Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews

Excellent Nurses & Technicians to work with, great Team!
Patient Access Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2018
I love what I do and love my patients. I know everyday I am making a huge difference in the lives of patients and this is the reason I have remained at Saint Francis for so long. The Nurses and Technicians I worked with on a daily basis are amazing with the patients, they treat our patients with such kindness and professionalism and they always go the extra mile for all of them. I was very proud to be apart of this Saint Francis department only because of the Nurses and Technicians. It is unfortunate that the manager helped make it unsafe by listening to support staff, more than our trained nurses on how to operate a safe nurse to patient ratio, how much time should be allowed per treatment and the support staff are allowed to override any nurses decisions by going to the manager who will inform the nurse that the support staff are always right regardless of the safety of Saint Francis patients.
Pros
Great Nurses and Technicians to work with, you know that everyday you are helping make your patients lives better.
Cons
No vacation time, only 12 hrs PTO per month, Terrible managers that have totally lost touch with the patients, Managers that should NOT be in that position, Bullying co-worker, Bullying managers, HR does not investigate bullying so don't bother taking your unbearable situation to HR
Fun place to work, great co-workers willing to help
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2018
Very fast paced environment so if you arent willing to work in a fast paced environment then its not the place for you. Everyday is different which makes it interesting and fun.
Pros
always tried to place you were you prefered to work if possible
Cons
short breaks if at all, vacation is an issue at times
They treat their employees terribly.
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2018
Treatment of employees is horrible. Itis a terrible employer. No one should ever work for this organization as they treat people terribly and show no compassion.
Pros
Cons
all
Saint Francis
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 2, 2018
Very great people to work for, theyre very helpful and work with you on your schedule and when you can and cannot work. they provide insurance to. I love the atmosphere
depends on what you want from a job
Information Technology Specialist edited (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 16, 2018
this not a bad place to work, i believe that the issues and opportunities at my employer are not much different from other employers around the metro area.
Pros
decent cafeteria, above average benefits, possible long term career
Cons
leaving blank to focus on the positive
Productive grouo of people and a fun work atmosphere laid back on discipline as long as desired work is achieved
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we work in teams of three so you don't feel alone or without help. You'll always be able to find someone to help you because we make sure everyone is ok and not over worked
Pros
Working in teams
Cons
No designated lunches for night shift
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2018
Great opportunity for new graduates and it’s a great place to work. However there isn’t much room for advancement. It does has its pros and cons just like any other company.
Pros
Offers great benefits and PTO
Cons
No room for advancement
Very productive
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 21, 2018
Overall awesome place to work! I was very sad to leave but I had to relocate. Over the five years I was there our unit went through several changes and all of them went smoothly.
Good Job
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2018
Management and retention are poor across the board. Every department and floor is short staffed and overworked while money is the focus of management, not patients or the mission.
Favoritism, Lazy people
Room Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2018
Please work anywhere besides being a room service ambassador! The lazy people suck up to the supervisors so they never get in trouble! They hide, hide, hide! Save yourself it's not worth the money!
Pros
Hard working, crazy friends
Cons
Management, dumb coworkers
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 14, 2018
I love working for saint francis. I just need a job closer to home. Saint francis is a friendly enviorment and excellent place to be. I enjoyed my experience while i worked with a great geoup of nurses.
Loved my schedule
Staff Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2018
I worked the early morning shift (5am-130pm) imaging the morning portables in this large hospital. Fun place to work and great co-workers. Very caring employees
cut throat co-workers, management is only there for management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 26, 2018
very poor place to work for any professional, poor management, cut throat co-workers, worked on the floor, but since the take over, all that seems to matter to the higher ups is the bottom line, not the patients.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
poor management, cut throat co-worker culture
Excellent environment
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 25, 2018
Very face paced but coworkers and boss made it an absolutely fun place to work. As long as you knew how to do your job, they pretty much depended on you being able to function as either part of a team or alone. Loved the patient interaction!
Pros
Great boss, great coworkers, awesome learning experience
Cons
Breaks had to be taken only when there was a lull in patient flow
As far as health systems go, this one is ok
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2018
Management has been terrible in both areaas that I've worked in. I was sexually harassed by a doctor and made to feel guilty for reporting it. Good benefits though.
Co-works are friendly and very helpful.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKMay 22, 2018
Doctors will assist with anything you do. Coworkers help train you. Supervisor will be there to assist you when needed. 40 hours work week. Medical, dental insurance.
Pros
Free lunches when provided by Drug Reps
Productive and fun work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2018
I think the hospital should pay time and a half for Federal holidays instead of an extra 8 hours of PTO. They can't get people to work overtime in my department because there's not an incentive to work overtime.
Pros
The employee benefits
Cons
Not being recognized for your work
Fast paced and stressful
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 3, 2018
The current office that I am in is very stressful and fast paced to the point of no breaks are given due to phone coverage. I feel that there needs to be more assistance with how this office is managed.
Ok So this place really sucked,
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 30, 2018
Lets just says I thought I was done with school and these folks reminded me why I need to be the boss cause they were completely and utterly slave masters who want to make a profit...well at least behind their door. You never see it in their fake looking nurses.
Pros
payday
Cons
everything
Love my job.
Breast MRI/Interventional Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients every year. I've created a bond with many of them and will be sad to go. My coworkers are awesome and are there for you though thick and thin!
Pros
The patients and people i work with.
Cons
Lunch and breaks sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight