Saint Xavier University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nothing to say
Student Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
i have nothing to say about this school all good vibes i only because i transferred schools, could use a little more diversity as well and a better food service
Great
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
Great place to work. A lot of enthusiastic staff which always makes coming to work a lot better. Allowed freedom with tutors to do as they please with students as long as results were being produced.
No Room to Grow
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
The University is in a constant state of avoiding a budget deficit and it falls on staff mostly. There have been no raises in over 9 years and, in fact, we took salary cuts just 3 years ago.

The work culture is collaborative among the lower levels of staff. But, there is not room for advancement.
Pros
Tuition Discount
Cons
No raises
I did not like working for SXU
FRONT DESK OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
To be a student worker they tried to be cut-throat in the area I was working in. My boss left after awhile and we were under someone new and she was a complete a-hole from the start.
Pros
Could do homework on shift
Cons
Charged us to take lunch
very productive
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2018
I liked it very much. everyone help when that was problem. students, staff, was very helpful and understanding. when someone was in trouble we will help to find a solution.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no room to advance
Productive and easy going workplace
Public Safety Desk Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2018
when I was an associate all of the managers was easygoing and relaxed and when I became a manager I was the same way. All of the associates were relaxed an easygoing as well.
Relaxing place to work
Grad Teaching Assistant for Java Programming (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Everyone is nice and whole school culture kept the traditional one from long time ago as the oldest university in Chicago.
It not a big school so many employee might know each other
Rewarding
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Adjunct faculty have the flexibility to teach when schedule and course offerings align. The tools and resources available to the faculty were aligned to the mission of the university.
I was only an adjunct but my time there was enjoyable
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work but lack of funding is a serious problem. Campus life is good for a small school and the facilities are accessible. Management for the most part is pretty good.
Fun Relaxed place to work
Student Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
all i really had to do when i was working here was make sure to answer the phones and please the students/staff. students usually called to get a reset of there password, so when a student called to reset there password, we had to let the manager know the student needed a password reset and managers gave us a temporary password to give to students.
Ok For a Summer Job/Internship
Sustainability Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
For the jobs that I had there was a good work/life balance and it gave you a solid idea of what a potential 9-5 job could be like. They pay was a little low, but at least you would get a raise if you stayed for another year.
great university
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
I was a student there and was able to work for the biology department while i was finishing up my degree. It was a great place to work at even though i was a student still and not part of the staff.
Great student work
Student Affairs Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2017
I worked here while I was a full-time student. I loved all the jobs I had here and I was able to put what I earned towards my tuition which was a great help.
Productive and fun workplace for students
Resident Peer Minister (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2017
Great jobs for students looking to work on campus. Great opportunities for networking as well as career building tools for when it is time to move on and into the workforce outside of college.
Diversity, professional and friendly place
P-t Bursar Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
I enjoy working at the University. There's room from improvement because of the many departments withing the university. It is a professional and a friendly place.
Pros
Tuition
Cons
Low pay
In strategic overhaul
Cashier (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 27, 2017
Too difficult to work here now. Place is in total chaos and will remain this way for a good 3 years. Stay away as everyone is backstabbing and a cleaning house is taking place.
Pros
small
Cons
small minded thinking
Good place to work for Students
Student Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2017
I would go into work and be greeted by another coworker. I would answer phones, talk to students, and handle any questions. I would have to time to talk to my supervisors and be able to do my homework. It was laidback most of the time, but busier on the weekends.
Insightful; great exposure in the field of psychology
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
Working as a research assistant, I experienced one-on-one contact with my research investigators. I was very hands-on in collecting data from study participants, coding data in excel and analyzing data in weekly meetings. My fellow research assistants were very motivated and engaged in each study. The most challenging aspect of holding this position was persuading strangers to participate in my study by taking surveys. Overall, I left with greater understanding of the human dynamic and development which has enabled me to sympathize and connect with others because of this knowledge.
Productive and Fun work place
Student Producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Easy and quick learning environment, a good place to learn new skills and meet new people. I enjoyed working there and having a place to that was close to me, to work and go to school.
Student worker
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I was attending school at Saint Xavier University for my undergrad and I needed a work study program. The library was the perfect fit.
Pros
That gave me the max hours
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Xavier University. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Xavier University Reviews by Location