Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

terrible
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
The management was terrible but the pay was good. The work is fast-paced but they don't take the time to really train. Their attendance policy is confusing.
Pros
the pay
Cons
management is terrible
i enjoyed just having a good leader and just working
Class A CDL Driver/loader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
I would start by inspecting my tractor and the plan my route for the day and load the trailer for the most efficient time for deliveries. I did not enjoy the smell of the smoke from the engines.
Pros
great benefits and paid vacations and bonus
Cons
To many angry employees
Top Teir Linehaul Job
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2018
I've been driving 32yrs now and can tell you I've seen it all. Unfortunately due to family reasons I had to leave one of Saia's compeditors. LTL I feel is the best place to maximize your pay and benefits and have a life. Saia's KCMO terminal is growing as is their nationwide operations. I've been here 2 mo and I like the place. Negative talk about cameras yes, but you get used to the situation, cameras are in every drivers future.They will give older drivers a shot and welcome experience. This place has forced me to better my driving and she'd my bad habits of 30yrs. New equipment all around. I will park myself here as long as I can. If you want a personal life come here, don't waste your time elsewhere. Full scale pay after 6mo. Awsome!
Pros
Pay, Equipment, pretty laidback people, friendly helpful teammates, weekends off
Cons
Some things will seem a little different compared to most places, but it all shakes out. Strict on cell phone use.
Fast paced
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GA 30294July 5, 2018
Work is fast paced and you will work until they say you're done. They don't work weekends or holidays. Overall on the job safety could be better. Some forklift operators are somewhat out of control.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 28, 2018
Siai is a fun place to work once you get used to it. management sucks. You have to be determined to work at Siai. The pay is great, nice and friendly place to work.
the worst
Transportation Control Center Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 27, 2018
this is the worst place ever. supervision sucks and they dont care about you. they will use you until you have nothing left to give. they are all selfish.
I would recommend this job to everyone
Driver/Deckhand (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 26, 2018
the pay is great, the management is awesome they explain everything, They hours are great, Awesome home time, Benefits are awesome. An overall great company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
can't say nothing is bad about this job
Good place to wrok
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
Needed a part time job that paid good and i found it with saia it is a fast paced place but once you get the hang of it pretty cool place to wok at. People that work there are all friendly and willing to help with anything you need
It's all in what you make it
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2018
A typical day is busy, management depending on the department is ok. there are a lot of nice people that work for the company not a hard part to the job work is very easy
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
not hiring quality people and poor moral
Unorginized company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 15, 2018
Extreme stress through out company. Lack of communication and equipment. Very unorganized company with no management help from dock to the top. They don't care to give time off or to cover when an employee gets hurt.
Excellent pay compared to others in the industry
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 12, 2018
When compared with other freight companies, Saia pays its employees considerably higher than the competition. There is also a great Dock to Driver program.
Excellent company with integrity and a constant strive for improvement
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 11, 2018
Managed day to day operations and sales for norther California region over two facilities. Responsible for all aspects of the business: staffing, revenue growth, service levels, profitability, fleet management, team development, sales staff, and safety compliance. Developed a service driven and safety culture that produced excellent results. Most enjoyable aspect was team development and grooming key players to take on roles of advancement. Our team
Over a 2 year span improved from the lowest producing facility to operating at 134% of goal which resulted in winning the presidents club award for operating at the top 2% in the nation. Team building and leadership is my passion. That passion has been the key to my success. The asset side of transportation comes with difficulties or what I would rather call challenges. The most prevelent was making sure we adjusted to the day to day revenue fluctuations and control costs by being proactive by recognizing trends and or being able to react and make immediate calculated adjustments to absorb in increase in activity or decrease.
Pros
full autonomy coupled with excellent support and resources.
Cons
Would have liked to see more visits from executive staff help validate vision and company direction.
good pay and benefits, long hours
City LTL driver (P/U and Del) (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 7, 2018
I have worked for SAIA for 13 years. 10 as a city driver. Benefits are second to none. If I have one complaint about SAIA is that they run too few drivers for the work load. If you are young, don't mind working hard and don't mind long hours, then SAIA is the place for you. The hardest part about the job is sometimes what you have to deliver is difficult to get off the truck, especially on the residential deliveries. I will say again though, you are compensated well.
Pros
pay and benefits
Good company
Leadman/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
Good company but looking for something on 1st shift. People are good but hours are crazy. We really need to have three shifts. It might help if there was better hours. They offer scholarship for employees and family.
Poor working condition dock falling apart.
Outbound Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2018
Overworked if you are experienced...They let the slackers milk the clock and don't push production on them...put it on the dockworkers who work hard ....they don't treat every employee equal at all....Do not work for them...Just a number to Saia..
It was all work and no play.. very fast paced..
Forklift Driver/Dock (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 2, 2018
The job was not all that bad but it was very poor management..Very fast paced and they really don’t practice very good safety standards..It was all about cross docking that freight..
Pros
They did cookouts for their employees quarterly
Cons
Doors didn’t close, in the wintertime you will absolutely freeze out there..
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
The fellow employees made the work fun. Communication between dock workers and management left something to be desired but overall not a bad place to work. I genuinely enjoyed my time there.
Cons
Communication
Johns Creek
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
Worked at ATL Corp. Great place to work. All employees very nice but found some of them scared holding onto their jobs. Training is overwhelming and hard to learn basics
Pros
Great atomsphere among employees
Cons
cut throat in letting employees go and will lie for the the reason
An average job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 22, 2018
Fast paced work environment, high level of accountability for job performance, good pay, low level of engagement with coworkers, poor work/life balance,
CDL B Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 21, 2018
Come in check if load is ready, do deliveries and then pick ups. Learned to pace myself in a safe manner. management very helpful. Very team oriented environment. Sometimes worked long hours, but overtime pay was good and got paid every week
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.