Saint Mary's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Dietary (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 3, 2019
The managers were very biased and only work hard to promote their family members or favorite employees. They don't hold to their word and are not good.
April 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving an honest review about St. Mary's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

oncology floor
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 4, 2019
Loved working this floor. Learned from the best oncology nurses there. Taking care of cancer patients is very rewarding and also the saddest part of the job.
Pros
Free medical
Cons
long walk to department
February 5, 2019

Thank you. We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

not recommend
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2019
not recommend based on many areas of which I am not able to disclose or discus based on privacy and professional standards I need to follow as a professional. I have reported my concerns officially and undisclosed were need be,
Pros
to few real emoloyees
Cons
to many travelers
January 25, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Great people who work there
Charge Nurse, MICN, ER (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90813January 16, 2019
Wonderful people to work with. Management is decent at best. Problem is constantly short on staffing. Dangerous place to work considering the environment in which the hospital is located.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Dangerous place to work
January 17, 2019

We're sorry to hear you feel the hospital is in a dangerous location. We're actually located in Florida. Was this feedback intended for our facility?

Cool
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2018
Good hospital love it I will love all the experience I had there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good place !!!!!!! I will refer anyone here it’s a good place!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good
Good
December 3, 2018

Productive place to work.
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 31, 2018
Productive place to work with great core values and mission statement. Positive atmosphere with good opportunities for advancement and continuing education.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Positive an a fun workplace you learn a lot
Patient care tech/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 4, 2018
You learn a lot meet new people Hey give me a Opportunity go back to school to do if you want to do if the positive workplace Do you things for different departments in the hospital get more experience
The elder workers were superb
Operating Room Registered Nurse-scrub (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I appreciate the colleagues that I ran across from there and doctors -surgeons were phenomenally gifted - but their was a perverse new peri-op grads of potty mouth inappropriate "Trauma Dance"..and our taxes paid for them to get taught and alot of money outside source and they were ungracious and ungrateful for my tax contribution.
Pros
many gifted physicians
Cons
culture within the unit
has become a rigid environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 3, 2018
little opportunity for growth.

frequent management turnover, varying from too lax to overly stringent.

peers work as team

patients appreciate the care

but staff never receives positive feedback that managers get from calls to patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work .employees are very helpful to each other. I had a wonderful time working there.would go back to work there.st Mary's hospital supervisor and staff are wonderful
The Culture changed with the new CEO
Director Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 8, 2018
I managed the Environmental Services departments at 2 hospitals and 2 clinics with over 110 employees. We were also responsible for linen distribution. I started a recycling program that reduced the cost of trash disposal and brought in revenue to the hospital
Pros
Great growth opporunity in management responsibilites
Cons
Mission and culture changed when CEO retired
August 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

Productive & constructive work environment
West Palm Beach- Utility/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
•I learned how to move at quick pace from building to building
• My days at work would be long but yet challenging
•I learned how to maneuver/work round certain safety hazards
•I Gained experience on how to avoid any situation at work when we have to deal with visitors/guest
Pros
Cooperative co-workers & excellent food service
Cons
Some work areas have to be cleaned constantly, employees tend to leave utensils scattered around work area
productive and fast paced place
Clinical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLApril 9, 2018
fast paced environment,over time is always available, the pay is fair compare to other companies. a place to work specially if you are a student seeking any health career.
Pros
different shifts, pay satisfactory
Cons
supervisors and managers are not allowed to make decisions unless hr agree.
April 11, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's Medical Center's success.

not safe place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 3, 2018
Labor and delivery have so many turned over nurses that is insane how HR doesn't look what is going on there.
Inexperience management, don.t care about employees. unfair assgm, ALWAYS short staff. Don't listen to employees complaint, Inappropriate behavior by management and nobody care or pretend not see anything that is going on there.
Friendly work environment where you felt part of a team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 26, 2018
The therapy dept in both acute and rehab setting was was demanding due to its population/demographics of being a trauma one level hospital. However all staff worked well as a team and always demonstrated a deep care for their patients recovery.
Cons
I was perdiem
Great fast pasced employment
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2018
St. Mary's provided a supportive environment while working in the pharmacy.

Staff was fair in the schedule and there were always opportunities for overtime and volunteering for paid holidays.
Was happy to resign
Critical Care Staff RN (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 7, 2018
Management and HR very weak and unsupportive of nursing dept.
Housekeeping and cleanliness very sad. Staffing a great problem for safe ICU patient care.
Pros
Trauma team strong
Cons
Poor staffing and management
fast pace enviroment,lots of opportunity to learn
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2018
started my new born,infant skills there,pay is satisfactory. lab supervisor is fair but @ times her hands are tide by HR or corporate.
ALWAYS have opportunity to make extra by signing for overtime.
Registered nurse critical care
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Very challenging and rewarding, diagnosis, pre and post op care. Life support, iv medications, central line placement and care. Environment for alot of experience
productive,great work place enviroment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  45th street west palm beachFebruary 20, 2018
working there gave me the opportunity to learn about protocol for stroke and trauma collection. I was given a chance to start doing pediatrics draw there; although I have many years of experience in adult and geriatrics phlebotomy ,infant was not my area of expertise so I'm very grateful they've allowed me to start in that field which i master in less then a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Mary's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3