Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Saia is a good company to work for, however there are to many chiefs trying to tell drivers what is required. The problem is micro managing . Drivers and dock workers should be able to work more closely together. Management should take rides with with drivers in order to fully understand many of the complications to which drivers face on a daily bases.
Not worth the time
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I would advise drivers to stay away from this company. The management is mediocre at best, and the drivers are treated like children and constantly micromanaged by the safety department. No Bluetooth or CB usage allowed, and they will do everything they can to incriminate you with their driver facing cameras. Good benefits, but that's about it.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Short staffed, constantly micromanaged, incompetent management
Good pay
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
Fast paced and very time oriented. Honestly like any other job, there's the typical BS but the pay makes it worth it! Some of the managers and supervisors are fake but the money's great! Lol
Pros
Good pay!
Cons
30 minute lunch break
fast pace business. benefits decent
OS&D Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2018
very faced pace business. hard to keep up at times. spent a long career there and was happy to have the opportunity to work there. good people to work with !
Pros
good people, benefits
Cons
at times it would be hectic and hard to keep up
Don't even think about it.
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 25, 2018
I don't know about other terminals. The Bloomington Illinois terminal is run by a bunch of idiots. All the drivers working there now are looking for another job. Before you fill out an application find a Driver and talk to him.
poor
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
bad equipment, bad drivers,bad management, poor pay for the work that was done, no leadership from mangers. the daily goal changed everyday and no way to figure out how to meet the goal. Some good people worked there and made it bearablebut overall a poor place to work.
DOCK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2018
Work hard everyday and get criticized for everything when it goes wrong. You are never told when you're doing good, management is old and outdated. No one cares
Cons
good place for a single person to work
Local driver, Backup lead-man (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 17, 2018
No set start time for my position so planning anything was out the window. I like the management and they would work with you as much as possible. If you have children that you want to see more than just on the weekends then this is not the job for you.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
no home life during the week
Great management, great drivers, great location.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Granger, INAugust 15, 2018
Had a manager that used to manage my brother before I worked there, and she was fantastic, not just to me, but to everyone under her. She was fair, and only harsh whenever it was absolutely necessary, the drivers helped out anywhere they could, and often helped keep the spirits up for the third shift team.
Pros
Great people, great career advancement opportunity
Cons
Not heated dock, lots of snow blows in during the winter.
Productive place to work
Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 15, 2018
Only worked here a short time, when staying with my father, the work was productive, I learned a lot in the short time I was there, would have been a great place to work, if I didn't have to move back.
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Wasn't there long enough
Ok except for poor management
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 14, 2018
The co workers are ok to work with and there plenty of work for everybody and lots of overtime and again poor management I need better leadership to move on
Pros
Free medical after 10 years of service
Cons
Poor management
takes advantage of employees
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
Working 14 to 16 hours on night shift with no over time on salary. no family time. Not enough clear efficient communication with upper management, unrealistic expectations when they aren't ever around to see what is really going on. great benefits. was able to move up within the company for my hard work and dedication to the company.
benefits
Cons
management never being hands on
Fast Paced Work Enviroment , Independent Work
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 26, 2018
I started as supervisor and promoted in 1 month to work days as terminal supervisor, dispatched 10 drivers and had 3 dock workers an 1 office clerk I was in charge of. I routed customers freight for delivery and pick up daily. Senior and Corporate management was excellent and I learned a lot of valuable things through the 8 years I was employed there. I had been offered advancement to corporate office but had to decline as my family did not want to move to Atlanta Georgia from Florida. They understood and let me reside in my position.
Pros
independence, benefits, pay
Cons
worked 100 hours a week
its okay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
Okay place to work its a job good benefits not family oriented ifs fine depending on what you like to do for a living. Coworkers were nice to work with
terrible
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
The management was terrible but the pay was good. The work is fast-paced but they don't take the time to really train. Their attendance policy is confusing.
Pros
the pay
Cons
management is terrible
i enjoyed just having a good leader and just working
Class A CDL Driver/loader (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
I would start by inspecting my tractor and the plan my route for the day and load the trailer for the most efficient time for deliveries. I did not enjoy the smell of the smoke from the engines.
Pros
great benefits and paid vacations and bonus
Cons
To many angry employees
Top Teir Linehaul Job
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2018
I've been driving 32yrs now and can tell you I've seen it all. Unfortunately due to family reasons I had to leave one of Saia's compeditors. LTL I feel is the best place to maximize your pay and benefits and have a life. Saia's KCMO terminal is growing as is their nationwide operations. I've been here 2 mo and I like the place. Negative talk about cameras yes, but you get used to the situation, cameras are in every drivers future.They will give older drivers a shot and welcome experience. This place has forced me to better my driving and she'd my bad habits of 30yrs. New equipment all around. I will park myself here as long as I can. If you want a personal life come here, don't waste your time elsewhere. Full scale pay after 6mo. Awsome!
Pros
Pay, Equipment, pretty laidback people, friendly helpful teammates, weekends off
Cons
Some things will seem a little different compared to most places, but it all shakes out. Strict on cell phone use.
Fast paced
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GA 30294July 5, 2018
Work is fast paced and you will work until they say you're done. They don't work weekends or holidays. Overall on the job safety could be better. Some forklift operators are somewhat out of control.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 28, 2018
Siai is a fun place to work once you get used to it. management sucks. You have to be determined to work at Siai. The pay is great, nice and friendly place to work.
the worst
Transportation Control Center Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 27, 2018
this is the worst place ever. supervision sucks and they dont care about you. they will use you until you have nothing left to give. they are all selfish.