Saint Luke's Hospital Employee Reviews

Unappreciative
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2018
It's a great company to work for but understaffed all the time for a 24/7/365 isn't good for the company. Your work goes unnoticed & not appreciative of how many hours you put in after you have already done your 40 hours. Management doesn't like to assist if your understaffed nor answer the on-call pager calls. The physicians & nursing staff are great to work with.
Best place to give and receive care.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2018
This job was a very proficient and well adaptive place to work. Staff was all like family we work together to save lives. Staff was caring towards patients and towards staff team.
Pros
Would recommend this hospital to anyone
Good place to be
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2018
Saint Luke's was a great place to work, they had lovely co-workers and an awesome manager for my department. I got along great with everyone there. Saint Luke's is an amazing company, they look after their patients and also their employees. Its nice to have a company that cares for you and wants to help you succeed.
Pros
Great Cafe
Cons
Short Breaks
Hosiptal is big, you can get your count steps in while working
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
Good place to work.
Benefits are great.
Not enough staff in lab to fully accommodate the hospital.
Lack communication between shifts
Overall its a great place to work.
low morale, turnover rate insane, no real guidance
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 14, 2018
stressful, same routine everyday, more work added on no additional pay or staffing, I would not recommend this place to anyone. its something about the network they just don't care about the little people only the head honchos that bring in the big money.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Medical Assistant
Saint Luke's Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2018
A lot of politics. Over work you. Pay raises are horrible. Management is terrible depending on your job. Medical Assistants have soooooo many duties to one person for the pay! Once you leave don't plan on going back no matter what they tell you. They put it in your file not to rehire you. I know several employees done that way. Raises are so small. Advancements..forget it unless you are higher up.
Pros
Several locations
Cons
Pay, advancements, high insurance not rehireable once you leave
Review
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Saint Luke's Hospital is a great place to work. As a nurse, they constantly offer CSI (bonus) shifts for either 150 or 300 dollars extra on what your normal OT shift would be.
I work with a great team
Nutrition Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 18, 2018
Great co-workers and benefits wish there was room for advancement.
New technology, Nurses and Drs. Rock we have our own cafeteria where fresh food is served daily and a late night coffee shop that works great for employees that work overnight.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No room for advancement
great atmosphere
Patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 8, 2018
typical day was balanced
learned a great deal about the health field
management was nice
family culture
hardest part was being fired
most enjoyable was the staff
Great Company
TRANSPLANT ASST (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 8, 2017
Saint Luke's Hospital is an great organization, its family and faith based and they care about their employees and patients. I highly recommend this employer for anyone who is seeking employment at a place they want a career and not just a job.

Want to know more about Saint Luke's Hospital?

Ask a question
Racist, and a lot of favortism
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 4, 2017
They are underpaid, the hard workers are usually the ones who were treated horrible. Management does not care about employees as long as they work. I always worked overtime, a few times i stayed at the hospital and worked the whole weekend and slept at the hospital but when i got sick they wrote me up.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
management, pay
Needs Improvment
Centrilized Scheduling Represenative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 25, 2017
The overall flow of the company was great. The ability to grow with in the company is very difficult to do. St. Lukes does not provide the necessary resources needed to grow within the company.
workplace
HR Coordinator/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. My reporting manager was such a great person to support.The team I worked with allowed my job to be enjoyable.
Help environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2017
Everyday there is someone in need, I like to clarify doubts and the satisfaction of people when meeting their needs. What I like is the availability of staff to collaborate.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Strives to live up to its principles and slogan: The best place to give care; the best place to receive care.
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2017
I had a very positive experience with my chaplain residency at Saint Luke's Hospital. There were times when the overnight on-call schedule, set by the greater Spiritual Wellness Department, really pushed me. Hence the "50+ hours" listed above. I think, however, this is typical of many quality chaplain resident programs. The supervisors are hard-working and care about the residents' growth, and assist the residents in finding balance and dealing with the demands. In addition to the compensation and benefits mentioned above, residents also receive a $156 monthly meal allowance. The cafeteria is the best hospital cafeteria in town.
Typical hospital environment
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my co-workers and my job. It was a high volume accounts payable position and I enjoyed the fast pace.

There were certain items that required teamwork with other departments as well as other accounting team members.
the culture was not good to much cut throat
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2017
check emails and proceed with analyzing reports, then making necessary phone calls to various external and internal stakeholders. Will write up credit reports for all over paid accounts after analyzing the accounts for accuracy of payments from the payers both private and government..
Pros
few nice people
Cons
boss was horrible and unfair
Interesting
Secretary/Receptionist. (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRSeptember 14, 2017
I love to work on hospital my time in Saint Luke Hospital Puerto Rico
i work on different department .Admission Department do senso for beds inside the hospital and clerk on Emergency room register patient collect co-paymen
Pros
free lunch
A great place to work
Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2017
I worked as Security Officer on the Night Shift. My duties were dispatching my fellow officers on non-emergency and emergency calls. I would do lost and found reports, too. I escorted employees and visitors to their vehicles.
Small work environment, average benefits
Surgical Services Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NCAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work. 3 OR suites. Good management. busy joint replacement program. would do 3 to 5 total joint replacements on Mondays, 20 to 26 cataracts with IOL on every other Wednesday and a smattering of General and Urological cases for good measure. Team work was very prevalent.
Pros
Excellent esprit de corps.
Cons
Sometimes breaks were short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.