Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews

Pharmacy director is awful
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 12, 2019
Been working there for more than a year and needed time off for health reasons then decided I needed to stay home and put my two weeks in. Put me as not to rehire because I missed too much work. All the work I missed I had a doctors note. Very upset with how it was handled.
best compnay to work for
Phlebotomist Technician/clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 3, 2019
I have worked for Saint Francis for 6 years. my granny retired from SFH about 20 years ago, I am following in her footsteps. I enjoy working here and hope to continue to do so.
Great Benefits
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2019
Great Benefits, but demanding workplace. Work environment was great. Lots of help at times and no help at times. Unfortunately they can be all or nothing.
Favoritism Runs Rampant
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 10, 2019
When I first started I thought this was the company I would retire with, but now I am seeking employment elsewhere having realized those that hired me were basically snake oil salesmen. Continuously changing protocols without informing entire department so this would in turn cause miscommunication which caused mistakes, which management would then blame us. Not to mention the entire rest of the hospital, doctors, nurses, staff, administration, etc would cra p on us constantly and our managers would stand by and just tell us to tske it. HR csnt be trusted to unbiasly take care of complaints so you're screwed basically. You do not get paid enough to ge crappe d on and disrepsected by both those on the phones AND your so called managers.

Dont punish the entire department for the acts of a few. Punish the individuals making the so called mistakes, not EVERYONE. Actually listen to your employees when you ask for suggestions, that way you cant claim none of us came to you before issuing unfair department wide policies.
Pros
The way PTO accrued
Cons
Micromanaged, unrealistic expectation, no consistency with policy/protocol enforcement
Great team environment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 8, 2019
Very patient focused, but also employee focused. Hard work is rewarded, there are opportunities for advancement, and management not only listens to problems, but attempts to help solve them.
Pros
Great team, good schedule
Cons
No remote positions
Poor Leadership / Micromanagement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 25, 2019
The department leadership works to micromanage every aspect of each employees work day. Routinely will violate hospital policy if it helps to accomplish their goals.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement
Poor Leadership
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2019
Poorest example of Leadership in my 30 years of service delivery at Laureate Psychiatric Hospital by the Clinical Assessment Department and Outpatient Clinic Director. The unethical practices and involving employee treatment motivated my transfer. Post 3 years I transferred recently from a service delivery I adored and excelled in to have a better peace of mind holistically about my practice and service delivery.

"A Great Leader has people who desire to follow them and experience the future!"
Pros
Service Delivery
Cons
Salary
Amazing work place but salary is meh..
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2019
The acute care setting department and managers are the best. They will work well with your unscheduled PTO and PTO well. They will try their best to make the off day schedules work well, then the other therapist also are going to help you out if they can. Work load is a little tough depending on what area you are assigned. Saint Francis covers CEUs for free and the supervisor will make sure all the therapists in the department will achieve the required hours. The only con that I can really think in working in Saint Francis is the mediocre salary. It seems that it might be the lowest paying hospital when in comes to PTs and PTAs. Do your research if you must. It is difficult to negotiate your salary because the way they hire is that the management will interview you but they do not have any say on the salary negotiation. They will redirect you to a person in HR that handles the salary. And the HR person is not familiar with physical therapy skills, specializations, and certifications thus negotiation of therapy achievements does not impress the person. The only thing that matters probably is years of working in the field. Otherwise benefits will be good and the team is amazing so think about your next step carefully.
Pros
Free CEUs, helpful co workers, great PTO scheduling
Cons
Mediocre salary, hard to negotiate your achievements, slow pay raise, no clinical ladder
Enjoyed other people from differnet departments but that's about it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2019
This company is notorious for "You get sick once and you're out the door." The people are super nice. Management are iffy. They did the same thing to 2 different friends of mine. They got sick once, called inn, got a doctor's note and was out the door. Being as it's a hospital you would think they should be a little more understanding.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Little room for advancement, super hard on you if you get sick
Great place to work and great co-workers.
translator for Spanish speaking employees (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere. Great benefits and they promote work life balance. Would still be there but had to move out of state. Really miss the people and my co-worker.
work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2019
a typical day in the life of a PSR, is to check patients in, check patient's out, check insurances, and get referrals for those who need them. Management is fairly ok, don't expect anything to get done soon
day shift
Security Officer (Full-time)/ Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 9, 2019
I would like to start of by saying that the management was great but the leadership was not so great. I seen where if someone didn't want to do something they would make them self a lead for the day and do nothing. There was no real shift leadership on the day shift.
Pros
It has a big team
Cons
lack of experience
very professional health care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2019
i currently work for a warren clinic and so happy and blessed i have called this place my job. it is very flexible, professional, and motivating. This job has helped me so much in leading me towards my right path in life. a typical work day consist of rooms, patient charts, and cleaning. The hardest part for me personally is coding and prior authorization. I enjoy the staff, my doctors, and most importantly caring for my patients and seeing them feel better is always a great day at the office.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
doctor is in twice a week
Not a good place to work too much drama
Room Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2019
A lot of upper management Power abuse no career advancement management shows favoritism to certain employees constant rule changes because a managers do not agree with it even though its placed i the rulebook a lot of hpiaa violations discussing to other employees about mental health they have been reported to human resources multiple times and nothing has been done so it will continue the management does not care about the employees at all
Pros
Easy learning job
Cons
Poor management, low paying, no career advancement. Bad job enviroment
A day at Warren Clinic
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 6, 2019
The best part of this job is the wonderful staff I work with. Everyone works as a team. Checking in and out patients. Making sure the patients information is correct and they are taken care of. Listening to how happy they are with their provider. Making someone's day with a happy gesture.
Pros
exceptional co workers and management
Cons
training is not the best
Friendly co-workers
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2019
It was a good place to work, I just felt there wasn't any opportunity for advancement in my area. I would recommend Saint Francis to others searching for a position.
Pros
Catered lunches on occasion
Very good place to work for students.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2019
Getting exposure to medical field prior my higher education.
A good and flexible place to work during school.
Management is very helpful and easy to reach.
A place that believe teaching makes good nurses.
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2019
I love working in every part of this hospital. The mission statement of this company really helps to guide the patient experience and care provided.
Pros
Fantastic team
Cons
Not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Medical Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2019
Listening to people in the department constantly complain and gossip about others. It's a constant on going thing. A couple of employees talk really bad about the supervisor behind her back and then act like she's their best friend to her face. It's constant gossiping and gets very stressful. Supervisor does not want to deal with the issues that go on like this in the departments. She once said she doesn't want to babysit, but it's part of the bosses job to deal with these kinds of issues. The supervisor has her favorites (who happen to be the people who talk about her behind her back) and the rules that apply to everyone do not apply to these people. They clock in late every day and nothing is said. Really have not learned anymore than when I started because I have 29 years experience in durable medical equipment.

The job is stressful, things constantly changing just to see if doing something a different way works better and when it doesn't you start all over. Keeping patients who live out of the area instead of giving them to a company who is in the area that can take better care of the patient. Most of the patients are elderly and cannot drive 100 miles to bring a hospital bed back because it's broken or because they no longer need it. If they are on oxygen if their home unit stops working no one will be there to take care of it, patient has to load it up and bring it the office to switch out.

Too many things I believe are not in the best interest of the patient. More interested in making money.
Pros
Did received bonuses every year.
Cons
Short lunch hours 30 min, Management is not good, a lot of favoritism, same rules do not apply to everyone
Former Manager
Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2019
The employees are wonderful but its very political in upper management. You are expected to train yourself and solve problems that others have swept under the rug quietly. It was exhausting trying to improve processes with unreasonable expectations and lack of support all the while playing the games just to stay employed.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Low Support and or Moral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight