Saint Louis University Employee Reviews

Perfect place for a SLU student to work at
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2018
Getting a part-time student job with Saint Louis University is the best thing you can do as a SLU student. Not only are they flexible with your hours, but you get to meet and network with a lot of the university's staff and faculty. Great learning experience!
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed environment, networking opportunities
productive and fun
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2018
1) good learning experience
2)Collaborative culture made it enjoyable
3)Fun team and management
4)Worked with many different departments and communities
Overall, SLU was a good place to work.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2018
SLU was the perfect place to get my foot in the door for the field I wanted to make a career in. However, I worked there during a time of great change and reorganization. Thus, job security was nonexistent and coworkers were uptight about that, too.
Educational, diverse, and open work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2018
Loved working as a grad student at SLU. Great opportunities, the benefits were very good, and my department (Social Work) regularly went to bat for their grad students. Good job opportunities and chances for research collaboration.
Organized,great team
Application support analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2018
My experience working at SLU has been tremendous,I have gained a lot of experience.The team is excellent and helps you understand the work that is presented to you
Pros
Free drinks
Not a good place to work you either have to play the game or someone in your family knows someone.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2018
Does not promote from within ,Supervisor keep up a lot mess the moral of the workers is very low not a good place to work. Also it takes so long to get vacation days also you have to pay for your parking with them paying you 12.37 hr.
Pros
Christmas break off 8or 9 days with pay.
Cons
Moral is very low😞
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 27, 2018
Working for SLU is a place that allows growth all while learning. It is fast paced but fun; since being at SLU I've gained valuable skills and friends.
Excellent job security but not much room for job advancement and salary increase.
Patient Account Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2018
Every day I take multiple calls from patients/clients some not so pleasant, but knowing I made the difference for someone else completes my day.....
Pros
Pay 100% for tutition
Cons
You pay for Parking
Basically after 18 years sad but really want to go elsewhere.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2018
Very depressing environment currently @ SLU. I have been with SLU 18 years and never have seen morale so low. I have never seen so many people seeking other employment.
Pros
benefit package to include vacation & holidays
Cons
Work environment and morale so low
Tutor/Teacher's Assistant
Tutor/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
I was provided mentoring and guidance as needed. I did like the freedom of scheduling tutor sessions as my schedule changed frequently. I would recommend to any student for a part time job.
Good
Applied Social Lab Undergraduate RA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
It was great. Made lots of friends. Great environment. Multiculturalism. Languages. Traveling opportunities. Challenging people as well. Critical thinking.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed working alongside with the faculty and learning new biological concepts. I had the opportunity to interact with numerous students and engage them in various experiments taught to me by the SLU staff.
Typical Higher Education Atmosphere
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2018
A lot of talking, not a lot of doing. My last year the University and our department were going through a lot of changes that made my position more difficulty. Even through the trying periods, however, I still enjoyed working for SLU. They will double you retirement contribution up to 10%. The best benefit, full tuition for you and your defendants. I only had to pay $25 a credit hour for my MBA. Job satisfaction depends on your outlook so if you go in with an open mind and make the best of bad situations, you will love working there and the benefits will out weigh the negatives.
Senior Analyst for SLUCare Systems Support Group (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
Not a place for current or competitive technologies, architecture, or security. As expected, their focus and mission are education driven, so much of the cutting edge technologies are not primary. Consequently, work often as more time-consuming than it had to be. The upside to the lesser advantages of a lower tech environment were more stability and more time to do work with more reasonable demands. I did enjoy the work culture and customer service environment of my work.
Pros
I did enjoy the work culture and customer service environment of my work.
Cons
Promotions and raises very few and almost pace with inflation.
Bypass This Company
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2018
Management shirked responsibility to leave to other workers.Organization is poorly managed and therefor chaotic and work goes undone and passed off to person after person. The future of the organization is unclear as they have began lay offs in an effort to procure more money for the expansions.
Cons
pay for parking, management, low pay
Productive place to work
Human Resources/Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
It was a learning experience to work there. You got to meet the parents and the students. You were able to meet lots of people and inter-act with your co-workers
Pros
Educational
Cons
Alot of work, with very little compensation.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
Typical graduate school experience. I have the benefit of being apart of a very small program. Students in larger programs tend to have more complaints.
Great team atmosphere
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2018
Consistent workload from day to day - never too stressful! Would return in the future! I really enjoyed working with the people in my department - such a joy!
excellent environment to learn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
learned research step by step
opportunities to listen and watch
good chances to qa and review
lots of processes to do
it was a good experience
grateful for opportunity
Its an nice company to work for
Records Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Its a fun and enjoyable place to work. I have learned some different type of skills and the different cultures here. I would recommend any one to work here. I just think the department I work for need to re train some management.
Pros
I love the diversity and culture ratio here
Cons
Im not comfortable with a lot of management