Saint Joseph Health System Employee Reviews

work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 6, 2018
My experience at saint Josephs was amazing to say the least . i learned so much about myself and the healthcare system. it was a very diverse place to work so i also got to learn a lot about different cultures. the hardest part of my job were the hours. i worked 11 pm- 730 am yet i enjoyed it very much. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients , watching them get better and better everyday, and also my co workers , they were amazing !
Great per diem job
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Queen of the Valley. However as a per diem employee, they require that you work six weekend days in eight week period. Too many weekend requirements with my regular job
Pros
People, Pay
Cons
Required per diem hours
Sjhs
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2018
Saint Joseph Health System has had many changes over the past ten years. Changes that occur and deemed necessary are not always the easiest to accept.
Pros
Faith Based
Cons
Too large too fast
the most enjoyable part of the job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 31, 2018
the opportunity to make a difference; the mission of the organization as well as the people I work with and their devotion to the mission of caring for patients.
Sodexo management is poor
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 30, 2018
I loved working in all the different departments that we had to clean in evs. Nursing staff and support staff were always amazing to be around. However the evs staff and manager are very disrespectful towards one another. Lots of favoritism. No teamwork. Lots of gossiping.
no review
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 27, 2018
I have liked working where I am at for the past year. At times I wish there were more challenges with the job, but getting to know the doctors and the patients is the best part of the job.
Used to be a great place to work...now, not so much
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 26, 2018
Worked here for many years. Recent management changes has left me with no confidence that decisions are made with all considerations in mind. Feel we are in a sinking ship
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
upper leadership is not dialed in to issues, work flow, needs ot employees
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 25, 2018
I started at Saint Joseph Health System as a new graduate nurse in 2003. I was trained by one of the best nurses, and women I have ever known. She let me do things and let me learn at my own pace. I credit her with much of my success and confidence. I now am a lead preceptor for new employees and try to train them the way she trained me. I love being on the elevator on the way to the sixth floor where I work, every time the door opens, I see someone that I know from some other department and we always exchange a hello and a smile. It is like a large family and I love that about Saint Joseph Health System. They have given me a second home, a place to grow and develop my skills and talents. I am constantly encouraged by my co-workers and leaders to push myself to be better and to create a better experience for my patients. I love that I can call my co-workers and leaders friends. People care about each other outside of the hospital as well as inside. We cheer one another on and feel each others defeats and hurts. I would recommend this employer to anyone and I am only choosing to leave it for relocation reasons. I will always cherish the relationships and experiences I have had a Saint Joseph Health System.
Pros
Family Environment, competitive wages, great leadership, perfect size to work for.
Cons
Shortage of nurses at times, located in area where there is not a lot of competition for jobs
The most enjoyable part of the job
I.T. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
My favorite part of the job by far is the interaction with patients and their families when we are called at bedside. No matter how much pressure I'm under or how bad my day has gone up to that point, being able to make a patient smile always brightens my day.
Promotion
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 20, 2018
If you went to school in Health field, that's a good place to work with a lot of room to grow but if you didn't, there is not much room to grow and promoted.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not much room to grow
I love my job at St. Joe
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2018
I am able to advance and learn. There are plenty of specialties and surgeries that keep me busy. I can specialize in one area of focus if I like. I really enjoy Gynecology.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not able to get lunch
excellent
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 3, 2018
a wonderful work environment. a typical work day was wonderful. Manners were awesome. I learned how important .Manaemen can e jkdkjfd;ljka;lkj. in he work
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 14, 2018
Mission based care. Very fair to employees. Food is outstanding. Faith in my direct manager to keep our department moving forward. Would like to stay with my current position, but my family is moving.
Fast paced no teamwork
Registered Nurse critical Care Progressive (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 19, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone unless you like a nursing job with no teamwork! Very rarely got a break! 12 hours always turned into 14. Management changed 3 times in a year and a half!
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Management from top to bottom is a joke
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 31, 2018
There is no structure. Management is worthless and unavailable. They don't care about their patients or their staff. They hire only new RNs so that the poor souls no nothing different and then try to make them believe that the horrible things that they do are "normal."
limited options
Non-management employee (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 29, 2017
Culture is very top-down. Suggestions for improvement from non-management level people is not encouraged or accepted. If you like to keep your opinions to yourself and just do what you're told then this is the place for you.
Fun place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 26, 2017
Very great place to work, Friendly staff and out going people who are willing to help you no matter what. Also great pay. Great management, Great place
Pros
Lunch on campus
Cons
Faced pace
good choice for healthcare workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 29, 2017
learned a lot during my 11+ years. Was able to gain new skills on a regular basis in order to further enhance my skill set. Gained very essential multitasking skills.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
emotional environent
Excellent job
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYAugust 30, 2017
It is a awesome place to work.
Very flexible and willing to work with you. Steady workflow. Very nice coworkers. Excellent manager. Average pay and benefits are good.
Faith Based Care is the strong point.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 25, 2017
Faith based care is real, and it is what has kept me there for so long. The culture is changing though. The newer nurses think the nurses station is where they work like it is home base, they run in the room and do a task and run back out to the desk to be with their friends. Nurses are hired to care for patients. Patients are generally in their beds in the rooms. This might be happening at other hospitals too, could be a generational thing. But stronger management would help to keep nurses at the bedside caring for the patients as they are being paid to do.
Pros
Beautiful grounds
Cons
We are not given break time to enjoy the beautiful grounds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Joseph Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Joseph Health System Reviews by Location