Saint Louis University Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Housing and Residence Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2019
Exceptional staff and work environment. Great hands on experience and interactions with other staff members. They focus on making sure their employees are well rounded and equipped for their tasks.
Good Place to Start
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2019
Once one of the best places to work in the St. Louis area it has now fallen off a bit. Excellent benefits, especially for those looking to further education or have children entering college.
Unfair place to work. Favoritism based off what you do for them and not many online degrees are offered
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOJune 24, 2019
I’ve heard many things about working for this
Company but I took a chance. They show favorism do not follow harassment policies.Management is horrible
Unstable working environment
Program Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 24, 2019
There is absolutely no room for advancement, once you are in a position you are stuck there. The annual salary increases (if it happens) is usually 1-2%. But as soon as you get a raise parking or health insurance rates go up so you are back to square one. In the 6 year, I was with SLU my pay did not increase a full dollar.

Layoff and reductions in staff are common. It is a very unstable place to work and has been for 6 years, there is currently a hiring freeze.
Strong leadership in the ESL department
Second Language (ESL) Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 8, 2019
SLU offers a collegial environment where colleagues will help you with questions and development. The faculty is strong, consisting of a few full-time, non-tenured faculty and several adjunct instructors. Management is excellent and are willing to help with professional development and hear you out if you have any concerns or questions.
As with many adjunct positions, benefits are virtually non-existent. An adjunct job in the ESL department here would likely need to be supplemented by other adjunct work elsewhere.
Assistant Supervisor custodial Great job horrible co-workers
Custodial Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2019
Night time employees horrible attitudes, gossip, stealing liars, not a fun working environment. A lot of trashy people. Day time might be a little better but management super judgy and hard to please. I hated working here!
Pros
Good healthcare and healthcare vitality benefit program
Cons
sick time only 3 days able to take off in 90, bad atmosphere, not enough pay for too much work, REALLY bad communication between departments
Productive and fun place to work
Security Officer/Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2019
Productive and fun workplace. Interacting with faculty, students and visitors was especially rewarding. I enjoyed attending the University for professional enrichment. Management treated me well and afforded me opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
N/a
The management and staff in my department are a great team to work with.
Office Manager, Anesthesiology and Critical Care (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2019
The management and staff in my department are a great team to work with. It is a busy and challenging role. I like the diverse and wide variety of responsibilities and the learning is never ending. Job duties for the admin are changing.
Similar Issue as Other Universities
Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 25, 2019
While working at the university does offer flexibility, it is coming with the issues of lack of support, budget cuts, and overloaded employees.

Also- You have to pay for parking.
Pros
Flexibility, 401k Matching
Cons
Low Pay, No Chance for advancement
Good evaluation
French Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2019
Saint Louis University it is a University that I learned how to be very professional. The work with my students helped me to be more organised in my work.
Great Intern job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2019
Great way to get tuition paid and learn the GIS field. Allowed to do and learn as much as you want to take on. Exposure to technology not normally in the real world.
Been here for 18 years
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2019
I love my job....but as they say, all good things must come to an end....time to move on. I guess it's been a good run, but I think my time here has come to an end.
Research/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2019
It is nice working here. I am a graduate student so the environment is different for us. The departments are small, so we get to mingle often. Staff is happy to work here.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
we work by ourselves
Dedicated to the Jesuit mission and excellence
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2019
Saint Louis University is a great place to work, with a diverse array of personalities working towards the same goal to promote the Jesuit mission and also maintain the campus as a place to offer top tier education and opportunities to students, faculty and staff.
Best Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2019
this was a great place to work.I worked here for 10 years, i would love to go back. Manger at the time was great to work for. The only reason i left is because they a job cut
Great benefits.
Sr. Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2019
Interesting, fast paced teaching environment. Management was lacking and not hands on which lead to staff dissatisfaction. The best part of working at SLU were the insurance and educational benefits.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor management
Great Place to work
Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2019
Provides exceptional customer service by maintaining or improving response time and customer satisfaction via Remedy BMC and ServiceNow ticketing escalation

Upgrade computers from Window 7 to Windows 10
Pros
Cons
Saint Louis University was down sizing IT staff
Teaching Assisant for the Labs
TA for Mechanics of Solids Lab (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2019
Had to prepare the labs and run the labs for the students. Had to grade the reports and finals. Was an easy relaxed job when there was not alot of class work or tests. there was not lab during Midterms or Finals. Lab was done before Finals.
Good place to work.
ITS Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Good place to work and take advantage of education. Certain job titles do have on-call emergency situations but I think they get spread out so that it isn't everyday or weekend.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted sporting events
Cons
Parking and dealing with Faculty.
Teacher Assistant of Mechanics of Solids Lab (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2019
an excellent professor working with him is a wonderful opportunity to improve experimental skills. Working with students is a good opportunity to think about others' perspective on some projects.
Pros
high experience.
Cons
not so update