Saggezza Employee Reviews

Decent IT consulting company
Solutions Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2019
Saggezza is looking for the "seventy percenters" but sells themselves as superior IT consultants that can achieve ambitious goals. They have sold me into a few great engagements. The customers that Saggezza is able to engage with are tremendous. The work that I have performed has benefited the customer greatly.

Saggezza doesn't know what I do or what I can do. Their performance management process reflects this.
Pros
Work with some great people, Engaged to perform very satisfying work.
Cons
No transparency, Arbitrary performance management, They don't pay for performance, They don't equip people to be successful
Eh
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2019
Management did not seem to have a good understanding of employee roles, both lacking in delegation and professional development. High turnover in my role likely due to that reason.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
hierarchal, lack of teammwork, compensation not competitive
Nightmare
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
They make everything sound awesome while interviewing! Do not believe it. Turn over rate is like a revolving door. Management on the client I work for is horrible. Will throw anyone under the bus to make himself look good. Management is never around for support or questions but is there to point fingers after you try to do the job you were hired to do. There are not that many clients as they would have you believe so I have to travel to work and there is no care for work life balance management could care less if you are not seeing your family etc. These managers got promoted because the company is smaller and easy to move up not because they were or are qualified to manage anything or anyone. Head my warning you will want to leave 2 days in with this management team, people leave managers not companies.
Pros
Cons
Very Bad Management Teams
Manager was a liar who threw me under the bus all the time
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 31, 2018
The manager made many promises that were not kept. Always pushed and always operated in crisis mode. I hired on as the #3 person in the group but became #1 after 2 months because the others quit. I quit after 6 months.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too manu
Bad
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
Saggezza and its recruitment team completely misrepresented themselves. I showed up thinking I was interviewing for an agency position but was informed during the in person interview that Sagezza was a consultancy and that I would be working onsite alone with no team and no agency support.

But the worst of the experience was being required to generate both UX and UI for a Sagezza client as a design test. They wanted to see my design process. I reluctantly spent 4 days preparing a presentation including personas, competitive analysis, annotated wireframes, etc. I had no idea that I was actually working on a client project as a requirement to interview. Terrible company. Absolutely terrible!
Pros
no pros
Cons
poor management, no discernible direction for the company
Terrible - Run Away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Promises, promises, promises. But very high turn-over, can't keep good people. Terrible management and execution. They'll promise the world but you will end up leaving dismayed. Take this warning.
Fast paced and challenging positions offered outside your comfort zone
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Fast paced and challenging positions offered outside your comfort zone. Go for it, if you like to explore.

Benefits are OK and client pipelines are not so well organized, thus more chances to loose clients.