Saint Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 18, 2019
Overall great company. Benefits are good. The culture of the company is fantastic and makes for a great environment. The company lives by being the best place to get care and the best place to give care - which is true.
RN Educator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 5, 2018
St. Luke’s is a great place to work it was a professional environment and the people were all very helpful and work together as a team.I would not have left had it not been for having to take care of my three young children that we adopted
Pros
Continuing education good benefits Per diem status
Cons
Productive and professional work environment
Chart Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2018
I feel Great working for Kansas City's number one hospital for Cardiovascular Heart Health!! Our hospital represent the hospitals mission with great customer service and patient care.
Pros
Holiday lunchings
Cons
No holiday bonus
Workplace Culture
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2018
This employer is a corporate setting with minimal to no advancement for growth. This had been my first job in a corporate setting, and it is to strategic with too many boundaries.
benefits
Cons
no advancement to grow
Fast paced environment in Information Services
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2018
Fast paced organization with many different programs and strategic initiatives that drives all management position. Regularly worked late and after hours to keep up with demands.
Pros
Compensation and benefits were top notch in industry
Cons
Adequate work life balance was hard to achieve
Nothing to say
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MOSeptember 14, 2018
Nothing to say, I feel that a person should determine their own opinion of a place. I moved here to this area to take care of an ageing parent. This job provided me that opportunity. No room for advancement.
Poor Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 5, 2018
Management is poor, expectations are unrealistic, you do not feel supported or appreciated by management or the company, you are just a number and replaceable. I would not recommend the Blue Valley location to work at.
Pros
hours of work, great co workers
Cons
management, pay
It’s a fun challenging place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 11, 2018
I love working with the elderly at saint lukes and working with my co workers they make the bad days good, the people of saint lukes always put a smile on my face.
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Not flexible hours
Cool place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
I learned a lot at Saint Luke's a great teaching hospital. Friendly staff and I enjoyed talking to the patients. Their was always a story to hear working their.
Pros
Meeting all walks of life working there
Cons
Employee Parking
Nice Place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed working here, just gets kinda old. management let people do what they want and its one of those situations where the harder you work, the more they ask of you instead of asking others to step up and do their job. overall, I would recommend working here.
Management doesn’t care.....you’re just a warm body
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 22, 2018
Loved this company when I started almost 11 years ago. I was walked all over by fellow coworkers and management kept brushing it under the rug. Nothing was ever done. I was asked to just keep my head down and get the work done. I was screamed at several times by coworkers with management present and still nothing was done. It caused me to develop some PTSD and depression, which ultimately lead to me going on medical leave. While on leave, I was terminated due to my doctors not releasing me to go back to work. This company has truly gotten away from their “Core Values” that they beat into your head during orientation and could care less about any and everything their employees are going through.
Pros
Some of my coworkers were amazing but they all left due to the drama
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, drama
Patients were always the main priority
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 21, 2018
Communication from management and supervisors was lacking. Great coworkers to work with and bounce ideas off of. Good diversity of settings to work in.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Too many changes in managers. No bonuses
Loved it!
RN - Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed going to work when I worked for Saint Luke's! They had a clear way to progress up the chain, and really encouraged their employees to further their education.
Friendly company
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2018
I love to be around my patients and encourage them, and help them in their journey whether it be through pregnancy, or preparing for a life changing surgery. Building bonds, and educating patients is my focus. I feel as if, the closer you are to your patients, the more they open up to you and are willing to let you help. I take every opportunity this company has given me in the last 4 years to grow and learn as a medical professional by taking classes offered to me to increase my knowledge or even just by taking advice from others who have more experience. I've learned, communication is key. A successful day starts with communication between co-workers, and doctors.
Cons
short breaks, no paid holidays.
Good Place To Get A Start
Physician Medical Informatics Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2018
Good work environment, just lacked the salary to take care of my growing family. Did not have the best co-worker and her personality made myself and the team super uncomfortable at times. Boss was great, but very busy and sometimes hard to communicate with. Benefits were great and any health services were covered if you used a SLHS physician or NP.
Could be better
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garnett, KSJune 9, 2018
This is a great place to begin your career but I would see someone transferring to a sister facility to learn more and gain experience. Management is not that great. Very rarely will you see our nurse manager on the floor. They could easily turn it around and be an amazing hospital with a few changes to staff.
Pros
goof benifits, good place to get your footing, teamwork
Cons
poor management, no food access at night
Job Security
Lead Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Health coverage is not great which is surprising since it is a health system. Advancement opportunities within the business office are hard to come by.
I enjoy the thing I'm required to perform
Behavior Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
After working in the environment of Mental Health for nearly six years with Children in Direct Patient Care I'm interesting in expanding my career path in more of an office setting. My daily duties involves assisting our client with their meals, medication and emotional needs. we transport to school, appointment and outside activities. I've learn to provide our client with patience and a listening ear to vent their feeling and share concerns. its a diverse culture which is great and exciting to explore others ideals and opinions. one of the hardest part of my job is hearing our clients trauma issues. the most important part is seeing lives changed daily.
Productive/Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
Team oriented work environment with great opportunities to learn to techniques and approaches. Staff placing others before their own needs. Management was always willing to help out during busy times.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Weekends
Micromanaged no abilty for advancement too much of a popularity contest
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2018
The physician billing is micromanaged no room for advancement.They play favorites and they are the only ones moved up in the system. Liked the company to work for just need a different style of management
Benefits
Cons
Physician billing horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight