Sage Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Unrealistic work load.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount about case management. The workload however was unrealistic and overwhelming. There was no support for case management.
Cons
No support staff for case management, unrealistic expectations in relation to work load
Typical Work enviroment
LEAD THERAPY REHAB TECH (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 9, 2017
typical work day
will to work with you as far as scheduling
majority of the hospital is a team atmosphere
can be fun at times
can be quite overwhelming
Pros
managable work hour
Cons
bad benefits
Great Place to Work
Inpatient Physical Therapist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2017
Worked here part-time and greatly enjoyed my employment with Sage. I would recommend working at Sage. Great community atmosphere among the rehab team.
Unprofessional New Administration Leaders
CNA (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 2, 2017
The facility it self is ok for the most part. But the entire operation is under new management with poor leadership mainly due to a new DON that takes orders directly from a floor CNA that's only been working for the company a year or two. If you want a calm environment to where you can properly work without all the confusion or turmoil whether you are a nurse or aide I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. Professionalism and job stability is a must at any facility and you won't find it here.
Wages aren't competitive
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2017
I've had a pleasant working experience at Sage Rehab Hospital. The most satisfying aspect of working for this company has been that the work load is reasonable. The work atmosphere is also pleasant. I do enjoy coming to work in general.
Pros
Reasonable patient/work load (usually)
Cons
Salary is not competitive. Morale is generally low. Often short staffed.
Inpatient surgical rehab
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2017
12 hour shifts. Direct patient care to patients recovering from strokes, surgery, etc. Medication administration, wound care, Iv therapy are main duties.
Pros
good staff
helped people get better
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2016
- Prepared treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Assisted in the treatment of patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment
Pros
improved patients ability to get better
Cons
Cafeteria cooked good lunch
Horrible
None (Former Employee) –  SummaApril 27, 2016
This just isn't a place I would put one of my love ones at all. The staff work their butts off like SLAVES and never gets recognized for their work. The administration staff is there only for pay they dnt take anything as far as the staff working with only 2-3 techs on the floor into consideration. This place constantly works understaffed and the Nurse Tech support never gets recognized for anything unless they're watching the cameras. I will not recommend anyone to work at this facility.
No organization!! lousy pay!!
LICENSE PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 1, 2016
I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers. I did increase my skills in respiratory caring for trach and vent patients. However I don't feel job security because since I've started here All upper management has quit, floor nurses, techs and social workers. No organization!!
Friendly facility
Cook (Current Employee) –  BATON ROUGE, LAJune 11, 2015
I love this job and the environment .The people are very friendly and fast paced. I enjoy doing what I can to please the patients and put smiles on their faces to help them enjoy their stay.
Fast pace Rehabilitave Hospital
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 7, 2014
Total Care for patients recovering from trauma/surgery...wound care,med pass,assisting with ADLs. Working closely with Rehab techs,CNA's to provide continuity of care.
Pros
Wound Care, total care of patients.
Cons
Long hours, chart checks