Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ehh
Certified Nursing Assistant (Float Staff) (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 24, 2018
Toxic place to work most times. Staff nurses managers and CNAs. Always short. Pay was never up to par. You were expendable and easily replaced without fair warning or mediation. Lost many good workers.
excellent teamwork
RN Telemetry Level I Float (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2018
The two best things about Saint Francis Hospital is the patient care and the team alongside you when you are working to take care of these patients. Floor/unit staff are a close knit family to each other. They are there for each other through good and bad. If you have to call a code because a patient has deteriorated you can count on all hands on deck. If you are celebrating something wonderful they share in your joy. If you've had too much and are exhausted they are there to help carry you. Your coworkers, your team, the people in the weeds with you are the best part of Saint Francis.
Amazing place to work
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
I love working at Saint Francis Hospital. I have a lot of great co-workers who have become really great friends. I love the busy setting of this hospital. It is never a dull day here. Really grateful to have an amazing supervisor who truly cares for her employees.
Nice volunteering experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2018
It was a nice working experience. I don't recommend if you aren't into the medical field. The area i volunteered at wasn't very interactive. The coworkers weren't very friendly/social.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not very social, sometimes unorganized
An average experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2018
I haven't worked here in more than a decade. It is hard to recall any of these details. Nothing stands out to me as overly good or bad qualities. I don't think this should be a mandatory field to require on this website.

Unfortunately II do not have any other information to give.
Excellent balance of teaching and patient care.
Resident,Fellow & Attending (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 1, 2018
The best clinical institution that I worked at and or directlyiparticipated in their teaching program. Supportive management, Collaborative work culture. Respect and attention to all learners, medical and nursing students through faculty. Competitive benefits. Shared responsibilities and accountability.
Proactive outreach programs to community and affiliated Trinity System hospitals. Very good -excellent management.

Clinical commitment very high... is most good.unless focused on clinical or basic research, This was not my focus nor the focus of the clinical teaching faculty.. invo;vement in research substantive, but limited to short clinical based studies and post hoc reviews.
Pros
Collegial environment. Accountability for best clinical outcomes
Cons
Only in research compared top institutions such as Yale
Fantastic place to work
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2018
As a student at the University of Hartford, I was thoroughly happy with my internship at St Francis. The employees that I worked with were fantastic and taught me several tips and skills to properly work with and speak with patients. I enjoyed the hands on work and developed a stronger skill to work with others.
Pros
Great break times and work hours
Cons
N/a
Productive and has a good staff
HIM Analyst/Birth Registrar (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2018
My day starts with checking my phone messages and emails. I run a census report and a birth registry report. Then I interview patients . Type birth certificates. I sit at my desk and analyze EMR at the same time answering phones, scheduling appointments, translating for other areas ,Notarize documents for subpoenas . I learned how to manage my time and how to deal with stress. The hardest part is going home without a pat on the back for a job well done. The most enjoyable part is the smiles on patients faces. I get a satisfaction of knowing that their baby's birth certificate is processed correctly giving them peace of mind that their medical record is well protected.
Pros
Payroll deductions to shop
Cons
No time to shop
teamwork is everything in the ER
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2018
working at SFH is exciting, fast paced, and intense. A typical day consists of patient care, from the patient's arrival until their discharge or admission. We are responsible, as techs, for vital signs, hourly rounding, EKGs, phlebotomy/IV, blood draws, point of care testing ( urinalysis, pregnancy, strep, and rapid ABG/iStat. We help the nurses in all aspects of patient care. The emphasis is on teamwork, as the environment is very fluid and levels of acuity are constantly changing. Our management places our safety and the patients' safety at a high priority. The hardest part of my job is the constant motion and lack of down time. The most enjoyable part of my job is that almost every day I get to save a life. As we say, teamwork makes the dream work.
Pros
Strong, brave, brilliant staff
Cons
non existent breaks, hostile patients at times
St. Francis was one of the great hospitals to work for many years ago. Those days I am sorry to say are gone.
Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Dept/UC (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 24, 2018
The medical and executive administration at St. Francis was a family, and sincere culture. Well managed, entire population of staff happy to work there. New administration came in from New Britian and brought there own staff, much disappointment in the culture.
Previous medical director and sister was most professional and this hospital was one of the best hospitals to work for. Not any more unless culture of administration has changed.
A Day at Work
Patient Access Registration (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 29, 2018
Very busy
I always learn something new every day
Management is Great
Hardest part is making sure you know everything because you never know to much
Enjoyable part is patient complementing you on how good/hard you work
Pros
pay time off
Cons
healthcare
This place sucks due to management
General Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 26, 2018
You bust your butt for eight years and a position opens up. I applied for it just to get told that I wasn't qualified enough, but I have been doing the work for eight years.
fast paced team community
CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2018
community based, fast paced, team environment. opportunities for education, advancement and growth with the best co-workers and management. co-workers and management are great to work with.
Hard working hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2018
This hospital is located in the heart of Hartford North end and when danger or fast thinking needs to be done they are the hospital to go to. I been working there for 13 years and I learned so much in this hospital and it's never a dull moment. If you want experience in the medical field this is the hospital they will show you team work, hard work,and dedication.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
No cons for me
review
Trainee/Shadow (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2018
This is why we are committed to improving EMS delivery. How are we doing it? By hiring the most qualified, skilled and personable people who will model our family values. We empower them with the best training, leadership and equipment to successfully deliver EMS care and attention to every Brewster customer.
Good work environment
Per Diem Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 16, 2018
A good place to work with a lot of opportunity to learn and advance. Everyone works as a team and the unit is very well organized. I have learned so much in my time being there.
Mt Sinai Campus is great
Behavioral Health Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 1, 2018
Small working group with good workers. The campus is convenient and parking is great. Employees have been there for years and they like their job, a very community oriented workplace.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Many layers of management
Not so great as a learning environment
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 8, 2018
while many of the nurses can be helpful they aren't very approachable. other staff encounters had been less than pleasant and appear to be very territorial with the floor.
Productivity and partnership
Tumbler Operator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 6, 2018
At the laundry department which is the area I been working it wasn't fun because it was a very loud area , much contamination, as a hard worker I faced all the inconvenience I was there to work, but honestly it wasn't fun work area no ping point table ,no tv at the lunch room, as a mostly jobs pros and cons , eight years as a saint Francis hospital employee ,laundry department Administrators wasn't capable to keep laundry operations , finally they close.
productive work
80 hour Internship (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 29, 2018
it is a perfect place for to work and to have the experience of to learn more. i learn how a big place can offer a perfect services when everybody make their best effort.