Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow my career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 27, 2018
Love the mission-driven compelling work that I do! So thankful for an inspiring leader who helps me to get resources needed, removes barriers and encourages me. Supports continued education - the tuition reimbursement benefits is so much better than any of my previous hospital employers! Since joining SJMHS I am so happy. My career has taken off, I love the work I do and the people that I work with and know that we are making the difference in the lives of patients and the community.
Pros
Benefits, culture, pay, atmosphere, career advancement
Review
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 13, 2018
I love working for St Joes in Ann Arbor. The facility is beautiful, senior nursing management is inspiring. Tuition reimbursement is lower than I would like. Benefits are not as good as I would like. Despite 13 years of experience, being certified, belonging to a nursing organization and chairing my unit based council and sitting on 3 other leadership councils I am having a tough time advancing my career. I'm looking outside of the organization at this point.
Could be a great place
CSPD (Former Employee) –  Pontiac MichNovember 28, 2018
SJMH is not loyal to their employees. always short staffed and no proper training for new employees, No room for advancement. no team engagement, Nepotism. Manager has a my way or no way attitude, never available and untruthful, poor to no follow up. .Non supportive. Afternoon Supervisor has a bad attitude unapproachable, .
Pros
Fair pay and benefits
Cons
understaffed. mandatory overtime. no team engagement
Great place to work for
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. The people there are great but management is not the best. A lot of favoritism within the department. Need more advancement opportunities and need to hire a more professional and experienced department supervisor.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work / life balance
Middle management unknowledgable (some-certainly not all), immediate crew and pamazing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 3, 2018
Love the team-from reception staff to physicians and everyone in between. But middle management isn’t very knowledgeable, which in turn causes much unnecessary difficulty, making everyone jobs harder. Suggestions and constructive feedback is NOT welcomed.
Pros
Insurance mid range, various extras available if wanting to pay for them, nonprofit
Cons
Fair to poor match 403B, minimal education opportunities unless directly required for job (ACLS for ex)
A great teaching hospital. I learned so much!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 7, 2019
From entry level to the CEO very professional. Well organized. Very willing to encourage the staff in skills and education. Great group of nurses they work as a team. The mission of compassion and to show mercy.
Pros
Very rewarding and satisfying
Cons
Very little it was very positive
My standard for how to run a radiology department
1st Year Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 23, 2018
Being a first year student not knowing what to do and not wanted to screw anything up, i was really stressed out because of how much i beat myself up. I am thankful that the techs were patient with me as i tried to learn as much as i could in the one year i was working there. the manager was efficient and would jump into the department and help when needed. the radiologists are also patient with students which is a plus.
Pros
Location next to my school, Techs know how to teach, dedicated OR techs
Cons
large size
Poor management
Case Management (Former Employee) –  livoniaDecember 10, 2018
Management including Human Resources, offers ZERO support it's nurses/employees should problems arise they do nothing to intervene with inexperienced managers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
poor leadership
Awful Management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 4, 2018
I was hired as a social worker, but would "talked to" when trying to help patients access community resources. After a few months I went to HR regarding my supervisor and within 2 days I was let go. You couldn't pay me to go back.
Pros
Cons
Management, no support
Awesome caring hospital that I miss!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIAugust 16, 2018
A job I looked forward to going to. I worked with an incredible group of dedicated and caring Nurses. Every day focus was "The Patient and family" What we could do to help and make them as comfortable as possible Team Leaders that would work along side you and listen to new ideas. I like staying busy so I never liked to stand around. I would go back help make beds, stock, assist in any way I could to help the patient.
I left only because I moved out of State to be near my daughter
Awesome
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
Great place to grow in your career, competitive salary .it made the top ten best hospital in the country we are a 5 time magnet award winner.we have outstanding team work our motto we're all in this together , outstanding in helping the needy over a hundred years old we merged with Emory health care 5 years ago
Pros
Perks all though the year
Cons
Na
Good place, good people
SUPPLY CHAIN INVENTORY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 22, 2018
Like any other job, can be stressful at times but the work isn't hard, a little challenging but not hard. Avenge hours with a little over time here and there.
Endoscopy
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIAugust 18, 2018
With any position there are pros and cons. The patients are great to care for. The staff is great to work with. The management has positives and negatives.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
very busy
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 28, 2018
Saint Joseph mercy hospital is a good place to work. It can be very busy and stressful. I have learned a lot from working here. I do like that they help with tuition reimbursement.
Clinical rotation/student
Student Jan (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 24, 2018
Great environment for students to learn in, friendly hospital with comfortable private rooms for patients. All of the technology was up to date. Environment was easy-going.
My favorite place to work so far!
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 8, 2018
St.Joseph is a great place to work. They offer excellent patient care and really try to find the root of the problem. They treat everyone with great respect.
Pros
Awesome doctors!
Cons
Hostile and incompetent supervisor. Numerous patient safety issues .
Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Cardiac surgeryNovember 6, 2017
Incompetent and hostile supervisor. Management does not care. Nepotism and cliques. Power held by few individuals who will make your work life miserable.
You are working at an institution that does not value you as an employee. If you are not part of the clique, then you have no place to go. Cardiac surgery department is the worst place to work. The work environment is very hostile and unfair. Be careful about bringing patient safety issues to light as you may experience retaliation and extreme hostility. Better look for a job elsewhere.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor management. Hostile coworkers and supervisors. Lots of patient safety issues.
I enjoyed working here
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 9, 2018
I really liked this job. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the hospital. My co-workers were great. Everyone really tried to get along and work together.
Fun environment
Admin Assistant to the Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 25, 2018
I had an opportunity to grow and be exposed to confidential documents, upcoming future sites not known to the the public. Very organized staff in a fun environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Pto
Cons
Stressful
provides on the job training
Hospital Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 29, 2018
supports staff training and development. provided on the job training that allowed me to advance. PTO based on years of service and accrued by hours worked.