Saginaw Control and Engineering Employee Reviews for Welder

Not Recomended
Weld Finisher (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 26, 2018
Very stressful environment, poor management, expected to set up and clean up before and after shifts start/end.
Poor communication with management, little to know help or guidance after poor training.
Stressful and fast paced job
Welder/Robot Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 13, 2018
Tough work and unpredictable hours and hot work environment made this place difficult to work at. The people I worked with were great but management was not so good.
Good place to build a career
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 29, 2018
I have been with the SCE for 9 years. There have been a number of improvements since I started. SCE is continually bringing in new equipment and updating the department and the company overall. The shop is very clean and organized. When I give feedback I can see results from my suggestions.

The work is physical and it is very fast paced. Summer can be hot. They spent 2 weeks training me before I started welding and then once I started welding there were people that were available to help when I need it. The majority of my first few months were spent grinding, but I was able to work my way up to a position that involved more welding.

The company covers the cost of health insurance, no money comes out of my pay check.
not awful
welder (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 9, 2018
hours suck, sweat shop like work enviroment, very fast paced. will be stuck at same spot forever. cordinators and management stand around and watch you work
Great people, hard work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 18, 2017
You have to be there early enough to get your own business done and get to your work station before the bell rings for the shift to start. You learn to work fast and hard. The management wasn't perfect, but they were fair. As an employee you need to understand how they are trying to help you and work with them, and they will work with you. The people are good to work with, everyone is trying to succeed. The hardest part of the job is when multiple areas require immediate attention from supervisors and production slows temporarily. The job was satisfying and enjoyable knowing that you were working hard. Other than that it was just hard work plain and simple.
Pros
access to wide variety of vending foods, fair pay, and great benefits
Cons
hard work, hot environment, miscommunication
Not a bad workplace! Great management and hr department. Run very professional!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 12, 2017
The best way to suceed is to be well respected and put your time in. Overall not a bad place.
The guys are cool. And you learn a lot well workinh there. Very well kept up building and property
Good benefits, decent pay.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 3, 2016
Upper managment is very entitled and disrespectful. Its either family or friends of the family in the higher up positions so there isn't anywhere to grow and move up in the company. Other than that, it is a awesome place to work for.
Terrible managment
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 10, 2016
This company purchases a ton of equipment that they do not understand how to use. Shifts change day to day and there is no standard for the work environment.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Micro managed by managers that are unqualified.
Fast paced and chalenging workplace.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 22, 2016
This is a good place to work. The insurance and benefits are great. The work is very physically demanding. I have learned many things at this job like reading blueprints, communication skill, and welding in a production type workplace
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Unprofessional supervisors
Sce
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 3, 2016
management doesn't care about employees and there is very little room for improvement if you dont know the right people
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
okay job
Welder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw miDecember 22, 2014
people were nice, benefits were nice. work wasnt the best. working nights wasnt easy, work alot of hours.
You need to be a mat to walk on and a woraholic
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 6, 2012
Horrible the only good part about it was the pay and getting many hours. i was working 55 - 63 hrs a week. Which made the job suck a little less but i had no time for my faily mon - fri. Managment are very confusing and not good at what they do. The pay rate was very good especially if you worked 2nd shift. But saying that means you work 5pm - 4:30am. They also had every other sat. wich was a waste of time there was never enough work to last the shift. Plus if you looked or said anything they didnt like you get walked out within the hour. and i only gave it 3 stars overall because i couldnt get it to do 1 or 2 even . Honestly i wouldnt ever work for any of the management again and i strongly suggest you dont either. Plus supervision is nothin but a joke especially the second shift shop supervisior who cant do his job. He only has that position due to his family owning the company
Pros
good pay and health insurace
Cons
extreme work conditions, very hostile work enviroment, plus supervision is nothing but a big joke they are all just drunk with power