Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

good job
Machine Operator-Bearings Forming Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 7, 2018
My time at Saint Gobain was good . I have friendships today with former co workers. i left just to change careers. I liked working here, it was very enjoyable.
Pros
People
Cons
management sometimes
Fast paced.
Multi-Craft Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ALSeptember 25, 2018
A typical work day is twelve hour shifts. Two weeks of days and two weeks of nights. I have become more involved in down day planning. Working closely with management. Maintenance management is very in gaging and supportive.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rotating shifts
Only employed for 6 months.
Tool Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHSeptember 24, 2018
I did not work here long enough to provide an accurate review.
The job itself was not difficult. It was dirty at times but overall not stressful. Stable hours. Little to no overtime.
Pros
Little to no overtime
Cons
Sometimes boring, sometimes dirty
Good company
IT Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  egyptSeptember 19, 2018
Learning opportunities in SG is so high , training is all the time and the company support people and encourage new ideas and innovation in general . overall all is good
Fastpace but ver dirty job.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 14, 2018
I shoveled ore from the floor to the Machines by hand until I got a bobcat with a shovel scoop on the front of it. I use the machinery until I left to a better job.
Cons
Very dirty hot in summer adn cold in the winter.
A check the box organization.
salary professional (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 10, 2018
Management at all levels doesn't practice what it preaches. Encouraged to achieve a work life balance but criticized for not accomplishing due to heavy workloads and high stress.
Pros
excellent pay, average benefits
Cons
terrible work life balance, unspoken practice of age discrimination, high turnover
hurry up to wait
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 6, 2018
They expect a lot from you and they don't always give you all the tools that you need for the job. they hire incompetent people that claim to know how to do stuff and it isn't always the case.
Pros
local, good benefits
Cons
culture, people aren't appreciated, they don't see key parts of the team
Saint Gobain
Furnace Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2018
My job was fun and interesting most of all, Learned all about the process of furnace work. From how to send the materials to the furnace and how to contol the temp, of it and finally how to pour it onto a mold. Then i would pick the belt of all bad materials and finally crush the materials and put into its right bin.
Good supervisors and work culture
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHSeptember 4, 2018
As a process engineer intern I was given many interesting projects to work on and my supervisor helped me figure out how to complete all the tasks required of me. Overall everyone was very friendly and all the interns were able to interact with each other as we were all in the same room.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
They are big on health and safety
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 21, 2018
It is a global company and they are big on Health and safety. They are generous with paid holidays off and have paid sick days off and paid vacation with health benefits that start the day you are hired.
Pros
Vacation, health insurance
Cons
people are not treated fairly
Terrible management
Techician (Former Employee) –  WVAugust 19, 2018
I worked there for six weeks and got fired over 2 mistakes.
Terrible management. Absolutely NO training for the job you are assigned.
Great co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Management and NO training.
Good benefits and able to climb in the company
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 19, 2018
It's not a bad place to work. Its fast paced. So you have to be well rested for work because it van be tasting. It's nice that the last break leads into going home.
Pros
Giid food
Goods and Bads
Autonomous Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 2, 2018
Saint-Gobain treated me very well and allowed me the opportunity to modify my work to accomodate going to school. The employees work hard and there are some excellent managers and some not so excellent managers.
sweat shop
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 30, 2018
if they don't want you working there they will find a way of terminating you. I met one of the supervisors in jail when I was a deputy Sheriff. this company is all about the point system. you get a point if your one minute late unless your the supervisors buddy.
Pros
lots of mandatory overtime if thats what you want
Cons
poor supervision, management is unprofessional
Not a bad place to work
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJuly 16, 2018
the location is a newer location, with growing pains. In 2.5 years it has doubled the number of employees and square footage.

With this said, its computer systems have not kept up, issues with scheduling and maintaining employees.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
Management is in need of overhaul
Awful place
Fabrication Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJuly 11, 2018
This place was bearable for the first couple of months. They dont tell you that you have to work around cancerous materials. We as the employees had to find out about it on our own. The company denied everything. Also during the summer time the company becomes extremely hot and they just dont care . Probably 110 plus degrees .
Stressful
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJuly 11, 2018
They say they have a safety first mentality and the expect you to work 45 - 60 hrs a week for months on end and if you call in because you are just worn out one day its a major infraction. The morale is terrible
Intense, constantly lifting
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 30, 2018
Long work days, starting early in the morning (3am) until 1 in the afternoon, very loud and hot in the factory, constantly lifting super abrasive wheels which could weigh up to 30 pounds, physically hard job but not mentally
Good starting job in the manufacturing industry.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJune 29, 2018
Good place to work if you looking to get your foot in the door of manufacturing. Making it a career is far fetched. This is a place where people getting ready to retire should work easy work laid back environment. However if you looking to advance and you don’t have the engineering degree your gonna be on the floor forever. Any area or department that makes the big bucks you need a engineering degree in something, even though most of it is still easy work a high schooler could do. I worked here for a couple years now and at first it’s exciting and can’t see the wrong in the place but now I know there is bad things here. The point system for employees disciplinary record makes you feel like a kid and also shows that management doesn’t care about what is going on in life in some situations. Pay is good but hard to get a pay increase based on work ethic you must learn new things to get more than cost of living wage but no one ever wants to train you. They bring a board foreigners from France that have no idea on what goes on to start making changes and telling people what to do, and 9/10 the changes never help anything. Benefits are okay but if you want the really good stuff they offer get ready to hand over your entire paycheck. Some supervisors make you feel like a number but management that works closer to you (leads and assistant leads) make you feel like a person. Easy schedule and paid vacation is plentiful. All holidays off. Get 3 sick days but go over that and expect to get points and get disciplinary action taken against you. Stay away if you looking for advancement and  more... becoming management one day. But try it out if your looking for a slow paced and relaxed place to work with not much asked of you.

I would recommend listening and acting on what the employees on the floor want and need rather than some person that goes on the floor maybe once every other year.
Pros
coworkers, relaxed atmosphere, benefits covers a good amount of stuff, schedule is good
Cons
Pay, Upper Managment, sour coworkers, everyone seems to be going in a different direction. Cc
Certified technician (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 26, 2018
It was a grest job, good pay and benefits. There was a lot to learn. Many opportunities to develop new skill sets. Training was always provided. Great co workers
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight