Sage Dental Employee Reviews

do not work for sage
Associate General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 15, 2018
The worst part of dentistry. discount dentistry at it's worst. It is mass production using the labs they get a deal with. The best thing for dentistry would be if all the corporations would leave.
Pros
Nothing here
Cons
discounted dentistry at it's worst
Poorly managed
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Sage dental is owned by a private equity firm. It is not owned by individual dentists or health care professionals. The J.Ds and M.B.As running the company don’t care about the employees or the patients that are seen at the practice. This is the brutal and honest truth. The company is very poorly managed and for some reason it continues to hire completely unqualified directors and managers. Turn over is high, from front desk staff, assistants, to dentists. The dentists who stay are either too old, foreign grads with poor communication skills, or just dentists who are unqualified for private practice. Sage is great for new grads to hone their skills, improve their speed, and gain valuable experience. However, I wouldn’t recommend any new grad stay longer than two years. Specialists can thrive in this environment as GPs are encouraged to refer so that the office can bill out higher insurance fees. However, you must be willing to see a greater volume of patients and crank out treatment.

It really is a shame that the company is being run into the ground by a group of incompetent decision makers. There is huge potential, however there is a critical disconnect between the corporate entity and its employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor management
If you’re desperate for a job, take it. If not, please read the reviews!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Sage dental will sell you a lot of dreams and hope when they get you through the door, once you’re in, you’re fed to the wolves. The only thing they care about is a full schedule and coverage. And when I say coverage I mean they want at least one DA working with the dr and they’re happy. They treat DAs like SLAVES! There’s absolutely no overtime , and they runnnnnn you off of the clock so you don’t get any overtime. A lot of the doctors treat you like nothing because they’re miserable . They except you to know where everything is in every office right after they hire you. There’s so much office drama between the ladies and you’ll see there’s one ethnicity that runs the company. They get paid more and they are favored. If you’re in a bend, apply and ask for a good pay because if you end up staying for whatever reason they will not give you anything more than pennies on the dollar for a raise. Lastly , all new hires are travelers, they will force you to travel, or they will say they don’t have anywhere for you to go. You’ll be a floater.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Everything, management, rude doctors, nasty offices, caring about money more than safety
Orthodontist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 11, 2018
Work with great orthodontic assistants. The office is busy and productive. The office is a far drive from where I live. I am not pressured by corporate to practice in a particular way. I am free to treatment plan and treat patients the way I was trained and in an ethical manner.
love my jobs
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 30, 2018
I have wanted for quite sometime to advance in Sage, They told me I was strong lead in the back, and it seemed to me that they didn't wanna loose me with working with the patients clinically.
Pros
Lunch and learn
Cons
no lunch breaks, never kept with their end of commitment
Great place to work at, Premier Implant Destanation
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 21, 2018
Beautiful state of Art office, offering great benefits for the employees, premier destination for Implants. Great management, beautiful spacious rooms. Amazing Red Head Portret Studio downstairs. Spacious well furnished employee lunch room.
Pros
State of Art Equipement, Nice professional Athmosphere
No advancement
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 18, 2018
Sage dental is very disorganized managements keep quiting many people come in go. They hire outsiders then with in there company that have no type of skills. When your review comes just expect a 25 to 30 cent raise. They give you more work for little pay and it’s more about sales then patient care. There insurance can run you from a 1500 to 3000 deductible and you pay 150 to like 400. Horrible place to work run because all they sell you is hope and dreams!
Great work invirment
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Sage dental, friendly stuff, opportunity and room to grow, the only would suggest management is rise payment and revise the bonus structure and the benefits.
Pros
a lot
Cons
payment rates
ok
Periodontal Assistant implant assistant (Current Employee) –  travelJune 6, 2018
its good pay,fast pace,try it for yourself they paid me good righ out of school.I love my dr she cool some of the co workers are rude but its the dental field
Wonderful staff to work with
EDDA (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CO, Boulder, CO, Westminster, COMay 8, 2018
Sage offers a wonderful environment for interacting with patients as well as staff. We all worked together, there was no back-stabbing, and the atmosphere was very friendly. Paid well. Fast-paced. I will miss being a "Sage Girl" once I move too far to keep this position.
Pros
Good pay, great people.
Cons
Working through breaks.
Not a good place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 29, 2018
Manager was bad at her job, she was not fair with staff.only cared about herself. Having to travel to offices just to make hrs. They only care about making money. If you are fresh out of school this is an ok Job but other than that you can do better than sage!
Official response from Sage Dental
April 2, 2018

We are not located in Texas.
Could you have worked for a different company perhaps?

Very nice and professional
Dental (Current Employee) –  AnyMarch 10, 2018
Some managers they don't know what the he'll they doing.but doesn't mean everyone.I work with a Dr he is really nice and professional. I love my coworkers.
Horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 9, 2018
It is run very unprofessional and favoritism was crazy. The Operations manager had NO business skills at all. It is a revolving door, investigate before accepting!
Pros
offices were nice
Cons
everything else
sage dental fun environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Working at sage dental is great, if you're a new assistant corporate life is the way to go. Here the doctors are young and up with the newest dentistry.
Salary is the Only Plus Here
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2018
The salary at Sage was great, but that is where the praise stops. Upper management is disgraceful and provides no support. Most of the individuals have no clue what they are doing and come to their subordinates for help. Favoritism runs rampant which impedes any hope you have for growth. The best way to describe the working environment is that of a bully on a playground. Stay away by all costs!!!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
run don't walk
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 8, 2018
When the CEO hired half naked women doing the bump and grind (strippers) for a Christmas party a few years ago, I believe that was a turning point for Sage Dental.....Remember most of the managers were female and did not think this was funny or appropriate especially for the birth of Christ event. This sums up the workplace culture at the time. I heard CEO was fired last month.Perhaps things will change within time.Also , .30 cents an hour raise ??????
Pros
making friends at work
Cons
sometimes working 12 hr shifts 3-4 days in a row
Better off if you don't
Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2018
I have been in the DSO arena for a long time. This is absolutely the worst working environment and patient experience dental organization that I have come in contact with. The dishonesty runs deep and the integrity is lacking in every area.
Big company
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 26, 2017
If your looking for a temporary position then Sage dental would def. be the place to go. Management is horrible, although they do offer good benefits. In my opinion the West Palm, Lake worth locations are more conscious of the importance of Infection control.
Poor management at senior level. Gender/race bias very prevalent .
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2017
The Upper management is grossly out of touch with staff and dental professionals. VP of Ops brought same pathology she had at competitor DSO ( and recruited same people) to SAGE. Same dysfunction equates to same results. High turnover of doctors ( or firing of same) and staff. People don’t leave bad jobs, they leave bad supervisors. Georgia has the poorest of same primarily at the upper management level.
Pros
Beautiful offices .
Cons
Ineffective leadership at upper levels/archaic.
Dental Assisting
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2017
The whole 10 yards of assinsting our Doctors daily in every procedure that walks through our doors. On a daily basis we need to keep our surrounding sanitized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8