Sage V Foods

Sage V Foods Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews
I have been employed with sage v for two years. My experience has been a positive one. I began my career here as a temp and shortly was hired permanently. I was initially hired or the second day shift and after a year transferred to the second day shift. I a extremely satisfied with my career at sage v.
Been here 4yrs still below pay. Mostly people of minority till upper management. Management does not communicate with people. Horrible human resources short hours and argue about pay in n.v g .
Pros
Who you know can get you paid $20+
Cons
Just here for the check.
It was just a typical work day. It was more like a "train yourself" job. No one took the time to show how things was actual done. Management was poor. Too many chiefs and not enough engines. The hardest part of the job was working with some of the people there. Not enough pay. Ending the shift was the best part of the job.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Not to clock out to go outside or talk on the phone on 15mins break
Worst place I’ve ever worked at. HR is horrible! They need to be replace. When I started working there I had a few people warn me about the 2 girls up front in HR . Said they would do you wrong and if they don’t like you they will find a reason to get you fired. I was on leave cause I was in accident and I got a letter in the mail saying my insurance was canceled because I was terminated. Not once did they call me and tell me they fired me . I found out through my insurance being canceled .
Poor management you have to go with a supervisor in order to get respect within one year they got three HR managers I don’t recommend this job for no one. The pay is good but you have to work hard in order to make the order
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The worst manager and supervisors. Limited benefits, pay no good. overall you are not going anywhere working dead end job. a lot of jealosy and envy some employees dont want to help new employees. not a pleasant work to be. THE WORST........
Everyone work there did just fine, and dandy they love everyone. I was a machine operator in the Lroom a.k.a. the freezer. I worked in temperature is 30°. I help operations by completing task like shoveling rice, keeping my machine running, and keeping my area clean.
Sage have great work culture. I came in knowing some skills, but learned new skills as well. They also had great medical and dental benefits. Job security you would get a raise on how you work.
they team up against you and cheat you out of money you worked for and then deny your unemployment. it sucked working there and I hated going to work everyday
Seem to be a very unstable workplace and the HR department staff are unfit for their positions.
Was scheduled an interview drove 50 miles to this interview only to find out the person doing the interview was out.

Sooo you can't pick up the phone or send an email stating such them the lady really acted like she was on drugs
I work 12 hours shift 7am - 7pm, 36 hours 1 week, 48 hours the next week. I rotate weekends out with other employees. I've learned how rice flour is made, how there are different meshes of flour that can be made with making adjustments with the machinery.
Good company, problem was management not willing to solve issues. No structure within the plant. Long work hours. Learned alot about the flour mill, making flour, along with products with making, other products for other companies.
Peoople worked together as a team to get the job done under extreme circumstances. It is not a place to make a career but it is a place to work and pay bills
Working at SAGE gave me the opportunity to learn how to operate forklift and gain necessary inventory control experience. I appreciate my time spent at SAGE
The actual job of being a QA was quite easy, but the factory was disgusting, violently hot, and not well managed because the owner doesn't allow the people he hired to be in charge of what he hired them for. In the year I was there, we had 3 HR directors, 6 production supervisors, and the best plant manager I've seen leave, not including the numerous years long employees that left recently.
Terrible place to work if you're trying to move up within a company or want a raise every year. The upper management is terrible and would rather hire someone from the outside the knows nothing about the place, than hire someone deserving of a position that has been there for 5 years. All management will make your job harder on purpose just so it looks like they are needed. I would never recommend working here if you want to move up. You also have to work in extremely hot and cold conditions. You are underpaid and highly stressed.Raises are not given unless the owner feels like giving them.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything except the paycheck
I started there from the ground floor and worked my way up, because i was determined to learn more just than hanging bags and I recommend that if you want to work there, you can't be lazy or you won't last through the first month.
great working hours, and pay, team oriented environment. overtime is always available.. management was well organized, the work was self paced but easy to manage .
Sage IV Food is a place that you would love to grow with the company.. It has all the right quality. Wasnt nothing hard about Sage IV food... Its very calm and relaxed
lots of back stabbing and two face people. The turnover rate is ridiculous. 100+%. Its terribly hot or cold depending on what department. There's no communication.
The new hr manager doesn't really work with you she says she understands but really doesn't, never communicate with the supervisors on the employees. Management always makes it hard for the employees with not communicating what we are suppose to be working on and always changing things at last minute management is never on the same page