Sage V Foods Employee Reviews

great environment
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2018
I love working for sage V Foods good benefits good managers good employees it is a rice company and they are very flexible.If you come in the door knowing that you not know what you doing I do not have no problem with sitting down talking to you and explaining to you how things go and showing you first-hand basis
Drive forklift, or trackmobile loading railcars with flour,and unload ricetrucks along with ricecars and loading flour trucks
LOADOUT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARJune 21, 2018
First thing in the morning see what type of flour is running or going to run do my haccp test then I start loading either a railcar or truck with flour make sure there is a ricecar hooked up
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Hot
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor over Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 8, 2018
I started as a temp worker got promoted after my 90 day review the company was awesome friendly staff. Great benefits.lots of overtime can learn alot of new things such as fork lift and safety
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks healthcare
productive
Lead Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARMarch 28, 2018
Very productive environment. The work pace is very nice and the opportunities are very good. This job taught me how to work in a group and also gave me great training working in the warehouse.
Slow working environment with not very understanding management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 15, 2018
Sage V Foods is a nice place to work if it’s your first job or something temporary. As far as making a career here, I don’t think it’ll be a promising look. Employees aren’t heard out here and their opinions aren’t considered so pure left to do whatever the higher ranking person prefers and no one votes on it, his word is bond.
Pros
Paid vacation time and sick time
Cons
Management, maintenance, employees’ voices aren’t heard
Hard work place
Pack line (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARDecember 4, 2017
Put on your cool suite fore work wait for super to what you doing that day.How to run a packing line computer.Had to much management in one place .Work in the cool .paid ever week
Loved It
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed my stent at Sage V Foods. The atmosphere was welcoming. The employees were really nice and helpful. My manager was amazing. Unfortunately, this was a temporary position.
Great Place to work
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARNovember 28, 2017
This was one of the best working experiences I have ever had. Its more like a family atmosphere. People honestly love each other at this place. My father died while I was employed here. There was not a single person from the janitor to the CEO who didn't reach out to me. I will never forget the love I was shown from people here in one of the hardest times in my life.
Accountant
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 24, 2017
A typical day consists of billing and posting payments
My excel skills where challenged and improved as well as attention to detail
work place culture is great!
Hardest part was doing the same 2-3 tasks day-in and day-out
Most enjoyable part was the culture
New Company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2017
New Company was just starting up.

I learned how to test Micros.

Young Boss

Hardest part was, I worked circles around another guy and he was paid 3 times what I did.

Most enjoyable was freedom to roam.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Micro Mngmnt
Excellent work environment
PRODUCTION/PACKAGING MANAGER (IQF RICE) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2017
The company is a great place to implement all kind of ideas and models that can improve production. We are constantly investigating ways to engage our associates to learn processes and improve productivity.
Nice breakrom
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2017
Give you great guidance when it comes to doing the job. Plenty of tools. Usually a great core of guys that work there.alot of overtime. Work some weekends and holidays
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hot
Pretty lenient and straight forward, awesome employees
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 22, 2017
Advancement may take a lot longer than expected... the benefits are wonderful and the number of hours you can get in overtime are ridiculous. Only thing I don't like is when we have rice spills, hundreds/ thousand pounds of rice we'd have to shovel and waste.
Lack of true quality focus and job recognition
Corporate Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2017
Development of employees was lacking and minimal staffing was allowed. Was hired because of my knowledge of the RTE environment. The position had seen a high rate of turnover and I did last longer than anyone who had previously held the position.
cold warehouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 28, 2016
sage v is a good place to work, but not for me it's too cold and i couldn't get use to it, the hardest part about it is when i had to worked in the freeze below 0
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
cold
Great Group of People
Plant Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 31, 2016
Excellent opportunities for advancement. Management allows for independent or group work groups. Employees help one another out. Management is willing to work with your family life within reason.
Productive work environment
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2015
Productive work environment with a fast past atmosphere.
Great place to work. Just hard to work the spur of the moment OT hours as needed.
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2014
This job is hot, really hot, jungle hot all the time. Also, the pay is too low for the work.
Food processing company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, ARMarch 26, 2014
Sage V operates on a buddy system. Your work ethic doesn't gain you advancement.
Hard working job
Sanitation Worker, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  College Station, ArkansasJune 11, 2013
A typical day at work would involve dusting and cleaning the warehouse and food production areas. And on the weekends a full cleaning of the food machines inside and out. I learned to drive a forklift and become certified as well as a scissor lift and got experience dealing in a warehouse environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage V Foods. Our community is ready to answer.