Saia LTL Freight

Memphis, TN28 reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,015 reviews
terminaldockfreightltldrivertrailercameratruck

Cameras in truck watching 24/7

Good pay, good benefits, but takes awhile to get a route. Constantly watching the cameras and getting write up for silly stuff that can’t help or avoid. Strict cell phone policy as well.

Easy but No life outside work

Very basic job responsibilities. I unloaded trailers taking the freight and loading on to respective trailer. Work alot of hours but you make a ton of money.

Saia LTL Freight insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Prepare to work

It is a very, very fast paced job that requires constant awareness and constant up and down on all pieces of heavy equipment. It is a nasty job so have something to change into after your shift

Overall Good Company

Saia provides you with great learning tools and education to be successful. They offer great benefits and very fair salaries with bonus potential. Their managers professionalism vary from terminal to terminal. Memphis managers are lacking in communication skills with their employees.

Great

Outstanding company to become a part of winning environment wonderful great customer service and relationships outstanding equipment and income and benefits

Fast paced and stressful

They used to focus on quality over quantity when I started. Now they are pushing production and care more about quantity. And it becomes borderline harassment if you dont make the production numbers. They've put penalties in place if you put freight in a bay instead of the trailer, thus making you work twice as hard to make your numbers. Good pay though.

Overall a good company

Hard work. Good pay. Just do your job. That is all it takes to make it. Out of the MPS Terminal management is easy to work with. Again the key is just do your part. You will average 2500 miles a week. Some weeks are better than others. Some weeks 3000 plus miles.

Great

Great Staff. Hard to find a lift when you come in on a late shift. conditions are normal for a dock worker not a bad place to work at all if I had to work there again I would.

Saia

I did not enjoy working for this company. I was the first woman they had ever hired to supervise the dock. I felt unwanted and undervalued. My decisions were always scrutinized even though I had years of experience in this field.

poor

bad equipment, bad drivers,bad management, poor pay for the work that was done, no leadership from mangers. the daily goal changed everyday and no way to figure out how to meet the goal. Some good people worked there and made it bearablebut overall a poor place to work.

hard work very stressful

great job have to know someone to get in work conditions sucked inadequate break rooms and bathrooms open dock so freezing in the winter dying in the summer

Pros

great pay

Cons

short breaks

Pay's well, Has great benifits

Great Pay and Benifits with room to advance and make a good Salary. The Work and Environment is Exausting and in my Opinion, not worth the money......

Pros

Pay, Benifits

Cons

Work Environment, Long Hours

Saia

The work is not hard but the management can be very unprofessional and derogatory. The culture is pretty good amongst your coworkers but they will schedule mandatory work on your off days.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Terrible management

Cut throat double standards

Don't appreciate employees offer great benefit but look for ways to fire you when you become eligible have double standards for cit drivers vs road drivers

Pros

Decent pay

Very Poorly Manage

Left this company because of Irreconcilable Differences.Terrible operation which I thought i could make a difference. Should have paid attention to the company reviews.

Pros

Cons

Poorly managed

Long work days, good pay, but you work on a dock.

If your looking for a job, Saia is the place. Not a career long term at Saia. Opportunity for advancement is very slim due to the fact that their aren't many positions to advance to. If your lucky enough to be a supervisor, you could easily get stuck there.

as a driver there .

The supervisors our unfair to the drivers ,u got no one too hear u , everybody is on butty plan,think they can talk u any type of way.they want u run,run like u don't got no life,don't even be wanting to get u back on weekends if u don't let them know,

Overtime?

Decent company to work for. Standard insurance. You don't get overtime unless you work more than 45 hours in a week. Don't know how that's legal. Decent pay raises once you're full time. Work/life balance is horrible unless you're single and have no friends. Open dock which means in the summer you're miserable because there's no A/C and freezing in the winter. Management has high standards for new hires. Expecting a high number of bills per hour regardless of forklift experience.

Pros

Pay

Cons

no overtime until you work over 45 hours in a week, only get two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch even though you're working 10-12 hours

Co-workers for very helpful

Not enough room to grow with the company a lot of moving parts work days very heavy at times but some were slow also. I wasn't look at for my work ethic or job safety or productive on a day to day bases

Pros

great learing tool

long work days for lots of overtime

long work days for lots of overtime. Great health care plain and benfits. Cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. 12 hour work shift 6 days a week during peak season.

Pros

good pay

Productive fast paced

Input invoices from city p&d, answer heavy phone calls, assist with overages, and shortages on freight. Help city dispatch with pick-ups Team players are a must to accomplish a great working place No room for advancement, hours cut

Pros

able to work without supervision

Cons

hours cut and no overtime allowed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Saia LTL Freight with

Learn about Saia LTL Freight in Memphis, TN

• Saia LTL Freight
  • Memphis, TN
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?