Saint Agnes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Bad supervisor in lab dept.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 25, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work in the lab dept at st. Agnes. Management is rude, their expectations are too high. It was too stressful working as a phlebotomist at st. Agnes. There are always job opening for phlebos becuase people leave or are fired. There is no room for advancement. There are not enough phlebos on the floor on a given day and if patients are not drawn in a certain amount of time, then the phlebo is accountable. Overall Very Bad management and supervisors.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful, co wokers in lab dept are not nice to new people working there. Expectations are to high
Would Never Work There Again
VALUE STREAM MANAGER, E.D (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2018
The overall culture and general workforce was lively and open to transformation. The C-Suite, however, is very political and cut throat. Work/life balance is non existent.
Pros
Great workforce, pay, benefits
Cons
Entire upper management staff
orlando singletary
EVS ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 21, 2018
a typical day working at St. Agnes entailed fast paced productive sanitary procedures, multi tasking, self motivated work skills, and co employee teamwork.
Chill and friendly work environment
Environmental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 16, 2018
Nice people and employees. It’s a great place to get experience from and grow. Easy to move around departments.i would definitely recommend this place for someone who is looking for experience
You can find a much better place to work.
EMT & Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Technician (CHT) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2018
If you are talented and ambitious and you are one to refrain from childish work place politics, I strongly advise seeking other hospitals where you can better help patients.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Patient centered
Supervisor- Central Transportation Department (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 6, 2018
SAMC believes in the mission and coneys the message to all new hires. My experience is mostly positive. Like any employer, you can identifty room for improvements. All in all, I believe it is a great place to work.
Current Day
Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2018
As a contract employee I found the job environment to be great. The fellow employees and management to be helpful and all around a great place to work within.
Great fast paced environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 14, 2018
It was great working at St Agnes with an amazing support team beside you at all times. Typical day consisted of working with patients and staff and resolving any issue that comes up as a team.
6 North unit has a great team.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Very busy unit with staff that help each other and has room for advancement. School fee reimbursement encourages staff to continue in school. The hardest part of the job is floating to other departments when they are understaffed.
Pros
Staff development is a part of the culture.
Cons
Do not use break nurses.
Good Job Horrible Management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The job was great, so many opportunities to grow, descent pay, great benefits, most ppl are very friendly and want to see you grow. I worked on 5 North Telemetry I was really good I am very great I what I do, however management on this floor had a lot of favoritism and would make you feel worthless no matter how much hard work you put in. My personal life was pretty bad at my time working here and I never let it show I did my Job &some. Never said no to working extra hours. It’s mostly NOC shift it’s a Filipino shift and they stick together. Make one mad and their mission is to get you fired.
Pros
Pay Benefits
Fun, enjoyable work enviroment
competitive benefits,
stock options
positive work environment,
high paying salary
Pros
management is collaborative
professional and fair
Cardiovascular EKG tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 11, 2018
There was always the opportunity for advancement it seemed as though this was always encouraged. the staff and volunteers were friendly and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
pleasant facility, clean, fair and professional
Cons
parking if you were not starting early was often challenging
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant / Administration (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 1, 2017
Was laid off after being there for 3 years. I was part of a large lay off (150+ people). I would be cautious to work there again. Enjoyed the people I worked with, though. Learned a lot in my 3 years.
Pros
Work/life balance was great. Was able to advance.
Cons
Would worry about being laid off again.
I love working there
Assist nurses (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2017
I love working there, I really do miss everybody I work with. It was a very good company. I will recommend this places to anybody and the only advice I have to give just be yourself.
Quick paced, stressful environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2017
Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions, and follow-care. Evaluated patient care needs,
Great place in the Valley to work
Cardiovascular Tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2017
Lots of areas for advancement- they try to hire within and grow their own.Lots of departments to learn from and work with.The ability to obtain some great friendships and camaraderie available
Well managed office/quick pace but steady.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 18, 2017
This office is busy at times but everyone does what they are supposed to do that the office runs smooth everyday. Management is great and understanding.
Pros
Hour lunch/breaks/PTO
Cons
Not enough parking for cars
Awsome managment, very fun place to work,great employess
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 9, 2017
I loved working there, but in fortunately it was temporary. Awesome management, room for advancement. Great employees to work with. I would love another chance to work their.
Pros
Very good employes, And mangers very organized.
Cons
Temporay job.
fast pace,busy hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2017
I am not interested in writing a review at this time. Staffing is an issue where ever you go but has improved in my current department. I like SAMC. Thank You
Productive and positive workplace
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2017
I work a long hard and challenge day. Everyday I learn something different and helpful to me. The management works hard everyday to make the workplace better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with so many different attitudes.The most enjoyable part of my job that I'm able to help take care others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Agnes Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.3

3.8Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Saint Agnes Medical Center Reviews by Location