Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Found 510 reviews matching the search See all 2,366 reviews
Very nice people but not fond of the management
Operator (Former Employee) –  L'Anse, MIFebruary 18, 2019
I worked for this campany for 21 years and at first the hours were okay but worked 7 on 1 off rotating shift and became depressing then went to 12 hour swing and the hours 11 to 11 sucked but you got 1 week off every month . The management wasn't to bad but had a hot head as a Forman
Pros
The money and week off every month
Cons
Hot, hours sucked and 1 hot head as a forman
Good Company
Engineering & Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoyed my many years at Saint-Gobain. The company and it's executive team are very good. The company has many good benefits and provides world class products
Manufacturing Environment is a good one, friendly, hard working people
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 10, 2019
I worked here briefly, the job wasn't suited for me, so I replaced myself. A nice campus to work on (except for one building). It's a manufacturing environment with some comfortable offices with hard working folks.
Pros
Good people, solid work
Cons
Job wasn't suited for me
Toxic culture, worst place I have worked
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mickleton, NJFebruary 3, 2019
The overall company seems like it is a good place to work on a corporate level but the Mickleton plant in NJ was the worst place I have ever worked. It is a small, dark plant, with most of the employees having been there 30+ years and the "we've always done it this way" mentality. Implementing change to improve processes was nearly impossible and never completed without a fight. There is no accountability whatsoever for the employees who have been there a long time and they are held to mediocre standards while newcomers are expected to perform perfectly at all times. Management is horrible. My direct manager at the time was very rude and purposely withheld me from training opportunities while he advanced his career. The plant manager is very condescending toward plant personnel and other managers. The principles of the company are not exercised at all at this plant. There was no flexibility. If you worked from home it was frowned upon even though that was highlighted as a perk during the interview process.

Decent health benefits and coverage were available. I also started with three weeks vacation which was nice.
Pros
The bonus program for salaried employees, decent health benefits
Cons
Rude management, lack of training opportunities
A good place to start any experience
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 28, 2019
Working for Saint-gobain feels good, the people there are friendly and its easy going sometimes. I got to learn a lot of things i didn't and experience new roles i wasn't to comfortable with, the hardest part about the job was that My team and i would always feel rushed to get our jobs done. The Saint-gobain i work for, their management team isn't to good, they've replaced many people over the years or people just quit. Over in Saint-gobain it isn't to bad but can be better.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Very clean nice place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR - INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJanuary 26, 2019
I enjoyed working at St Gobain. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Very clean environment and safety conscious. You punch in, do the job you are assigned and leave when your shift is over.
Pros
nice coworkers and supervisors
Cons
temp job with no benefits
It was like working with Family
Mixer/Extruder (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Saint Gobain was a great place to work. The employee's was like Family and the management staff tired their best to provide everything we needed. The Supervisors was great at get the paperwork to us so we could put the information in the computer.
working weekends
Production Team Leader/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
At times working on weekend was on going and seemed more so then not . Due to customer demands seemed that happened more then not but all and all was a great company to work for.
A place where your ideas matter
Quality Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working at Phoenix, it is a friendly atmosphere, The engineering department is very helpful. I am grateful to have had a great teacher at Phoenix. I learned many processes and process control along with process improvement.
If your Looking for just a job its a good place
Machine Operator/slitter Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I cant live on what they pay its HIGH stress and im just burnt out, and need to find something less stressful. Its a great place to work if all your looking for is a pay check, the possibility of advancement isn't there at all once your placed in a job there is no moving up
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
Bad Management, toxic work environment
My favorite job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJanuary 13, 2019
This was my first production job and it was a blast. I was 18 and worked easily 60 hours every week with PLENTY of voluntary overtime all month long. If I still lived in that town I would reapply.
Pros
Cons
Somewhat dangerous
Made good friends here.
Flex Molder (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 12, 2019
It was a fast paced job that was rough on the body but satisfying at the end of the day. The grind solidified a lot of good relationships that I will always have.
Pros
Lunches and parties on occasion. Decent pay. Good time off after 6 months with the company.
Cons
Breaks were not paid for. Much of the production work is rough on the body.
Very good, stable company
n/a (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 7, 2019
Saint-Gobain is a solid company with many good people and comparable benefits. SG has many opportunities both locally and internationally and is a good company to grow a career.
You had to keep up with whomever was loading the line because if you did not keep up all the bottle would have been on the floor broke.
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GADecember 31, 2018
Saint Gobain was a job that you had to be on your feet all day and constantly bending over packing boxes with bottles. If you have back problems, I would advise you not to apply at Saint Gobain.
Large textile factory working mainly with fiberglass
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Albion, NYDecember 20, 2018
The job in itself isn't too bad. Good pay, especially for the area its located in. Normal production factory. 12 hour rotating shift. What I would say are the biggest drawbacks would be the work culture and how little management cares for the workers. Not horrible, just could be largely improved.
Hiring high-end talent
Manager (Current Employee) –  ParisDecember 20, 2018
Reorganizing to become more efficient with their executive level business processes to be more agile with markets changes.
Typical day will be full with challenging work.
Pros
Ability to make an impact
Cons
Some weak leaders not promoting strong talent
nice place to work , but low paid , hours not enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 17, 2018
working with team in good environment , capable to work undependable , like to ask , finish work on time , very cooperative , I enjoy my work , and I done hardest part of the job
Great Job POOR management
Extrusion Operator/ Tech, Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 12, 2018
12 hours work days
Upper Management is a JOKE. Very unprofessional. Racism is a big problem there and no one wants to address the situation due to fear of losing their job
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Easy job with terrible management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, PADecember 10, 2018
The manager looks for any reason at all to fire someone. The place is small as it is with only 25 people working there. But I call out one time and I got fired so now there it only 10 people working there. The people were awesome and the job was easy but that manager needs to be replaced. I guess he gets a strong high off of firing people. People literally don't last long in this company.
Pros
Easy work, nice people
Cons
Management is not realistic at all.
Not a good place to work for
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  PlainfeildDecember 4, 2018
Poor management. Don’t ever know when you get off work. When trying make an appointment you don’t know what time you make it for then when you do make appt you will get pointed for it. The supervisor and some leads have awful attitudes they will talk down to you so bad. I would not recommend anyone to work there .
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight