Saint Louis University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
excellent environment to learn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
learned research step by step
opportunities to listen and watch
good chances to qa and review
lots of processes to do
it was a good experience
grateful for opportunity
Its an nice company to work for
Records Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Its a fun and enjoyable place to work. I have learned some different type of skills and the different cultures here. I would recommend any one to work here. I just think the department I work for need to re train some management.
Pros
I love the diversity and culture ratio here
Cons
Im not comfortable with a lot of management
Flexible hours
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Wonderful place to work and great way to review information that I needed for the future. I loved getting to know the classes below me and teaching them what I loved about the class.
exciting dermatology clinic
Full-time RMA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63104April 20, 2018
There was never a shortage of exciting work to be done at Saint Louis University dept of Dermatology. I truly loved the environment and the providers that I learned from. Each practitioner is dedicated to excellent patient care, and treats staff and patients with respect and appreciation for their combined efforts. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Learning from leaders in their field
Cons
understaffed
Being an RA is a lot of work
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2018
The weekend on call shift are long and often busy doing rounds (walking around trying to hear parties to bust). Being on call limited night life and other work.
Pros
Free Housing
Cons
Long and Late hours, and dealing with other peoples problems
Great opportunity to help people.
Medical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2018
Everyday was different. Learned how to obtain prior authorizations for diagnostic imaging. Set up referrals for chemo and radiation therapy for patients. Very busy all the time. The most enjoyable part of the position was interacting with patients.
Pros
Free coffee and tea.
Cons
High stress.
All about money
choir director/cantor coach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2018
Saint Louis university prides itself on being anti discriminatory but used transphobia as an excuse covering that phobia by means of fabricated office faux pas.
Pros
Cons
Not student oriented
great place to work
Collections Manager at Saint Louis University (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working and learning. . Help with planning and research. the work culture was great. the ability to work with others in a great environment.
Not what I expected
Senior Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Job is ok but you have to deal with somewhat rude doctors and rude patients and you have to pay for parking which is not even a garaged just a fenced parking lot in which your car can still get broken into and the pay definently doesnt match the job.
Pros
Looks good your resume
Cons
pay doesn't match
Great workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2018
Nice people and good culture.
People are helpful and interested in what you want to say. Good life balance and working environment. Good benefits overall
Working for Marketing and Communications
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of fulfilling any tasks for the Marketing Department of Saint Louis University. I work directly with Marketing Services. I do anything from tagging pictures in a database for future use on billboards or pamphlets, to fulfilling orders and preparing shipments of marketing material for customers. All of my coworkers are professional and dedicated to their jobs. It is a good work environment that helps us stay focused and efficient.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Stressful and some times fun.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2018
I've worked in different departments at Slu since 1998. Some good and some were not so good. I've also had supervisors that really cared cared about the people and some just didn't give a care and made your life a living _ _ _!
Great job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 1, 2018
I had an awesome time working there! Really relaxed environment with people who are caring and compassionate. I got to help put on a big speaker event, too!
Pros
compassionate people, bagels and other treats in break room
Cons
Boring at times
Communication is difficult
Master's Student (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2018
Though the benefits of getting a stipend rewarded to you is nice, communication with some professors was extremely difficult and working for some are near impossible.
Good place to learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Saint Louis University is a good place to work and learn. I would recommend people to apply a position and work at Saint Louis University. I have had great time in SLU.
Experience Depends on the Professor
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2018
The Graduate Research Assistant position is part of a scholarship-type program offered by the University. It includes a monthly stipend as well as a portion of paid tuition. The opportunity to do meaningful research and get published really depends on the professor that you are assigned to work with. My experience was less than ideal as the subject matter was not really applicable to my field of study and we never got around to being published because the professor constantly put things off.
Wonderful introduction to Saint Louis University.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Had wonderful opportunities to work for two advanced level neurosurgeons, whom I learned to very much appreciate their level of performance and abilities in their positions. Felt good about how I was able to perform in this environment, even though it was a somewhat stressful level of involvement. Learned and served as communicator with patients, families, co-workers, outside departments, and faculty. Was positioned to be promoted into the SLU Health Sciences Center Research Administration.
Pros
Worked and learned from world-renowned neurosurgeon.
Cons
Stress level in working with levels of involvement.
Excellent Department to work and Learn
Grants Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
I was pleased to have been promoted into this department because it gave me an opportunity to learn and serve Saint Louis University in the department of grants and contracts for the Health Sciences Center, including Medical School, School of Nursing, School of Allied Health, and School of Public Health. I felt that I learned and served in a very important aspect of the University, and was given the opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. for the National Council of University Research Administrators and attend national meetings in St. Louis for Society of Research Administrators. Our department had many successes in developing research administration for SLU.
Pros
Worked and learned from many valuable co-workers, staff and faculty.
Cons
Management was somewhat difficult & changed over my time there.
Good job for college student
ITS Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
I worked in multiple positions with SLU ITS. I interned in one department which included doing mostly secretarial and editing duties, such as helping employees finish presentations and articles. This was my first internship that I started when I was 18, so many of the things I learned were basic things about office culture.

Secondly, I was a student help desk attendee. A typical day at the help desk was helping students reset passwords, get connected to wifi, install software, and other minor tasks. This job was pretty enjoyable, my manager was great and my coworkers were great.

The hardest part of this job was that it was a bit monotonous.
Pros
occasional free lunches, generally relaxing
Cons
monotonous
Dr.Hall
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2018
I was lucky enough to do research and TA for one of the nicest professors around. The research was difficult and pushed me to my limits, which was a nice change of pace for me. The only downside is a low hourly wage.