Saint Mary's College of California Employee Reviews

Collaborative
Office Manager Student Success Office (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CA 94556June 22, 2018
Good environment for growth. Students and staff recognized not just a number. Lots of interaction with faculty, staff, Brothers and students on a daily basis.
Collaborative and Innovative academic community.
Writing Circle Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAMay 6, 2018
Wonderful working enviromment, passionate and attentive team members, challenging and ever-evolving, inquisitive and mellow. Great campus with mission-like nature-filled grounds. Plenty of work/study space and excellent food and wi-fi accessible.
Interactive and fun work place
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAApril 26, 2018
Relaxed
basic administrative functions of an office
management is very understanding
culture of the workplace is comfortable
hardest part of the job is getting hours because I am a current Federal Work study student
Part time head coach
Head Coach, Men's Volleyball (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAApril 3, 2018
Great school but the job was a partite time position for the men's head coaching position. I was looking for an opportunity to be employed as the women's assistant coaching position.
Pros
coached volleyball
Cons
stipend only
St. Mary's College of CA
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CADecember 12, 2017
SMC used to be a great place to work. With the current leadership, the management of the college & budget are such that it is not a fun place to work
Pros
A week off at Christmas paid
Cons
Never can take a lunch, many people do two and three jobs and salary
Fun and productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 17, 2017
I helped repaint a charter school. We took a couple hours of the day to paint the small school and brought the life back into it. It was fun and was managed very well.
work in athletics!!
Event Staff/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAAugust 29, 2017
I have worked for many places within the saint marys community but working in athletics is probably the best job there. The people really makes a great atmosphere and its one of my favorite places to work and to be
Meaningful work at a mission driven institution
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CA 94575August 4, 2017
Outstanding place to work among colleagues who are committed to the work of educating and inspiring leaders of tomorrow.
The work provides satisfaction of knowing that you have contributed to improvements in our society and our future.
Good but could easily be better
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAJune 19, 2017
Happy working here but very out of date practices in HR and management for a Bay Area company. Pay is lower than average. very easy-going atmosphere. But needs more accountability with its managers (Deans, chairs).
Nice Med Bennies...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAJune 9, 2017
Salary is low, events take away from weekends & make the long Christmas break seem less valuable. Upper management is often cold, and hard to connect with. Lots of gossip, cliques, and contradictory news/vibes make it all feel unstable.
Pros
Nice medical benefits
Cons
cuts, management is unapproachable, super lean staff, unrealistic expectations w/ what they provide
Overrated
lackey (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAMay 25, 2017
They are forcing staff to retire, and eliminating jobs, because of senior managements bad decisions. They gave free classes to students and their fund raising is next to nothing. They are 6 million in the hole. People are leaving the school before things get worse. senior management does not care about their people. They are outsourcing as much as possible to save money.
Pros
community time, tutiton break for family, decent benefits
Cons
senior management, directors, low pay, gossip, gaels think they are better than everyone else
Student Worker
Ambassador Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAMay 1, 2017
I worked here while I attended SMC. It was a great place to learn and the culture was unforgettable. I love the education that I received and am grateful for the work experience I was able to gain while going to school.
Glad to Have Attended
President of Dystopian Society (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 27, 2017
I am very thankful to have attended Saint Mary's College of California. I believe if provided me with opportunities other schools would not have been able to give me.
Pros
Small Campus
Cons
Liberal Arts School
Holy Smoke
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAMarch 30, 2017
This place is a joke!! 75% of the staff in the maintenance department are unable to perform the most basic of maintenance tasks. They lack proper training and leadership.
Pros
Free tuition for kids.
Cons
Pay and benifents suck
Beautiful campus in Moraga foothills
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAMarch 28, 2017
I've enjoyed working at this small Catholic Lasallian Christian Brothers liberal arts institution in Moraga. The grounds are beautiful and the Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve motto is one that I feel both Staff and Faculty embody and strive to support the student body in accomplishing. You pretty much have a job for life if you like here at SMC, but it is difficult to grow or move up on the Staff side, which is why I am looking for other opportunities.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Parking on campus
Good on campus Job
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAMarch 22, 2017
This is a good job that provides basic skills for students and helps you get more involved on campus. The involvement aspect also helps you be a student leader throughout the campus.
Student
Exercise Physiology Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I worked here as a student on an internship with the Kinesiology department - the opportunities and small class size here make it a phenomenal place to develop yourself.
Good people, bad pay
ITS Tech Bar Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CANovember 15, 2016
They are very unwilling to pay based on experience. My supervisor was nice and understanding, but raises were few and far between with little to no benefits.
School was great & I received invaluable knowledge here.
student (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2016
School had very knowledgeable teachers who were masters in their field. Excellent curriculum based on real world problems. The MSFAIM program was very well structured & very relevant to what's required in the Finance industry.
Pros
Well structured program with relevant information & skills learnt.
Cons
Some of the teachers were not great at teaching, but the school was quick to remedy this by replacing low-performing teachers.
Engaging Workplace
Associate Director-Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CAJuly 2, 2016
Engaging workplace with opportunity for campus involvement and cross discipline conversation. Highly collaborative work environment with highly diverse levels of thought.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Mary's College of California. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Mary's College of California Reviews by Location