Saint Louis University Hospital Employee Reviews

Hard
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2019
This is a difficult place to work, high acuity, difficult population and a building that is severely outdated. The new hospital should be nice but still will face many challenges
Burned out care partner
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2018
This job made me realize I never wanted to spend the rest of my life inside 4 walls of a hospital. The patients were amazing, and showed me the strengths of families and perseverance, whether they were city or country folk. I learned a lot during my time there, which helped me in the future to look back on my experiences. There were some amazing people I worked with and some who were not so great, which contributed to a toxic work environment. Some ethical concerns, but they are under new management now so perhaps that has changed. My biggest recommendation to SLUH is to hire more black people, especially for higher up positions, because your patient demographic doesn't match the color of your doctors and nurses. I eventually learned what patients from the east side were saying, but I could never really relate or understand their experiences and sociocultural aspects....
Pros
cool coworkers and junk food in the break rooms
Cons
some miserable coworkers
Union nurses
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  NursingNovember 11, 2018
Staff nurses are union, charge nurses and higher management non-union. Unfortunately that makes overall work complicated, us against them! Other than that SLU is a great place to work!
not
Patient care coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2018
The training was horrible, by far the worst job i have had. No communication through out the clinic. There is no teamwork. Just looking for a job where i can advance.
Toxic, unorganized
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
The hospital management had recently switched to SSM. However, when I was there the floor management did a very poor job managing day to day operations. Within my actual department it was super toxic, no sense of team, and educational opportunities were sub par at best. I had worked at many hospitals before this one and have not ran into a department where the majority of the physicians hate educating their residents. And you can also tell because the department lost half of its physicians in a 6 month period.
not a great place
OR Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2018
If you were smart you would consider a different ssm hospital like cardinal glennon or st marys. I think that if you want to work at a place that doesn't care about it patients or employees you will succeed here.
Cons
pay, excessive call, bad management
productive and nice place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2018
I like working for St Louis University, my supervisor is really caring, and smart, my co-workers are cool people to be around. What i like most about the job is the patients.
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Bad Medicine
Supervisor-Nichole Russell (Former Employee) –  CVICUSeptember 17, 2018
Its a great place to work with good people but the medical culture there is terrible. People are experiments there, not people. Very bad medicine in my opinion.
Productive, fast paced workplace
Sr. Billing/Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
A typical workday at in ENT was scheduling and providing patients with billing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends. The workplace was always fast paced and could sometimes be stressful. The hardest part of the job was reconciling insurance transactions and resolving account disputes. The most enjoyable was helping each other get through the day by being a team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
It is an awesome company to work for
Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
I learned from my co-workers, supervisors, doc's and most of all my patients, we loved treating each and every patient we saw with dignity and respect
benefits
Cons
bridge traffic
it was a beautiful place to work
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
It was an awesome place to work the people , patients were very nice and respectful towards everyone and I learned alot from fellow employees, bosses
Pros
the pay per hr
Cons
travel time and bridge trafic
Always something new
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 27, 2018
SLU Hospital is an exciting place to work; You see patients with unusual cases and work with amazing physicians who are leaders in recent research. The nursing staff is dedicated and top notch. The use of nurse practitioners and physician assistants varies widely between services in responsibilities and collaboration.
Exciting work environment that provided continuous training
Transplant Nurse Full-time (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2018
I enjoyed the environment that continuously promoted learning and always allowed for hands on experience during the training period. Management was the downfall.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Productive and dedicated work environment
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
My time spent at SLU Hospital was amazing. The staff and management truly cared about its employees and make sure their professional and personal needs were address. The staff remained dedicated to patient care and always treated patients independently and professionally.
Pros
Teamwork and compassion
I always have gotten a good review with company
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
It’s a ok place to work for needs lots of changes old hospital lots of call . Very close family of people. The building is old but the are building a new building.
Pros
Very tight close workers
Cons
Just a lots of call
Care Partner
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2018
Great place to learn and grow! Patient load is light, and staff is very helpful. It is a teaching facility so there are many opportunities, to transfer, grow, and learn from surrounding professionals.
school trouble
Surgical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2018
it was alright but they didn't work around my school schedule. I had to start looking for other jobs while there because they were so poorly understaffed.
Nice place to work
Senior Telecommunication Engineer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2018
Hospital environment, can be hectic at times, very rewarding at other times. We could finish our job ahead of time and had grateful supervisors. Nice place to work.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Short time projects
Productive and fun work place
Catering associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
I loved working here, managers were great. They taught me a lot. Actually one of the best jobs I ever had. As long as you go in do your job it's a good long term job for anyone
Daily work day
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
Constant change and learning something new everyday. Always an adventure. Never a dull day. Some room for advancement. Has some ups and downs as most organizations do.