Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

Fun and Fast Paced
City Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 9, 2018
Leader in the trucking Industry latest technology and equipment, a lot of opportunities within the 50 states opportunities to move up in the company and transfer to other states or positions in the same state.
Pros
Competitive Pay Latest and Greatest Equipments
I loved this Job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2018
I worked for Saia for over 9 years and was the best job I ever had, I did not intend to leave but we had a management change at the same time I was returning from maternity leave and I returned to work before my leave was up, I ended up needing extended leave and the new TM let me go as a direct result
Great
Part time Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2018
Great Staff. Hard to find a lift when you come in on a late shift. conditions are normal for a dock worker not a bad place to work at all if I had to work there again I would.
No work/life balance, unreasonable and unresponsive management
Account Executive - Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2018
New management setting unrealistic goals, management not responsive to inquiries. Expects long hours of work, not thankful when employees put in extra effort to assist team
Cons
Bad work/life balance, unresponsive management
Good pay
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 17, 2018
Job pays well. Stressful and fast paced at times. Have heard that the experience differs between every terminal, depending on how busy it is and what kind of supervisors.
Tampa, FL terminal is a three ring circus run by bozos
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
Saia in Tampa, Florida is a complete joke. There is no accountability from top to bottom. The staff would rather play on their cell phones first, then handle their jobs. Customers freight is being destroyed by lazy dock employees, while management is more involved with socializing with drivers or social media. The terminal needs a "House" cleaning from top to bottom.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Very busy
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 2, 2018
Get ready to work hard, and long hours. If you are a self starter, and you learn fast, then this is the place for you. The pay is ok, and the benefits could be better.
Not Easy Working in Sales
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 2, 2018
Too much focus on metrics and not taking care of customers. Too many upcharges (limit access, reweigh/reclassing, detention) to battle. Loss of good accounts from the upcharges.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Frustrating & Stresful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2018
The culture at Saia was the worst, & it all starts with management. The terminal manager was never around & was impossible to get in touch with, didn't return calls or text messages. The morale was very low, if management doesn't care, why should the employees. Most of the other drivers were very helpful, and made the job tolerable.
The company was completely unorganized. They do things one way, and the next day do the complete opposite. Very poor use of drivers: more drivers than freight going some places, and more freight than drivers going other places. There is no forward planning/thinking, just reactionary. Very poor communication, and ridiculously long wait time trying to get in touch with dispatchers/ central dispatch.
The equipment is junk and very poorly maintained. A lot of drivers just park the trucks without writing it up or letting someone know what is wrong with it, and leave it to breakdown on the next driver. The ELD system freezes and crashes constantly, and when it does work it doesn't keep accurate records.
You will always be "just a driver" to them. No opportunities to advance and grow within the company. Drivers are extremely undervalued here
Pros
Pay & Benefits. Weekends off.
Cons
Everything else
n/a
Regional Fleet Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2018
I choose to not review this company in this process. This requirement needs to be removed to speed up this process. These reviews prove nothing in the overall process.
Would not wish this employer on my worst enemy
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lavergne, TNOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at saia consisted of never knowing what the management was going to do to make the day worse. I was constantly disrespected by management after over 4 years of being one of the hardest working employees they had. And after years of running the worst route they had and I finally wanted off of it the dispatch made sure I felt it. Do yourself a favor and keep looking past this place. Im still considering a lawsuit and that is the gods honest truth.
Nice people
City P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 17, 2018
Nice company. Nice facilities and equipment, compensation packages and holiday times. The uniform policy for having company approved apparel was very generous.
Productive, fast paced and fun place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
Fun place to work but if you dont work in a fast paced manner, this place isn't for you. Enjoy working with the people here. Everyone is friendly and good hearted people.
No comment
Regional Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
On a typical day worked as a Line Driver with plenty of overtime.
I met lots of other truckers from all over. Were it not for the micro-management and respect for drivers input, I might still be there today.
Nothing Good here
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 3, 2018
The company only cares about one this More with less. Even if you make rate this company will try to cut people out of the job. They do not care about people or their families only about More with Less.
Pros
8 hour dsy
Cons
no Job security what so ever
Management needs work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Deliver freight to businesses and customers. I worked in two different yards. The moral was poor in both. and there wasn't much team work. Management wasnt great at either yard as well.
Saia
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. I was the first woman they had ever hired to supervise the dock. I felt unwanted and undervalued. My decisions were always scrutinized even though I had years of experience in this field.
Was a friendly fun company to work for
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
The people that worked here alot of fun made it very easy to go to work . it was a great experience to learn something i had never done before im grateful for that opportunity
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Saia is a good company to work for, however there are to many chiefs trying to tell drivers what is required. The problem is micro managing . Drivers and dock workers should be able to work more closely together. Management should take rides with with drivers in order to fully understand many of the complications to which drivers face on a daily bases.
Not worth the time
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I would advise drivers to stay away from this company. The management is mediocre at best, and the drivers are treated like children and constantly micromanaged by the safety department. No Bluetooth or CB usage allowed, and they will do everything they can to incriminate you with their driver facing cameras. Good benefits, but that's about it.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Short staffed, constantly micromanaged, incompetent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.