Sagora Senior Living Employee Reviews

Worst company I ever worked for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The racism is unbelievable. Management doesn’t have a clue on how to run the place. Housekeeping supervisor made racist comments and would give the other housekeepers more work that way her and her friend didn’t have that much work. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone.
Decent job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 8, 2018
Taking care of residents is not easy. Memory care has to deal with a lot of issues and mountains to try to overcome. You don’t not get paid enough to be bitten, hit, pinched, or called nasty words.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Hardly ever clock out breaks, stressful, residents
My supervisor was rude.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
I applied at Adante Senior Living. This was my first job, and instead of helping me learn how to work better, my supervisor would just say how bad I was doing. There was a worker who slacked off constantly, and instead of telling her something he would make me and another worker do more work. Work that was supposed to be split evenly to all three housekeepers. They expected so much work out of us. Work to pay was unfair.
Pros
Residents were sweet
Cons
Had to pay for lunch, 30 min lunch, and most if the time you didnt even get the complete 30 minutes
Replacements needed
Resident care and services (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJune 29, 2018
Administration and nursing need changes. Not a direction and administrator doesn't help. There are bad attitudes all around. Need better manager who is honest.
Some managers and the staff quit too because of the administration there is unfair and unsure. Some state laws,are broken because nobody can do their job or show up
There are other places to work . Keep looking
Pros
Benefits available
Cons
Management and Administrator
Do not work here you will regret it
Culinary Director (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXJune 25, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked ran the Culinary Department with only one cook no dishwashers all they care about is the bottom dollar they don't even care about working staff 91 hours per week I did it myself for a month straight before I left.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No support
Smoke and mirrors
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
Everything is not what it seems when it comes to Sagora. Dishonesty and lack of organization seem to be a common theme at most locations ran by Sagora/Covenant Group.
Pros
Coworkers/Residents
Cons
Management/Sagora as a whole
Just another Profit seeking Senior Living Group
Sales and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 23, 2018
Sagora is no different than other Senior Living Groups. Profit at all costs. Their Resident First credo is words not action. They have little to no loyalty and let good people walk away. This Company will make you compete against those you work with and that creates a terrible work environment. VP will make promises and fail to keep them.
Pros
Good pay, Good PTO
Cons
Not a residents first organization
Great place to start
Memory Care (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 16, 2018
I love working with seniors and Sagora has been a great company to share that passion. In the beginning I got a lot of support from the corporate trainers and thrived on their encouragement. As they've acquired more and more communities, we've gotten less and less support. The training went from being very helpful and personal experiences to little benefits. Some of the rules on hiring and firing are detrimental to the culture of the organization. Loyal and hardworking associates are not rewarded enough and there are no negative repercussions for those who are not team players. I love my job and what I do but this company has a lot to improve on if it wants to maintain good quality associates.
Pros
Beautiful community, great managers, hard working associates
Cons
Little culture and support, no team building, little rewards
Unproductive
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 9, 2018
I explained down below how horrible this place is wouldn't recommend working here unless u can deal with racism every day and miserable people. They want u too work yourselves to death, but u have to ask for your raise. Lol smh!!
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Horrible administrators, unorganized
Excellent
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 26, 2018
Having worked in Senior Living for the better part of 20 years, I can say that choosing to work for Sagora was the best career decision I ever made. I love going to work again.
Pros
Team feel, autonomy, being able to do the right thing
Cons
Nice co workers, and lovely residents.
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXMarch 24, 2018
The pay rate at Sagora Senior Living is fair, and the benefits are good, too. Most of the employees are very kind and considerate, and also very professional as well.
It is a 3 story facility that has 6 different units, so the Medication Aide has to be responsible for keeping 6 sets of Medication Cart keys. There are numerous occasions when the Medication Aide on duty has to handle both of the responsibilities of working on the floor doing CNA duties,plus the duties of Medication Aide, due to the fact that Sagora is often short of help.
Pros
Pay is fair, the benefits are good.
Cons
Often short of help, and the management is unprofessional and inconsiderate to their employees.
Residents are never boring
Resident Services Director (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 6, 2018
Working with seniors and their families is the best part of this type of work. At times both can be challenging, but when you can make a difference in even one life or family it makes it all worth it.
Pros
Talking to seniors all day
Cons
Can be stressful
Productive and steady work environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  24802 kings land blvdFebruary 17, 2018
Working there you grow to love your residents but you are always moving and constantly on your feet but as long as you be comfortable working you’ll adapt to working there
Pros
Payed time off
Cons
Really short breaks no free lunch
Fun place to work
Maintenance/Porter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2018
No room for advancement
No room for any type of raise
Residents are awesome there and caring
Other employees are good work mates
The manager there is a smart woman but is micro managed by the corporate guy
Pros
Residents are awesome
Cons
Corporate is not for the employees or the residents
Wouldn’t recmmend
Resident Services Director (Former Employee) –  Brennity of MelbourneJanuary 30, 2018
I was a member of the management team at the Brennity of Melbourne. The building was filled with disorganization and chaos. Upper management aware of unethical practices and chose to sweep them under the rug.
Pros
Residents enjoy the food
Cons
Staffing and management revolving
Competitive Work Enviornment
Sugar Land/Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day started with 1-3 meetings in the mornings...while having to maintain average number of calls, tours, home visits as well as planning certain social events for my clients and residents. I learned that I am very good adapting to change. The direct management was not supportive and created a divisive culture. The hardest part of the job, towards the end of my time, was not feeling in communication with my direct supervisor, as much as I tried, she just didn't want to include me with various events and meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with senior clients and the day to day interaction with the residents that lived at the community.
Pros
Building relationships with the residents
Cons
Hostile enviornment
n/a
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 21, 2017
I actually love working at this location. The residents have become like family. I honestly don't mind coming to work daily, I feel very much at home.
Work is Work
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2017
Although Sagora Senior Living believes in a resident first philosophy, they do not believe in an philosophy that promotes a positive work-life balance. If you're willing to work for a disorganized boss that doesn't create deadlines or demands a completed product on the fly, with high levels of stress then this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice office space, convenient location downtown Fort Worth
Cons
Timed lunches, disorganized boss, unrealistic deadlines, high turnover rate
Not an enjoyable experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 12, 2017
Stress stress stress you are called in to the office daily For the littlest things something to don’t even have control over there except residents that have contagious diseases and severe mental disabilities off at the Almighty dollar They do not care anything about their associates employees whatsoever beware
Pros
Cons
Horrible working environment
I love been working in Sagora.If was the first time I ever been working like TEAM ,a real TEAM!!
Fitness Specialist/Seniors (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 1, 2017
We always have a morning meeting to do our best for our residents
•I learn from my bosses to work together as a team,not just saying it ,but doing it!
•The most enjoyable part of my job was to see our residents happy and see each other as a family from all the departments ,helping each other in any activity.I MISS MY JOB SO DEEPLY...
Pros
Great coworkers, benefits and environment.