Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

stressful
Operations Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COFebruary 11, 2019
I always feel like I have a target on my back and people in other departments say that people before me who had this position felt the same way. The office manager is one of the worst that I have ever worked for.
Hard working company
National Account Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Typical work day was producing or evaluating pricing for new or existing customers.

I learned the Saia pricing philosophy and procedures

Management is generally good

Hardest part of the job is getting the work completed by the due dates set by Saia or a customer

Most enjoyable part of the job is creating a pricing program that is a win win for the customer and Saia.
Pros
Pay & heathcare packages
Cons
Work overload for date sensitive pricing
Management hates fmla
dockworker, loading and unloading trailers (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Money is good but the management allows harassment to happen repeatedly. Imagine being on vacation and charged with calling off from work. Imagine going to the next in charge and nothing happens. There's limited chances to advance and there is very little reward for dedicated employees. Management is known for bullying and I've seen it happen too many times to count. If you just need extra cash it's good but that's about it. There's been fights on the dock after management was told before it escalated to physical. Another fight a guy tried to hit a co-worker with a broken board from a pallet.
Pros
Money. Benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Great company for benifeits
Dock Worker/ Hostler (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 21, 2019
I liked working at saia LTL.. But communication from dock worker to supervisor is very poor.. Training was pretty much getting thrown to the wolves. And you learn by errors after getting warnings or write ups. The point system is a little crazy.. They say call of your gonna be late so that you dont get a point. But you get one anyway. Trying to get them to overturn the point is a hassle in itself. The pay is good. Just dealing with management is the real issue. Kind of feel like they Dont really care. You get stuck with a write up to cover themselves, After they ask you to look out for them to get the job done.
Pros
Money
Cons
Time clock, lunches, going the extra mile can get you written up
Worst management team
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2019
From the local level all the way to Vice Presidents in Atlanta, the management of this company is terrible. It's a good old boy system where you can't get fired and they stock up for each other, not the employee.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and safety team are poorly trained
Bad management
Local P/D Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Management will right you up for small infractions, pad your file so when they want to get rid of you they n
Can, good old boy club, stay away you will waste your time there
Benefits
Saia LTL Freight
Little Rock, Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Very little support from the corporate level or from direct management when dealing with problems or pricing issues. If business opportunities do not fit inside their business model, forget it.
Benefits
Cons
Driver Trainer / smith safety system trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Good money . Good equipment . Fast paced makes day go by faster. If I ever needed a day off for something important no problem getting it. Thay have worked it.
Horrible
RPG Programmer (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJanuary 12, 2019
Saia was, several years ago, a good place to work. Now with a new CIO it has become an intolerable place to work. If you enjoy stress, being treated like a child, and low income then this job is for you.
Tough Job
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2019
This job is very difficult and the management can be demanding changing schedule and duties from one day to the next. Not a pleasant environment to work
Poor Management
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2019
The potential of Saia Motor Freight is limitless, but management somehow finds a way to get in the way. Driver recognition is sorely needed and Drivers are held to an ungodly high standard.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hometime is hard because of the night shift work
Very productive and fast paced
Warehouse/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 21, 2018
A typical day was very fast paced and I learned to pace myself to last through a shift and the management was fair and easy to work for the hardest part came at the end of a shift and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
the pay was good for that time period
Cons
slow advancements
It was a challenge...
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 13, 2018
Working for this company was challenging. There was a mixture of loose freight and boxed freight to work with. The pay was decent. Unfortunately, I was laid off due to lack of work.
Fun and Fast Paced
City Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 9, 2018
Leader in the trucking Industry latest technology and equipment, a lot of opportunities within the 50 states opportunities to move up in the company and transfer to other states or positions in the same state.
Pros
Competitive Pay Latest and Greatest Equipments
I loved this Job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2018
I worked for Saia for over 9 years and was the best job I ever had, I did not intend to leave but we had a management change at the same time I was returning from maternity leave and I returned to work before my leave was up, I ended up needing extended leave and the new TM let me go as a direct result
Great
Part time Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2018
Great Staff. Hard to find a lift when you come in on a late shift. conditions are normal for a dock worker not a bad place to work at all if I had to work there again I would.
Highly Competitive Work Environment
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 27, 2018
Very cutthroat sales department and commission is a big plus, but pay is ok for the amount of pressure you're under to make sales. Management could use a little work and morale is so so.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High turnover rate in sales
Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I love working 2nd shift jobs but the company moved
to far from my house I would have still been working there right today there is nothing I can say about saia the people was so nice I called them my work family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
20min break
No work/life balance, unreasonable and unresponsive management
Account Executive - Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2018
New management setting unrealistic goals, management not responsive to inquiries. Expects long hours of work, not thankful when employees put in extra effort to assist team
Cons
Bad work/life balance, unresponsive management
Good pay
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 17, 2018
Job pays well. Stressful and fast paced at times. Have heard that the experience differs between every terminal, depending on how busy it is and what kind of supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.