Sagicor Life Insurance Company

Working at Sagicor Life Insurance Company: 33 Reviews

United States33 reviews

companymanagementgreatworkemployeepeopleinsuranceworking

Not bad place to work

I mostly do freelance with a couple different companies. They all have their upsides and downsides, but sagicor has worked out pretty well for my needs.

From the beginning you feel like a work family.

Enjoy the camaraderie within the different departments. Management is supportive if you decide that your department might not be the right fit for you and helps you seek out another that might be. I enjoy the day to day interactions with clients and agents. Their benefit package is very generous. I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for long term commitment.

Pros

Business Casual, Occasional lunches, Overtime, Management

Cons

Possible overtime

Sagicor Life Insurance Company insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Flexible with Work Styles

Provides opportunity for remote work/work from home but not readily accepting or embracing of new people. Many challenges upon joining which were terrible.

Sagicor Life Insurance

Sagicor Life gave me the foundation in insurance sales, and taught me how to understand product knowledge and be able to translate that to a customer to provide superior customer service.

Excellence At Its Finest

My coworkers are just wonderful. My trainer is the absolute best. Management are friendly and understandable. Everyone is bubbly. Raise please :D

Pros

Don't Worry Be Happy

Great office and work life balance!

I had a great experience working there. It was a collaborative yet competitive work environment. The work life balance is amazing and my managers were wonderful and supportive.

Pros

Free working lunches, educational yet motiving meetings, very supportive work enivorment, great office.

Cons

I cannot think of anything!

Great Family Atmosphere

Great place to work. Good people, benefits, and management. Felt like a family. Everyone works together well. Encouraged time off and strong focus on family.

Good job

Depending on who a person knew in the company would depend on what type of provisions some would be given. My position was very minimal and tedious, but it was secure. I always knew what was to be done in what order daily. I had a decent schedule monday- friday. Every other friday/thursday off at noon. My pay was very well. My direct supervisor was very supportive and understanding.

Loved working at Sagicor

Sagicor has a great work environment. They really care for and appreciate their employee's and they do a lot behind the scenes to make sure every employee is thought of and taken care of in every aspect.

Good job

My manager was awesome. I would work for her again in a heartbeat. Great people to work with. Very busy and skeletal crew, but very positive experience.

Ok Company

Sagicor isn't a bad company to work for. I feel that the compensation is good. Pay days are the15th and 31st. Vending machines are free. The office is small and laid back and the atmosphere is happy but the work can sometimes be stressful. Everyone is pleasant with the exception of one person. If you become an employee you will soon find out who she is. She's always nice in front of management but when they are not around she's extremely nasty but if you complain to management about her nothing will be done. The benefits are not good either.

Pros

Free vending machines

Cons

Benefits, parking, traffic when the Bucs play, the chairs suck

Productive and fun workplace

Making our clients happy is essential for our Productivity, Conservation and Incentive . In doing so we have to Reflect, refuel and refocus. It is a fun loving job with a lot of flexibility , it is such a joy leaving your clients with a peace of mind.

Pros

Staff outings

Cons

Wellness care

Client Care Analyst

Answering calls about life insurance policies and there weren't many managers ever seen around interacting with employees. Back to Back calls and the training was confusing.

Pros

Free lunch often

Working with the public on a daily basis and helping clients with their insurance needs and creating future wealth. Work schedule is versatile and works.

Professional place to work

Corporate Office is in Tampa, Great atmosphere, strong management team. Sagicor offers great Insurance contracts. They also are a Corporate sponsor of the Tampa Bay Ray's, and receive tickets for many of the games.

Relaxed setting, very family oriented

A typical day includes filling out reports, managing travel arrangements, catering, event planning, and assisting the executive team with all their needs. I learned quite a few people skills, a ton about the insurance industry, and it defined the type of environment I like to work in. the management is great, as far as my position went, I had daily interactions with department managers, I, however, cannot attest to what it is like to be managed by those individuals since they were not my direct managers. The hardest part of this job is being a people pleaser when you are just not feeling up to it. Everyone has a bad day here and there. I will say in that the best part of my job has been seeing how my efforts have helped other people, whether they be clients, or other employees.

Great business.

Great business.very enjoyable, wonderful staff and work environment to make any employee feel right at home. Any and everyone would love to work here at Sagicor but only a few are chooses

Weak mgmt no support

If you are a new agent thus isnt the place for you. No training or support. Branch mgmt is weak and inexperienced in mgmt. If you are an experienced agaent they will micro manage your every move. Upper mgmt in sales doesnt have sales experience. They squeeze nickels trying to make dimes.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Lacks managers that helps employees grow with company

Racially challenged company. Does not understand today's working youth ages 18-30. In forces rules that are not in handbook. Singles out employees that have not worked there for a number of years .

Fun work place

Cultural is great, good people very professional working area. I enjoy working with different diversity, everyone support and work as a team. Very respectful employee.

Work enviroment and opportunity

I've been with the company for almost a year now and found that they are very professional as well as helpful. I was able to build my practice from scratch which I was not able to do at other firms. They provide the support and lead generation to make it easier for me to build my business. I would recommend to anyone who works hard but just needs that support they are currently not getting to come here. Lastly, the products are very competitive with No medical records and No Physical.

Pros

Lead generation and marketing support

Cons

No salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sagicor Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits