Sage Hospitality
65Average

Sage Hospitality Employee Reviews

United States126 reviews
Great cultural environment to work in if you enjoy meeting and experiencing working with people from all over the world. Developing organization for employees of all ages.
Everyone at Sage cares about people, they want to help everyone they can and make the process easy and positive.

Customer service comes first and smiles are never hard to find!
Great place to work, loved everything about the place and company. I’m very happy with Sage Hospitality. I would definitely recommend this place of work to anyone.
Moved from Colorado to georgia and moved up to sous chef. Was good until they hired new team members at the start of the pandemic. I was furloughed for two months then told I no longer had a job.. Basically no job security.
Pros
Cool job
Cons
No job security
The benefits working under sage hospitality is fantastic. Not only is the pay great, the health insurance and othe benefits working with them are great.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The job was ok and easy. Lot of work but the team is great. I worked there for a little over a year and left to get more pay. If you like hotel work this is a good place to start.
Unfortunately my experience ended rather abruptly due to the Covid 19 pandemic. I had some health issues that inhibited my ability to work to the level of effectiveness for my position. At the six month period I was let go during the company furlough and was told I would not be re hired. This is unfortunate and I will be seeking help from H.R. to see if I can return in the future.
Great work environment, great team, great benefits. Sage wants to see you grow within the company and they are willing to give you the tools needed to progress in your career.
Chaos, it was a dumpster fire with no accountability.

In most companies, when something goes horribly wrong, management is aware, and takes steps to bring forth a solution.

What I saw was management sweeping things under the table.
I love the team I work with and everyone else in the hotel is great to work with, so it makes the job easier, but getting promoted or any bonus takes awhile.
It’s a great place to work in associated are always straightforward trying and do in there best to accomplish there job to keep our guest happy and satisfied
It's a good place to work. I really miss it there. The people or great And very helpful. I just love the working there. Has great review. Company is the best.
I enjoyed working for Marriott. The workplace was a positive one. Management was supportive. Manpower was always a problem since most hotel jobs vary by season.
It appears that Sage has lost their way.

Hiring and promoting individuals that lack talent, lack a connection with their team, and in some cases lack moral direction and values. They have continued employment of a GM with serious ethical issues, promoted leaders with recent disciplinary issues, looked the other way where there are professionalism concerns in their leadership and devalue the HR function at the property level. Meanwhile, they wonder why all of the work-horse managers and management talent leave their hotel. It is not only the money but the lack of belonging, decency and executive-level direction.

For a company that preaches Sage Values from Denver, they have lost their way in Nashville.
leadership is weak , no one cares including the managers . Not a positive work environment . Everyone hates their job .
Over worked underpaid . Managers do not value their employees . Management is burnt out and if you work in banquets there’s no tips . It all goes to the owner of the building !!!!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Due to new company direction, the position I held is being eliminated with no opening to retain me at my present salary. Sage it a progressive company.
If I could I would work there again
Cleaning was my passion. Management changed alot some good and some not so good.i made good scores when I worked there because that was what I liked to do...overall the people who worked there was awesome
I've worked for various hospitality companies, and I can say BY FAR that Sage has been amazing! I feel supported on a property level as well as from our Corporate Office. Our property is able to make individual decisions that benefit our staff, culture and of course our clients as well. In over 3.5 years here, I have been through many changes at this hotel, and all have been executed collaboratively. My favorite part of the culture here is how many people explore opportunities in different departments than they were originally hired for - lots of room to grow and find what makes you successful!
My days weren't horrible. Some days were better than others. I enjoyed a lot of my co-workers. The head management is very professional and generous. The lower management on the other hand could have at the time used a few adjustments. But then again nobody is perfect. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy during slower seasons. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet a bunch of new people from around the world.
Senior management doesn't care how many hours middle management works and will take little to no action to help or assist in daily operations. "Leadership meetings", daily meetings and unrealistic demands for deadlines drown you while daily operations compete to do the same while your GM shops online, looks for houses and goes out to eat for 2 hour lunches. Lack of supervision from corporate over senior

management.

managements

management.
Be aware to work for sage Means no advancement for labor workers. No employee meals even though there are two eateries on location. Pay is really low for downtown. You will need two jobs or a roommate to make it by. No promotions have been offered and its been a year! Everyone is super relaxed and cool to work with. The job is great But the Pay is horrible
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sage Hospitality.