, they only care about money not a patients overall care . Management is even worse, very inprofessional, no team leaders, will not pay over time,will cut your hours.
Pros
Pleasant dentists
nothing good to say
Patient Coordinator/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  west bocaSeptember 29, 2017
Its a corporation and all they care about is money and taking money from patients and pressuring them into getting services they dont need! This place is a joke and they dont care about the employees nor the patients.
Horrible Company to Work for
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
When you are hired you attend a training which when you go to work in any of the offices they tell u its all wrong. Management is a complete mess no one knows what to do. they are opening offices every month and do not have the recources,patients, or even managers to run the office. They discriminate their employees and if there is one issue then the entire company will find out about it. All in All they pay $1 more then other companys and it still is not worth the complete aggrevation. I delt with the companys regional manager and Manager of operations they are supposed to be running the offices and they are the ones that have It a complete mess
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Does not care about emplyee or patients
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLAugust 7, 2017
This company is highly driven by numbers and money. Does not care about clinician sanity or patients. Constantly had to listen to office manager telling me how to treat patients. Huge in up-selling and if you stick to your ethical roots and treat patients equally without HMO/PPO differences you are a bad hygienist that does a "mediocre job". These are literally the words of our Hygiene director in a conference call. You have to beg for them to buy you instruments and the ones they do buy are very cheap and break easily. When they break, good luck trying to get them to buy you a new one because other hygienists that have been there longer will get theirs with priority before you do.
Pros
stability of hours that you are paid
Cons
discrimination between HMO/PPO patients - money driven, office is old and dirty, constant pressure to up-sell treatments, does not want to spend money on instruments, office employees constantly try to tell clinicians how they should treat their patients
sage
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 14, 2017
You will be challenged to your fullest potential. There is room to grow and multiple offices for possible convenience to be closer to your home. .
Growth , Teamwork ,& knowledge
Manager (Current Employee) –  West kendall , FlApril 25, 2017
I have worked for 24 years in other offices and I must say that Sage gives there employees training and support. Everyone makes there bonus we we do our work the correct way. Sage is truly a company that provides the patient what they need , they treat there staff right and do promote within if you are the right candidate. Strong management support and help whenever we need , they listen to their staff and make the offices a great environment to work in. Great benefits and pay along with staff being treated for lunches and to acknowledge their work I am very happy and proud to be part of SAGE DENTAL !!
Pros
Bonus - Pay- benefits -Growth
Cons
None if you love what you do
Supportive and Compassionate place to work
Support Center Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 11, 2017
Sage is a growing company. We have opportunities you would not find at smaller companies. When an employee is new with the company, there is a training program to go over policies and procedures and learn to use the computer software. The benefits are great. The health insurance has a wellness program where you can earn gift cards. You can earn a bonus every month if your office meets its goals.
Pros
Get your full 40 hours - you don't get sent home because your doctor is on vacation
Happy Camper
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 10, 2017
Sage Dental is growing quickly and there are growing pains with any company as they expand.. but its great to know you are a part of something big and you are valued for good work!!
Caring for our patients and helping them smile is a great reward in itself!
Pros
Salary and benefits
unethical company
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 7, 2017
This company was not for me, they focus on sales driven hygiene rather than patient centered care. The people who are rewarded at this company are those who focus on making their own bonus rather than putting the needs of the patient first. This is a factory that bases the quality of care on what type of insurance the patient has.