Sage Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not bad
Auditor& Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
Can support yourself with wages, but don't expect to ever make any decent money or even earn new tasks to grow and develop within company, merely experience to out on your resume.
great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Great place to work, learning experience, quick pace, employees are helpful and love the environment. Managers are helpful. But sometimes over worked.
Nice place, cool people
Cook 2/ Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
a typical day at the logan is like any other restaurant/hotel collab, you serve breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. There are very busy days and some slower days, The vibe of the day is generally based on which sous chef is working that day
Pros
free lunch
great job culture
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 4, 2018
Turnover is very high. No set schedule if your working on certain positions. Some managers are great, other higher ranking managers of the hotel are so inexperienced for their roles. No hotel director during the weekends which seems pretty odd. Most workers do pretty much whatever they want. Too many slackers, and of course you have other good hard working people there too.
Pros
Free food on Fridays
Cons
Poor Higher Ranking Management, Low wages!
i did not like work there
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2018
they had bad stuff and they had lot bugs all over the kickets any other stuff there word going on the hotle and they have not been clean the walls angthing was going on there
Great environment
Groups and Meetings Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
An awesome place to work with great a great culture. Structured and able to transfer throughout the company of available. There is a great open door policy. A typical day at work is filled with empowerment and team work
Great culture
Senior Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
Sage has a great culture! In the couple years that I have been with Sage they have grown in their real estate division. It has been a joy watching them grow and being a part of it.
Not a good company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Worst company to work for. A pregnant employee was told that she would not be getting paid while out as having a baby was not a life changing event...
Cons
I had an excellent opportunity working as a Task Force.
Force Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2018
Task Force Management with Sage was fun met famous people and Management always welcome you to the team and team building everyone was proffesional.I would definitely love to work for this company in Portland Oregon.
Worst job I ever had!
Night Auditor/MOD (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The 5 star rating in the "Job Work/Life Balance" category is because I didn't need it in my job due to the fact I worked overnight. The 1 star rating in all the other categories is GENEROUS because the company really deserves NEGATIVE stars!

TYPICAL DAY; Very fast paced because I had to constantly clean up after & correct the previous shifts' errors in addition to doing my own job

WHAT I LEARNED; A new PMS

MANAGEMENT; Has no business being management which consistently shows by the fact that they cannot keep anyone in the position I was in. Since my employment this company has gone though a minimum of 10 employees (I have personally seen the ad online) holding my exact position

WORKPLACE CULTURE; Favoritism

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB; "Babysitter" aspect as mentioned above

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB; The HOURS & the majority of the clientele
Pros
The hours
Cons
Too many to list
I enjoyed my role at Sage Hospitality.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2018
I was properly trained by one of the best cleaners aboard. i had a rough time getting to and from when it came me and my family relocating. I am grateful I added some housekeeping experience with Sage Hospitality.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Slight confusion
Innovative Place to work
VP of HR for Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
No two days are alike. Opportunity to travel. Development of talent is a focus. More technology is needed to keep pace with growing business environment.

Opportunity for community involvement and team building.
Pros
Development of managers
Cons
Open work environment
Not bad
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2017
This is my first time working in hospitality, but the turn over is awful and for the most part people do whatever they want to on the clock. The hard workers are few and far between and accountability leaves much room for improvement.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Expensive health insurance, low pay
Not the best
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
Management was often good, but in the wrong company. Sage does not pay well to their associates and the hotel was run down. Just not a lot of common sense to go around in upper management.
Sage Hospitality Resources
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2017
Great company with strong values in Corporate Citizenship. Wonderful leadership. Forward thinking culture with emphasis on People resources and employee development.
Friendly work environment
Bistro Chef (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 2, 2017
Sage Hospitality Provided a Friendly and Productive work environment. The whole staff worked together and made it a pleasure to work there. My favorite part of the job was the Customers...
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Lack of incentives
Good company depending on the business unit
Systems and Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2017
Sage is good overall. Certain business units are not as good as the company. This experience was good and exposed me to a lot of different things, it ran its course and I had to move on.
Pros
Great Perks Great CEO
Cons
Project management and vetting
Best Job Ever!
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2017
I love my job here at Sage Hospitality! I feel valued as an employee and see a lot of growth potential for myself and for my team. The perks are great and the leadership is transparent. They do a great job of highlighting promotions and celebrating wins throughout the organization, even though there's thousands of employees across the country. For example, there's an update that goes out every week to celebrate promotions, community service projects people participated in, even when celebrating when employees welcome a new baby to the family-- we all get to celebrate each others wins and happy moments, even if I don't work side by side with each other.
Pros
great benefits and perks. monthly fun events for employees, hotel discounts nationwide, development opportunities, community service, learning programs
Great company
Hotel Consultant (Various Property) (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2017
I have been with Sage for number of years, in the last I have been an interim for the company and I enjoyed the traveling and opportunity to visit, learn and apply my experience.
I liked the workers, it was like going to see my other family. I got along with mostly everyone.
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2017
I would say other than the rate of pay wasnt enough, but I wish I could go back if it wasnt downtown. Also with my rate of pay, I couldnt afford to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight