Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working here
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 9, 2018
I really liked this job. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the hospital. My co-workers were great. Everyone really tried to get along and work together.
Fun environment
Admin Assistant to the Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 25, 2018
I had an opportunity to grow and be exposed to confidential documents, upcoming future sites not known to the the public. Very organized staff in a fun environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Pto
Cons
Stressful
Nightmare for nurses
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 18, 2018
Management could care less about how much they worked the nurses, it was all about numbers and how many patients get seen, no importance on quality of care. Work for 8 hours pay but end up working 10-12 hours 5 days a week and catching up on days off too. No compassion for employees, the trinity mission statement is not followed.
It was good years ago. No longer.
If you value your license, be careful.
Pros
Cons
All work, no life
Volunteer
Link Volunteer Navigator Program (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 26, 2018
I approached the patients to share the benefits they could receive from American Cancer Society. It was wonderful to get to know the patients and staff.
Pros
Great working with Patients
Cons
Volunteer - no pay
Great Place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 3, 2018
I truly enjoy working here. It is like a big family. Seems everyone knows everyone. I don't dread coming to work. Family, life balance is real good. I am not clinical, so this may be different for others, but in my dept PFS its well rounded. Excellent PTO.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Pay
I was a student nurse at clinical here.
Nursing Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 30, 2018
St. Joes was a wonderful teaching environment and I enjoyed learning from the nurses there. They are very patient and I highly recommend St. Joes. I had clinical on several different units and loved them all, along with the staff.
Not a good place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI and Ypsilanti, MIApril 23, 2018
I’ve been with the company for over 3 years. Looking for a new job as we speak. Management is horrible. Problems are never resolved. No bonuses, low pay, raises are a joke.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Overall, a great place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 14, 2018
Great place to work. Real commitment to excellence! The staff is very caring and committed to service. Very positive environment. I would highly recommend anyone pursuing a health care career to look here first.
Pros
Free parking, great work environment, caring staff
Cons
pay is not the best for certain positions
Management not good
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 7, 2018
Management does not appreciate employees.
Doctors do not even know their own employees.
No recognition from higher up management.
Cannot keep staffing levies adequate.
Fun place to work with great training
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 16, 2018
Great management of the float staff. Very straight forward in regards to expectations and training. Offer constant feedback and continually looking to help advance your career with SJMHS.

Want to know more about Saint Joseph Mercy Health System?

Ask a question
Progressive, high quality health system
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Very focused, highly reliable organization, with excellent teamwork. Excellent nursing staff and physicians. Mission-oriented, with strong onsite and system-wide leadership. Strong financial management and continuous process improvement. Many employees spend their whole career at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Pros
Misson oriented with strong, ethical leaders, high expectations for quality
Cons
Fast pace of growth across the health system, keeping appropriate nurse:patient ratios
value of a good employee
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2018
huron wood is under staffed and sad value of their employees is very low. I will say the residents are amazing, however they are not as active as one would hope this is not an traditional assisted its has lifts and hospice care this is more of a lessor populated nursing home.
Pros
free meals great families and residents
Cons
under staff underpaid and stressful
hospital setting is driffent
Environmental aide (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 23, 2017
its driffent to work for a hospital setting and the hardest part of the job workplace culture and learned that people are sick and are not at there best
Pros
meet alot of driffent people
Cons
dealing with sick people
Practice Manager
Office Manager & Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 20, 2017
Recruited and managed four physicians and twelve staff members
Managed full cycle medical billing for the practice
Handled payroll, bookkeeping, and inventory of office and medical supplies (immunizations, injections)
Credentialed all physicians with insurance companies
Great Hospital, Bad Security Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MINovember 25, 2017
Chelsea Hospital is a good place to work at. Most all people are professional and very nice, even upper management/administration are all great people.

Problem is: The Security Sergeant/Supervisor is a loud mouth with a hot temper. He is totally unfit to manage which is probably the reason he was released from his past job. This is a person who knows nothing about the hospital he works in, refuses to be of any guidance to his staff and pretty much just sits in his office all day instead of doing anything! I guess if you can get away with getting paid for doing nothing than why not?
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
Working for that Security Sergeant/Supervisor.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 9, 2017
Good place to work if you're going into healthcare. I liked the opportunity to work on all different floors, just wish the people that worked there were actually nice
Home Care division-overworked, no respect, poor management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedNovember 6, 2017
I left my job as a field staff nurse with this company after several years, due to a change in leadership, ownership and protocol for handling patient care.
There is NO work/life balance.
Field staff are sent large distances and productivity requirements are set with no regard or concession for travel time or visit acuity.
Management is unresponsive and when they do respond to emails and calls, there is a complete lack of support or willingness to listen to concerns.
Patients do not receive adequate care, visit frequency is underutilized even following hospitalization and exacerbation, due to both the company protocol that each patient is allowed a very low number of skilled visits, and also due to very short staffing, with the recent mass exodus of employees.
Pay is consistent with the market, however, if one considers the number of hours required to be worked in a day to meet productivity, in a salaried model for field nurses, pay is highly inadequate.
There is a major communication breakdown between office and field staff, causing visits to be missed, important lab work and treatments to be missed, and then when these issues are caught, field staff is sent out on a moment's notice to see patients who are already irate with the substandard handling of their case.
I would not recommend this company to prospective employees or to patients.
Pros
N/a
Cons
See review
Hostile and incompetent supervisor. Numerous patient safety issues .
Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Cardiac surgeryNovember 6, 2017
Incompetent and hostile supervisor. Management does not care. Nepotism and cliques. Power held by few individuals who will make your work life miserable.
You are working at an institution that does not value you as an employee. If you are not part of the clique, then you have no place to go. Cardiac surgery department is the worst place to work. The work environment is very hostile and unfair. Be careful about bringing patient safety issues to light as you may experience retaliation and extreme hostility. Better look for a job elsewhere.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor management. Hostile coworkers and supervisors. Lots of patient safety issues.
Awesome
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
Great place to grow in your career, competitive salary .it made the top ten best hospital in the country we are a 5 time magnet award winner.we have outstanding team work our motto we're all in this together , outstanding in helping the needy over a hundred years old we merged with Emory health care 5 years ago
Pros
Perks all though the year
Cons
Na
it's a great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 5, 2017
it's a great place to work. the focus is on the patient, yet work-life balance is important to the leaders there. that's one of my favorite things - the leadership model has always been transformational, even before that was 'popular'
Pros
plenty of parking, nice campus, nice people, great doctors
Cons
really can't think of any