Saia LTL Freight

Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

United States752 reviews
Featured review
Saia LTL Freight selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for
There is plenty of work year round . Saia has one of the best pay scale in the industry and offer tons of benefits .It also has a great and responsive management team . By far , working as a Saia Line Haul driver in Seattle has been the best job in my trucking career .
Awful place to work for
They run you like dogs and if you say no to something because you're uncomfortable prepare to get the full wrath form Saia. I was constantly being undermined by people who have never driven a truck a day in their life.
Is a great company to work for
I do mean it is. The only down side is some terminals are smaller and therefore offer fewer full time positions which also means not many benefits for part time workers
Pros
Friendly and great ppk to work with plus flexibility in scheduling
Cons
The only cons to me is limited full time positions which means no full time no benefits
They do take time off your work time ( thief’s )
N/a bunch of thief’s staring from main management and supervisores
They always wanting free and cheap work ... it better for them if someone do the job free
Great company/wait for background check to be approved before you get comfortable
Was a great company for the 2 weeks I was there . They have a strict 7 year no felony convictions,, mine is 6 years 4 months old and they had to let me go ,, but it is a GREAT company with a awsome night crew
Pros
Great night crew, pay, environment
Cons
They'll let you start without background being approved, then let you go if somthing shows up newer than 7 years .
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good
It is a good place to work. But it's not a lot of room for advancement. And it's a little disconnect from management, because everything is done automated.
Great company to work for!
I work in the newly open Albany NY location as a dock worker and then job and people in work with are great! I'm hoping the position turns full-time at some point.
Good place t work
Good place to work good pay management is good company is family ,respectful taken care of people .good hours I.pay is good,can be very busy in the morning night shift less stressful
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sometime a little stressful
Fun and Friendly
It was a clean and fun environment. I was always excited to go to work. I made several friends working there. This was one of my favorite jobs I’ve worked for.
Stay away
Stay away from this company, go to the dictionary and look up the word ANARCHY.This place is the most confused and disorganized terminal I've ever worked in,Truly a real masterpiece.
Worst company I worked for in 30 year career
The company loves to micro manage its employees, and has little regard for work life balance. Annual meetings are held during weekends with no time off provided for the extra days worked, which means you work 12 days straight. Incentive goals are not formalized until after the period ends. CEO and President did not forgo their salaries like many leading CEOs did, but furloughed many workers with no pay.
Tough environment but lots of room to get ahead
Difficult culture to get things done but if you do get things done it can get noticed very quickly. More authoritarian than democratic which allows for many things to get done quickly if people get on board.
Great company
Supervisor not so great. But show up to work everyday and you will be fine. If you have dock worker experience this can be the perfect job for you. Winters are brutal but other than that this is a great job.
not a good experience
company lied about what they had to offer. management and dispatch were extremely rude and hard to get along with.mistake going to company but you live and learn.
Productive place to work.
Good place to work a lot of different opportunities that u can get to experience if u are willing to work in cold or hot climates throughout the year good pay an good management.
The good was they start up pay is good, some of the workers are really good people. The biggest thing about working there it is clickish.
Be aware favoritism, point system, the managers would take off 1/2 pts for their favorites. You would get a point if you were sick and you had sick time. God forbid you have a accident, you have proof, you follow the rules you get point a full or a half point. Nothing in place for employees to move up in the company, unless you were buttocks kisser if buttocks and a yes person.
Took forever to become full-time. Even with numbers as high and higher than the people that have more experience, still overlooked. Hopefully this changes, no other complaints
Not enough money to put up with thier BS
They would check that drivers were wearing steel toe boots with a hammer. Scare tactics every day. Managers are scared of all there superiors. Grown men acting like children, sad.
Not bad at all.
Overall the company is good. I didn't have any issues at all while working there. The hours an pay are some of the best in ltl. I didn't have any trouble with hours an home an work life.
It is a nasty place to work
Terrible company to work for they don’t take care of the customers or people equipment sucks I am glad I don’t work there any more!!! The place is out dated
Pros
Cons
Don’t know
Poor management very controlling u
No order corporate makes the decision over TM which creates a lot of unorganized situation of running the terminal . Corporate does the local routes which they don’t know the area nor the type of freight the customer has.some have freight you can’t move with pallet jack and don’t have an dock and it would be loaded in nose Trl oftea
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9