SAILS Group Employee Reviews

Worst Company to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 4, 2019
This place is very unprofessional and stressful to work for, because of poor managment. The Hr of Sails currentlly is horrible and Rude. She talks to you as if she doesn't care to do her job which is to be an advocate for the workers. She also carries a very unproffesional relationships with male staff. Horrible. I have seen the way the clients are treated as well and it's not okay. They need staff and managment who actaully cares. I hated working for this company its very cut throat and managment only cares to for staff to do all the work and they slack. If you aren't willing to move or jump when they make changes then be prepared to be "off schedule untill further notice."
Pros
Cons
horrible HR, Managment sucks
Caring
Caregiver for Adult (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 1, 2019
The company cares for the residents and treat everyone like one big family. The residents look to you as parental figures. If you work hard they make sure you get the raise that you deserve.
Pros
caring
Cons
the residents can get aggressive
Comfortable place to work
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Productive place to work, flexible hours, easy going

Administrative assistant very flexible tries to help as much as she can there's different shifts including overnights
Not a good place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 18, 2018
Never got a raise . Horrible bosses. Never got a copy of cpr license it was like a zoo mangers dont have everything together. Not really behavioral specialist
Pros
Fully shut down now
Cons
Never get a raise
Terrible job!!!
DSP II (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldNovember 17, 2018
Never got a raised they got sued and had to pay me my money back that they never paid.. and too not pay overtime administratior would let other staff clock in under my name and would make me pay them out my check when I didn’t want to do it I was takin off the schedule.. very bad company
n/a
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 13, 2018
poor advancement opportunity. They promoted me, demoted me and wont pay me for the position. Very Dissatisfied with management, administrative operations etc
Was a good place to work.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 4, 2018
I had plenty of hours. i enjoyed working with all of the clients. My paycheck was a little low but, overall i really enjoyed working for the company..
Pros
awesome clients
Cons
low pay
Great
Staff (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work. All the staff help each other and wprk together. Very easy first time job!!! Would definetly recomend this place to anyone or everyone
Awful pay, no benefits. Do not care about employees
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 24, 2018
This is by far the worst job I have ever had. You work 10hr days and get paid for maybe 6 of them, because of how "drive time" and lunches work. Drove all over NE ohio and didnt get paid for it. They do not offer any benefits. Management is awful. Didnt get paid for over a month after starting. Would never reccomend this place to anyone. Clients were awesome, but that's about all this place had going for it.
Pros
Clients
A Leadership Team Disconnected
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 16, 2018
The leadership group at Sails is completely disconnected from the realities of their day to day business. They make decisions from offices far away in from the ground floor of their core business, without perspective or insight, and on a whim based on feeling and favorship instead of based on fact and merit.

Hard work and passion will sadly not get you ahead with anyone at Sails. Going above and beyond your job description, even when necessary to improve the quality of life of their clients can be detrimental to your career at Sails. That in itself is a huge red mark to their leadership team and their company culture.
A Great Opportunity to Make a Difference
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 11, 2018
SAILS Group is fantastic company that has a goal of making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. I started in this company in a low position and was given a chance to move up in the company and take a more important role. I have truly enjoyed my time with SAILS. Has SAILS made mistakes? Absolutely but I have seen them grow and learn by giving their employees more benefits, respect and opportunity.

I definitely think the reviews on their page are from employees that started out bad. This is definitely not an accurate representation of what SAILS has to offer. Being a Direct Staff is NOT easy and requires a lot of patience but seeing your consumer grow and learn is the most rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, benefits, Paid Overtime, Lots and Lots of hours if you are short
Cons
Some administrators are not the best but the consumers make up for it
Slow paced and stressful
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2018
The pay is not worth it. There is no holiday pay. The management is a joke. If you are new to the company it’s write after write up and you have no holidays off no benefits. Honestly this company was one of the worst companies to work for.
Pros
Full time
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, and no benefits. No PTO
Not the best place to work...
DIRECT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 31, 2018
The management has poor communication skills with employees. It is near impossible to reach them if you need to call off for a shift that day, they will ignore you and expect for you to go in, even if you give hours in advance notice. They pay employees with no experience more than employees with experience. The company does not inform employees of important information about clients (aggression, disorders, etc.) when starting on a case and you will slowly find out or get informed by other co-workers on your shift.
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 24, 2018
I joined the SAILS Group in November. The staff and the Management team are awesome. This is a company that accommodate growth and goals accomplishment.
I am 100% certain i am in the right place, and at the right time.
Rewarding work. Bad Corp. Management
Staff (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2018
It is rewarding to see the progress that the clients make when they leave the SAILS programs but their administrative and direct line employee's are over worked, and severely under paid for the type of work they are doing as well as being under appreciated resulting in a very high turn over rates.
Sucks
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 21, 2017
The managers are very immature, a lot of inappropriate things going on. Didn’t handle the clients nicely , very negative atmosphere to go into. I wouldn’t recommend working here , this play should shut down.
Challenging and Rewarding
Regional Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 22, 2017
Although I am new to this company, I already feel like I am part of the family. The owners and long-time members of this organization truly care about the quality of life and care of the individuals we serve, and strive to empower their employees.

I have never seen a company work so hard to find the right fit for employees, and continually work to improve their client care, operating systems, and training for employees. SAILS truly does want every employee to feel empowered to do their job, and for every client to receive the best care possible.
Pros
Innovative company that is always open to new ideas, great concern and care for employees and clients served, fully supportive of work-life balance, very flexible.
Cons
Typical difficulties in the field when providing direct care services, hourly pay, turnover, the need to work holidays, changes in regulations which effect all employees and staff, working additional or odd hours to assist with emergencies when needed, etc.
Consumer Focused
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2017
This company gives me the tools necessary to serve the underserved population within a residential care setting. If you enjoy championing for consumers in need, then SAILS is the company for you.
Pros
Helping the target population
Cons
N/a
Challenging Enviroment
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 7, 2017
I have worked for the SAILS Group since 2000. They have always treated me fairly and care for the Consumers in their care. This job can be quite demanding at times and is not for everybody.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced, rewarding work
Cons
Can be stressful, sometimes you have to work weird hours, but that is part of the job.
Excellent Growth Opportunities
Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 7, 2017
I have worked with The SAILS Group for 7 years and it has truly been an honor to grow within the organization. I have been provided multiple opportunities to advance from a Direct Care Staff in California to the Business Developer of our Kansas/Missouri Region. SAILS takes a "Consumer First" approach with the individuals we serve that focuses on improving their quality of life.
Pros
Growth opportunities, serving consumers, team environment, increasing leadership skills
Cons
The hours can be challenging due to the nature of the field. Entry level wages are seemingly low, but very competitive with other agencies in this field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAILS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8