Saint Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews

teamwork is everything in the ER
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2018
working at SFH is exciting, fast paced, and intense. A typical day consists of patient care, from the patient's arrival until their discharge or admission. We are responsible, as techs, for vital signs, hourly rounding, EKGs, phlebotomy/IV, blood draws, point of care testing ( urinalysis, pregnancy, strep, and rapid ABG/iStat. We help the nurses in all aspects of patient care. The emphasis is on teamwork, as the environment is very fluid and levels of acuity are constantly changing. Our management places our safety and the patients' safety at a high priority. The hardest part of my job is the constant motion and lack of down time. The most enjoyable part of my job is that almost every day I get to save a life. As we say, teamwork makes the dream work.
Pros
Strong, brave, brilliant staff
Cons
non existent breaks, hostile patients at times
It was a volunteer job.
Care Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 2, 2018
I started working there as a summer thing but continued on and it was great. And unexpectedly, they paid us for 1000 or so hours. It was a fascinating experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work but I relocated to a different state
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 18, 2018
I preferred medical transcription. I give 5 STARS ACROSS THE BOARD when I worked as a medical transcriptionist. Great pay, great boss, very encouraging coworkers, I was a top producer and was recognized often for my accomplishments.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, New equipment, good coworkers, great boss
Cons
High Stress
Stressful and overworked
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 29, 2018
They cut out quarterly bonuses, cafeteria does not open for night shift and it is way over priced when it is open. Management is horrible, don’t expect to get any time off for a vacation or family. This place is going down hill very fast!
Floor Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 26, 2018
Worked in direct patient post-op care environment. Welcoming work environment were nurses work together and help one another. Work load is high and requires an increased physical demand.
Management is all about power!
Registration (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed my co-workers, but that’s about it. Management is awful, can’t get any help! Management only likes you until they can’t use you anymore. Never praised for doing your work, they just point out everything wrong that you do.
Pros
Nice co workers, hours were decent
Was going downhill when I left
Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 24, 2018
The place was going downhill before I left. The staff was extremely overworked and treated as though they didn't matter. Cut out quarterly bonuses. It got to the point where you would have to give yourself a pep talk to walk through the doors to go to work.
OSF is a great place to work for.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 18, 2018
I worked in multiple departments at OSF and never had a negative experience. A good company to grow with. They promote growth and help you reach your goals within your career.
Pros
Promote professional development
Cons
Pay is less than comparing facilities
Excellent healthcare
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 11, 2018
As a nurse extern, I was able to learn from nurses while in nursing school. Saint Francis Medical Center provides excellent patient care. There are a wide variety of job opportunities, and they promote a positive work environment.
Pros
healthcare
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2018
Liked the job very good place to work workers did a lot of work stayed busy & kept me on my feet. It was nice to meet different patients nurses were great.
management sucks
Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 11, 2018
well where to start... you will always just be a number to these people. no matter how much they tell you they care about you they don't. all they care about is getting people in the door and making money. the sisters don't run the hospital anymore. they are only just a face for the "not for profit" money maker. Yes they do have a lot of great doctors and nurses that work there, and i would 100% say go there for medical attention. DO NOT WORK THERE
Pros
great people
Cons
horrible management all round
good environment
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 10, 2018
this is a very good place to work, patient and great and co workers are pleasant to work with. I would recommend this workplace to other people to work.
Pros
work freintly
Cons
12 hour shifts
Medicine to the Highest Power!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 10, 2018
Stable employment with excellent benefits, many opportunities for advancement. Employees are encouraged to excel in their jobs. The atmosphere is friendly.
Pros
Tuition Assistance, Earned Time Off, Insurance
wonderful mission and vision
DIRECTOR OF AMBULATORY PATIENT CARE, OSF (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 25, 2018
OSF is a special place to work. With its strong mission and vision of the OSF Sisters of the Third Order, it promotes a culture of care and compassion. Excellent care is provided in a learning environment. It is like an extended family.
Friendly and caring staff
Charge/Triage/Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 16, 2018
Overall a great place to be. The staff from physicians to environmental services are friendly and caring. The commitment to patient care is exemplary from the nursing staff.
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 13, 2018
Constantly understaffed. New administration is not floor staff friendly. Most of the staff nurses are brand new out of school and overwhelmed. More worried about outward appearance than internal issues.
Pros
20% off at gym now
Cons
Asministration out of touch with staff
Fun enviroment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 9, 2018
Fun, all the employees and staff are help and welcoming. Well staffed in all areas of the hospital. Safe nurse to patient ratios. Competitive pay rates and benefits.
Productive and well balanced place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MO 63703March 3, 2018
Nice place to work. Been there for 13 years now and want to continue working with this company. Smoke free facility which is great! Good benefits and retirement plans.
Pros
Get all the hours I want.
Cons
Don’t always get a break. Can be short on staff often.
Deceiving work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 25, 2018
Working with the staff and directors was great, management is another matter. Work days are long and no administrative assistance. Should not have accepted this position but hindsight is 20/20.
Good workplace, understaffed
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Generally, volunteering at Saint Francis was pretty good - however, it was clear that some departments were understaffed, or that other departments didn't really care for student volunteers