Sage Dining Services Employee Reviews

Rather not say
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
Not at all satisfied working for Sage. The kithen and students at the location I was at were great. A lot of positive feedback about the quality of food presented. Again, I agree totally with the former Executive Chef from Georgia as I stated above. Unfortunate!
Pros
Great working hours.
Cons
No Comment
Not the best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDJuly 16, 2018
Management is not nice. They do not reward their employees for the hard work they do. They are stingy, and the owners do not believe in providing jobs to veterans. People work against each other and do not work as a team.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
short breaks, expensive benefits, negative work environment
Good work place but kitchen people suck
Steward (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJuly 15, 2018
I need more money for this job ,management needs to get it together and let me get a raise,also they act like they don't know what the school wants or needs it a year now and they still playing catch up I work for the school and for sage in the kitchen and sage needs to get it together or they out of here .
Pros
The school kids are fun to serve
Cons
Management sucks
this job left me heartbroken
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJune 30, 2018
At first i thought this was a Job that had fallen from above,but it was far from it. i gave more than 120% to my job and to the school i was located at. I trained all new hires as well as temp employees, and one day i was just ripped from my position and replaced by one i trained. when i tried to question the reason none were giving as i was treated as trash
by management as well as corporate. please dont apply here they will use you and dump u just as fast.
Not a fair and dependable company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 28, 2018
Company is not fair and care-nothing about staff only how much money you can make for the company no matter who it involves . GM doesn’t stand behind what he says
Fast paced
Food Service Director - The Pingry School (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDJune 27, 2018
Served breakfast and lunch to over 1000 students. The school was a very upbeat environment. The job was not difficult if organized and prepared. The feedback of the students was most enjoyable.
Pros
School schedule + camp during summer
Cons
The increase of allergy issues
Hated working for them
Utility (Former Employee) –  Rabun Gap, GAJune 1, 2018
They change everything about how you do your job, then complain when everything is taking twice as long. Managers don't listen, employees try to bully others. There was always broken glass, and you got in trouble for cups and plates breaking when it's not always the employees fault. Why in the world would you let middle school kids and high school kids glass cups and expensive china in a lunchroom?
not your first choice
Server (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 30, 2018
one of the managers tries to be your friend but then will go behind your back and rat you out in a heart beat. the other manager is very nice to the employees that are doing their job but will be harder on those that slack off and do almost nothing.
Pros
free staff meal if working double
Cons
no benefits, part time, poorly thought out management
Relaxed environment with a small team of a variety of workers and backgrounds, enjoyable and easy work
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 27, 2018
I enjoy working at Sage because not only do I get to socialize with my fellow students, but I get the chance to enjoy my coworkers while working in a relaxed setting. Here, we prep and or make food for students at my college and my usual job, especially on weekends is dishes and cleaning which is usually easy. Working during special events is especially rewarding because employees get the chance to serve guests as well as enjoy the festivities and food afterwards.
Pros
Free meals, paid breaks as a student, easy for time management, friendly environment
Cons
N/a
Enjoy working with my team
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2018
My team is like family . We support each other and encourage one another and help were the other person is lacking are in need of help. Overall it’s a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care could be better
Unique Job
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Bryn Athyn, PAMay 14, 2018
I would suggest people to work here. I currently work here and it is will always be open for me to come back!
I don’t have anything too negative to say about co workers. But I will say their communication skills needs to be fixed. It was stressful at times and also hours were always cut or fixed around too much. But I always remained to be on the schedule for basically a full week.
Internship Software Developer/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. Work life balance, very successful company with growth. Significant amount of software applications written in house. PHP, Javascript, SQL MySQL
weekly pay, great hours
COOK (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 4, 2018
Management at the site is a little wishy washy. Management can be a little difficult and the mood varies and thus the atmosphere varies. we end up with too many people quitting. so we have a high turnover rate. Which puts too much pressure on the rest of the team. Other than that Its a easy job. Easy pace. Most of the crew is very team oriented. weekly pay good benefits great hours.
poor management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 3, 2018
Students, faculty and staff were very respectful and pleasant. Co-workers made work fun. Manager didn't respect employees. He talked to us like we're stupid and dumb. Didn't treat or talk to us with respect. Did all my work at the end of day so I could clock out early so he wouldn't have to pay me.
Pros
free lunch, fun place to work
Cons
terrible manager
Like many other jobs, just know what you're getting yourself into
COOK/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Paxton, MAMarch 19, 2018
This job has been good to me, as well as the employees. Like a lot of restaurants, it's usually understaffed and overworked, so just be aware conditions may not be ideal. They do all they can to accommodate each worker and do give fair wages for the work at hand.
sage
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Crownsville, MDMarch 6, 2018
the loved working for sage , meanly because of the management and the teamwork from empolyees . prep food for the day and logged the temperatures for the day
Pros
management
Cons
healthcare
Delightful Employers and a Fufilling work environment
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Since starting at Sage, I have always enjoyed heading into work. There isn't a day that comes up where I have needed to dread going into work. What is expected and required is always upfront and the mission of the company is easy to follow.
Pros
Free Lunch, Helpful Coworkers
Cons
Time Management
Quick paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAFebruary 16, 2018
Perfect temporary job for high school students wanting to gain serving skills. Gain customer service skills to help with future jobs. I - monitoring food lines in a fast-paced environment.
a good days work.
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, MAJanuary 28, 2018
great friendly and educational. good people to work with. management staff friendly and helpful with your questions. Management staff willing to educate when needed.
Simple job to pay bills
Cafeteria Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Steady work, hours can sometimes fluctuate. Can get a flustered easily as everyone always seems highly . Definitely a stepping stone job, not something to keep for long run.