Sager Electronics Employee Reviews

Terrible management and even worse work enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAAugust 3, 2018
Most people are out the door by first break the first day since how terrible it is to work there, with an turn over rate that is over 50%, its not hard to see why and to make the workers feel like they're doing good work they post metrics about how many on time orders and how many mistakes the warehouse did but never tell us we did good even if we hit the numbers they wanted. They like to micro manage everyone and make the people they dont like do all the hard larbor. Pay is terrible they wont give actually raises and will keep putting off your review for months unless you hassle them about it. Overall worse job experience I've ever had especially with the management, everyone seemed to have an ego especially the vice president of operations who has been heard to say in the office after they have a lunch meeting thats not with the warehouse workers to leave the left overs to them since they cant afford to eat.
Pros
free pizza at meetings
Cons
Management, pay and the overall the enviroment of the place
Great Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 12, 2018
Responsible for all sales activity in domestic and international territory. Products sold are stainless steel tubing, micro machined components and assemblies to the medical device industry focusing on minimally invasive, orthopedic, cardiovascular, robotic and sports medicine segments. Decision makers include Engineering, Supply Chain and Purchasing Managers with a heavy emphasis on building relationships with Executive Management.
Great Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2017
Was a private company that is now owed by TTI . Limited product family when compared with other companies of the same size.. Good to their people good company
Pros
health care
Cons
no stock options
Great people to work with
AR Ap Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MADecember 20, 2017
Great place to start off your career, unfortunately not much room for advancement. Company is not flexible with work/life balance. Can not work from home. Management in accounting is toxic and explosive.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
not flexible with work life balance
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Sager prides itself on promoting from within whenever possible. It allows for a seamless transition since internal employees know the systems, people and culture. We encourage our employees to apply, learn and grow within Sager. Having varying management styles that allow for individuality is acceptable as long it includes effective leadership that supports our values and culture. We are committed to our employees’ experience as our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that meets the varying needs of our employees.

OK place to work
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 17, 2017
Each branch is managed differently and therefore I can only speak about my branch
General Manager was a boss.. not a manager
Regular conflict between sales, purchasing and shipping/receiving
(us vs them mentality)
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Having varying management styles that allow for individuality is acceptable as long it includes effective leadership that supports our values and culture. We are committed to our employees’ experience as our employees are our most valuable asset.

I enjoyed my time at Sager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
I was hired to capture under performing accounts on a one year basis with an option at the end. Sager has some outstanding people and we were able to capture some of our targeted accounts.
Pros
Line Card
Cons
Management advancement.
FAE position
Field Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
The atmosphere was very political. The position was set up to find business in new customers and present customers. This caused a conflict with the sales people. They were reluctant to work in this atmosphere. Branch managers are judged on their numbers (makes sense) but did not buy into the FAE program. This cause a level of conflict. Which end up me leaving the company when a better offer was presented to me.
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sager is growing quite a bit and it is true that we experienced some change conflict over the course of acquiring 3 companies. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure team collaboration and to better communicate/share our company vision. Our Power Systems Sales Engineers and our Field Sales Representatives are working together to achieve our company goals.

Nepotism
VP Business Development (Former Employee) –  USAMay 2, 2017
Nepotism is king here. Since the ownership change (TTI) Sager is redefining themselves as a power supply value added distributor. Tight circle at the top with family members watching out
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We have always selected and promoted the most qualified candidates for our positions. For our most senior positions, the key competencies that we look for are leadership ability, vision and a strong desire to succeed. We have a diverse group of employees in our various locations. Sager is proud to be a solid, stable company that is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Sager is also proud of the longevity of many of our employees with 15, 20, 25 years of longevity – all the way up to 50 years with Sager!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 11, 2015
By far the best job I ever had. Great people and wonderful owners and general manager. Fun and always stayed busy. Worked closely with Sales Reps. who was always pleasant.
sager
PACKAGING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMarch 28, 2015
company took bad turn with the new owners, managers treated new people starting like gold, gave overtime to all the new people and took everything away from seasoned workers.
Great company with future goals.
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 5, 2013
Great company to work for with excellent management team. Future growth and market share goals have allowed them to remain a top distributor in the marketplace.
Terrible place
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 8, 2013
Dishonest and not very loyal.

They hire to fire....

Management is all family and all they care about is themselves
QUALITY CONTROL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAApril 5, 2013
I provided quality assurance for the processing and shipping of product to vendors according to company standards. Inspected daily orders for accuracy of fulfillment, evaluated the condition of parts, and re-routed rejected orders to appropriate departments. I learned ISO9001 standards related to my job. The management was hands-off if you knew what you were doing. My co-workers were fun to be around in and outside of work; we created a softball team. The hardest part of my job was working on my feet. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new concepts and earning more responsibilities.
Pros
local
Best Company i could have ever started with, always promoted within,
Customer Service/ Inside Sales/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAFebruary 20, 2013
This Company grew into a major market player in the electronic component sales industry. They cared and watched out for their employee's like no other. They promoted within. and they made you feel like you were always a wanted and valuable Employee.
Pros
inside sales sales seminars, and self teching from within the company. company golf outing and company functions
Cons
a busy sales call center that always wasn't distributed fairly.
Great Company
Report Directly to Controller (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 17, 2012
Close to home but not a close group of employees
Nice to work for family owned company
Field account manager
Field Account sales representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 26, 2012
Schedule and visit customers and or mfg reps
Focus on design creation on calls and log follow up
Very supportive management team and resources
Very close working relationship with inside account reps
The hardest part of my job was increasing account base
The best part was being with customers,reps, and the team
Pros
freedom, respected distributor, great team of people
Cons
not enough accounts
Over twenty-five years experience in Inside Sales; Customer Service; Management and Receptionist
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 18, 2012
A typical day working at Sager for me was to get as much new business and follow up on exsisting business. With Sager I learned some technical aspect about the products I sold. I enjoyed management and my co workers as well. The hardest part of my job was we did have a technical guy who always seem to snap when I needed questions answered. I enjoyed working at Sager because they were a company that gave employees on going training.
Pros
i felt comfortable with sell the product, due to training
Cons
two people in the same department as me, were always fighting and distracting my work, and my manager let it go on