Saje Natural Wellness Employee Reviews

90% sure, definite cult
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 31, 2018
- Work/life balance is odd, wants Saje to be the basis of existence and sole reasonfor being a healthy individual.

- Uses “cultural” tools (Seven Spiritual Laws/Ennegram) as discriminatory tools for hiring/promoting within company.

- Upper management = BAISED ; definitely some ethical issues within this company and especially when thinking in terms of driving business.

- Fake facade of “wellness” and “not your average retail company” THEY ARE DEFINITELY AN AVERAGE RETAIL COMPANY. Goals, KPIs, Yada-yada definitely high presence but portays an image of not focusing on sales or seeing community members as just a sale/$$.

- Founding family ridiculously distracted and intense; will spy on you within your retail store to see if you’re actually working + not understanding there’s so many selling points being missed to drive business.

- Not big on sustainability. Wastes ridiculous amounts of paper/cardboard/plastic etc in MASS AMOUNTS. Over production of products with low sell through rates. Seriously need to check the business model. Will not last in the USA with this sad ideal of a business model. NOT SUSTAINABLE. STOP WASTING PRODUCT/TIME/PACKAGAIN/MONEY.
Pros
Met amazing beautiful souls as coworkers, teaching community about wellness.
Cons
Everything else, especially the CULT feeling and saying “not average retail” but definitely average retail.
Excited to be part of growth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CADecember 16, 2018
I am the store Manager at a Saje in America. It is different than other management positions I have had in that the company is new to the US so you are consistently introducing the brand to new community members. This is both fun and challenging! I feel very empowered to grow the business in my location and share the amazing products with new community members. There is tons of potential and I love being part of a business that is growing. My location is a little calmer than others so I have lots of time to focus on team development, brand awareness, and culture. Compared to other management positions I have had the operational side is pretty negligible (as in there is not much to do). You should expect to be on the floor leading your team by example. We have weekly calls and one admin day a week. During holiday time I just squeeze in admin time when ever I can so I can be on the floor.

My district manager is great and does not micro manage which I really appreciate. She visits our store regularly and helps out on the sales floor.

Culture is a huge part of Saje. You should be an open minded individual and expect some introspection as part of your job.

The hardest part of my job is spreading brand awareness. The company works hard to so and it gets better everyday. We do in store events which are great catalysts for that and lots of fun.

My favorite part of Saje besides the products being 100% natural, and the impact of the wellness OF THE WORLD, is helping the people on my team and elevating their wellness and lives.

If you are wellness minded, like to work
  more... with people and work hard, this is the place.  less
Pros
Wellness focus, good pay, great culture
Cons
No 401k, No mat leave
Productive fun environment
Team lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
The environment within saje was 'much different and exciting than any other retail store , they made it a priority to make sure we was our best mentally and emotionally .
Pros
mental check ins
Cons
short breaks
The best thing about working at Saje is the team members
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  OntarioDecember 10, 2017
It was a great pleasure working with such energetic and out-going people that constantly rubbed off good vibes on each other. There was never a dull day at work. The best thing is that everyone also shared a mutual belief - connecting the people with the healing power of plants.
Pros
Great Colleagues