SAK CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A very hostile work environment
In and out wet tech (Former Employee) –  O"fallonJuly 8, 2018
This is by far the worst company to work for I only worked there for 3 weeks I got cursed out for taking breaks they wanted and had me working through my breaks treats to get beat up. I was never properly trained they drink beer on the job.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
N/a
Construction Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
It was a good first job it really taught me a lot as far as doing what has to be done to satisfy the clients. I’ve done alll types of home construction interior and exterior
SAK is a GREAT place to work!
Unknown (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 7, 2018
My issue and reason for seeking other employment was/is only with one coworker. It would seem to me, it is easier to just remove myself and find other employment.
Pros
Many
Cons
Not many.
Extremely poor middle management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 9, 2018
SAK in general is a good company to work for. However, in the region I was posted in, The middle management was abusive and disrespectful to all employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible office management team.
exellent place to work
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 12, 2017
really enjoyed working for SAK. learned a lot working with high level carpenters. Build structural concrete buildings. Worked 40+ hours consistently
Great company to work for
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 4, 2017
This is a fast growing company with lots of great opportunities. Truly care about their employees and a work/life balance. Tunnel/laborer job is perfect for someone who doesn't mind working out of town - great money! Office staff is very friendly.
Growing, Innovative, Family-Oriented Company
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 4, 2017
This company and leadership has been great since day 1. They are becoming an industry leader, which is no surprise. They have a staff of some of the most knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the industry. Employees are treated fairly, with great benefits and flexibility. Great place to work!
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, Growth
Top heavy, poor middle management.
Field Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 11, 2017
Growing fast but poorly managed at mid level. Preach safety but then frequently work 15 plus hour days and work short handed.You will make decent money but no work family balance. In almost two years our crew has worked in town a total of eleven weeks. With all the office and administrative personnel that have been hired in the years I've worked here, there has been very few new field personell. Now they are experiencing problems winning bids because of all the overhead they have to pay for and are blaming field personell for the problems. It's simple math really but with assistants for assistants salaries and nothing changing in the field it's easy to see why. Hoping they see the light and turn it around soon.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Ridiculous hours, No family life.
N/a
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOAugust 4, 2017
show up at shop and loud all materials and equipment. do pretrip inspection on the vehicle that you will be driving for the day. head out to jobsite and complete job required task and head home.
productive and safety orientated work enviroment
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOApril 12, 2017
Using class A CDL daily to operate company semi and other vehicles . Relining sewer lines. working with a team of 6 to 7 guys setting up, dragging liner and install 3 to 4 daily majority of the in a residential neighbor hood.

Want to know more about SAK CONSTRUCTION?

Ask a question
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 7, 2016
Great place to work at, would defenalty recommend to others. Great location and benifits. Close to free way for traveling employees.
very sucessfull business
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
learned so much from this company. very friendly people in the management department. although most of their work is based in washington
A great place to work they treat you with respect there is opportunity for growth with in the company.
Office (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 29, 2016
SAK offers wonderful opportunities for growth with in the company which I look forward to. They recognize coworkers for their hard work and being team players. There are many long term coworkers here. They offer a wonderful benefit package to their employees. I love the spirit of a family feel.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible, and Family Oriented
Cons
Have none at this time
Great Place to Work!!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 15, 2016
From the first day I started, I was welcomed as a valued member of the time. There is a tremendous amount of support and resources at your disposal. It is a modern office with cutting-edge technology. Fantastic benefits as well!
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, Technology
family oriented and family owned
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 26, 2016
great company family owned. Easy going atmosphere and I was given a mentor to help me along. Freedom as far as family goes.
Fast paced working enviroment
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, Mo. 63366July 16, 2015
Very productive and busy place to work.
Company is non stop-growing rapidly.
Great place to work, great employees and management.
Pros
Company was always giving to their employees.
Productive and friendly workplace
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 2, 2015
A typical day consisted of the same things with a small crew of about 5-8 developing liner, going over safety procedures daily first. Consisted of good guys who were very driven and likable. Management was away in the office unless a problem occurred. The toughest part of the job was dealing with an issue that occurred due to mechanical errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was being inside a warehouse away from severe weather conditions.
Pros
Weekend free, and respectable hours
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon MoJanuary 14, 2015
Good workplace and colleagues. Employees have much greater autonomy than in typical workplace. Great benefits. Learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement are a big plus.
Sak
Laborer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 1, 2015
SAK is a good company to work for if you are single with no family and don't mind being away from home for long periods at a time. It was a great experience for me to work for them but it is time for me to find something close to home where I can be near my family.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No breaks, no paid off time, forced to take two weeks off unpaid over the holidays
Use this company as a stepping stone to something better!
Trainer/Foreman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2014
The owners of this company have one thing on it's mind and that's themselves. Came to this job with the "promises" of $100,000 a year. After I got here and dug them out of being behind 2 months in their contract they kept me at $32/hr. On top of no sign on bonus or "extras" that they had verbally promised. The word of the upper management isn't worth much. Laid me off and at the same time told me they needed me to help out on an old contract across the state. When I got back they said they had no work for me. Empty words don't set well with me since they told my landlord I would have a permanent position with the company at over $100,000/yr. knowing I was going to sign a two year lease!
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
Don't hold to their word

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAK CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.