Saint Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Could be better
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garnett, KSJune 9, 2018
This is a great place to begin your career but I would see someone transferring to a sister facility to learn more and gain experience. Management is not that great. Very rarely will you see our nurse manager on the floor. They could easily turn it around and be an amazing hospital with a few changes to staff.
Pros
goof benifits, good place to get your footing, teamwork
Cons
poor management, no food access at night
Job Security
Lead Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Health coverage is not great which is surprising since it is a health system. Advancement opportunities within the business office are hard to come by.
I enjoy the thing I'm required to perform
Behavior Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
After working in the environment of Mental Health for nearly six years with Children in Direct Patient Care I'm interesting in expanding my career path in more of an office setting. My daily duties involves assisting our client with their meals, medication and emotional needs. we transport to school, appointment and outside activities. I've learn to provide our client with patience and a listening ear to vent their feeling and share concerns. its a diverse culture which is great and exciting to explore others ideals and opinions. one of the hardest part of my job is hearing our clients trauma issues. the most important part is seeing lives changed daily.
Productive/Fast paced environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2018
Team oriented work environment with great opportunities to learn to techniques and approaches. Staff placing others before their own needs. Management was always willing to help out during busy times.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Weekends
Micromanaged no abilty for advancement too much of a popularity contest
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2018
The physician billing is micromanaged no room for advancement.They play favorites and they are the only ones moved up in the system. Liked the company to work for just need a different style of management
Benefits
Cons
Physician billing horrible management
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2018
If the pay was a little more I wouldn’t mind making a career out of this... We need more pay and benefits cause the job itself is quite a task also risky
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay rate for Evs
Face paced, Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 24, 2018
This job was a faced pace job but it was fun. There was always something that needed to be done. That is very exciting to me. Never a dull or lost moment.
Friendly environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2018
Friendly environment, everyone helps each other out. Constantly giving reviews on how to better quality of work. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in.
good activite directer lotsof bingo
STNA (Current Employee) –  Minerva, OHApril 6, 2018
A typicalDay, is that were asmaller place so its more like werefamily. . Ive. learened thatjust little thingsmake them happy.,feel safe in therehome,
Pros
cioseto home, andset scheduie
Cons
no raises
Challenging regional environment but supported by great group of committed teams
Senior VP and Chief Physician Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2018
Great respect for the interactive, collegial and energetic individual.

Culture based on continuous development of skills and talents.
Pace was accelerated and at times, several competing interests required focused attention to prioritization of issues to resolve.

Delicate balance between expecting higher quality results and increasing clinical productivity of clinicians.

Board members very committed to the well-being of the organization.
Pros
Fair compensation and benefits
Cons
Challenging Healthcare environment in Kansas and Missouri
wonderful place to work and come to every day.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2018
good atmosphere, ever day you learn something new, management is wonderful thoughtful and always listens and gives positive advise and feed back, workplace culture is diversities the hardest part of the job is me leaving for retirement, the most enjoyable part of the job is learning and being with my 2nd family.
Pros
good work envierment
Cons
Productive environment with great team morale and a very understanding boss.
Medical Informatics Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
Saint Luke's is an amazing company to work for. You find like minded individuals who share the same goals and work ethic as you. Team players, collaborative and hard-working. I loved working at Saint Luke's!
Pros
Great boss (CMIO), great co-workers, one vision
Clinical Nurse, Neuro/Oncology (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. They prioritize staffing as a Magnet Hospital as I never have more than four patients. The hardest part is floating as it can be difficult to find what you're looking for on a new unit.
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2018
My department has unbelievable teamwork. Everyone gets along. I enjoy going to work. At my entity, there is minimal opportunity for advancement which causes high turnover for nurses.
Cons
No access to food at night, other than vending machines. High turnover due to poor advancement opportunity
Great Place For Advancement
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2018
CBO has amazing management. Although I can only speak for the individuals I have directly worked with. They want to see you succeed and advance in the company. If this is what you want, they will try to help you on your journey up.
The company works hard to create a work life balance.
Pros
Many advancement opportunites.
Cons
Sick leave cannot be used until 3 days of PTO have been used.
Very team oriented place to work
Medical Billing Specialist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2018
Saint Luke's did employee Recognition and was a fun place to work. I was well compensated and had all the tools necessary to perform my job. I would recommend any position at this health system.
Pros
team players
Cons
short lunches
Warning! Warning! Keep looking!!!!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Horrible, horrific place to work!!!! Stress level through the roof! Lack of care for staff!! Management talks to staff members about other employees personal information. Drama. Drama. And more drama. Please do yourself a favor....work somewhere else!
Pros
Apparently management thinks they are doing us a favor to give a lunch break.
Cons
No lunch breaks. Don’t care about staff. Attitude from management.
Excellent mentoring across the entire organization
Senior VP and Chief Physician Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2018
The Department of Organizational Development is lead by very committed and competent/knowledgeable professionals. They seek to understand the strengths of the employees and develop those strengths further for better success.
Pros
Many opportunities for career development through courses
Cons
There is a sense that one mustbalways be connected to the job
Busy and learning new programs as they became available
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2018
I had a very interesting job. Duties were different from day to day. I enjoyed learning new tasks. I also enjoyed orienting new staff to the department. I worked with other departments to help with the flow of patients to get to our department. The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients. I wanted to do my best to inform them if there was a problem that might interrupt the schedule of patients being seen. I am very people friendly and try to help co workers when there was down time.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Departments that are closed and trying to find a job in the hospital to stay employed.
Nope
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
I don't want to do this. I think it's stupid that you are making me. It makes me want to review you instead. If it's voluntary/anonymous, why is this required?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight