Saint Joseph Health System Employee Reviews

good
Pizza Chef/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 18, 2018
was a good place to work with a nice atmosphere and friendly and helpful co-workers. I would definitely recommend this saint Joe for a place of employment.
Gme
Informatica Administrator (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 21, 2018
I currently work for the GME and I have to say how amazing it is to be part of an outstanding team who truly cares not only for its faculty and residents but for each person that contributes to the overall success of the program. Saint Joseph is one of the best place I have ever worked. I feel like I am apart of a big family. The Director is one of the most caring and understanding people I have ever met. Anyone that has the chance to work for the GME is truly lucky.
Pros
Some of the best benifits in the northern Indiana area
Records clerk
Medical Records Clerk/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, MIOctober 2, 2018
Enjoyed the records department. Supervisor was always willing to teach and was flexible if I needed a day off. Co-workers were pleasant as well. .I enjoyed visiting new mothers to do birth certificates.
Pros
flexible
Cons
stress
work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 6, 2018
My experience at saint Josephs was amazing to say the least . i learned so much about myself and the healthcare system. it was a very diverse place to work so i also got to learn a lot about different cultures. the hardest part of my job were the hours. i worked 11 pm- 730 am yet i enjoyed it very much. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients , watching them get better and better everyday, and also my co workers , they were amazing !
Great per diem job
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Queen of the Valley. However as a per diem employee, they require that you work six weekend days in eight week period. Too many weekend requirements with my regular job
Pros
People, Pay
Cons
Required per diem hours
Sjhs
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2018
Saint Joseph Health System has had many changes over the past ten years. Changes that occur and deemed necessary are not always the easiest to accept.
Pros
Faith Based
Cons
Too large too fast
Promotion
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 20, 2018
If you went to school in Health field, that's a good place to work with a lot of room to grow but if you didn't, there is not much room to grow and promoted.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not much room to grow
no review
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 27, 2018
I have liked working where I am at for the past year. At times I wish there were more challenges with the job, but getting to know the doctors and the patients is the best part of the job.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 25, 2018
I started at Saint Joseph Health System as a new graduate nurse in 2003. I was trained by one of the best nurses, and women I have ever known. She let me do things and let me learn at my own pace. I credit her with much of my success and confidence. I now am a lead preceptor for new employees and try to train them the way she trained me. I love being on the elevator on the way to the sixth floor where I work, every time the door opens, I see someone that I know from some other department and we always exchange a hello and a smile. It is like a large family and I love that about Saint Joseph Health System. They have given me a second home, a place to grow and develop my skills and talents. I am constantly encouraged by my co-workers and leaders to push myself to be better and to create a better experience for my patients. I love that I can call my co-workers and leaders friends. People care about each other outside of the hospital as well as inside. We cheer one another on and feel each others defeats and hurts. I would recommend this employer to anyone and I am only choosing to leave it for relocation reasons. I will always cherish the relationships and experiences I have had a Saint Joseph Health System.
Pros
Family Environment, competitive wages, great leadership, perfect size to work for.
Cons
Shortage of nurses at times, located in area where there is not a lot of competition for jobs
Sodexo management is poor
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 30, 2018
I loved working in all the different departments that we had to clean in evs. Nursing staff and support staff were always amazing to be around. However the evs staff and manager are very disrespectful towards one another. Lots of favoritism. No teamwork. Lots of gossiping.
Pros

Want to know more about Saint Joseph Health System?

Ask a question
I love my job at St. Joe
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2018
I am able to advance and learn. There are plenty of specialties and surgeries that keep me busy. I can specialize in one area of focus if I like. I really enjoy Gynecology.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not able to get lunch
the most enjoyable part of the job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 31, 2018
the opportunity to make a difference; the mission of the organization as well as the people I work with and their devotion to the mission of caring for patients.
Used to be a great place to work...now, not so much
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 26, 2018
Worked here for many years. Recent management changes has left me with no confidence that decisions are made with all considerations in mind. Feel we are in a sinking ship
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
upper leadership is not dialed in to issues, work flow, needs ot employees
The most enjoyable part of the job
I.T. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
My favorite part of the job by far is the interaction with patients and their families when we are called at bedside. No matter how much pressure I'm under or how bad my day has gone up to that point, being able to make a patient smile always brightens my day.
excellent
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 3, 2018
a wonderful work environment. a typical work day was wonderful. Manners were awesome. I learned how important .Manaemen can e jkdkjfd;ljka;lkj. in he work
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 14, 2018
Mission based care. Very fair to employees. Food is outstanding. Faith in my direct manager to keep our department moving forward. Would like to stay with my current position, but my family is moving.
Fast paced no teamwork
Registered Nurse critical Care Progressive (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 19, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone unless you like a nursing job with no teamwork! Very rarely got a break! 12 hours always turned into 14. Management changed 3 times in a year and a half!
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Management from top to bottom is a joke
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 31, 2018
There is no structure. Management is worthless and unavailable. They don't care about their patients or their staff. They hire only new RNs so that the poor souls no nothing different and then try to make them believe that the horrible things that they do are "normal."
limited options
Non-management employee (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 29, 2017
Culture is very top-down. Suggestions for improvement from non-management level people is not encouraged or accepted. If you like to keep your opinions to yourself and just do what you're told then this is the place for you.
Fun place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 26, 2017
Very great place to work, Friendly staff and out going people who are willing to help you no matter what. Also great pay. Great management, Great place
Pros
Lunch on campus
Cons
Faced pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Joseph Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Joseph Health System Reviews by Location