Saint Mary's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2018
I learned to be more patient with customers. Management was good. the hardest part about the job was the pace and anxious customers. also the best part were the customers.
Pros
discounts on lunch
Cons
weather condition
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that your role provided growth opportunities.

A place for those willing to learn.
RN II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94117July 7, 2018
SMMC in San francisco is a very politically run Dignity Health Facility in a small community hospital with many nurses who have a passion for quality care .
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad you were happy in your role!

Ok but stressful
nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WV 25702June 28, 2018
Many clicks, and if you dont belong they will railroad you out. and then black ball you. Hard place to work in some units. but there are some that are wonderful
Pros
Cons
work is hard staffing low managers are not well educated
June 30, 2018

Thank you for the review. We will address these concerns with management.

Not nearly as organized as desired
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJune 19, 2018
Managers at many times failed with communication. On many occasions I had scheduling mishaps, and my manger was unaware wether I was full time or part time and scheduling me out of scale, also pay was not matched to initial offer due to the constant confusion and lack of communication.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
miscommunication, not enough willingness to help provide care from other staff members
June 21, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about St. Mary's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Excellent
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 16, 2018
Work days were challenging and rewarding. Not just for the patient but also for the family. Team driven work environment. Hardest part of the job, was not all things turn out in the hospital as good, the passing of patients was hard for you and of course the family. You find yourself at times needing support? Turning to support the family. The most rewarding part was watching that patient leave the unit. And some of them would come back several month later to visit the staff.
Pros
Team Work/Work envirnment
Cons
stressful hours / weekends and holidays
June 18, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you're so happy in your role.

A good workplace environment in general
Materials Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2018
Working at St. Mary's offers a good working environment where teamwork is practiced as well as opportunities to learn new ways of approaching one's job. Online learning modules keep employees informed with up to date policies regarding patient care, safety procedures, etc. I learned how to inventory items, how to rotate stock as well as look for expiration dates, check for defective items by looking at lot numbers, catalogue numbers,etc.
Management helps by holding monthly staff meetings for all department employees as well as weekly department meetings, informing employees of changes in stocking and inventory procedures.
The people in the workplace are willing to pitch in and help with any workers who need extra help and are willing to teach others how to perform duties and jobs that are required.
The most difficult part of the job is learning which items are stock vs. non-stock, learning how to locate items throughout the hospital, how to charge them out and how to adjust the inventory.
The best part of the job for me is knowing that I did my best to ensure that the departments get their items in a timely manner and that they receive the correct items.
June 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's success.

Fast paced, great people and Doctors to work with.
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 6, 2018
Working for Saint Marys was my first medical job. I was a little nervous at first, i did pick up quickly and had fantastic coworkers that trained me. I loved all the Doctors, and nurses. I learned a lot.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
I felt bad for the children that were quiet ill which had to be transported to the Hospital.
June 8, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Rough place to work
Staff RN on Medical-Surgical Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 6, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at St Mary's hospital. It was a small facility where I did not belong. I felt judged often by my peers and the work load was too much.
Pros
Cons
everything was a con for working here
May 8, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about St. Mary's Medical Center. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

productive and fast paced place
Clinical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLApril 9, 2018
fast paced environment,over time is always available, the pay is fair compare to other companies. a place to work specially if you are a student seeking any health career.
Pros
different shifts, pay satisfactory
Cons
supervisors and managers are not allowed to make decisions unless hr agree.
April 11, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's Medical Center's success.

Benefits are ok but pay is subpar
Health Information Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 24, 2018
The only decent thing about that place are the benefits, everything else is disheartening . Department supervisors act like immature children or catty teenagers instead of behaving like adults.
March 26, 2018

no room for advancement
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAFebruary 8, 2018
There was no room for advancement within the research department at the time that I had left. Saint Mary's had been purchased and was going through reorganization and unsure if they would have continued in clinical research.
February 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

The best hospital I ever worked at
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 6, 2018
The hospital had professional people working there. The pay is great. The management was very fair. It's the best company I have ever worked for. Overall people get along.
Pros
Good paycheck and good food for break
Cons
Working at a hospital can be sad at times
January 8, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's success.

Most favorite job and place of employment
RN Level II trauma unit. (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 20, 2017
I walked into this position with no trauma experience yet they gave me a chance. It was the most rewarding position I've had yet and I learned so very much. It was literally, at times, 12 or more hours in one room saving the life of young critical patient. I've never had so much fun and gained so much knowledge at any other job I've had. The people were great and truly worked together as a team in the Level II trauma unit. D Parker
Pros
Team centered, Life saving, great experience, amazing & talented staff. Most gracious family and patients alike for all our efforts.
December 22, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! At St. Mary's Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great place to work. Company really cared about thier employees
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 11, 2017
Small town feeling and concern for patients and employees. Lots of room for advancement. Leadership encouraged staff to continue to learn and grow to prepare to advance in the company.
December 13, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's Medical Center's success.

Very understaffed
Many opportunities as Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 7, 2017
Very understaffed with little support from management. Very unorganized and little acknowledgement of policy and procedures from managers. Could be a very unsafe environment to work in for nurses and the care of their patients. Little praise given by management.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

overall great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 6, 2017
my review would be fast past quick on your feet. They are very family bound. My job was to assist doctors patients also insurgence companies. with daily jobs codes information on medication
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
September 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's success.

great place to work
RN - Emergency Room / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOAugust 9, 2017
relaxed environment. great teamwork. patient orientated. strong knowledge base care for care of loved ones in need of medical attention. one of the best places to work.
Good. Overall
House keeping janitorial services (Former Employee) –  1750 W saint. Mary's Rd Tucson Arizona 85745August 8, 2017
I. Liked to work there it's. A. Good. Environment good. Benefits and. Easy. Work but. Kind of dangerous because the. Persons in. Hospital have. All. Kind. Of. Sickness. But. Work. Related. It's. Good
Pros
Good place to. Work at
Cons
It's kind. Of. Dangerous because the. Sick. Person around have. All. Kind. Os. Sikness
was a trauma and lab tech
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 31, 2017
i was a trauma and lab tech there. I loved it but went on to a different career as a high school teacher. It was a great hospital and loved it there.
Great job and great leadership
Provide Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2017
Great job culture. Great leadership. Compensation could have been better. Advancement was great. I advanced into management position quickly. Loved working for St. Mary's.