Sagent Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Review
SR Regulatory Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 22, 2018
- A typical day at work is that you always have work to last you for the day.
-I learned that the work never ends and that there's a lot of products under Sagent's portfolio.
Great start in a new career
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston - MAJune 23, 2015
Sagent provided exceptional training and support for my transition to a new career in sales. I highly recommend this company.
Unhelpful, uncaring management
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 21, 2014
I spent a short time in the regulatory department, where everyone in the department complained about his or her job from day one. The environment was tense, and no one seemed to like being there.

Despite being brought on because of too much work in the department, I was given very little work to do, which meant I wasn't able to be trained on much. Most of what little work I had was given to me by one of my trainers, who spent more time telling me about how the process was when she'd started or how confusing or unnecessary the process in place is than actually training me how to take care of the work.

I was asked to give feedback on my trainers, and when I expressed concern that one of them was unhelpful and often seemed confused by my questions and had regularly given me incorrect information, I was told by both my managers that they knew this was the situation, and to ask one of them if things seemed wrong. When I countered by asking how I was supposed to know things were wrong when my trainer is walking me through a process I was unfamiliar with, I got a shrug and was told to do my best.

The day before I was dismissed, I asked a question of my managers because my trainer didn't know the answer. My trainer got involved and began to rant to my managers about how the answer they gave didn't make sense and how the checklist in general didn't make sense in light of the process we were being told to follow. I was happy, as I thought that the situation would show them how my trainer was probably not the best person to walk me through the process.

However, the next day,
  more... I was pulled into a meeting room and told that I was being let go because I wasn't advancing as much as they'd hoped I would.  less
Pros
VP of the department was generous, lots of celebrations, good location, good pay
Cons
Hostile environment, poor training, poor management, no concrete training process or materials to reference
Good
Sr. Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 22, 2012
Sagent is a good place to work. It is was a start up company recently became an IPO and is still working out the bugs but a fun team to work with.