Saint Louis University Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable workplace
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed working alongside with the faculty and learning new biological concepts. I had the opportunity to interact with numerous students and engage them in various experiments taught to me by the SLU staff.
Typical Higher Education Atmosphere
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2018
A lot of talking, not a lot of doing. My last year the University and our department were going through a lot of changes that made my position more difficulty. Even through the trying periods, however, I still enjoyed working for SLU. They will double you retirement contribution up to 10%. The best benefit, full tuition for you and your defendants. I only had to pay $25 a credit hour for my MBA. Job satisfaction depends on your outlook so if you go in with an open mind and make the best of bad situations, you will love working there and the benefits will out weigh the negatives.
Senior Analyst for SLUCare Systems Support Group (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2018
Not a place for current or competitive technologies, architecture, or security. As expected, their focus and mission are education driven, so much of the cutting edge technologies are not primary. Consequently, work often as more time-consuming than it had to be. The upside to the lesser advantages of a lower tech environment were more stability and more time to do work with more reasonable demands. I did enjoy the work culture and customer service environment of my work.
Pros
I did enjoy the work culture and customer service environment of my work.
Cons
Promotions and raises very few and almost pace with inflation.
Bypass This Company
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2018
Management shirked responsibility to leave to other workers.Organization is poorly managed and therefor chaotic and work goes undone and passed off to person after person. The future of the organization is unclear as they have began lay offs in an effort to procure more money for the expansions.
Cons
pay for parking, management, low pay
Productive place to work
Human Resources/Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
It was a learning experience to work there. You got to meet the parents and the students. You were able to meet lots of people and inter-act with your co-workers
Pros
Educational
Cons
Alot of work, with very little compensation.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
Typical graduate school experience. I have the benefit of being apart of a very small program. Students in larger programs tend to have more complaints.
Great team atmosphere
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2018
Consistent workload from day to day - never too stressful! Would return in the future! I really enjoyed working with the people in my department - such a joy!
excellent environment to learn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
learned research step by step
opportunities to listen and watch
good chances to qa and review
lots of processes to do
it was a good experience
grateful for opportunity
Its an nice company to work for
Records Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Its a fun and enjoyable place to work. I have learned some different type of skills and the different cultures here. I would recommend any one to work here. I just think the department I work for need to re train some management.
Pros
I love the diversity and culture ratio here
Cons
Im not comfortable with a lot of management
Flexible hours
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Wonderful place to work and great way to review information that I needed for the future. I loved getting to know the classes below me and teaching them what I loved about the class.
exciting dermatology clinic
Full-time RMA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63104April 20, 2018
There was never a shortage of exciting work to be done at Saint Louis University dept of Dermatology. I truly loved the environment and the providers that I learned from. Each practitioner is dedicated to excellent patient care, and treats staff and patients with respect and appreciation for their combined efforts. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Learning from leaders in their field
Cons
understaffed
Being an RA is a lot of work
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2018
The weekend on call shift are long and often busy doing rounds (walking around trying to hear parties to bust). Being on call limited night life and other work.
Pros
Free Housing
Cons
Long and Late hours, and dealing with other peoples problems
Great opportunity to help people.
Medical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2018
Everyday was different. Learned how to obtain prior authorizations for diagnostic imaging. Set up referrals for chemo and radiation therapy for patients. Very busy all the time. The most enjoyable part of the position was interacting with patients.
Pros
Free coffee and tea.
Cons
High stress.
All about money
choir director/cantor coach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2018
Saint Louis university prides itself on being anti discriminatory but used transphobia as an excuse covering that phobia by means of fabricated office faux pas.
Pros
Cons
Not student oriented
great place to work
Collections Manager at Saint Louis University (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working and learning. . Help with planning and research. the work culture was great. the ability to work with others in a great environment.
Not what I expected
Senior Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Job is ok but you have to deal with somewhat rude doctors and rude patients and you have to pay for parking which is not even a garaged just a fenced parking lot in which your car can still get broken into and the pay definently doesnt match the job.
Pros
Looks good your resume
Cons
pay doesn't match
Great workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2018
Nice people and good culture.
People are helpful and interested in what you want to say. Good life balance and working environment. Good benefits overall
Working for Marketing and Communications
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of fulfilling any tasks for the Marketing Department of Saint Louis University. I work directly with Marketing Services. I do anything from tagging pictures in a database for future use on billboards or pamphlets, to fulfilling orders and preparing shipments of marketing material for customers. All of my coworkers are professional and dedicated to their jobs. It is a good work environment that helps us stay focused and efficient.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Stressful and some times fun.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2018
I've worked in different departments at Slu since 1998. Some good and some were not so good. I've also had supervisors that really cared cared about the people and some just didn't give a care and made your life a living _ _ _!
Great job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 1, 2018
I had an awesome time working there! Really relaxed environment with people who are caring and compassionate. I got to help put on a big speaker event, too!
Pros
compassionate people, bagels and other treats in break room
Cons
Boring at times