Saint Agnes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2019
Employment opportunities could use room for improvement but the hospital is growing with the surrounding city. Possible expansion could mean more positions. Morale could be higher but all in all not a bad place to work.
Comforting environment
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2019
I worked with SAMC for a little over 10 years. SAMC was like a second home to me. I enjoyed the experience gained from working here as well as the people.
Very fast paced, the manager would rush you.
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2019
Terrible management. Even after two years didn't get my promotion that I was promised or steady work schedule. If you don't work your butt off every single second all the sudden youre a slacker. Good pay, but it wasn't worth all the trouble and always being burned out. Doesn't matter what you do or how hard you work because if you aren't a favorite you wont get what you want. Each department is different of course, but honestly there aren't too many people that were happy working there. Good luck.
alright
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2019
it was an okay place I did not know much about it because I went here for a class my senior year and we just shadowed people from different parts of the hospital
Socially driven
Medical Office Support Float (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 6, 2019
Your appearance is key in this Catholic Trinity Facility, you can be the most inexperienced nurse and do just fine if you are wearing high end scrubs, I barely had the means to support my children didn’t care. I was let go because my hair was not up tight enough, my scrubs were not new enough, clean enough they are more about image than patient care.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hr
Wonderful Place to work with an even better team
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 10, 2019
I loved working at SAMC. Yes, things could get very tense and stressful at times, but that is to be expected in this field of work. The entire surgical team is wonderful and are genuinely there to provide the best patient experience and outcome possible. Orientation is extensive, but workable based on your experience level. If you are new in the field you will not be thrown to the sharks. If you have a ton of experience you will be given freedom to do cases with supervision until signed off. You really do become part of a family while working at SAMC- through the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Pros
wonderful team, a lot of hours and overtime opportunities, fair pay
Cons
High stress at times
Opportunities for advancement in every way
RN (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 29, 2019
So I worked at SAMC for over 6 years and started as a new nurse. I stayed in the same unit during that time but there are many opportunities to transfer to different departments as your career advances. As with other hospitals, they are short staffed and overwhelmed. High turnover rate all over, too. But the staff who stay are tight knit and are very welcoming to new staff. The NRP program is fantastic and produces well-rounded nurses. I was able to learn a lot there during my time. The major downside is that it's Fresno so the typical Fresno demographic come there. But I have heard it's better than CRMC
Pros
Self-scheduling, flexible with school hours, family-like feel
Cons
Short-staffed
I love my section
Supervisor Anatomic Pathology (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 17, 2019
My scope of work is partially running a business, partially being a histo tech, mentor and supervisor
I enjoy the challenge because that's what I do. Saint Agnes has no shortsge of good, compassionate folk
Every job is as good as your fit with you boss and your team.
Unfortunately there is a tendency for middle and upper echelon colleagues to play musical chairs.
Pros
Grest colleagued
Cons
Life/work for management
Great Opportunity
Fresno - Bookkeeper/Accounts Recivable (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I learned a lot, great staff, and many opportunities to move up. I enjoyed my time there and would highly recommend working here. The benefits are also great!
Nice caferteria
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2019
Great healthy food clean environment ,also everyone seems friendly. Its plenty of work space and lots ofseating around. I enjoyed my time there and would work there again
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short brakes
Fast pace
Emergency Room Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Great opportunity for learning medical terminologies. Most know how to type fast and e a quick thinker. You follow provider all day and help them with charting
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The pay at Saint Agnes is comparable to higher paying hospitals in the area. The atmosphere is good and the overall workday is on average a good experience.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
High turnover
Patient Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93720November 1, 2018
• Oversaw daily office operations for staff of 20-25 employees including volunteers
• Maintain add/delete forms for Timetrak Timecards; staff of 45 employees
• Prepared Daily Case Management Assignment Sheet for distribution hospital-wide
• Collect statistical information for department including: Utilization Review Committee, Readmissions, Denied Days/Avoidable Days, Pepper Report, Medicare Appeals, Treading, Daily Metrics, 5150 graphs, Code 44
• Create reports and flow charts as necessary utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software
• Maintained professional communication with CM/UR staff, medical center staff, physicians, guests, Vendors, Nursing Facilities and patients regarding Case Management/Utilization Services
• Composed, drafted and maintained ongoing correspondence and reports for Manager and CM Director
• Scheduling patients for outpatient procedures in Nuclear Medicine.
• Worked directly with other medical center departments and staff including Business Office/Financial Counselors, House Supervisor, Emergency Depart, Home Health Liaison, Social Services, Dialysis Liaison and Corp Admin.
• Arranged skilled nursing facility placement, transportation with American Ambulance and non-emergency van transportation, Home Health referrals, Rehab placement and difficult placements
• Maintained RN license, CPR and annual TB compliance due days for department staff.
• Filed, created and maintained Medical Record folders for hospital patient records prior to electronic folders.
• Performed other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management and
  more... leads.
• Assisted with meeting criteria for PCS Transportation Forms (American Ambulance) for Medicare billing.
• Attend and record minutes at Staff Meetings and Committee Meetings as directed with appropriate follow-up.
• Coordinate meeting rooms, Webinars and county-wide skilled nursing facility collaborations.
• Oversaw inventory and office supply purchases
• Provided clinical data review to insurance agencies (Medicare, Medical, & Private) via fax or verbal on request
• Knowledge of Medicare IMM Notice Appeals process including concurrent clinical information for QIO-Livanta
• Maintained Home Health, DME, Skilled Nursing Facility, Assisted Living, Transportation, Transfer Center, Insurance Contact information, Rehab and other lists for internal and external use
• Collect disposition statistical data and enter into Focus Study Program-Midas which include certificated inpatient dates and readmissions
good place
Nurse Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 31, 2018
this place was very friendly place to work at with teamwork. Schedule was flexible with work and family , and with great pay and benefits. Every one worked as a team player.
Loved working at SAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2018
Fun friendly professional supportive staff.great environment .Enjoyed hearing daily prayer each day . Have Starbucks in-house.online lunch ordering .
Pros
Self scheduling
Loved working with patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2018
Variety of patients with Saint Agnes Medical Center.
Variety of areas to work in, ER, ICU, Hearts, Neuro ICU, etc.
Hospital clean and updated decor.
Nice options for food.

You are very busy at SAMC.
Pros
Nice work place
Cons
Work load sometimes overwhelming with sick calls.
Good place to work, competitive pay
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2018
- offers tuition assistance options for continued education
- flexible scheduling
- good workplace culture of teamwork
- overtime opportunities
- company likes to hire from within
- good benefits packages
Highly recommended to work here
Externship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 26, 2018
A typical day at work here was very focused on the patient, the co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. Leads in all departments are wonderful people to work alongside. All departments are very welcoming and friendly.
Pros
steady work hours
Very fast passed Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93720August 3, 2018
Some of the management need to be replaced or even go through new and improved training, to many people quit or get fired for unexplainable reasons. To high of an employee turnover.
Negative and non conducive to a healthy environment..
Case Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2018
This company sales itself as a employee supportive healthy environment, when in all reality, the foundation of this corporation is self seeking and numbers oriented, which effects its employee sanctification. In other words, they will work you to the brink of collapse and consider you week or non committal for setting healthy boundaries. They have unrealistic expectations and set employees up for failure, with the work load and patient/staff ratio. They have good employees that are exhausted on a daily basis, and employees are not encouraged to have longevity with this company. It is a place where hard work does not pay off and is NEVER good enough. They always want more.
Pros
Some amazing employees
Cons
Unhealthy and negative work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Agnes Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Saint Agnes Medical Center Reviews by Location