Saia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful environment for your physical and mental health
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WA , fife waFebruary 3, 2019
Bad place to work , either at Kent Wa or fife wa , bad management very demanding, hostile , to keep you there no matter your emergency , place don’t care about anybody but SAIA , vacations when they feel like to give it to you , adsolute nothing organized , freight all over the trailer and damage , to much work in the minimum of hours to short you hours but to keep the same amount of work , crazy stressful , work there “ your grave “
Pros
Hourly and weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Very bad place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  River Rouge, MINovember 16, 2018
Very bad place to workNot very good place to work Always cold not gonna pay back break at work never give you any overtime never give you any days off
Pros
Not
Cons
Not
Fast paced, but will let you go when you start to put your foot down.
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2016
Good place to work. Terminal manager is a tool he will treat you great if you run a ton of bills per hour and come in on your days off, but once you stop going out of your way he will start to treat you unfairly. I worked at the Phoenix location for 2 years had a rough start in the beginning but became one of the best employees on the dock they let me go right before I was gonna top out in pay, said they were reducing the staff but shortly hired another guy after I was laid off. That just shows don't plan on this being a permanent job. Terminal manager will talk down on you like your a complete idiot if you make a mistake and try to belittle you. Management here knows there ways around Human Resources to keep there hands clean. Saia may be a great company elsewhere, but they have a really bad way of showing it at this location, lack of employee appreciation. Good luck.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Terminal Manager
Productive and friendly work environment.
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a dockworker because it challenged you to be a better dockworker everyday. Their mission statement was solely built on ensuring customer satisfaction through their best quality service in class. Understanding this helped shape my working environment by taking better care of customers freight. Supervisor and other dockworkers were very helpful. Upper management were very aware of the productivity in its region and company wide. Wages and benefits were very competitive and they believed in reinvesting into their company.
Pros
Establishing relationships and a helpful management team, Pay was great and overtime was there if needed.
Cons
Weather slowing truck drivers down causing delays in the work place.
People not held accountable
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2016
Working up to 20 hours a day, no time for family. Its seems there could be more structure and company procedures followed.
Normal LTL freight
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 13, 2016
If you like playing musical trucks this is the place to work. No regular maintenance is done to trucks. You run it until it breaks, or you have to put it out of service so that the electronic logs wont allow it to be used. Salary is right on par with other LTL carriers. The benefits package is probably one of the best in the industry. I worked at a smaller terminal and it was the unwanted child. The manager that over saw our terminal shows no real care for this location. You will work here as long as you dont make mistakes.
benefits
Cons
no truck maintenance, bad work place attitude
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2015
Great place to work you show up on time do what is asked and go home. No issues. Management is very easy to communicate with and works with you as needed.
Not easy to read the bills of lading
Data Entry - Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 4, 2015
Data entry of all bills of lading, great management and co-workers, I found that the info to be entered was not clear at all times making job harder.
Dock worker
Dock worker/ Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 24, 2015
Driving a a hi-lo is fun but challenging sometimes. It takes a tough person to survive the winters. You have to know how operate a forklift as if it was second nature. You also have to protect and fix fright all the time. Its a good job for students or a step in door towards driving a trucking or advancing in the company other ways
Pros
good pay, management, workers
Cons
Winters, no insurance
Good company
City Driver and Dockworker (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 9, 2015
I was the lead person of the terminal. I would help as a secretary in the office, in bound, out bound, city driver, dispatcher. The hardest part of the job was that I was multitasking. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learned how to manage all these tasks.
Pros
Overtime and good money
Cons
Dealing with the drivers
Good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2015
Not a bad place to work for someone looking to be in the Freight buisness.Pay is ok but don't expect raises to often.A lot of favortism here
Management has no clue!
City driver (Former Employee) –  Gardena, caOctober 1, 2015
The management here is really the issue. I watched a dispatcher ridicule a driver over the drivers ultra-Christian morals. The terminal managers answer to anything remotely challenging was "this is my first job man, I don't know what to tell you??", saving his own hide is his only concern and he does it very well. Will not stand up for his drivers lol the list goes on. Seriously, starting pay is 22.59 and if you can put up with the stress of not knowing if you are gonna work the next day because there aren't enough trucks or trailers or bills or whatever else could play out in the politics of this drama company then go for it. Overtime is hard to come by as is any sense of job security. Be sure to learn what favorites to play.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security, management
Overall good place to work/
Operations Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2015
Hours were good, pay was good but the overall atmosphere and morale was not good. The manager played favorites and was very unprofessional, especially around female employees. F Bombs on a daily basis and other offensive language in front of female employees, This language was used not only by male employees but also by the manager and any other upper management that would come into our office. Very Very Unprofessional!
it was ok
Diesel 1st Shift Lead Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 21, 2015
everyone gets paid the same, great benefits though, steady job, not very much overtime, might have to work holidays. good group of co workers
Productive and challenging with great opportunities to explore
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID BGOAugust 20, 2015
I worked as a part-time biller and eventually moved to full-time. As a biller I invoiced Bill of Ladings from the company drivers. What I loved about the job was I could bill and listen to my head phones. The job did take place during swing shift hrs which meant I didnt get home until 3am. Great if your single and no children. Great management team and company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
swing shift
Great Company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlAugust 4, 2015
Great company. Hours vary greatly daily and normal dispatch issues are the same at this company as other organizations. Overall, there is a great structure and the employee portal is excellent.
Harsh Environment to work in
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 3, 2015
Hot and humid nights on an open loading dock, where there are over 30 forklifts moving around at a time.
I sweat most of the time and had to wear a mask so i didn't cough up "dock dust" at the end of my shift.
Pay was decent, but it wasn't worth it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment
interesting meet different people everyday
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
working for this company was fairly new to me. It was an new experience for me as being an security guard. Making sure everything was safe and secure....
Pros
eat when i want
Cons
working outside
okay
Expedited Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek GAJune 30, 2015
It's an okay place to work, salary & benefits package is very good and the management is okay as well. long working hours but it's still an okay place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good money
City linehaul driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Not bad as long as you don't get sick while driving. Money is good and benefits are also good. Over all its a good driving job.