Saint Francis Care Employee Reviews

Great training facility
Student in Radiology (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2018
Management and staff were great to work with and very informative. Patient care is their top priority without affecting their efficiency. Training in St. Francis was the best decision I made in order to prepare for the requirements of being an x-ray tech.
terrible management and organization
Resident (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 18, 2018
The hospital was disorganized to begin with but became worse after it got bought out. Work environment was stifling and not a good learning environment. Would not recommend.
Fast paced environment
Unit Secretary for Medical (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2018
A day at St Francis is a fast paced day in the department that i work, Labor and Delivery. It can be a bit hectic when you have to register an actively laboring patient. They scream. I enjoy working in this type of environment. It amazing to me to see the beautiful bundles of joy as they enter into the world. I love it
great place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 28, 2017
My co workers were like family to me
My nurse managers were all capable and went above and beyond, not just for the company but also for the staff
I love St. Francis!!
Pros
my co workers
Cons
none!!
good
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
overall good experience, not much room for growth unsure how they are now that taken over by larger corporation. sometimes overly structured with little flexibility.
GreatCo Workers, Lack of Shift Needs for nursing student
Charge Nurse/Nurse Education Resource (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 6, 2017
Great co workers, really believe in the family enviroment, always "have your back". Hard to schedule shifts with school but manager always made it work. Typical hospital shirt comings but co-workers and direct management helped to make the shifts as best they can.
Pros
great family atmosphere
Cons
lack of staff, no breaks
For the most part a good place to work
Patient Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 30, 2017
A typical day at work was challenging. I've learned that it is great to be on team that worked together that included Management. The culture of the workplace was normal, it had its moments. The hardest part of the job was just trying to keep up with changes while still keeping a manageable workflow. The most enjoyable was resolving problems daily and reaching expectations individually and as a Team.
Great place to work I would highley recommend.
Radiology Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 25, 2017
I have learned so much from my co-workers. They are very professional people to work with and the work environment is great. I still have plenty to learn but my co-workers make this process very easy for me. I really enjoy coming to work ever day.
Awful environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 18, 2017
No communication, women dont get along. Manager has perforance employee, no moral. Working between campus was burtal. High volume work no overtime.
Software is to learn yet other employee can subatage your work.
Na
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2017
Working in Accounts Payables department. Duties include: research issues, email, phone, face to face communication. Weekly check request as well as paying vendors and employee reimbursements.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 6, 2017
Gained valuable skills like portable and OR radiography. Leanred how to quickly assess a patient in Emergency Trauma room, and worked closely with Orthopedic physicians to provide quality imaging for ambulatory patients.
fantastic staff, great learning environment, poor staffing in ED
RN/Leader/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed the teamwork on the night shift and had a fantastic Asst Nurse Manager to work with. High acuity patients and working short staffed was a challenge that strengthened time management abilities. The constant turnover of staff often left new nurses with less experienced preceptors and made shifts as a charge nurse more difficult. During my time on days and evenings, I took an estimated 10-15 30 min breaks in 11 years as there was a high nurse to patient ratio and I did not feel comfortable leaving my patients with another RN with a 7-10 patient assignment themselves.
Pros
great co-workers, amazing learning experience
Cons
little to no breaks, poor staffing, high nurse to patient ratio
ED Registrar/Secretary EPIC User (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at IOL, unfortunately, I had to move out of state, great hospital to work for. excellent benefits then. great co-workers.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
not too much Cons
Good place to learn
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work is packed from the time you punch in to the time you punch out. My co-workers are highly intelligent and we work like a well oiled machine. We still have time to talk to our patients and make them feel at ease. We answer any questions/concerns they may have about their procedure.
Cons
under staffed and a lot of call
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2016
very unorganized I do not like working there bui need to make money to take care of my children and support m house hold the co workers are rude and there not helpful the don't tran people well the enjoyable part of work is clocking out and going home
Be careful when getting into this company!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 2, 2016
I was newly hired at Saint Francis Healthcare Partners where I was given a position to oversee certain things, however, there was an individual who was already in the office in the position in the interim who did not want to hand over responsibilities to me that were explained to be in both the interview as well as in one of the meetings that I had with my then manager. When I spoke to this individual to let her know that I was notified that simple things such as ordering office supplies was now my task she took offense, went to my manager and had a meeting about me next thing I know they didn't need my help anymore. No meeting with me to see what my side of things were, they just took her word whatever it was and ran with it. She lied on me and come to find out she had done this to the individual who was previously in the position. Why they let her "run" the office the way that she is doing I don't understand. I can only pray that they will wake up and see what this individual is doing to the office and the company. Other than this one individual the others in the office were AWESOME!
Pros
The majority of the co-workers there were very professional and respectful
Cons
Management does not know how to manage
Loved this Job very energenic work environment.
Retail Services & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 2, 2016
As Retail Service and Catering Manager I was responsible for the operation of 3 cafeterias and all the catering in this 600 hundred bed Urban Hospital. Loved the diversity and the co-workers I had the pleasure to work with
Good patient care but Management sucks
CST (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2016
They definitely need a management overhaul. Managers need to be trained to "manage" and learn how to deal with employees, how to have a work life balance. Seems to be the same across the board in this hospital..employees are not valued..negative work environment.
Pros
Experience to add to your resume when you leave, because you will
Cons
Short breaks, too many "bosses", micromanagement
Horrible HR department
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 11, 2016
worst HR department . Impossible to find out who recruiters are . No one calls you back when you interview and salaries are a big secret when interviewing for jobs . No accountability . You can be sent on several interviews and then never hear back or get feedback . And this is from someone who's has worked there many years . Secret society down there .
Pros
Good coworkers and support from fellow staff
Cons
no room to advance
Excellent place to work with plenty to learn on a daily basis, never gets boring.
Clinical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2015
For me a typical day would be spending the entire day handling stat calls coming from the 17 main OR rooms, 6 ASU OR rooms, 6 CJRI OR rooms, 3 Surgicare OR rooms, 2 Electrophysiology Labs, 3 Catherization Labs, 1 main ECG Lab, Sleep Lab with 6 beds, Pulmonary Labs, 3 Stress Labs, 1 Exercise Lab, and the Ultrasound Lab. Performing incident reports and incident investigations. Working with Risk Management and Purchasing on new product testing. Performing the role of the CMLSO, Certified Medical Laser Safety Officer which involved setting up the laser safety program and staff training. Performing inspections and repairs for all the equipment listed in the areas in which I was accountable. Learning on this job was never ending which made the job very satisfying. The best part of the job was not only working in so many different areas but being able to interface with so many highly qualified clinical staff members and management. Basically my co-workers would work as a team when projects were being performed. If not they worked individually on inspections and repairs. The toughest part of the job was being on-call for 22 years and having a one hour round trip per call when not at the hospital. Some weeks receiving up to 50 calls at all hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clinical staff in the clinical environments.
Pros
Learned a lot by working with the clinical staff
Cons
No breaks or lunch breaks on busy days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Care. Our community is ready to answer.