Sage Employee Reviews

The office is very nice and co-workers are friendly.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 17, 2018
The office is very nice and co-workers are friendly. They offer many opportunities to volunteer for good causes. Salary and bonuses are pretty good.

Unfortunately the training is poor and some managers are busy covering themselves instead of training and supporting employees and correcting the known problems. The product is outdated and does not do what it suppose to do. There is a great deal of miscommunication. This causes mistakes and miscommunication as to what the product is reported to and what it actually can do. Which causes clients disappointment and makes it more challenging to sell.

You are also competing against other Sage departments for sales.They will be pitching competing products to your prospects at the same time. Which causes lost sales, sometimes for both depts..

There is a great deal of unexplained turn over. They terminate employees even when they are on or above quota. And without warning. They will tell you you are doing great and then suddenly the whole departments is let go.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
High turn over
Poor Management
Sales Manager/Product specialist Sr. - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 16, 2018
Poor management, no future plan structure. Was part of a purchase that was phased out. No place for advancement into other products, earning potential limited.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 10, 2018
For the most part it was a good place to work. The people were very friendly and everyone got along. The best part of the job was you could work 10hr days and be off on Fridays.
Pros
10 hours days
Cons
Healthcare
Good Job Experience
Marketing Analysis Manager - Sage North America (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 29, 2018
Good place to work. Normal changes in direction. Good tools and technical support. Good work balance. Working to find their next niche in the market.
Simple and Easy
Tech Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 23, 2018
Having technical experience will help tremendously at this job but there are plenty of resources for you there that will help you if you don't.

It's a fairly easy 9-5 and a great starting place for customer support.

Figuring out a clear career path there gets a bit difficult. You may feel like you hit a ceiling in a short few years.
Pros
Clean building, friendly workers, decent benefits
Cons
Career advancement
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2018
Fast pace job team work all the time. Very good work staff management is ok. Good pay. Downside is layoff for tge summer but you can draw unemployment but who rarely dies that tgese days.
Awesome Company
Supervisor, Customer Support Services (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 28, 2018
Definitely a place to work that gives a high rating of experience for all levels of career seekers. The culture here is a great fit for any individual. Company invests in the career paths of all with a passion for customer first.
Saint Petersburg Office Closed
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 23, 2018
The St Petersburg FL office closed and not all jobs were transferred to other cities. A lot of them were lost. They had a large earnings decrease. They are not quick to promote and the pay is low. They did give long vacations and have an employee learning center so the employees could learn a multitude of skills to improve their career paths.
Pros
employee learning center
Cons
low pay
Great Team
Virtual Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 22, 2018
the team you work with sage is great, there are always assets in place to come to solutions, and projects are always offered to individuals that ask for them. However, there is little room for advancing, and senior management doesn't really understand the problems of the teams.
Sage
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 16, 2018
Sage was a great place to work. However, changes in upper management and c-level management trickled down many compensation and job changes that made the job difficult in the end.
Pros
Great office environment; breakroom
Cons
Too many management changes
Was a good place to work and people were pleasant
Warper operator-KDP-Creeler (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAApril 30, 2018
All in all it was a great place to work. I just had serious personal issues I was dealing with. The management tired to help the best they could. But I was dealing with a lot of emotional distress. I didn't want to leave but I missed a lot of days. They followed company policy.
No consistency comp plan games revolving door
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
Do NOT do this to yourself unless you're a fan of misery. Job seems to be always in jeopardy. Finance runs this business so it is all about costs. The right thing is never done and people are simply cattle they are waiting to put a bolt in your head.
If you want to advance your career look elsewhere
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 25, 2018
No opportunities for advancement. People who are able to do their jobs well are few and far between. There is a revolving door of contractors that are under qualified. Yes
Accounting Software
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2018
Good company, good pay and benefits.

Company grew through acquisition, thusly lots of integrated amps and departments needed help in working with one another.

I had no complaints with the overall company, but I found my immediate mgr to be discriminative towards me and my performance. When she fist arrive it was all nicey-nice, but once she get her self grounded, she found pleasure in yell at me infant of my peers, for sales reports not being correct, although not my responsibility. Her main beef, was she could not get realtime data on Sales, although I ended my months and quarters above quota.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Manangement
Nice office but management is horrible
Sr. Training Advisor(Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
Nice working environment but ever department is different and it feels like you are working for a different company. The biggest con is management. The job can be really stressful and you do the job of 4 people but the compensation does not match the amount of work you do.
Pros
Free snacks
Great Place
L2 Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 11, 2018
Sage is a great place to work with sweet people and nice managers. I just need a job that I can either get benefits from for my family or get a pay raise which I did not get when I was made tier 2 support
productive workspace
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
a typical day at work.
learned lots of new things.
very company orientated.
very cultured.
compeitive pay.
overall I enjoyed working there the time that I was there.
Great Office
Leasing Assistant/Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 29, 2018
Nice office, I was at an apartment building not the main office.
Manager was great
Flexible
Co-workers were great.
Good Location for me at the time.
Low stress position
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay
Outstandng fun place to work
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Sage was a nonprofit organization for LGBT in New York. It was one of the best jobs I have had. Help those seniors find work, housing and general resources was indeed a pleasure.
The atmosphere was terrific, Great place to work
Pros
Free lunches, Incentive parties
Cons
Not enough time at job
Work Culture
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMarch 19, 2018
Sage had a good marketing process. They gave great training and afforded good support for their product. There was opportunity to move to different teams to sell more complex software. During peak season they provided they catered lunches. Each manager set quarterly goal meetings for their sales associates. Together you planned goals and expectations.
Pros
Managers were involved in your success.
Cons
long hours needed to meet goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight