Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Found 492 reviews matching the search See all 2,303 reviews
Easy job with terrible management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, PADecember 10, 2018
The manager looks for any reason at all to fire someone. The place is small as it is with only 25 people working there. But I call out one time and I got fired so now there it only 10 people working there. The people were awesome and the job was easy but that manager needs to be replaced. I guess he gets a strong high off of firing people. People literally don't last long in this company.
Pros
Easy work, nice people
Cons
Management is not realistic at all.
Not a good place to work for
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  PlainfeildDecember 4, 2018
Poor management. Don’t ever know when you get off work. When trying make an appointment you don’t know what time you make it for then when you do make appt you will get pointed for it. The supervisor and some leads have awful attitudes they will talk down to you so bad. I would not recommend anyone to work there .
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low pay
At the start it was great, then it deteriorated
Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Puayllup , WADecember 4, 2018
Under the French and German managers it was great since there was constant learning and improvement, then when local managers took over, the whole culture crashed.
okay workplace
Manufacturing operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 4, 2018
I worked with Saint Gobain Performing Plastics almost five months, then I had to leave for a new job. The people were nice and management was not bad but the workplace was not tipical for beginner.
Terrible work-home life balance
Materials (Current Employee) –  Hoosick Falls, NYNovember 29, 2018
Management puts company always before employees, if you choose to work there do NOT accept salary, only hourly. Salaried people will be expecting to work around the clock.
Pros
Pay is good
Great work culture
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eldridge, IANovember 29, 2018
Saint-Gobain has a great work culture and treats its employees quite well. They provide adequate salary and benefits. They offer excellent rewards for performance.
Not bad, not great
Finishing Operator and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Granville, NYNovember 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work, depending on what your job is you can take your breaks when you want and not according to a certain schedule.

Some of their policies can be inconvenient, but most places have similar policies so it's not that big of a deal.

It's a fairly relaxed work environment as long as you can go with the flow and adjust to things quickly
Okay Place to Work
Injection Mold Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, WINovember 21, 2018
The management was comparable to most places and the pay was way too low to make a decent living. I really liked the fifth shift supervisor when I was there. It was rather fast paced depending on which machine you were on, but could also be long and drug out. Mandatory overtime sucked!
Pros
Cons
Mandatory overtime, pay
Absolutely amazing work environment with coworkers and management.
FINANCE & PURCHASING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 18, 2018
I worked with Saint-Gobain for a few months at a time for an internship. The people I worked with and around were amazing and welcoming. I enjoyed my experience working with these people more than any other job I have had. I went back to this internship for multiple years because I had such a great experience.
Hot and humid in the summer
Team Lead/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 17, 2018
This place was not fun to work at. The supervisors are always looking for reasons to yell at you and don't want to help. If a couple employees are talking about work, the management will get on you for not doing something.
Pros
pay
Cons
dirty and hot in summer and cold in winter

Want to know more about Saint-Gobain?

Ask a question
it was a boring work place
Picker/Coder (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GANovember 15, 2018
it could be a better work place. the company need more help longer breaks and better vision. it need better security . need more supports and not just about work.
Pros
no pros
Cons
short breaks
A challenging fast pace work place
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 10, 2018
There is no time for second guessing. You're supplying the department for the day. This place taught me that when you think you can't or you think you have no more in you to give, but whenever some prototype came around, I always met the desired dimensions in the moment while still running production. Saint Gobain is a great place to learn your limits. I have none no more.
Pros
Ever three months there's a bonus
Cons
There really are none just challenging people.
Senior Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at Saint Gobain consisted of multiple challenging projects involving subsidiaries of a global organization that included budgeting, forecasting and consolidated reporting.
Decent place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, MINovember 6, 2018
No job advancement, pay is week, most day are okay, there are a lot of safety animals, They tell you, you will get a pay increase and lead you on for 2 years and then tell you they can't give you one
Pros
Benifits
Cons
pay
Saint Gobain is a great place to be employeed
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 5, 2018
I had a strong management team over me. My immediate boss was understanding and fair, but made sure we all did our jobs. If you are self motivated, Saint Gobain is a great place to work.
Pros
401 K / Profit sharing
Cons
A lot of travel
Veryold, very large multinational company
Strategic Accounts and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hiram, OHOctober 29, 2018
Nice place to work, benefits and company culture tolerable. Upper management located in Paris, France and obviously relies on local management to run various company divisions. Many opportunities for advancement for the right individuals.
great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIOctober 25, 2018
working in a medical molding facility has unique advantages and disadvantages. There is understandably a great amount of structure, this is a double edged sword. SOP's are highly defined, but the ability to react to changes is not as fast sometimes as expected and can be frustrating.
Pros
stable growing industry
Cons
change is slow
My experience
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 19, 2018
At this job I’ve learn so much. It’s helping me advance more and more each day. I’ve learn how to work with machines, how to paint and how to work as a team.
If you have to have a job, it is a job. But I would not recomend it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2018
When I first went to work for this company it was a great, fast pace company to work for until things changed. Experienced employees started leaving and the environment changed for the worst.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Run you ragged
good job
Machine Operator-Bearings Forming Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 7, 2018
My time at Saint Gobain was good . I have friendships today with former co workers. i left just to change careers. I liked working here, it was very enjoyable.
Pros
People
Cons
management sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight