Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fast paced team community
CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2018
community based, fast paced, team environment. opportunities for education, advancement and growth with the best co-workers and management. co-workers and management are great to work with.
Productive fast-paced work environment
Receptionist Intern / Nurse Shadow (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJune 18, 2018
Working at the hospital was an incredible learning experience for me. I filed charts and dealt with patients of every kind. I acquired strong skills of organization and leadership, and the work environment was extremely productive and efficient. Having done extensive research for the type of work I would be doing, the difficulty aspect of the job was small, I deeply enjoyed working there and I would recommend this job to friends or others.
Interesting Experience as a Care Ambassador
Care Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 26, 2018
I had gotten an internship through a program in my High School. It was fun to be out there and help the nurses or patients and feel like you were actually making a difference or making the day a little easier for the busy nurses
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Have to constantly be on your feet
Stay away!!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 24, 2018
This place is a JOKE, the head tech thinks she's above it all. A bunch of followers who treat patients like numbers and not as individuals. The Rad staff gossips a lot with a bunch of females that are unprofessional with mood swings.

Stay away from Saint Francis Hospital there is nothing Saint about the staff.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management sucks, gossip clicks, not friendly at all
I love working at SFMC
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I really enjoy working at SFMC I have been blessed to work with a well rounded drama free team, we all share the same goal of 100 % patient care, Its a place that excites your hunger to learn more. I would recomend it to anyone who wants to pursue a health career
Horrible culture
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2018
Management in business office absolutely terrible, including director, your not given proper training nor the proper tools to succeed. Culture in office is discriminatory. I would NEVER recommend working in the business office! Horrible atmosphere to work in! Dissappointment 100%.
Cons
Terrible management
Hard working place but enjoyable.
CNA/ Secretary CJRI Pre-order (Former Employee) –  Hartford Ct. Woodland StreetJanuary 22, 2018
I stop working at Saint Francis Hospital because I wanted to RETIRE. After almost a year of being away I'm ready again for the challenge. Always enjoy working at the hospital...enjoy sharing the vision.
Pros
Care Dollars wi get you free lunch. Lol lol
Great place to start!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 19, 2018
Started in the medical clinic and learned a lot. Had a great experience with resident doctors and rotated in different departments. Co-workers were nice but a lot left and went to other practices. The hardest part of the job was definitely not being able to leave on a certain days on time. Which made going to school definitely harder. I liked the hands-on and enjoyed it very much. I also enjoyed a lot seeing my patients getting well.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great place to start out.
Cons
Long hours on certain days and only a 30 minute lunch break.
Good for older or younger folks
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2018
I heard the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I want them to do a better job at hiring and hire the most qualified in order for the place to succeed. I was comfortable with my job. It’s not a bad place to work, just time to move on.
Pros
My boss
Cons
upper management
Ok
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2017
Working 40hrs/week, a 30 min/day lunch break is rare. Pay rate is low compared to others surrounding places. Supervisors and managers feel entitled and don't have a friendly environment. Great experience with fast paced work flow, ER, OR, trauma experience, but wears on you.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Breaks, managers

Want to know more about Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center?

Ask a question
workplace
Radiology Arrival Team (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 8, 2017
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center is a great place to work and to be taken care of medically. I enjoy working for the hospital themselves. It all depends on what department/career field you are in
Pros
people
Cons
people
productive environment
Accounts Receivable/ Follow-Up Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 31, 2017
A typical work day at St. Francis Hospital involved the follow-up of claim status via website or phone. In addition, to resolving denial of claims. I had the ability to train new employees, work both work compensation claims and commercial.
Pros
exceeded the requirements
Cons
understaff
Fine work environment
Unit Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2017
Solid compensation, hours were good, management was decent, worked on a surgical floor where the staff was pleasant and the team was cohesive and worked to provide a good patient experience
Great company to work for
Sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2016
Happily enjoyed working for this organization great balance in life and work style. Management was great. i would recommend working here to others.
Super Challenging and Not Enough Pay!!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 1, 2015
Hard work, but you learn really good skills that will excell you in the security field. Managment sucks but some co-workers are cool. Alot of walking and writing.
Pros
Skills Learned
Cons
Compensation