Saginaw Control and Engineering Employee Reviews for Laborer

Good place to make a career if you dont mind work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 9, 2018
I went to SCE to restart my career after being laid off from another employer. One thing I can say; SCE takes care of their people. They expect you to work, not just come to work. If you do, they hook you up. I got 3 raises in my first 6 months.

I used to be a brick layer now I am running a machine. I like that they brought me on and taught me the basics. Heard some guys complain about the heat.. go lay bricks for 10 hours then get back to me. Fact is, SCE is pretty comfortable as factories go. Overall pretty happy here. Clean environment, frequent pay increases and paid training. The medical is great too . Good place to work if you actually work.
Pros
Raises come fast, good benifits, stable
Cons
Not really a con but its hard work. I knew that going in.
very poor management. zero metrics
labor (Current Employee) –  SaginawJanuary 27, 2014
Poor company. Advertise a good work environment but that changes on day one. Poor training. Horrible leadership. Horrible human resources. Play favorites., Stay away from this place because they will black ball you and ruin your work history.
Pros
wages are good until they tack on 20+ hours from job description
Cons
no time to every take a break, no metrics, undereducated management who feel entitled because of family ties
General Labor
General labor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 29, 2013
Don't come here if you're not ready to give up half your day to your job overtime is mandatory. That being said you won't know when your going home until about 20 mins before its time to go home. first shift is any where between 5a.m-4:30p.m. and seconds and seconds are 5-4:30 a.m Be prepared to work hard
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
lots of overtime, poor management, poor planning, awful work to home ratio
Family ran company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 23, 2013
Company is family owned/run. all supervisors are father and son and it's hard to move up if ever