Sage Employee Reviews

Great Team atmosphere with good Life Work Balance
Sr Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2018
Very busy, but rewarding. I started not ever using MS Office to becoming highly proficient at using it. Direct Management was awesome, we are still friends and get together today. Team oriented with focus on results and work life balance. Getting through my daily tasks before my inbox exploded. My team. They were the best part of coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance, Advancement from within
Cons
Healthcare
Ok place to work
Executive/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2018
When I went through the interview process, the things that I was told didn't match up to way I was treated while working at Sage. Management need to learn how to manage.
I was very productive and gained experience in Sales & Use Tax.
Sr. Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was to research complex tax issues and provide technical advice on state sales tax and local tax issues according to laws and regulations.

Very challenging job!
Workplace culture not a good place at all
Accountant Principal (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 1, 2018
This place is not good at all. The Workplace culture, not a good place at all. Hiring expert to work sometimes with people that do not understand the working process.
Workplace is great
Operations / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 23, 2018
Great atmosphere in the workplace. Consists mainly of sales environment. Company has a lot of perks. Busy days are at the close of the month. Loved the commroderie
Poor executive management
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 22, 2018
The company suffered from a CEO who focused on re-packaging as opposed to innovation to achieve sales goals. The CEO has since been ousted, not soon enough.
Big Company
Administrative Assistant to Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2018
This job was temporary - but the time that i was there was very fast paced. Even though i was a temp there the manager was very gracious and included all of the temps very kindly and involved us in all of company activities.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
temp
Product was weak in comparison to competition.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 16, 2018
couldn't sleep at night by selling it. Company had illusions that that product could compete with the big players. They were wrong
Management was absent and had zero accountability
just a statistic
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 15, 2018
nice facilities
nice perks during busy seasons
great charitable functions
you may receive 10 great reviews from customers but it takes just one mediocre review to knock your stats in to the dirt, unfortunately the mediocre review has a lot of weight
Pros
nice perks during busy seasons
Cons
job review is not favorable to employee
Not so good experience
Account Executive - CBC Atlanta (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
The company has huge turnover laying off entire teams, and if the company isn't successful they don't promote the sales team they will hire from outside the organization to fill spots of account executives who have left the company. Huge buddy system company where promotion or bonus structure benefits are paid to those who are close with mgmt/decision maker of who gets financial bonuses.
Pros
Surrounding community where you can take your mind off work during break
Cons
Poor sales structure
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 14, 2018
This was a great company to work for there is plenty of room for skill development and job growth. The employees are glad and willing to work with you and help you out anytime.
Pros
Great knowledgeable people to work with comfortable work environment
Cons
Took a few days to get get up in the system but as a new employee that's expected anywhere
great knowledge
IMPLENTATION SPECIALIST • BYTHECO (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 12, 2018
i enjoyed working and learning. training was solid, you are allowed to work remote if needed. a lot of skilled team members and room for advancement.
Pros
knowledge and training.
Cons
nothing
Management and Work culture not what it once was, direction of the company not promising
G&A (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 7, 2018
Sage has become a company with constant change and generally not for a positive reason. Moving the focus from the region to global management and decision making has not proven well for the company so far. Work/ life balance does not exist and the expectation is to do more with less.
Cons
VP, Directors, and Managers are obnoxious.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 4, 2018
The Directors, Managers and VP treat front line employees as if they are easily disposable and continually increase unrealistic goals with no additional tools and resources to ensure success
Enjoyable work environment.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  AllentownAugust 31, 2018
Sage was a retail, high end clothing store with a shoe store and a bohemian store. I did the bookkeeping, A/P and A/R and payroll. I also did bank reconciliations.
Pros
Great working relationships, no micromanaging, enjoyable team.
Cons
only part time and he was in the process of closing the stores and going online
Software support analyst
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 15, 2018
I supported 300 CRE software, which is accounting software for construction and real estate which is composed of several modules. I had a bout a weeks worth of training to not only understand the software but then give the impression to callers I'd been doing it for years. I also had to learn about accounting as the vast majority of the callers themselves didn't understand it as it applied to the Sage software. Fun times.

During my first year there based on their own standards I made the top grade which is outstanding, however there could be only a certain percentage of those "allowed." So I went down to the next category which was "Exceeds standards" but again, only so many of those allowed. Since I was in my first year and low man on the totem pole I got a rather mediocre rating of "meets expectations." I was also recommended for promotion but it was rejected at higher levels due to budget considerations. I'd worked my tail off and invested everything I am in becoming better and better only to get the same rating as a mouth breather with a heartbeat.

Over the course of the last year a lot of knowledgeable, key "Go to guys/gals" have left the job and taken their knowledge with them. Most of my co workers had left for greener pastures and they hadn't been replaced, not even with temps. The calls keep coming in but there's fewer and fewer people to answer them and they know less.
Pros
Co workers, awesome. Local management, awesome
Cons
I think the company is letting the product die
Accounts Payable Analyst
Accounts Payable Analyst - T&E Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part about my job is the environment I love the people I work with, it makes the day go by fast. My typical day is busy however I to multitask. I like to research and solve problems and every situation is different.
Opportunity to grow
Multiple positions within R&D (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Sage is a solid company in which to grow your career. It is organized and structured, consistently working to strengthen it's position in the ERP market.
Good Place to work
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2018
The people are great, the tasks are challenging and the management supportive. Company information is communicated across the board. Opportunities for advancement or learning different skills is there.
Pros
Cafe and Gym on site
Cons
parking
A learning experience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryn Athyn, PAJuly 30, 2018
Working at Sage helped me understand that teamwork is efficient in a work environment. Learned that balancing jobs help keep the pace when preparing or serving foods in the dining hall area. A typical day was being a team leader and working with the chefs to help prepare a meal. The managers were fair to student workers and helped teach student workers to prepare foods. The breaks were convenient enough where we got to taste that day food. The managers let students experience the wonders of cooking and baking. The workplace was an environment where people learned about the diverse cultures. The hardest part of the job was finding new tasks after everything was done. The most enjoyable part of working at Sage was the laughs and memories that everyone shared with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sage.

Powered by Comparably