Sage Hospitality Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Director of Event Planning and Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2018
Great work environment and company culture. There are many opportunities for advancement, especially in Denver where Sage manages multiple hotel properties.
ok
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2018
Room for growth, it was ok, need more productive Management. Pay employee a better wage for the work that is require of them. Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you.
Pros
school
Cons
management
Culture driven company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 16, 2018
Sage Hospitality has a great culture, focussed on the hotel operations and the communities they operate in. Associates are an important part of their mission and their operations are quality driven. Work life balance could be better for the executive team.
Pros
culture, professionalism
Cons
work life balance
Sage is great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
Great company to work for! Offering several opportunities with the expansion of their hotels. Wonderful leaders to work for and a great culture and people are very appreciative.
Fast-paced environment training is available
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 3, 2018
A typical day at work includes preparing the dish pit, cleaning all pots and pans, communicating with chef about any issues. I learned how to prep food items, how to be a good communicator. The management was not bad, worked around your schedule and allowed time off. The hardest part of the job could be pressure under a fast pace. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Sage Hospitality is a great place to work with the right attitude. They have a very good benefits program. I've been with Sage for 1 year . I look forward to what's to come
Progressive Company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsMay 16, 2018
Sage is an upscale, progressive and forward thinking company, that is focused on the community, associates, and partnerships with owners. Enjoyed my time there!
Pros
progressive, upscale, log tenured
Cons
communication
Not bad
Auditor& Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
Can support yourself with wages, but don't expect to ever make any decent money or even earn new tasks to grow and develop within company, merely experience to out on your resume.
great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Great place to work, learning experience, quick pace, employees are helpful and love the environment. Managers are helpful. But sometimes over worked.
Nice place, cool people
Cook 2/ Cafeteria Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
a typical day at the logan is like any other restaurant/hotel collab, you serve breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. There are very busy days and some slower days, The vibe of the day is generally based on which sous chef is working that day
Pros
free lunch
great job culture
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 4, 2018
Turnover is very high. No set schedule if your working on certain positions. Some managers are great, other higher ranking managers of the hotel are so inexperienced for their roles. No hotel director during the weekends which seems pretty odd. Most workers do pretty much whatever they want. Too many slackers, and of course you have other good hard working people there too.
Pros
Free food on Fridays
Cons
Poor Higher Ranking Management, Low wages!
i did not like work there
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2018
they had bad stuff and they had lot bugs all over the kickets any other stuff there word going on the hotle and they have not been clean the walls angthing was going on there
Great environment
Groups and Meetings Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
An awesome place to work with great a great culture. Structured and able to transfer throughout the company of available. There is a great open door policy. A typical day at work is filled with empowerment and team work
Great culture
Senior Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
Sage has a great culture! In the couple years that I have been with Sage they have grown in their real estate division. It has been a joy watching them grow and being a part of it.
Not a good company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Worst company to work for. A pregnant employee was told that she would not be getting paid while out as having a baby was not a life changing event...
Cons
I had an excellent opportunity working as a Task Force.
Force Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2018
Task Force Management with Sage was fun met famous people and Management always welcome you to the team and team building everyone was proffesional.I would definitely love to work for this company in Portland Oregon.
Worst job I ever had!
Night Auditor/MOD (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYFebruary 7, 2018
The 5 star rating in the "Job Work/Life Balance" category is because I didn't need it in my job due to the fact I worked overnight. The 1 star rating in all the other categories is GENEROUS because the company really deserves NEGATIVE stars!

TYPICAL DAY; Very fast paced because I had to constantly clean up after & correct the previous shifts' errors in addition to doing my own job

WHAT I LEARNED; A new PMS

MANAGEMENT; Has no business being management which consistently shows by the fact that they cannot keep anyone in the position I was in. Since my employment this company has gone though a minimum of 10 employees (I have personally seen the ad online) holding my exact position

WORKPLACE CULTURE; Favoritism

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB; "Babysitter" aspect as mentioned above

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB; The HOURS & the majority of the clientele
Pros
The hours
Cons
Too many to list
I enjoyed my role at Sage Hospitality.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2018
I was properly trained by one of the best cleaners aboard. i had a rough time getting to and from when it came me and my family relocating. I am grateful I added some housekeeping experience with Sage Hospitality.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Slight confusion
Innovative Place to work
VP of HR for Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
No two days are alike. Opportunity to travel. Development of talent is a focus. More technology is needed to keep pace with growing business environment.

Opportunity for community involvement and team building.
Pros
Development of managers
Cons
Open work environment
Not bad
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2017
This is my first time working in hospitality, but the turn over is awful and for the most part people do whatever they want to on the clock. The hard workers are few and far between and accountability leaves much room for improvement.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Expensive health insurance, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.