Saint Martin's University Employee Reviews

Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 3, 2017
Very welcoming environment at Saint Martin's University. People are trying to do the best they can to serve all the students who attend. I recommend anyone to work there.
fun talking on the phone with school alumni and parents
Phonathon caller (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 15, 2017
This is a very helpful job. Before I worked at this job, I had been a shy person, I had been afraid of speaking on the phone and expressing myself in front of people. However I took a risk and applied for this job. I've gained so much confidence and experience during and after this job. I am not able to talk comfortably on the phone and deal with different situations with different customers.
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 1, 2017
This job was only a work study job but it was a job where I learned so many new things and was able to gain skills that I previously did not expect. The management is great and environment is awesome.
Pros
Works with my school schedule
Cons
work study does not allow to go more than 20 hours in a week
Ping Pong tables
Student (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 23, 2017
I was the champion, learned a bunch of information technology while with the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy. Learned networking, DHCP, DNS, routing, switching OSI model, etc.
Friendly work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 29, 2017
Answering phones, transferring calls, and taking messages. I got to learner more about the school and events. Management is great and friendly. You get to meet new people for all over.
Place to Grow
Asscoiate Head Track and Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 6, 2017
For an employee looking for an entry level position, this would be a great start to a career in coaching. Honestly, the location was a struggle for an individual that is single and not from the area.
Pros
Free Health Insurance
Excellent university atmosphere
English Professor (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 10, 2016
Dedicated teachers, staff, and faculty. Good students. Growing school. Nice campus, but the older buildings need some updating.
It is great University
Mathematics Professor (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 20, 2016
This my honor to work in this university and teaching to military service members and their families. Many good and professional staff are working in this university.
Review
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 7, 2016
Great opportunity to make an immediate impact on the campus and athletic department. Mediocrity has been difficult to overcome, but the campus seems to be progressing in the right direction.
Challenging work environment.
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 6, 2016
A typical work day might entail cleaning up and restocking up to 4 restrooms per day (spread throughout the campus) collecting garbage in designated building(s); sweeping/dust mopping and mopping gymnasium floors; vacuuming, cleaning shower stalls, scraping gum from outside side walks, cleaning out ashtrays and picking up debris from grounds.
Pros
Cafeteria with delicious foods and long breaks
Cons
daily evaluations of cleanliness and constant pressure to clean up students' messes.
Wait for the Union votr
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 27, 2016
Staff, faculty currently trying to Unionize. If that happens then things there might get better. Huge turnover, poor senior management.
Pros
Some super great people
Cons
Poor Senior Leadership (e.g., President, Provost)
Great first job
ASSMU Senator of Business (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 8, 2016
I was very happy with being employed at Saint Martin's University. This was a great opportunity to get work experience and I would definitely work here again.
Public Safety
Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 7, 2015
It was a great opportunity to broaden my opportunities working as a public officer. We would do patrols of the school 24 hours of the day 7 days a week. We would assist the students of the school as well as the faculty members and even outside members of the school that have inquiry questions about the school itself.
Great experience for the real world
writer / reporter for The Belltower (Former Employee) –  Lacey WashingtonSeptember 5, 2015
I got to work along peers all while completing assingments for the paper and class. I learned to balance my schedule and learned more about my strengths and weaknesses.
Great place for work study
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Biology DepartmentAugust 26, 2015
I worked for Saint Martin's University first in the Office of Institutional Advancement then in the Biology department as a work study student.
Pros
developed lab skills and positive rapport with professors and staff
Cons
not full time
Saint Martin's University
Student/Loan Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 7, 2015
Saint Martin's University is an amazing place to work. I am thankful for all the staff and faculty who I work with everyday.
Ruby Dugan
Tour Guide/Front Desk Personnel (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 23, 2014
I learned that children have different needs in terms of learning. I would have loved to stay here if I could.
career
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 15, 2014
This is a great school and I recommend it to anyone! It has amazing opportunities.
seeking a new position
Vice President of Institutional Advancement (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 10, 2013
Saint Martins University is a small university. They are currently experiencing financial challenges and although I was down half of my staff due to retirements, military transfers and natural attrition, I was unable to rehire for any of my staff positions. It was a very difficult situation.
Work study program
Clerical/Office support (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WashingtonSeptember 20, 2013
it was a good job to earn extra money for school supplies and food.