SAIL at Ferncliff Manor

SAIL at Ferncliff Manor Employee Reviews

I like working at Ferncliff. It can be too slow for me but I love the kids and my co-workers. Of course we could get paid more because we do a lot. stressful but rewarding environment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Low pay and stressful
Terrible place to work. Toxic environment that if you are in too long can have an affect on your mental and emotional health. Favoritisms all throughout overall a poorly run facility who puts up an act whenever the State or orientation comes around.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything other than overtime
There is no respect, no help, and there’s no moving forward in this job. Only overtime hours. Supervisors and Managers think they can talk to anyone any type of way. There is also a lot of favoritism.
This place is a modern day willow brook The kids aren't learning new behaviors The company lacks when it comes to treatment plans.Management treat employee's as slaves and show no type of support. This place is always short staff and nobody steps in when staff gets hurt. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. They will work you like a slave.
Pros
I had an awesome supervisor
Cons
pay rate, lack of support
Great working environment. well organized and fun workplace with play grounds and school for kids with disabilities. Children with disability are not weird or strange. They want what everyone wants. there isn't any hard part to this job. All you have to do is treat these children the same way you want your children to be treated. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know and work with the children.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Love working with my residents and co workers. ive learned so much working there, however now there is new management and less pay. new managers does not comply with workers.
Everyone is treated wonderful here. The managers are very compassionate toward residents and staff. Coworkers treat residents with love and work as a team.
Having fun with the kids, help them to be independent, how to eat, how to take a shower, how to get dress. I learned to be more patient,have more compassion My co workers are people from different countries the best part of this is learn about the others cultures The hardest part of the job is the behavior of the young people with special needs the most enjoyable part is the love that they show to me
Pros
Bonus, health insurance, good breaks
Cons
Ferncliff Manor is a wonderful place which provides excellent care, education and activities for each child. Each child is made to reach their full potential which they are capable of doing. They are examined, given medications, and are kept clean and well fed. All of the staff and everyone associated with each child is very dedicated and caring to the child. It is a very professional and great place to work at, from the top with the director all the way to the people who actually care for, feed, bathe and dress the childre. There are physical therapists on staff, teachers, nurses, doctor, social workers and every possible type of assistance made available for the child.
Pros
Part time worker
Cons
Part time worker
I enjoyed working with the staff and population of this residency.
A very dedicated staff that never give up on a child despite their challenges. The commute was very difficult for me.
Each day is different, you learn more about yourself and something new and speical about each child every day. A great place to figure out what your strenths and weeknesses are and improve your weeknesses and master those strenths. The children are the educators and staff are the students. The children at ferncliff are speical and have a way of stealing the hearts of every staff member.
Pros
great children and wonderful staff, amazing learning environment
Cons
short lunch breaks
Working at Ferncliff is a very hands on job. You grow to love the kids and want to see them progress in life.