Sagicor Life Insurance Company

Sagicor Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
Provides opportunity for remote work/work from home but not readily accepting or embracing of new people. Many challenges upon joining which were terrible.
Sagicor Life gave me the foundation in insurance sales, and taught me how to understand product knowledge and be able to translate that to a customer to provide superior customer service.
I had a great experience working there. It was a collaborative yet competitive work environment. The work life balance is amazing and my managers were wonderful and supportive.
Pros
Free working lunches, educational yet motiving meetings, very supportive work enivorment, great office.
Cons
I cannot think of anything!
Great place to work. Good people, benefits, and management. Felt like a family. Everyone works together well. Encouraged time off and strong focus on family.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Sagicor has a great work environment. They really care for and appreciate their employee's and they do a lot behind the scenes to make sure every employee is thought of and taken care of in every aspect.
My manager was awesome. I would work for her again in a heartbeat. Great people to work with. Very busy and skeletal crew, but very positive experience.
Sagicor isn't a bad company to work for. I feel that the compensation is good. Pay days are the15th and 31st. Vending machines are free. The office is small and laid back and the atmosphere is happy but the work can sometimes be stressful. Everyone is pleasant with the exception of one person. If you become an employee you will soon find out who she is. She's always nice in front of management but when they are not around she's extremely nasty but if you complain to management about her nothing will be done. The benefits are not good either.
Pros
Free vending machines
Cons
Benefits, parking, traffic when the Bucs play, the chairs suck
Making our clients happy is essential for our Productivity, Conservation and Incentive . In doing so we have to Reflect, refuel and refocus.
It is a fun loving job with a lot of flexibility , it is such a joy leaving your clients with a peace of mind.
Pros
Staff outings
Cons
Wellness care
Working with the public on a daily basis and helping clients with their insurance needs and creating future wealth. Work schedule is versatile and works.
Corporate Office is in Tampa, Great atmosphere, strong management team. Sagicor offers great Insurance contracts. They also are a Corporate sponsor of the Tampa Bay Ray's, and receive tickets for many of the games.
A typical day includes filling out reports, managing travel arrangements, catering, event planning, and assisting the executive team with all their needs.
I learned quite a few people skills, a ton about the insurance industry, and it defined the type of environment I like to work in.

the management is great, as far as my position went, I had daily interactions with department managers, I, however, cannot attest to what it is like to be managed by those individuals since they were not my direct managers.

The hardest part of this job is being a people pleaser when you are just not feeling up to it. Everyone has a bad day here and there.

I will say in that the best part of my job has been seeing how my efforts have helped other people, whether they be clients, or other employees.
Great business.very enjoyable, wonderful staff and work environment to make any employee feel right at home. Any and everyone would love to work here at Sagicor but only a few are chooses
If you are a new agent thus isnt the place for you. No training or support. Branch mgmt is weak and inexperienced in mgmt.
If you are an experienced agaent they will micro manage your every move.

Upper mgmt in sales doesnt have sales experience. They squeeze nickels trying to make dimes.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Racially challenged company. Does not understand today's working youth ages 18-30. In forces rules that are not in handbook. Singles out employees that have not worked there for a number of years .
Cons
I've been with the company for almost a year now and found that they are very professional as well as helpful. I was able to build my practice from scratch which I was not able to do at other firms. They provide the support and lead generation to make it easier for me to build my business. I would recommend to anyone who works hard but just needs that support they are currently not getting to come here. Lastly, the products are very competitive with No medical records and No Physical.
Pros
Lead generation and marketing support
Cons
No salary
I was honored to meet and exceed the customers expectation, with a remarkable team I could not have done it without them.
Cons
free breaks and health care
This is by far the most incompetent company and management that I have experienced in my career. Employees who lie, discriminate, and harass others are allowed to stay for years and are even get promoted.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
Incompetent from the ground up
I arrived at work. Started my computer. Grabbed some coffee. Logged into to computer & then the phones. Cleared out the Que and proceeded to check voice-mail's. Returned all my voice-mails and logged notes in each account. Assisted co-workers on a need be basis, all while still taking any incoming calls. Dealt very closely with all departments as most of my call require that I check for answer from them. First break. Then back to checking the voice-mail's again. Log back in to the phones. Now it's time to check on my assigned clients. Called each one personally and reviewed each inquiry. This was my favorite part of the day. Because I connected with company representatives, we joked and laughed with each other. We would discussed a lot of things from family, to our everyday events. Now its lunch time. After lunch it starts all over again, but it never was boring.
Pros
Celebrating all holidays with a company lunch.
Cons
Too many birthdays, and way too much cake.
My coworkers and the office are very nice at Sagicor however the advancement possibilities and the compensation are not on par with the industry for my position.
Pros
Office location and atmosphere.
Cons
Compensation
Arrived early everyday to help and direct new employees or clients. I learned how to become a team player and became a Florida Notary. Management had an open door policy and always listened to my suggestions. Co-workers were very professional and friendly. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the new hires, it could be a little much at times. I truly enjoyed being the glue, the face and the go to person when employees needed something.
Pros
Annual Bonus
I really enjoyed working for this company. Sagicor takes pride in their product and purpose,
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Lack of proper communication